Page 160 of 174 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,800 of 5207
    bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CW47 View Post
    Just ordered a pair of 80 pound Snode Adjustable DB's: https://www.snodesport.com/products/...ting-dumbbells

They have an early bird special for 20% off, and also free shipping, so the total ended up under $800. Not cheap by any means, but still a nice discount.

They should be pretty similar to the Nuobell's. They use steel in some placed where Nuobell uses plastic so will hopefully be more durable. They only adjust in 10 pound increments but that's not even an issue for me because I already have platemates I can use, and the early bird special also includes four 1 1/4 pound magnet plates at no charge. So I'll be able to easily do any weight increments I want.

It's going to be a bit until I get my hands on them - projected ship date is around May 31st. Looking forward to it.
    Snode still uses plastic gears, but unlike Nuobell, they are rebuildable. I'm OK with that so long as parts are available. Nuobell uses little plastic nubs as cam followers to move the shafts in and out. It's only a matter of time before they break, and when they do, you need a whole new handle. That's inexcusable at that price point, IMO.

Other than the 10 pound increments, my only gripe with Snodes would be that I'd prefer a hex or flat bottom design, especially since they have to go back into the cradles upright.

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Snode still uses plastic gears, but unlike Nuobell, they are rebuildable. I'm OK with that so long as parts are available. Nuobell uses little plastic nubs as cam followers to move the shafts in and out. It's only a matter of time before they break, and when they do, you need a whole new handle. That's inexcusable at that price point, IMO.

Other than the 10 pound increments, my only gripe with Snodes would be that I'd prefer a hex or flat bottom design, especially since they have to go back into the cradles upright.
    Agreed on all of that! I have very little concern about the gears breaking. I tend to be really careful with things I buy and they end up lasting much longer than they do for most people. There's no way I'm taking something I've spent that much money on and dropping it on the ground. I don't care what they say about it being able to withstand that, lol.

The only other adjustable DB out there right now that I'd rather have is the Pepin Fast. Those things seem awesome and all things being equal I'd definitely take them over anything else. Unfortunately they're literally twice as expensive as the Snode's. Now that I've bought the Snode's I'm kind of selfishly hoping Pepin doesn't come to their senses and slash the price on theirs drastically...
    The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    I don't have it yet, but just ordered the Maxagrip 3/4 attachment. The wide was just a bit too wide for my bad shoulder.
    https://www.maxagrip.com/new-three-quarter-grip/
    Let us know what you think, might need to get one. Agree about the wide grip.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Things don't appear to be going well for the Arnold plates, like mine it appears people are getting some rough center holes. Check out Rogue's site for the latest reviews. Would be a shame for them to discontinue them now and never make them again (giggle).
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The Average Joe 30mm stainless steel knurled handles that I pre-ordered for my Powerblock Pros has shipped to the shop and are now paid in full so should arrive soon...by the looks of them and hearing about them having a nice aggressive knurl, I have a feeling they're gonna give the Ironmasters a run for their money as far as the handles go, of course IM got them on higher weight increments though on the non-commercial PB Pros anyway.

I would like to see an Ironmaster stainless steel handle with these same features (30mm handles and more bite to the knurling on them). I'll update the thread on my opinions of them when they get here.

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Things don't appear to be going well for the Arnold plates, like mine it appears people are getting some rough center holes. Check out Rogue's site for the latest reviews. Would be a shame for them to discontinue them now and never make them again (giggle).

Exactly, they don't wanna have anymore QC issues, better to off any further production of them! 😉

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking forward to the grip review! Not something I'm currently looking for, but if the knurling was nice I'd definitely consider adding them to my old Rexans.

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I get the joke, but really, Rogue has never given a r@tsa$$ about what they sell. People buy their garbage ( not all of it's bad) and then have to keep it because their return policy is abyssmal. I'm not surprised the quality isn't there. On another note, alot of people are collecting them, and not even using them.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

No so much a 'quality' issue, because that is undeniable and the castings are fantastic, it's more just the finish was lacking around the center hole. But I understand people have mixed feelings about them, I've decided to use the four pairs I bought so they've been my daily drivers on the rack. Figure if old DD's are worth a bunch beat to hell then it shouldn't really hurt the value in the long run

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No so much a 'quality' issue, because that is undeniable and the castings are fantastic, it's more just the finish was lacking around the center hole. But I understand people have mixed feelings about them, I've decided to use the four pairs I bought so they've been my daily drivers on the rack. Figure if old DD's are worth a bunch beat to hell then it shouldn't really hurt the value in the long run
    Kind of like getting a new car, first scratch drives you nuts, then it just becomes a useful car. Enjoy them !
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    Kind of like getting a new car, first scratch drives you nuts, then it just becomes a useful car. Enjoy them !
    Exactly, haha! First few times I slid them on the Barbell it was a pathetic sight, trying to hold them just at the right height to not make a sound. Couple weeks later I could care less, slap them on there and let's get to work!

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Up to 4 pairs now? LOL...

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Up to 4 pairs now? LOL...
    Dang straight, haha. I'm not squatting more than 405lbs these days so they work great on the rack. Then I figure if they do end up being worth something I'll have the ideal situation, can piece together a full 500lb set of the rare Arnold's and change plates

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Wink

Dang straight, haha. I'm not squatting more than 405lbs these days so they work great on the rack. Then I figure if they do end up being worth something I'll have the ideal situation, can piece together a full 500lb set of the rare Arnold's and change plates
    405lb squats with all Arnold plates. Life is good.

I received my AJI stainless steel Powerblock handles the other day and installed them today. The handles have a nice bite to them and look like they're made for the Pro EXPs, contemplating taking the little protective plastic rings off where the adder weight locking plate meets the handles since the new handles look even more flush without them on it (probably shouldn't effect functionality aside from maybe a minor inside metal to metal scratch here and there). Here's a few pics and I'll take these for a spin tomorrow in my next upper body day...

https://imgur.com/a/GxEQ4wx

How long was the turn around on those?

How long was the turn around on those?

About 4 months, he might have some of the handles possibly still stocked now, so worth checking if you're interested. I pre-ordered and paid half in December and the other half this month when they shipped and they arrived quick when the stock arrived, also the pre-order locked in the current price at that time should the stainless steel prices go up.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 04-26-2023 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Missed mentioning the pre-order and high demand detail

So according to that site my Pro Rexan (or Rexan Pro) would be handle Type C, but I'm not seeing an option to even place an order for that handle. Am I missing it somewhere? I'd like to take advantage of it while I can, these smaller "Mom and Pop" style places may not make them for very long.

xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    I received my AJI stainless steel Powerblock handles the other day and installed them today. The handles have a nice bite to them and look like they're made for the Pro EXPs, contemplating taking the little protective plastic rings off where the adder weight locking plate meets the handles since the new handles look even more flush without them on it (probably shouldn't effect functionality aside from maybe a minor inside metal to metal scratch here and there). Here's a few pics and I'll take these for a spin tomorrow in my next upper body day...

https://imgur.com/a/GxEQ4wx
    I've been hesitating on buying a 35mm kit for my sports 9.0 for months now. The main reason is that I bought my PB used and they have a lot of scratch and dents on the plastic frame, near the stickers. I can't figure out how you could damage them that way by using them but, in my mind, I can't seem to resolve spending another $200 CAD on nicer handles that the current state of the PB themselves. Though I truly hate the stock grips and I know I would prefer nicer knurling and it would also correct the weight deficit of my PBs (I used a scale and handles are about 1.25 lbs off each).

So according to that site my Pro Rexan (or Rexan Pro) would be handle Type C, but I'm not seeing an option to even place an order for that handle. Am I missing it somewhere? I'd like to take advantage of it while I can, these smaller "Mom and Pop" style places may not make them for very long.

There's a drop down tab that kind of blends in as you scroll down. Here's the linked page to purchase, or pre-order them...

https://forms.zohopublic.com/average...uiLrGbRptmCVro

Originally Posted by xdoomhammerx View Post
    I've been hesitating on buying a 35mm kit for my sports 9.0 for months now. The main reason is that I bought my PB used and they have a lot of scratch and dents on the plastic frame, near the stickers. I can't figure out how you could damage them that way by using them but, in my mind, I can't seem to resolve spending another $200 CAD on nicer handles that the current state of the PB themselves. Though I truly hate the stock grips and I know I would prefer nicer knurling and it would also correct the weight deficit of my PBs (I used a scale and handles are about 1.25 lbs off each).

It's up to you brother, but I would say if none of the functionality is taken away from your handles and it's more cosemetic and you use your PBs regularly then it's a justifiable purchase if you could wing the price...also, if you ever come across a replacement set and you have the matching type handles then you'll be all set by having them.

xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's up to you brother, but I would say if none of the functionality is taken away from your handles and it's more cosemetic and you use your PBs regularly then it's a justifiable purchase if you could wing the price...also, if you ever come across a replacement set and you have the matching type handles then you'll be all set by having them.
    Well, you just helped me get pass my hesitation. As my birthday is coming up next Monday, I'll just count it as a present from myself to myself.

Originally Posted by xdoomhammerx View Post
    Well, you just helped me get pass my hesitation. As my birthday is coming up next Monday, I'll just count it as a present from myself to myself.

They're pure quality, so much so that I wish this guy could team up with Ironmaster to make a stainless steel version of their handle design along with various diameter handles to choose from (since I own the IMs for the higher weight increments beyond 90 lbs). You definitely won't regret your birthday present!

They're pure quality, so much so that I wish this guy could team up with Ironmaster to make a stainless steel version of their handle design along with various diameter handles to choose from (since I own the IMs for the higher weight increments beyond 90 lbs).
    I had the same thought process about the IMs. I would love a SS version of the handles so they wouldn't rust on the surface. Not sure how much weight that would add by swapping materials.

As for the PBs, the extra 0.5-1.0 pound will correct the weight accuracy which is terrible at lower weight. I weighted my PBs about a year ago and saw that the handles themselves were about 1.25lbs short of the target 5.0lbs, which seriously affected accuracy up until 25lbs is reached. (OCD engineer here lol).
    IMs are much more accurate.

And yes I know, muscles don't know the numbers, just the strain we put on them, but I wanted to balance out both sides as much as possible. Turns out the worse case was about 3 lbs difference between sides when pairing all lighter plates and handle vs heaviest plates and handle.
    Attached Images

Took these AJI handles for a workout today on flat DB bench, they feel good in hand and like they should be an official handle...more so than PBs own handles in fact. The bite of the knurl is a medium aggressiveness in my opinion (probably along the lines of my Texas Power Bar that I previously owned at the time). The balance of the handles in my hands felt way more superior than the stock contour handles and were very comfortable to bench with, in fact I would even say that the 35mm might be even nicer if you use your PBs strictly to bench with.

I went with the 30mm handles because I use my PB Pro EXPs for other movements as well and typically do a warm up set on incline and flat DB bench with them with their quick adjustments and then use my Ironmasters for the working sets on heavy bench mainly due to them being less bulky when benching (when I tested the handles I used the PBs on my working sets of bench).

Then I moved on to lateral raises and once again I was impressed by the solid grip during the movement, no more shifting grip movement which would tend to happen with the stock handles due to their shape. My over all opinion on these is that if you use the PBs strictly for pressing movements then you can definitely get by with 30mm (similar to benching with a 29mm power bar), but 35mm might be the sweet spot to bench with and may be an even more comfortable experience.

If you use your PBs in a more well rounded variety way with different movements, then the 30mm is the way to go no doubt...or you could be traditional and get both like a true OG workout equipment forum member. Next, I'm gonna try these on an arm day when I get the chance (incline DB curls, DB skullcrushers, etc).
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 04-28-2023 at 07:48 AM.

I have been looking at those. I requested an order.

I have U 90's and an older version that goes to 60. Personal Plus maybe. I cannot decide on a size. My fixed dumbells are rubber hex with the handles that are contoured. 35 in the middle down to about 28. The PP powerblocks are almost 32mm. The U90's are countoured and over 38mm in the middle. Way too big. The main bar I use for bench is 30mm, My smith machine is 32. All my new leverage machines (rubber handles) measure 34mm. Ivanko curl bar is 30mm. They all feel "right" except the U90's.
    The choice is 30 or 35. Hmmm..
    Last edited by Greybird2; 04-28-2023 at 08:41 AM.

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    I have been looking at those. I requested an order.

I have U 90's and an older version that goes to 60. Personal Plus maybe. I cannot decide on a size. My fixed dumbells are rubber hex with the handles that are contoured. 35 in the middle down to about 28. The PP powerblocks are almost 32mm. The U90's are countoured and over 38mm in the middle. Way too big. The main bar I use for bench is 30mm, My smith machine is 32. All my new leverage machines (rubber handles) measure 34mm. Ivanko curl bar is 30mm. They all feel "right" except the U90's.
    The choice is 30 or 35. Hmmm..

If you also do rows with the DBs and/or curls then you might be better off with the 30mm, but if you think you'll use them for just pressing like bench and seated/standing DB OHPs then 35mm could be a solid choice, also it might boil down to each person's hand size. I have long fingers and the 30mm feels comfortable, then again 35mm probably also wouldn't be a problem for my grip as well...but for curls and skullcrushers, rows it might bring the rep volume down some due to the wider diameter grip.

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Average Joe's power block replacement handles for my U90's came last week. I'm getting used to the 30mm size, but overall very happy for the price. I'm still torn between 30 vs 35 mm. I went with 30 because my wife will like 30mm more than 35. Agree with others that the knurl is "medium".

Also, my Maxagrip 3/4 bar came this week. Very happy with it. The wide was just too wide for my bad shoulder. The 3/4 works much better for lat pull downs without pain.
    Attached Images
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

Did you use the U90's with the regular grips? I also have that wide Maxgrip. It never gets used. I am not going to get anymore. The one you got knocks off 8 inches. Probably about right. I bought all of the Ivanko cable attachments and they work well for me and my wife likes them too. I like to use wrist wraps to take some stress off my forearms which you can't do with the Maxagrip.
    Last edited by Greybird2; 04-28-2023 at 09:41 AM.

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My U90's are coming up on their 10th birthday, so I've used them plenty.

I sold the wide pretty quickly to justify it's replacement. I also like the neutral handle angle a bit better. I have the medium supinated, medium pronated and close supinated. I might add the close pronated, but that'll be all.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

Page 160 of 174 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast