Page 233 of 250 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,990 of 7477
    Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hooper85 View Post
    Can you tell me how you got so lean? I'm currently at around 15-16% bf and trying to make that leap to 10%.
    I will warn you that it does become significantly harder to keep progressing in fat loss at sub-10, while trying to hold on to muscle. Wouldn't even advise it unless you have everything set up perfectly.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

riibes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1.80m
    80.7kg

started gym 2 months ago. im with caloric deficit but trying to maintain 130g~140g protein intake per day
    bf estimate?
    Attached Images

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Well, I'm approaching the end of my planned bulk (129lbs-155lbs). Got about 7 more lbs to go.

Interested in getting a BF% estimation update. I feel I've gained a good bit of muscle, good bit of fat, great bit of strength, and a good amount of water in the process. However, I feel the fat gain has accelerated as of late for whatever reason. Not too distraught over it, needed to gain some back.

Anyways, either going to take the bulk to 170lbs or get to 155lbs and cut for about 10lbs. I'd like to stay on the leaner side for right now. Going to decide once I reach 155lbs.

Below is a pic of me in December at 129lbs, the next 3 are current at about 148lbs. Thanks in advance.
    I would agree with 7-8%. I would advise carrying on bulk as based on your previous pics I have seen you have gained minimal fat at all looks more like glycogen replenishment and mainly muscle. I can't see where you can cut 10lbs of fat?

Originally Posted by Hooper85 View Post
    Stats: 6'2'', 176 lbs, 35 years old. Last DEXA (a month ago) had me at 15.6% BF. LBM of 150 lbs and 27.5 lbs of fat.

Pics on my dashboard.
    Sounds about right I would have said 16%.

Originally Posted by lastchance2019 View Post
    Only have rear back shot here..

Guessing 16-18%

https://ibb.co/6vGzkYw
    I am afraid I will need a front pic as that is where most men hold their excess fat.

Originally Posted by riibes View Post
    1.80m
    80.7kg

started gym 2 months ago. im with caloric deficit but trying to maintain 130g~140g protein intake per day
    bf estimate?
    Not very good pic as you are bent over and its dark. But around 19% seems about right.

Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    I would agree with 7-8%. I would advise carrying on bulk as based on your previous pics I have seen you have gained minimal fat at all looks more like glycogen replenishment and mainly muscle. I can't see where you can cut 10lbs of fat?

I am afraid I will need a front pic as that is where most men hold their excess fat.

Not very good pic as you are bent over and its dark. But around 19% seems about right.
    Appreciate it.

I'm leaning towards taking the bulk to 170 at least. I really don't have any interest in getting up past 180lb right now. That could change when I reach 170lbs. Who the hell knows.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

riibes is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thank you. I want to go down to 15% bodyfat, I'm doing 3 times a week (pull, push, legs) and maintaning a caloric deficit at least 6 times a week because one day I take to enjoy life (drink, go out with friends), to go from 19 to 15% gaining mass and losing some fat, how long would it take?

I dont know in US, but I have 38cm neck and 85cm waist, this gave me 18.2% in a calculator I did, it was simillar than physical avaliation I did..

I'm a beginner and most of the times is being hard for me to see a change in scale, in 2 months I went from 83.5kg to 80.7kg. But I'm seeing lot of differences in arms, chest and shoulders (upper body) but having difficulty seeing results/differences in stomach..

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by riibes View Post
    Thank you. I want to go down to 15% bodyfat, I'm doing 3 times a week (pull, push, legs) and maintaning a caloric deficit at least 6 times a week because one day I take to enjoy life (drink, go out with friends), to go from 19 to 15% gaining mass and losing some fat, how long would it take?

I dont know in US, but I have 38cm neck and 85cm waist, this gave me 18.2% in a calculator I did, it was simillar than physical avaliation I did..

I'm a beginner and most of the times is being hard for me to see a change in scale, in 2 months I went from 83.5kg to 80.7kg. But I'm seeing lot of differences in arms, chest and shoulders (upper body) but having difficulty seeing results/differences in stomach..
    It is difficult to say, as recomps are awkward things they don't show obvious short term progress as you have seen. In order to see progress on your stomach you will need to carry out a proper cutting phase. It is near impossible to build visual abs and lose fat the same time as they will require you to be low bf% which recomps generally don't succeed in unless you start lean.

Not to say you should start one as building muscle is the harder part. So if you are successfully building muscle and losing fat just carry on until that stalls completely no matter how you progress at the gym (increases in strength and total volume) then you need to pick a goal and if leanness is the goal then cutting is required.

If you are losing weight and getting stronger then that is a good sign just keep progressing and see how you far for the next couple months, if the weight still drops and strength keeps progressing then a successful recomp is likely. If it stops then half the progression (weight intensity) and increase caloric deficit and try and push more for fat lose and muscle retention instead of growth. However it is likely you will get close to 15% without having to drop caloric level to extreme so keep progress as much as possible.

Nykk2077 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    170 cm
    73 kg. Should be ca. 18% BF.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Nykk2077 View Post
    170 cm
    73 kg. Should be ca. 18% BF.
    Yep 18-19% would have been my guess.

Registered User birdoandratchet's Avatar
    birdoandratchet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pics on my profile, M18/6'2"/179lbs

Yep 18-19% would have been my guess.
    thanks! would you say I'm skinny fat or what?
    Last edited by Nykk2077; 10-28-2019 at 04:18 AM.

danny287 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

@hardyboysare, some advice on what I should do?

https ://imgur.com/a/VA6WWto

This is where I currently stand. I dont have a lot of muscle mass so Im not sure if I should continue cutting for long, even though I still have a considerable amount of fat. What would be ideal in my situation?
    5’8 168

Originally Posted by birdoandratchet View Post
    Pics on my profile, M18/6'2"/179lbs
    Around 16%

thanks! would you say I'm skinny fat or what?
    No as you have a V shape which most individuals who are 'undertrained' dont have one. And also your core is noticeable at a higher bf%. You just need to cut some fat to look a little bit leaner. An individual who is 'skinny fat' isn't usually advised to cut they are advised to workout.

Originally Posted by danny287 View Post
    https ://imgur.com/a/VA6WWto

This is where I currently stand. I dont have a lot of muscle mass so Im not sure if I should continue cutting for long, even though I still have a considerable amount of fat. What would be ideal in my situation?
    5’8 168
    You don't have considerable amount of fat you actually look pretty lean IMO.

Bulking would be my advice at a rate of around 2lbs a month and then cutting again in around 6 months (if weight gain is controlled which is key)

Bf% - 16%

Around 16%

No as you have a V shape which most individuals who are 'undertrained' dont have one. And also your core is noticeable at a higher bf%. You just need to cut some fat to look a little bit leaner. An individual who is 'skinny fat' isn't usually advised to cut they are advised to workout.

You don't have considerable amount of fat you actually look pretty lean IMO.

Bulking would be my advice at a rate of around 2lbs a month and then cutting again in around 6 months (if weight gain is controlled which is key)

Bf% - 16%

I like to think Im pretty lean, at least in the mornings before I eat or drink anything but typically in the middle of the day I’ll look like this https ://imgur.com/a/iKzJXTq and it makes me think another 5-10 lbs fat loss wouldnt be terrible

Originally Posted by danny287 View Post
    I like to think Im pretty lean, at least in the mornings before I eat or drink anything but typically in the middle of the day I’ll look like this https ://imgur.com/a/iKzJXTq and it makes me think another 5-10 lbs fat loss wouldnt be terrible
    Its your choice at the end of the day either way won't kill you and is not extreme in leanness to cause muscle lose. But I can ensure you even in your middle day pic you still look leaner then most individuals. Everyone looks puffier by the end of the day (ok most who eat normally) as they have more food in their system and extra water weight.

By the end of the day most of my six pack is gone even when I am at my leanest it just happen when you eat more.

Like I said though choice is your just don't try and aim to have ripped abs or anything like that yet as cutting that low will cause you to look small. If you want more core definition fine but not too much or diminished returns will occur.

Its your choice at the end of the day either way won't kill you and is not extreme in leanness to cause muscle lose. But I can ensure you even in your middle day pic you still look leaner then most individuals. Everyone looks puffier by the end of the day (ok most who eat normally) as they have more food in their system and extra water weight.

By the end of the day most of my six pack is gone even when I am at my leanest it just happen when you eat more.

Like I said though choice is your just don't try and aim to have ripped abs or anything like that yet as cutting that low will cause you to look small. If you want more core definition fine but not too much or diminished returns will occur.
    Thank you. Gonna go two more weeks and then follow your 2 pound a month advice. You are a big help man.

TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Recomps are hard as discussed before and at a point it may be prudent to tackle one goal head on. As your goal is purely aesthetics sometimes allowing strength to take a hit in order to cut to the leanness you want maybe acceptable. I know when I cut I barely add any muscle I just except that as my strength plummets when I am deep in especially squats.

You will need to do both at some point (build muscle or cut fat) so if you feel you are not making enough success on a recomp at the speed you like. Recomps can take years one of the problems with them is short term goals are very difficult to see however long term goals are believed to be similar to bulking/ cutting cycles (science yet has proven different current study being conducted but results will most likely not be out until 2021).

Therefore you will consider if you are happy with your progress if not then pick one goal losing fat or building muscle. If you are happy run with the calories you have stated and progress as much as possible but even then you will stall at some point as extra calories are required to stimulate progress. If you want to instead focus on a single target then either drop or increase calories depending what/ if you choice. The training program may need to change slightly if you choose one target but that isn't essential.
    Thank you hardyboysare!! Like the other user said, you are so much help!!!!!

At my current position (pics in body space), 5ft 8inches and 168lbs, would you recommend against maintaining/recomping?

How bad would it be if I go into a slight surplus?

- goal is to be 13 to 14% bodyfat and look muscular and be 185lbs
    - I am ok with current level of fat. Would perfer not to get fatter.
    - I do not want to look any skinnier either
    - I want to maximize my muscle gains and not be too skinny

With this goal in mind, what should I do?

I am following ICF 5x5 and making progress on my lifts.

I am currently trying recomp. Feels like body has not changed Visually for last Couple months (definitely strength has increased). eating between 2300 and 2500 calories a day (depending on hunger - but minimum 2300 calories if I’m not very hungry). 1g per lb of body weight protien most days (95% - else at least 0.8g / lb body weight)
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**

Around 16%

thanks again. Would you recommend me to cut to 12% or is it too much/unrealistic? How long/how many kgs would that take? between 7 and 9?

orus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) orus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) orus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) orus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) orus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) orus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) orus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) orus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) orus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) orus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    26 yo. 177cm My body fat calculating scale says that:
    105.6 kg
    24.6% bodyfat
    40% muscle mass

https://ibb.co/0YkLwNC
    https://ibb.co/wW2wbX7

Swolel0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 193
    Pics in my Bodyspace.
    I actually already know my body percentage but I was wondering if I should start cutting and end the bulk? I've acquired quite the muscle mass and im storing a lot of fat on my face (somewhat chubby) and a decent amount in my stomach. Opinions?

thanks again. Would you recommend me to cut to 12% or is it too much/unrealistic? How long/how many kgs would that take? between 7 and 9?
    Cutting to 12% is clearly possible. I would say around the 7kg bracket would get you close but that does depending on water weight loss.

Originally Posted by orus View Post
    26 yo. 177cm My body fat calculating scale says that:
    105.6 kg
    24.6% bodyfat
    40% muscle mass

https://ibb.co/0YkLwNC
    https://ibb.co/wW2wbX7
    I put you a touch higher at around 28%.

Originally Posted by Swolel0 View Post
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 193
    Pics in my Bodyspace.
    I actually already know my body percentage but I was wondering if I should start cutting and end the bulk? I've acquired quite the muscle mass and im storing a lot of fat on my face (somewhat chubby) and a decent amount in my stomach. Opinions?
    See my reply on your other post for info I am also sure other will reply as well

Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Thank you hardyboysare!! Like the other user said, you are so much help!!!!!

At my current position (pics in body space), 5ft 8inches and 168lbs, would you recommend against maintaining/recomping?

How bad would it be if I go into a slight surplus?

- goal is to be 13 to 14% bodyfat and look muscular and be 185lbs
    - I am ok with current level of fat. Would perfer not to get fatter.
    - I do not want to look any skinnier either
    - I want to maximize my muscle gains and not be too skinny

With this goal in mind, what should I do?

I am following ICF 5x5 and making progress on my lifts.

I am currently trying recomp. Feels like body has not changed Visually for last Couple months (definitely strength has increased). eating between 2300 and 2500 calories a day (depending on hunger - but minimum 2300 calories if I’m not very hungry). 1g per lb of body weight protien most days (95% - else at least 0.8g / lb body weight)
    I think it time you try to pick one goal you have made progress on a recomp as noticeable on your pics but I think results will be quicker if you choose one goal now.

I think you could get away with a bulk for a bit. You know your maintenance as you are not gaining or losing weight so you can easily control your weight increase as long as you have the self-control.

Therefore if you think bulking would be acceptable then try it for 4 months and review progress. Aim to add around 2lbs a month this will equate to around 300 calories surplus. Building muscle is the longer process so no harm in bulking up to around 180lbs then cutting down.

You will need to do both anyway so might as get a head start on the muscle front before aiming to leaner so you have more to reveal. You will need to controlled on the caloric surplus though to ensure fat gains are at an absolute minimum.

TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think it time you try to pick one goal you have made progress on a recomp as noticeable on your pics but I think results will be quicker if you choose one goal now.

I think you could get away with a bulk for a bit. You know your maintenance as you are not gaining or losing weight so you can easily control your weight increase as long as you have the self-control.

Therefore if you think bulking would be acceptable then try it for 4 months and review progress. Aim to add around 2lbs a month this will equate to around 300 calories surplus. Building muscle is the longer process so no harm in bulking up to around 180lbs then cutting down.

You will need to do both anyway so might as get a head start on the muscle front before aiming to leaner so you have more to reveal. You will need to controlled on the caloric surplus though to ensure fat gains are at an absolute minimum.
    I’m scared to go into a surplus coming from 195lbs but I am going to do it since I do not want to get any skinnier.

Mental note: If I start feeling too fat in a month or so (lol) I will stop the surplus and cut hard to 16% or 17% before next surplus.

Thanks hardyboysare!!

I will report back every so often as an info for other users
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**

Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Height: 163cm
    Weight: 50kg
    Female
    33 yo

Currently on 1600calories, working out 4 days/week (strong curves programme + additional compound exercises like assisted pull up, weighted lunges, barbell squats etc.)

Carry most of my fat in bell and seems difficult to get rid of it easily.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Frenchfries1 View Post
    Female
    33 yo

Currently on 1600calories, working out 4 days/week (strong curves programme + additional compound exercises like assisted pull up, weighted lunges, barbell squats etc.)

Around 22-23%

Are you losing weight on your current caloric level.

Generally the waist is one of the last places to lose fat so just keep going. I would say your posture isn't great in the second pic which will add more size visually then you really have.

retrej is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Female
    33 yo

I'd guess a bit over 20%.

Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frenchfries1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Around 22-23%

Are you losing weight on your current caloric level.

Generally the waist is one of the last places to lose fat so just keep going. I would say your posture isn't great in the second pic which will add more size visually then you really have.
    Thanks, my start weight is 50kg and I started weightlifting only recently, a bit more than a month now. I used to eat circa 1400 to 1600 calories, but found that I was feeling really weak and dizzy with only 1400.
    I have not put on any weight at 1600, so will continue this way.

Trying to work on that posture!

thejinkazama is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello, I'm 5"9 and weigh 148 pounds. These two pics were taken seconds apart but in different lighting.

Thanks

ibb.co/r3L2QHL
    ibb.co/0mQQzQw

Thanks, my start weight is 50kg and I started weightlifting only recently, a bit more than a month now. I used to eat circa 1400 to 1600 calories, but found that I was feeling really weak and dizzy with only 1400.
    I have not put on any weight at 1600, so will continue this way.

Trying to work on that posture!
    You don't need to go as low as 1400 that is too low and will impact on your performance. Do you have a goal weight in consideration? or are you running a recomp as if you have only started weight training recently it maybe possible to lose fat and build muscle at the same time. You look fine so the choice of what you do is up to you.

orkmd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Originally Posted by thejinkazama View Post
    Hello, I'm 5"9 and weigh 148 pounds. These two pics were taken seconds apart but in different lighting.

Thanks

ibb.co/r3L2QHL
    ibb.co/0mQQzQw
    Around 15-16%

Originally Posted by orkmd View Post
    Hi guys, any ideas?
    Around 11-12%