Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello, my first post.

HardGains88 has sold me on the movable arm units. Although, even used the Paramount is high right now. Has anyone tried out the Muscle D Fitness multi functional trainer? Should I take out a loan on it, or buy the Paramount PFT 200? My concern with the Paramount is the 160 pound weight stacks, and the adds say it has 16 gauge construction. Is there any way a guy could add more weight? And is it sturdy enough to handle more weight?

The Muscle D has the movable arms and 220 pound stacks with an 11 gauge steel frame.

Just to make sure. I have a 10 foot ceiling in my garage. I assume the Paramount's movable arms will clear on the highest setting?

If I don't buy the Paramount or Muscle D, the Rep FT-5000 or the Body Solid GDCC200 with 310 pound stacks is my next choice.

And if there is a new FT with movable arms that is less than 3K coming soon, someone please let me know. I bought a nice Vulcan power rack back in late August. Rep came out with their PR-5000 V2 days after I bought mine and it just edges over my rack in quality and has the lat tower option.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ILikeGals View Post
    Hello, my first post.

HardGains88 has sold me on the movable arm units. Although, even used the Paramount is high right now. Has anyone tried out the Muscle D Fitness multi functional trainer? Should I take out a loan on it, or buy the Paramount PFT 200? My concern with the Paramount is the 160 pound weight stacks, and the adds say it has

16 gauge construction. Is there any way a guy could add more weight? And is it sturdy enough to handle more weight?

The Muscle D has the movable arms and 220 pound stacks with an 11 gauge steel frame.

Just to make sure. I have a 10 foot ceiling in my garage. I assume the Paramount's movable arms will clear on the highest setting?

If I don't buy the Paramount or Muscle D, the Rep FT-5000 or the Body Solid GDCC200 with 310 pound stacks is my next choice.

And if there is a new FT with movable arms that is less than 3K coming soon, someone please let me know. I bought a nice Vulcan power rack back in late August. Rep came out with their PR-5000 V2 days after I bought mine and it just edges over my rack in quality and has the lat tower option.
    The Paramount unit is well regarded, I know nothing about the Muscle D FT. The Paramount FT is full commercial quality and the 16 gauge only refers to the weight stack shrouds, I would imagine that the structural elements would be 11g or heavier.

I have the Cybex Bravo, I think the adjustments are a little more straight forward on the Bravo than the Paramount. The Bravo also has the built in support pad and this really adds to the functionality and versatility of the Bravo.

The Bravo has a 170 lb weight stack, about 88 lb of resistance at the attachment point, but for the kind of accessory work carried out on a FT I think it's sufficient for all but the strongest, in my view for lat pulldowns and seated rows the FT isn't really suitable.

I picked up my Bravo used, in mint condition for just under $3k, tall version with 2.1 pulley ratio, I prefer 2.1 to 4.1 ratio, if you look at the Bravo be careful, the 170 lb stack, with 4.1 ratio is only really suitable for rehab work.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hello, my first post.

HardGains88 has sold me on the movable arm units. Although, even used the Paramount is high right now. Has anyone tried out the Muscle D Fitness multi functional trainer? Should I take out a loan on it, or buy the Paramount PFT 200? My concern with the Paramount is the 160 pound weight stacks, and the adds say it has 16 gauge construction. Is there any way a guy could add more weight? And is it sturdy enough to handle more weight?

If moveable arms are not a must and getting one new now is more important than waiting for a deal on the used market, then check out the Inspire FT1. You can upgrade the stacks to 210-lb/ea also.

ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do want a unit with the movable arms. To have the versatility in one machine that can do wide for cable crossovers and narrow for press and extension movements is paramount. Pun intended. I just wish it had more weight on the stacks.

Since the Paramount is so well endorsed here, I'm going to go with it before it is no longer available. I'll check the used market for the Muscle D and the Cybex Bravo.

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For what it’s worth, this thread has inspired me to have a look at the FT1. I’ve been in the market for either a functional trainer or cable crossover to grow my gym (full rogue power rack and such already), and this seems like the best value for money I can find, at least on paper. Keeping in mind that I have fewer sourcing options here in Europe as well....

Anyway, will visit a shop this weekend. Thanks to the various posters who have over the years contributed to this thread.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

I have read only good things about the Inspire. I'm 6'2, so I fear the pulleys are too close for cable crossover movements for me.

The Paramount unit I was going to buy was sold, and the Muscle D unit is out of my financial reach. Does anyone here have experience with the Rep FT-5000? I read a garage-gyms.com review of the FT-5000 and it sounds like a nice unit. How far apart are the pulleys on this unit? Can a 6'2 guy do good flies and crossovers with this unit?

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have read only good things about the Inspire. I'm 6'2, so I fear the pulleys are too close for cable crossover movements for me.

The Paramount unit I was going to buy was sold, and the Muscle D unit is out of my financial reach. Does anyone here have experience with the Rep FT-5000? I read a garage-gyms.com review of the FT-5000 and it sounds like a nice unit. How far apart are the pulleys on this unit? Can a 6'2 guy do good flies and crossovers with this unit?

Sorry I no nothing about the Rep FT. FWIW, my view the Functional trainer and the Cable Crossover are difficult to compare, both have their strong points, I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

To replicate a true crossover movement then a dedicated CC unit or a dual adjustable pulley/FT hybrid, such as the Paramount or Prime units that have the ability to adjust to at least 6ft between the attachment pulleys is optimal.

The FT in my view is a little more versatile, whilst the single adjustable pulley on the CC and FT can be used independently, however the FT wins hands down if you take into consideration the variety of movements that utilise both arms simultaneously, about 4ft between the attachment pulleys offers enough room to perform cable fly's , but is close enough for bi-lateral pressing/pulling movements.

My buddy has the Inspire FT1, he's 6'5", by positioning correctly he can do chest flye's with no issues, he loves the FT1.

My advice, either try and pick up a used Cybex Bravo, for new take a look at the Inspire FT1.

Thanks Richard, I searched for the Bravo and I found one that had sold for 3K. The Paramount I had found was sold too for $2700.

The Rep FT-5000 is 72 wide, but that is overall width. I don't know how far apart the pulleys are. It sounds like it is built like a tank. It weighs just over 1000 pounds. It will also fit in a corner. For a none horizontal adjusting unit, it is what I'm most interested in.

I'm 38, don't know why the forum has my age wrong, and I'm almost blind due to retinitis pigmentosa. I use a screen reader to read and type. Can you take a look at the Muscle D Fitness multi functional trainer and let me know what you think about it? It is the only unit I find new for less than 5K with movable arms.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks Richard, I searched for the Bravo and I found one that had sold for 3K. The Paramount I had found was sold too for $2700.

The Rep FT-5000 is 72 wide, but that is overall width. I don't know how far apart the pulleys are. It sounds like it is built like a tank. It weighs just over 1000 pounds. It will also fit in a corner. For a none horizontal adjusting unit, it is what I'm most interested in.

I'm 38, don't know why the forum has my age wrong, and I'm almost blind due to retinitis pigmentosa. I use a screen reader to read and type. Can you take a look at the Muscle D Fitness multi functional trainer and let me know what you think about it? It is the only unit I find new for less than 5K with movable arms.
    Personally, I wouldn't invest thousands in either Rep or Muscle D unless you can try them first. There isn't enough information out there on them to buy based on how they look. It's too big of a chance to take - and generally I recommend Rep gear.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow interesting seeing this old thread dug up and of some help to others that are FT, or CC shopping...

Just to update this for the newer forum members on this thread, my choice was to go with the Inspire FT1 and I had since tried it numerous times at a local fitness store to attest to its quality and smoothness of its pulleys, guide rods, adjustments and compact style (also you can build it without bolting the pullup bar up top for more clearance for short ceilings).

That said, I landed up going with a custom plate loaded seated leverage row in 2018 along with all my primary basics covered years before going for that. If I have the funds, space and means to get one I would certainly go with the FT1 for my means of space, budget, variety of movements with it, etc...

As for a CC for my budget and if space would suffice I would go with the Powerline since it's cheaper for the limited movements on a cable crossover and its shorter height.

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have an Inspire FT2 and I love the thing..My 88" tall ceiling limited my choices and I liked the multiple pull points. Has a built in Smith machine but I don't use that a lot. Very smooth operation.

I keep Prime ROT8 handles on the top pullies and Trakfitness SPORT handles on the side pullies.

I would love to try a Cybex Bravo sometime as that looks like a great machine. Price is high but if you can find one used for a decent price,grab it

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    As for a CC for my budget and if space would suffice I would go with the Powerline since it's cheaper for the limited movements on a cable crossover and its shorter height.
    I'm in the market for a cable crossover or something to replicate it like the dual pulley towers that are all over now. My gym is very space-limited. Have you used the Powerline? Seems like the fixed high/low pulleys would be limiting, or at least more annoying to use than an adjustable unit. I think something like 2 Titan/Archon/Valor pulley towers spaced apart would work, but I'm not sure I want to be forced to have them fixed to a wall (which creates layout issues of its own).

On the face of it the Muscle D unit looks okay, but to me it's untried and there is a general lack of trusted reviews, IMO it's way too expensive to take a chance without trying the unit first.

I know a little about visual issues, I only have one working eye and I don't exactly have 20/20 vision in my good eye, I also work with visually impaired weightlifters, I've sent you a personal message.

If you don't enter your age when you first register, BB.com automatically reverts to a birth year of 1970.

Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    I'm in the market for a cable crossover or something to replicate it like the dual pulley towers that are all over now. My gym is very space-limited. Have you used the Powerline? Seems like the fixed high/low pulleys would be limiting, or at least more annoying to use than an adjustable unit. I think something like 2 Titan/Archon/Valor pulley towers spaced apart would work, but I'm not sure I want to be forced to have them fixed to a wall (which creates layout issues of its own).
    I used to have the Powerline CC, you're correct the lack of vertical adjustment isn't ideal, but if you only need top and bottom pulleys it works well.

The unit is pretty light weight and not the most stable, eventually I screwed the frame down to the floor.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    I used to have the Powerline CC, you're correct the lack of vertical adjustment isn't ideal, but if you only need top and bottom pulleys it works well.

The unit is pretty light weight and not the most stable, eventually I screwed the frame down to the floor.
    Did you anchor it to the floor because it was actually in danger of tipping, or more for peace of mind?

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was looking for a FT to buy, and I still may in the future. Lots going on now and didn't want to spend much so I picked up the power line CC to hold me over. But so far I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I like this unit. Sure it doesn't have adjustable arms- but still a bunch of stuff you can do on it. posted some pics recently on the discuss your gym thread.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    I was looking for a FT to buy, and I still may in the future. Lots going on now and didn't want to spend much so I picked up the power line CC to hold me over. But so far I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I like this unit. Sure it doesn't have adjustable arms- but still a bunch of stuff you can do on it. posted some pics recently on the discuss your gym thread.
    I don't have the space for a FT with adjustable arms nor the budget for a Cybex Bravo. I did find a nearly new Inspire FT1 with the upgraded weight stack and a complete set of TracHandle attachments for $750 and my wife and I both use it and really like it a lot. I do have a Bodymasters lat/mid row that I prefer for pulldowns and seated rows but it's hard to beat the adjustable pulleys on the FT.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    Did you anchor it to the floor because it was actually in danger of tipping, or more for peace of mind?
    It never tipped, but my girlfriend at that time was doing high to low cable twists with low weight, she was standing at ninety degrees to the unit lol, I noticed that the bottom foot was lifting a little off the floor.

So long as you pull towards the opposite side of the unit or load the weight horns with sufficient weight it was stable, I guess it was peace of mind and the girl in question was very cute.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hello, my first post.

Where do you live? There's a used Paramount in NH for sale on Marketplace.

Richard, I replied your PM.

Duplicitous, thanks, I'll have my wife check that out. Oh, I live in Kentucky.

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Asjogren View Post
    I have an Inspire FT2 and I love the thing..My 88" tall ceiling limited my choices and I liked the multiple pull points. Has a built in Smith machine but I don't use that a lot. Very smooth operation.

I keep Prime ROT8 handles on the top pullies and Trakfitness SPORT handles on the side pullies.

I would love to try a Cybex Bravo sometime as that looks like a great machine. Price is high but if you can find one used for a decent price,grab it
    I said above that I was going for an FT1, but after I tried both in the store, I settled on an FT2. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but it’s a done deal nonetheless.

The 2 has additional pulleys in the center that make things like lag pull downs more feasible, and the leg curl / extension attachment to the optional bench were a big plus for me (up until that point, I figured I’d use it rarely, and it was mostly for the wife). I even saw some advice about using the bottom pulleys while laying on your back to do leg press, which I thought was a pretty neat idea.

So when I get back from ski vacation, I’m planning to get it ordered. A lot more money than the FT1 of course, but a heck of a lot more functionality. And I have to say, actually using the machines at the shop showed me they’re buttery smooth - really really impressed with the build of these things.

That said, assembly costs out here are a b*tch.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Corbets View Post
    I said above that I was going for an FT1, but after I tried both in the store, I settled on an FT2. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but it’s a done deal nonetheless.

The 2 has additional pulleys in the center that make things like lag pull downs more feasible, and the leg curl / extension attachment to the optional bench were a big plus for me (up until that point, I figured I’d use it rarely, and it was mostly for the wife). I even saw some advice about using the bottom pulleys while laying on your back to do leg press, which I thought was a pretty neat idea.

So when I get back from ski vacation, I’m planning to get it ordered. A lot more money than the FT1 of course, but a heck of a lot more functionality. And I have to say, actually using the machines at the shop showed me they’re buttery smooth - really really impressed with the build of these things.

That said, assembly costs out here are a b*tch.
    You will love it..It took me about 5-6 hours to put it together but I like doing that stuff. The cost of delivery and set up was too steep for me

Originally Posted by Asjogren View Post
    You will love it..It took me about 5-6 hours to put it together but I like doing that stuff. The cost of delivery and set up was too steep for me
    So it ended up taking me 12-14 hours, but I’m not particularly handy. Still, despite the complexity it was a very easy setup, and I even managed it with just one person.

The end result is amazing. It looks stunning, and performs as good as it looks. I’ve used it the last two days, and yesterday I even did my entire training session on it just for the sake of trying it out. I’ll probably never do a smith machine squat again (the wife will ) but I had to try it.

It’s so buttery smooth, well built, and just a pleasure to use. It’s going to be amazing for some of my accessory work! Thanks for the tip, guys, really pleased with this one.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Corbets, congrats on the new FT2. I have no room, nor funds to put towards one myself...however I got to try one at one of the local equipment dealers and the piece was awesome with not much more to be desired, super smooth cables with plenty of resistance and a good compliment to a dedicated power rack station in my opinion and agreed that smith machine squats and most smith movements suck with the exception of maybe a few creative and minor accessory movements perhaps as a side bonus for owning that feature.

So it ended up taking me 12-14 hours, but I’m not particularly handy. Still, despite the complexity it was a very easy setup, and I even managed it with just one person.

The end result is amazing. It looks stunning, and performs as good as it looks. I’ve used it the last two days, and yesterday I even did my entire training session on it just for the sake of trying it out. I’ll probably never do a smith machine squat again (the wife will ������) but I had to try it.

It’s so buttery smooth, well built, and just a pleasure to use. It’s going to be amazing for some of my accessory work! Thanks for the tip, guys, really pleased with this one.

I use mine in some way for every workout I do. It is an amazing machine. From full workout to finishing sets, there are so many ways to use this thing. I really like the multiple pull points . I keep Prime ROT8 handles on the top, Trakfitness SPORT handles on the vertical posts and the stock handles on the bottom so it's easy to move from exercise to exercise without having to move the handles. The only piece in my home gym that I would never think of getting rid of. That and my Hammer Strength FWADJ bench with footrest..They make a great combo.

I don't use the Smith Machine a ton as I have a nice Hammer Strength halfrack but it does do some things really well, Shrugs,upright rows,calf raises and chest press finishing sets.

Enjoy. I'm sure you are not going to regret your purchase

evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can the lat pulldown be done easily on the FT2. I recall trying the lat pulldown on the FT1 years ago and it seemed awkward. Also I am 6’ but I felt like I was kind of hunched over when doing tricep pushdowns.

Has the FT 2 improved.

Originally Posted by evankyle View Post
    Can the lat pulldown be done easily on the FT2. I recall trying the lat pulldown on the FT1 years ago and it seemed awkward. Also I am 6’ but I felt like I was kind of hunched over when doing tricep pushdowns.

Has the FT 2 improved.
    I’m 6’3” and do lat pull downs on my FT2 about once a week. However, I sit on the floor to do so rather than the bench, otherwise I don’t quite get the full range of motion.

If you get a different bar that connects to the two highest, centered pullies then it might work from the bench, but the bar that comes with the machine connects to the two outermost pullies, which aren’t quite as high.

As for tricep pushdowns, no idea why that’s a problem. Again, I ist the centered, higher pullies (which the FT1 does not have, if I recall correctly) but I can also do them from the side pullies.

evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    I’m 6’3” and do lat pull downs on my FT2 about once a week. However, I sit on the floor to do so rather than the bench, otherwise I don’t quite get the full range of motion.

If you get a different bar that connects to the two highest, centered pullies then it might work from the bench, but the bar that comes with the machine connects to the two outermost pullies, which aren’t quite as high.

As for tricep pushdowns, no idea why that’s a problem. Again, I ist the centered, higher pullies (which the FT1 does not have, if I recall correctly) but I can also do them from the side pullies.
    Thanks I am trying to decide whether to get both a lat pulldown and functional trainer or just the lat pulldown first. After buying a Titan Rack, i now am committed to just buying the best and price is nof a big concen.

I am considering the lat pulldown below

https://www.tuffstuffitness.com/prod...low-row-combo/
    Last edited by evankyle; 05-19-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Originally Posted by evankyle View Post
    Thanks I am trying to decide whether to get both a lat pulldown and functional trainer or just the lat pulldown first. After buying a Titan Rack, i now am committed to just buying the best and price is nof a big concen.

I am considering the lat pulldown below

https://www.tuffstuffitness.com/prod...low-row-combo/
    Titan has taught me not to cheap out as well. :P I have had issues with every single item I purchased from them. If price is not a concern, I would go with a Body-Solid SLM300G-2 over the Tuff Stuff if buying new.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Titan has taught me not to cheap out as well. :P I have had issues with every single item I purchased from them. If price is not a concern, I would go with a Body-Solid SLM300G-2 over the Tuff Stuff if buying new.
    The reason I had the Tuff Stuff is I can get it professionally installed. I want it done not by me as i have a lot of stairs to walk down as my gym is in basement.