CrusaduRRR is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need some serious help with diet

Im 6ft tall ~135lbs I've been working out for a year now and have seen no gain in weight but I've gotten a lot stronger
    I made a huge mistake and ignored diet for the longest time but now after a year of no gains Im trying to get some info to educate myself.
    Im a college student so meal prepping would be ideal

I've been told to eat around 3500 calories a day is that enough?
    I've also been told to eat eggs, chicken and fish any other good foods?
    I currently have a Mass gainer and Whey protein from Tiger Fitness when/how often should I take these?

If you could give me examples and recommendations on what to eat and how much of it to eat that would be great, ANY info is helpful I know very little about a die for gaining weight.

JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CrusaduRRR View Post
    Im 6ft tall ~135lbs I've been working out for a year now and have seen no gain in weight but I've gotten a lot stronger
    I made a huge mistake and ignored diet for the longest time but now after a year of no gains Im trying to get some info to educate myself.
    Im a college student so meal prepping would be ideal

I've been told to eat around 3500 calories a day is that enough?
    I've also been told to eat eggs, chicken and fish any other good foods?
    I currently have a Mass gainer and Whey protein from Tiger Fitness when/how often should I take these?

If you could give me examples and recommendations on what to eat and how much of it to eat that would be great, ANY info is helpful I know very little about a die for gaining weight.
    As a PT I shouldn't be saying this. However..

If you wanna gain weight you need to be taking in more calories than you're expending. SO if I was you I'd be eating anything you need to in order to hit 3500 calories (this is a LOT of food so you'll struggle in all likelihood). If you need to be eating 'junk' foods to get there then do it.

After you're used to eating 3500 calories and you're able to do it fairly easily and consistently, then worry about the types of foods you're eating and look to mix in 'clean'-er foods. But for now focus on your numbers and reaching them, then worry about types of foods. It's no good eating as well as humanly possible straight away and it being too high in volume, tasteless, just not enjoyable and not sustainable.

SO really just try and eat as clean as possible and then if you need to eat something that isn't a bro food, is processed or whatever else then you're gonna have to do it because that will do a lot more for you than eating clean all day and not reaching a surplus. The extra calories will be the difference between gainz and no gainz.

Have your whey in the morning with breakfast and post workout. Then if you haven't hit your protein goal for the day then maybe have one more scoop.

Never really recommend mass gainers but if you're gonna take it, just use it when you've not ate enough food for the day. Bit of an insurance policy.

If you have no idea what your macros are then google 'tdee calculator' find your tdee. Then usually they'll ask you what your goal is and give you your macros or suggest grams/ per lb of bodyweight. You can track it all using myfitnesspal which is an app on your phone or you can use the website.

BEST OF LUCK

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Year of bulking, 0 weight gain, and you understood that you haven't got any stronger after 1 year in the gym?
    Troll?

CrusaduRRR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the advice

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Less processed fast food.
    More ACTUAL food.
    Rest.
    Lift heavy.
    EAT MORE THAN YOU HAVE BEEN. It's not very difficult.