Thread: Fasted workouts

Dgordon92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dgordon92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Fasted workouts

Is it a bad idea to do a light cardio after lifting weights during ur fasted period? I like to lift weights fasted and eat right after but I was interested in doing maybe a light jog/ walk immediately after lifting and I tried googling some answers but it's all over the place so what are some opinion?

pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There isn't any benefit to training fasted. Do what makes you comfortable.
    Twitter: @pmward70
    Instagram: @pmward70

S225kg/B147.5kg/D252.5kg @ 107.8kg
    S496lb/B325lb/D557lb @ 237.7lb

Dgordon92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dgordon92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm more worried about if there is negatives. I always did my main workout fasted and have been fine but was wondering about the cardio afterwards

cilynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) cilynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) cilynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) cilynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) cilynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) cilynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) cilynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) cilynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) cilynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) cilynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) cilynn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dgordon92 View Post
    Is it a bad idea to do a light cardio after lifting weights during ur fasted period? I like to lift weights fasted and eat right after but I was interested in doing maybe a light jog/ walk immediately after lifting and I tried googling some answers but it's all over the place so what are some opinion?
    IMO it depends on your goals.
    If you're already lean but looking to lose the last bits of body fat, fasted cardio is a good option. Personally, I would do some fasted LISS, have some carbs, do your weight training routine, and then have some protein.

But, if you have more body fat to lose, I would have to say that fasted cardio can wait until you've tried other options for fat loss - making sure your diet and macros are on point, eating consistently, training hard and staying focused. If you use all the tricks in the book right off the bat, your body is going to adjust to this level of intensity and it'll be even more difficult to lose body fat as you get even leaner.

If fat loss isn't a priority for you right now, though, I would suggest skipping fasted workouts and just do what's easiest for your schedule.
    I hope this is helpful for you!

Registered User markgeorgeevans's Avatar
    markgeorgeevans will become famous soon enough. (+50) markgeorgeevans will become famous soon enough. (+50) markgeorgeevans will become famous soon enough. (+50) markgeorgeevans will become famous soon enough. (+50) markgeorgeevans will become famous soon enough. (+50) markgeorgeevans will become famous soon enough. (+50) markgeorgeevans will become famous soon enough. (+50) markgeorgeevans will become famous soon enough. (+50) markgeorgeevans will become famous soon enough. (+50) markgeorgeevans will become famous soon enough. (+50) markgeorgeevans will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dgordon92 View Post
    I'm more worried about if there is negatives. I always did my main workout fasted and have been fine but was wondering about the cardio afterwards
    I WOULDN'T do your workouts fasted. You need calories to burn to put on muscle and lose fat. If you starve yourself your body will more likely want to hold onto the fat for survival. Do your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and your workouts at night. You should do your workouts and cardio on separate days too. This is better for muscle growth.

Good luck!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It probably won't hurt unless you are dieting hard. Your body easily has enough stored energy and amino acids to cope.

You could eat then go for a walk - I find this helps with blood sugar regulation and stops the post eating feeling of drowsiness.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cilynn View Post
    IMO it depends on your goals.
    So true.

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pmw961 View Post
    There isn't any benefit to training fasted. Do what makes you comfortable.
    Lyle McDonald argues that fasted cardio, specifically HIIT combined with LISS, can help mobilize and oxidize stubborn fat deposits in individuals below 15%.

But generally, I think the vast majority of people will be able to achieve their goals without it.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dont eat but have BCAA's during your cardio session.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Dorich View Post
    Lyle McDonald argues that fasted cardio, specifically HIIT combined with LISS, can help mobilize and oxidize stubborn fat deposits in individuals below 15%.

But generally, I think the vast majority of people will be able to achieve their goals without it.
    I've read his stubborn fat protocol. He's a smart guy but that's still basically just a theory on his part. Plenty of people have gotten contest lean without those kinds of tactics.