GamerKT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GamerKT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GamerKT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GamerKT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GamerKT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GamerKT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GamerKT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GamerKT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GamerKT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GamerKT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GamerKT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do I handle clients while transitioning gyms?

I might start working at a new gym soon, so how does it work with the clients at my current gym? Some of them have sessions far in advance, so I can't really give just a two weeks notice because they wouldn't get refunds; I have to finish with them. Are new gyms accommodating in terms of transitioning? Would they wait for me to finish with current clients or what?

whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    [QUOTE=GamerKT;1487974941]I might start working at a new gym soon, so how does it work with the clients at my current gym? Some of them have sessions far in advance, so I can't really give just a two weeks notice because they wouldn't get refunds; I have to finish with them. Are new gyms accommodating in terms of transitioning? Would they wait for me to finish with current clients or what?[/QUOTE

whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000) whatwhat11 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by GamerKT View Post
    I might start working at a new gym soon, so how does it work with the clients at my current gym? Some of them have sessions far in advance, so I can't really give just a two weeks notice because they wouldn't get refunds; I have to finish with them. Are new gyms accommodating in terms of transitioning? Would they wait for me to finish with current clients or what?
    idk not a trainer

Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You need to talk to your new gym, your old gym and your clients. First tell your clients you will be moving gyms. Some might actually choose to follow you. Don't recruit them, but do let them know that you'd be happy to work with them if they decide to move gyms. For the ones who don't want to move, offer to finish up their sessions with them in a designated time period. (2 weeks-1 month) If they don't want that, offer to set them up with another trainer who they will be compatible with. Perhaps do a "transition" session with each client and their new trainer so they feel comfortable and so the new trainer is aware of what they are working on.

Set up a final day with your old gym and let the new gym know that date. Considering you'd be waiting to move out of respect for your clients, I'd be surprised if the new gym isn't okay with it. You want to be courteous through out the whole process. I feel like the fitness industry is fairly intertwined, and you don't want to piss someone off who you might need later down the road.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GamerKT View Post
    Communication. Talk to them. Ask them what they would do. There is no point (or value) in guessing.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.