Page 153 of 329 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 9848
    deniszb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hello lads,
    can you please estimate my current body fat? pics in the bodyspace.
    Any thoughts/advice are welcome
    Height 5-9'' / 176 cm, two months cutting
    Last edited by deniszb; 11-01-2018 at 03:08 PM.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deniszb View Post
    hello lads,
    can you please estimate my current body fat? pics in the bodyspace.
    Any thoughts/advice are welcome
    Height 5-9'' / 176 cm, two months cutting
    About 14-15% the abs/ core is starting to show and only really some fat on your waist. Solid muscle mass.

Gator1212 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looking for an estimate, I’m 5’11.75” and currently weigh 165.
    Pics in body space due to post count
    Last edited by Gator1212; 11-02-2018 at 06:04 AM.

tevlos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    Best idea is to post a pic to get a better idea of your current level. However your BMI is just in the healthy range but quite low. So my guess would be that you don't have the lean mass to support a low bf% therefore should lean bulk. Post a pic for more info (either as a link or on your bodyspace).
    Posted on my profile. Now I am leaning towards 13% maybe...
    This was taken when My stomach is more flat in the morning before meal, so yeah. I am new to lifting so I am not sure if I should be bulking an insane amount, I already have such a low BF. Like can I get abs the way I am? - they don't really show at my low BF%, but after I did my routine the other day they were visible. If not I am willing to bulk but I want to do it at a slight/moderate amount so as not to gain too much BF.

Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I want to finish up my cut and start bulking but would appreciate a BF% estimate to know how much longer i should cut. I'm 5'10 at 150 pounds and a 30 inch waist.
    Attached Images

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tevlos View Post
    Posted on my profile. Now I am leaning towards 13% maybe...
    This was taken when My stomach is more flat in the morning before meal, so yeah. I am new to lifting so I am not sure if I should be bulking an insane amount, I already have such a low BF. Like can I get abs the way I am? - they don't really show at my low BF%, but after I did my routine the other day they were visible. If not I am willing to bulk but I want to do it at a slight/moderate amount so as not to gain too much BF.
    IMHO no-one should really insane bulk (as in eat limitless calories) the science really doesn't seem to support the idea your body can only build muscle at a certain speed so overeating is not going to get you there quicker (although eating enough calories is also important). I agree 13% is a very good shout maybe a touch lower due to you low lbm. You are in a perfect place to start a lean bulk (200-400 calories more then your maintenance). As for abs they can be stubborn things yes you could get abs showing at probably 8-9% bf but you would look so skinny you would more then likely be anorexic so basically don't do this. If you gain 1-2lbs of weight per month on a lean bulk a good portion will be lbm (remember though you will add fat no matter what but don't be concerned you can lose this quickly later, making muscle is a lot harder then cutting fat).

As you can see your abs after exercise this tells me you just have to increase your core size through a lean bulk and a solid weight training program (see stickies if you don't have one). Therefore my overall advice is work out your TDEE (google if unknown) try the calories it recommends as maintenance and if after two weeks no weight gain increase by 200-300. If weight increase beyond 5lbs after 2 months then drop calories by 100-200 (usually the first month of any bulk will increase water and glycogen weight especially if you have been in a calorie deficit beforehand, so take the first few weeks/ month not very seriously unless its a massive gain like 6lbs+ in one month)

Originally Posted by Tierjunge View Post
    I want to finish up my cut and start bulking but would appreciate a BF% estimate to know how much longer i should cut. I'm 5'10 at 150 pounds and a 30 inch waist.
    Around 12%. You have very strong oblique shape. Well you can start when you are happy really. If you cut further you may achieve a visible 6 pack maybe at 9% body fat. Although I suggest lean bulking now and building up the core more this will probably aid in allowing more visibility of your core structure. Going too low in body fat doesn't really aid the overall image of the physique if you don't have the lbm to support the look and may actual cause more muscle less then if expected just to achieve abs.

Originally Posted by Gator1212 View Post
    Looking for an estimate, I’m 5’11.75” and currently weigh 165.
    Pics in body space due to post count
    I have you around 18% bf give or take a percent.

tevlos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IMHO no-one should really insane bulk (as in eat limitless calories) the science really doesn't seem to support the idea your body can only build muscle at a certain speed so overeating is not going to get you there quicker (although eating enough calories is also important). I agree 13% is a very good shout maybe a touch lower due to you low lbm. You are in a perfect place to start a lean bulk (200-400 calories more then your maintenance). As for abs they can be stubborn things yes you could get abs showing at probably 8-9% bf but you would look so skinny you would more then likely be anorexic so basically don't do this. If you gain 1-2lbs of weight per month on a lean bulk a good portion will be lbm (remember though you will add fat no matter what but don't be concerned you can lose this quickly later, making muscle is a lot harder then cutting fat).

As you can see your abs after exercise this tells me you just have to increase your core size through a lean bulk and a solid weight training program (see stickies if you don't have one). Therefore my overall advice is work out your TDEE (google if unknown) try the calories it recommends as maintenance and if after two weeks no weight gain increase by 200-300. If weight increase beyond 5lbs after 2 months then drop calories by 100-200 (usually the first month of any bulk will increase water and glycogen weight especially if you have been in a calorie deficit beforehand, so take the first few weeks/ month not very seriously unless its a massive gain like 6lbs+ in one month)

Around 12%. You have very strong oblique shape. Well you can start when you are happy really. If you cut further you may achieve a visible 6 pack maybe at 9% body fat. Although I suggest lean bulking now and building up the core more this will probably aid in allowing more visibility of your core structure. Going too low in body fat doesn't really aid the overall image of the physique if you don't have the lbm to support the look and may actual cause more muscle less then if expected just to achieve abs.

I have you around 18% bf give or take a percent.
    Thank you dude. As far as lean bulking, am I good with eating most foods? I am cutting out most processed foods, chips, snacks, sweets... But can I still eat a big greasy hamburger and fries? Or is that considered dirty bulking?

TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxMRF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fierce 5 U/L Workout Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173977781&p=1493098341#post1493098341

Please leave comments/feedback.

Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tierjunge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Around 12%. You have very strong oblique shape. Well you can start when you are happy really. If you cut further you may achieve a visible 6 pack maybe at 9% body fat. Although I suggest lean bulking now and building up the core more this will probably aid in allowing more visibility of your core structure. Going too low in body fat doesn't really aid the overall image of the physique if you don't have the lbm to support the look and may actual cause more muscle less then if expected just to achieve a low bodyfat
    okey thanks I agree I don't really have the lbm to support cutting to 9% I actually came from a bad bulk where went upto 21% bodyfat at 185lbs and not much muscle so I wanted to cut down to my abs to "reset" and then do a proper bulk but i guess i could bulk now and not let my bf run away again

Originally Posted by tevlos View Post
    Thank you dude. As far as lean bulking, am I good with eating most foods? I am cutting out most processed foods, chips, snacks, sweets... But can I still eat a big greasy hamburger and fries? Or is that considered dirty bulking?
    Even on a cut you can eat what you like as long as you hit your macros (protein 0.7 per lb of bw and fat 0.4 per lb of bw) and stay within your calorie amount. I eat ice cream and burgers during my cuts and caused no harm at all still lost 22 lbs last cut. Dirty bulk is about too many calories not the kind of foods you eat. Eat what you like as long as you hit your macros and in your calorie amount.
    The only benefit so called 'healthy/ clean/ and other word for low calorie food' is that you can eat more of it whilst in your calorie amount, yes a range of fibre, veg and fruit are important for heath benefits and definitely should be incorporated in your diet but not necessary for weight lose/ gain.

So the short answer yes they are perfectly fine just stay within your calorie amount and ensure you have enough energy to work out hard with a progressive proven weight training program.

okey thanks I agree I don't really have the lbm to support cutting to 9% I actually came from a bad bulk where went upto 21% bodyfat at 185lbs and not much muscle so I wanted to cut down to my abs to "reset" and then do a proper bulk but i guess i could bulk now and not let my bf run away again
    IMHO you have a good base for a very strong physique. Yes you can't see abs unflexed but that usually is only possible for people with higher lbm in the core and very low body fat (below 10%), as for you, you have the leanness to really maximize your muscle amount and then possible next cut go down to abs I think this would be the best option. Keep calories to about 200-400 more then maintenance aiming for 1-2lb per month whilst increasing strength/ volume (preferably both) and you will be good to go.

Originally Posted by TxMRF View Post
    I have you around 17-maybe 18%

IMHO you have a good base for a very strong physique. Yes you can't see abs unflexed but that usually is only possible for people with higher lbm in the core and very low body fat (below 10%), as for you, you have the leanness to really maximize your muscle amount and then possible next cut go down to abs I think this would be the best option. Keep calories to about 200-400 more then maintenance aiming for 1-2lb per month whilst increasing strength/ volume (preferably both) and you will be good to go.
    When would you recommend ending a bulk?

When would you recommend ending a bulk?
    That is usually down to personal preference to a point where your physique is no longer defined enough for your liking, some people like to go to higher bf and try and maximize muscle mass at around 20% and look bulky (muscle + fat does make you look bigger in a shirt and can/ does suit some people especially with strength in mind). Although according to a few well renowned fitness thinkers they suggest to go to about 15% bf (if low on lbm aim a tad higher gives you a longer time to focus on strength and muscle development) then start a cut (if aesthetics is your goal). No set way is really right its down to how long you want to cut for, higher the bf% then longer your next cut will be. I generally like the idea of cutting to 10-12% then bulk to about 15-17% but take my bulks slowly aiming for maximum amount of lbm development.

Originally Posted by ImDanny View Post
    Hi I’d like to ask you what do you think my bf % is. I’m 20yo, 174 cm/5’8.5 and 69kg/152lbs. In past 2 years I lost around 18kg/40lbs but for me it still looks and feels like I have to much fat mass.
    Can’t post links so check out 5 newest photos in my profile.
    Thanks in advance.
    OK to start off I have you at about 13% as you can see your top 4 abs quite well and you seem lean with only fat around your lower waist (the usual storage spot for men). The progress you have made is clearly visible so well done. As for too much fat... not even close. Getting below 10% for abs (which you would probably need to do) would not really aid in your physical aesthetics you would be too skinny (that is of course if its your goal). A lean bulk would serve best with a proven training program (see stickies).

ImDanny is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you for your opinion and suggestions.

kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Stats:
    Height: 178cm/5’10
    Current weight: 72.5kg/160lbs

Relaxed:
    https://m.imgur.com/cfW61Rc

Flexed:
    https://m.imgur.com/FMNr6yX

Originally Posted by kauseemcee View Post
    Stats:
    Height: 178cm/5’10
    Current weight: 72.5kg/160lbs

Relaxed:
    https://m.imgur.com/cfW61Rc

Flexed:
    https://m.imgur.com/FMNr6yX
    About 13% may be a tad lower. You have strong Adonis belt and whilst flexed you have noticeable veins on your lower ab area. Good muscle mass as well.

kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    About 13% may be a tad lower. You have strong Adonis belt and whilst flexed you have noticeable veins on your lower ab area. Good muscle mass as well.
    Really? I’ve been assuming around 16-18%. My scale says about 18-19% but I know that they can be wrong. I guess I am ready for a lean bulk after all. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

Josh100x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josh100x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting Progress?

I definitely need a bulk, but I want to cut first because I've put on fat way too easily lately and would rather do a fast cut and then do a slow lean bulk.

First photo is 30 days ago, second is progress so far (3rd is side view). I'm eating 1800 kcal per day right now (5'9" 157) - not sure if that is the correct daily intake or not.

I would like to cut to 10% and have good abs, but might become too skeleton for that right now. So, maybe I'll stop at 12% before bulking.

What's my body fat % right now in the second photo?

Thanks
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Josh100x; 11-05-2018 at 04:00 AM.

Originally Posted by Josh100x View Post
    I definitely need a bulk, but I want to cut first because I've put on fat way too easily lately and would rather do a fast cut and then do a slow lean bulk.

First photo is 30 days ago, second is progress so far (3rd is side view). I'm eating 1800 kcal per day right now (5'9" 157) - not sure if that is the correct daily intake or not.

I would like to cut to 10% and have good abs, but might become too skeleton for that right now. So, maybe I'll stop at 12% before bulking.

Thanks
    Well done first off you see a massive difference between pic 1 and pic 2/3. I have you around 16% maybe a percent lower due to the fact you do have a modest amount of lbm. Wouldn't personally go for 10% it can become very timely getting there and you will look very skinny aim more for your main core structure being more visible (around 12-13% maybe see top 2/4 abs) then think lean bulk.

Josh100x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josh100x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well done first off you see a massive difference between pic 1 and pic 2/3. I have you around 16% maybe a percent lower due to the fact you do have a modest amount of lbm. Wouldn't personally go for 10% it can become very timely getting there and you will look very skinny aim more for your main core structure being more visible (around 12-13% maybe see top 2/4 abs) then think lean bulk.
    Awesome thanks. I just want to see my abs for the first time lol. I got my obliques visible in college, but that was it. I think I'll stop once I can see my abs, probably at 12% like you said and then start a lean bulk.

BoBSMVW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoBSMVW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoBSMVW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoBSMVW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoBSMVW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoBSMVW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoBSMVW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoBSMVW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoBSMVW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoBSMVW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoBSMVW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    20 years 5 9
    182 lbs
    I would guess around 20 ish. Pics in body space one flexed and one relaxed.
    Would be able to look decent if I cut?
    Last edited by BoBSMVW; 11-06-2018 at 09:43 AM.

devinl320 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devinl320 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devinl320 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devinl320 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devinl320 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devinl320 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devinl320 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devinl320 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devinl320 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devinl320 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devinl320 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Body Fat% Help

Stats: 6'3, 166lbs

The only picture on my gallery page is the most recent

Would really appreciate any estimate, thank you.

Originally Posted by BoBSMVW View Post
    20 years 5 9
    182 lbs
    I would guess around 20 ish. Pics in body space one flexed and one relaxed.
    Would be able to look decent if I cut?
    I have you a tad lower then 20% as usually no core is really visible and more of a bulked look is present on higher lbm individuals when around 20%. So around 17% maybe a tad lower as you have the clear core outline as well as a start of a Adonis belt. As for doing a cut you are fine take it slowly to preserve your muscle amount.

Originally Posted by devinl320 View Post
    Stats: 6'3, 166lbs

The only picture on my gallery page is the most recent

Would really appreciate any estimate, thank you.
    I say 10-11% about. Will be close to that range especially when looking at your weight.
    Last edited by hardyboysare; 11-06-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks
    Follow up - I just want to "see" my abs before bulking which I think will be around 12% BF. I've tried to use calorie calculators, but estimates are all over the map - I've been at roughly 1700-1800 kcal per day for my cut.

How long should I expect it to take? Keep current deficit or go lower? I'm not worried about losing too much lbm as I don't have too much to lose, just want to get it done faster and then start slow lean bulking.

yonsandaime is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Attached Images

adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Any difference in my one month photos?

I really can't see much of a difference in 30 day pics. My strength is the same on bench. My weight is down from 188 lbs on Oct 9 to 182 lbs on Nov 7. Attached is two photos. One from Oct 9 and the recent one is Oct 7. Diet last four week average is 1848 calories per week. Protein about 170 grams average daily. Fat about 90 grams per day average.

I have umbilical hernia surgery on 11-9-2018. Should I continue the calorie deficit while recovering or bump it to maintainance? I feel like I am not getting where I want to be this last month. Attached are two pics from Oct 9 and current one 11-7. Any input will be appreciated. thanks.
    Attached Images

Follow up - I just want to "see" my abs before bulking which I think will be around 12% BF. I've tried to use calorie calculators, but estimates are all over the map - I've been at roughly 1700-1800 kcal per day for my cut.

How long should I expect it to take? Keep current deficit or go lower? I'm not worried about losing too much lbm as I don't have too much to lose, just want to get it done faster and then start slow lean bulking.
    It is suggested that you try and lose between 1-2lb of weight per week this maintain muscles and is generally best health wise for anyone who isn't overweight which you clearly aren't. I know you aren't concerned with losing lbm but remember it takes about 4x longer (if not longer) to build muscle then lose fat and it gets slower building muscle as you progress, so keeping as much as possible is the best course.

If you are losing 1-2lbs a week then I would keep going on your deficit (remember weight lose is not linear and you may not drop for two weeks then drop 3lbs). If you aren't losing at about 1lb a week minimum then dropping calories a bit might help and increasing exercise. As for how long its really hard to tell as losing fat of the belly on men is generally the last thing, I would say maybe two months is a safe bet (as some days/ weeks you are likely to over count calories or under exercise everyone does to some degree), although you can't really put a time frame on these kinds of things as you could have a stronger or weaker core so being able to see the muscle varies a lot.

Originally Posted by yonsandaime View Post
    Around 22% I would think.

Originally Posted by adimeco View Post
    I really can't see much of a difference in 30 day pics. My strength is the same on bench. My weight is down from 188 lbs on Oct 9 to 182 lbs on Nov 7. Attached is two photos. One from Oct 9 and the recent one is Oct 7. Diet last four week average is 1848 calories per week. Protein about 170 grams average daily. Fat about 90 grams per day average.

I have umbilical hernia surgery on 11-9-2018. Should I continue the calorie deficit while recovering or bump it to maintainance? I feel like I am not getting where I want to be this last month. Attached are two pics from Oct 9 and current one 11-7. Any input will be appreciated. thanks.
    First off well done on the weight lose any weight lose is an improvement. As for the picture difference I see a significant change first of the most noticeable change is your stomach it seems a lot flatter as well as this your chest seems a lot more defined, so yes a clear improvement.

I believe this choice is down to you really, you could lose weight and aim for more defined stomach (obviously not sure how your op may effect your abdominal though) you have a strong core so you could aim for this. However as you are expecting to have surgery I would maintain for now have the OP and then recover, yes you may add a little bit of fat as you probably will be more stationary then usual but you have a great amount lbm so you should be fine. Good work.

Page 153 of 329 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast