Page 124 of 174 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 5207
    urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dont Want None View Post
    Well damn... there was one for sale near me for awhile (similar deal, like $400 with bench and weights) that I almost pulled the trigger on a few times... Now I'm wishing I would have. Didn't realize the arms were longer...
    After a couple sessions, I also didn't realize that the rear swing arm for the cable pulley is longer too. That's probably another reason why you're able to get a full ROM on the pulldown vs the older Powertec having to lean back. Very pleased with the swap, almost to the point where now I'm wondering if I really need the Cybex bench anymore. The old Cybex worked great with that center bar that got in the way, but now that's a non-issue. The IM Pro outclasses it in about every way, except for quality/thickness of the steel. Hmmmn....
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Very pleased with the swap, almost to the point where now I'm wondering if I really need the Cybex bench anymore. The old Cybex worked great with that center bar that got in the way, but now that's a non-issue. The IM Pro outclasses it in about every way, except for quality/thickness of the steel. Hmmmn....
    Wait, which Cybex bench are you thinking about getting rid of? Surely not the 5435.

Originally Posted by urbanlifter, like a week ago View Post
    It's made the list of things I'll likely never sell, up there with the Pendlay half rack, Cybex 5435, and Mech Mono's.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    Wait, which Cybex bench are you thinking about getting rid of? Surely not the 5435.
    You must have missed the keyword in that quote, 'LIKELY'. Haha. Haven't sold anything yet, but now that it doesn't serve a very specific purpose it's not off the table. Probably a tough sell though, for what I would want out of it you would be pretty close to getting a new REP bench.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You must have missed the keyword in that quote, 'LIKELY'. Haha. Haven't sold anything yet, but now that it doesn't serve a very specific purpose it's not off the table. Probably a tough sell though, for what I would want out of it you would be pretty close to getting a new REP bench.
    Ha, isn't "likely" just urbanlifter for "I've already got a potential buyer"?

The suck part about commercial benches is that outside of a few weirdos like the people on this forum, most people aren't willing to pay for them. And I don't blame them, when you can get a very nice adjustable bench for like $250 shipped to your door.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Urbanlifter, did you sell your Cap bench?
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ha, isn't "likely" just urbanlifter for "I've already got a potential buyer"?

The suck part about commercial benches is that outside of a few weirdos like the people on this forum, most people aren't willing to pay for them. And I don't blame them, when you can get a very nice adjustable bench for like $250 shipped to your door.
    Sub-$300 they sell pretty quickly here. Beyond that you're probably going to be sitting on it for quite awhile.

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Urbanlifter, did you sell your Cap bench?
    Yes, it got sold off when I bought the Cybex. Outstanding bench, sad that it doesn't get the recognition it deserves next to the likes of the REP bench and it's clone the Legend 3103. The IM padding sorta reminds me of the CAP+ padding though, maybe that's part of the reason why I like it so much.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Sub-$300 they sell pretty quickly here. Beyond that you're probably going to be sitting on it for quite awhile.
    That's the main issue, outside of the lunatics here it would be very hard sell, haha. But I'm not seriously considering it, haven't listed anything yet, and for now I'm happy to own two quality benches.

Pulled the trigger on some eBay P90X Powerstands I posted about in another thread, WAAAY overpaid but they were supposedly brand new in the box from BeachBody. Have a pair already but wanted another set for my son/wife. Handles looked fantastic, still in the original packaging, but one of them was bent pretty badly. Nothing a few perfectly placed taps from a rubber mallet couldn't fix, still the GOAT for pushups!

boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Also, those BS rubber coated weights were fantastic. Was tempted to keep them but I promised the wife a zero dollar transaction so I kept my word. But man I almost liked those better than my REP plates and my son tried to talk me into a total swap out. Probably for the best that I got them out of the house quickly! Haha

A local guy has ~700lbs of colored Body Solid plates for sale. He's asking $2/lb: https://offerup.com/item/detail/838333543/

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pulled the trigger on some eBay P90X Powerstands I posted about in another thread, WAAAY overpaid but they were supposedly brand new in the box from BeachBody. Have a pair already but wanted another set for my son/wife. Handles looked fantastic, still in the original packaging, but one of them was bent pretty badly. Nothing a few perfectly placed taps from a rubber mallet couldn't fix, still the GOAT for pushups!
    Been wanting a pair of those. Is there really nothing currently available that compares?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How is this better than a hex dumbbell or Ironmaster/Powerblocks? Do the handles rotate?

Originally Posted by LifterWest View Post
    How is this better than a hex dumbbell or Ironmaster/Powerblocks? Do the handles rotate?
    The bases are incredibly wide, to the point where you could almost where them as a hat which makes them very stable. The handles have a thick grip covered in a dense foam, slightly angled downward which feels like a more natural position for your wrists. Also, solid steel construction vs some of the cheaper ones with a plastic base.

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Been wanting a pair of those. Is there really nothing currently available that compares?
    Haven't really shopped around for them lately, but it doesn't appear that anyone has adopted the angled handle. Appears to be some out there with a thicker grip that I'm sure are stable, it's just a premium option that didn't catch on I guess. eBay is the only place I have seen them, mine shipped from a guy in CA.
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 03-06-2020 at 01:02 PM.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    finally picked up my 20kg milled bumper and second marcy 45 plate. and a cool old school tricep bench i paid 40 for. also scored some cheap powerblocks

​​​​​​​

▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

FrankenRack got a little Titaned with bolt-on monolifts. Next to Mech's monos these feel like an '88 Chevy Celebrity next to a Tesla, but they do what they're supposed to.

Also picked up their Swiss bar and pulley tower a while ago. I like them both quite a bit. The Swiss bar is the nicest bar I've seen from Titan, far more polished than the mulitgrip bar I had from Titan.

Attached Images

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    FrankenRack got a little Titaned with bolt-on monolifts. Next to Mech's monos these feel like an '88 Chevy Celebrity next to a Tesla, but they do what they're supposed to.

Also picked up their Swiss bar and pulley tower a while ago. I like them both quite a bit. The Swiss bar is the nicest bar I've seen from Titan, far more polished than the mulitgrip bar I had from Titan.

Really drinking the cool aid! Nice rack, on spread.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Really drinking the cool aid! Nice rack, on spread.
    Kool aid Man is my chalk bowl and also the most exciting thing in my gym (according to my kids).

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Picked up a Body Solid SLM300G-2 lat/row combo with the 300lb stack from a forum member on Sunday. Great addition to the gym, and will happily replace my Rogue Monster Slinger. I still have to do some basement Jenga to find a new home for my GHD. All the tools I carried down, might be heading back to the garage.
    https://www.bodysolid.com/home/slm30...ne_lat_mid_row
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    Picked up a Body Solid SLM300G-2 lat/row combo with the 300lb stack from a forum member on Sunday. Great addition to the gym, and will happily replace my Rogue Monster Slinger. I still have to do some basement Jenga to find a new home for my GHD. All the tools I carried down, might be heading back to the garage.
    Congrats, I had one for a few years and really liked it.

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I upgraded my lat-pullown machines until I ended up with the same unit. Got a great deal. The seller was shocked that I got it to fit into my Chevy Cruze. It was a tight fit and required a lot of disassembly. But it works well and I like the versatility of the stack. I can rest a pair of Roundhead dumbbells on top of the stack to increase the load. I just have to be careful to not slam the stack down when there are DBs on it.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Congrats. I considered it, but couldn't justify the want vs need right now.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Two racks setup? Oh Yeeeeaaahhh!!!

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Two racks setup? Oh Yeeeeaaahhh!!!

I couldn't pass up the Dick's Sporting Goods flash deal on their Ethos bench rack, so the monolifts might move to that if they'll fit at the right height. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I am jellin' the KoolAid Man chalk stand. That is a great addition to any gym.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just picked up my favorite type of Airdyne, the free kind.

Needs a good cleaning, but everything works, even the 15 year old batteries. I'm especially loving the cardboard fender.
    Attached Images
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Just picked up my favorite type of Airdyne, the free kind.

Needs a good cleaning, but everything works, even the 15 year old batteries. I'm especially loving the cardboard fender.
    What are those old ones like compared to the new tacticool versions? Resistance wise.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    What are those old ones like compared to the new tacticool versions? Resistance wise.

I haven't had an opportunity to do a head-to-head yet, but it's my understanding that the Echo has more resistance but the Attack and Xebex (which are basically the same bike) have a very similar resistance to these older ones. The fan is roughly the same diameter and width, so resistance differences between them would likely boil down to gearing.

The older ones aren't built as heavy duty as the new Crossfit-inspired models, but there are tons of them still being used in commercial gyms, rehab facilities, and home gyms all over the world.

The consoles from the Attack and Xebex can be fit to this model of Airdyne fairly easily, and work well. That would be my suggestion for anyone shopping for a fan bike.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I haven't had an opportunity to do a head-to-head yet, but it's my understanding that the Echo has more resistance but the Attack and Xebex (which are basically the same bike) have a very similar resistance to these older ones. The fan is roughly the same diameter and width, so resistance differences between them would likely boil down to gearing.

The older ones aren't built as heavy duty as the new Crossfit-inspired models, but there are tons of them still being used in commercial gyms, rehab facilities, and home gyms all over the world.

The consoles from the Attack and Xebex can be fit to this model of Airdyne fairly easily, and work well. That would be my suggestion for anyone shopping for a fan bike.
    Nice man, great reply thanks very much. I always figured they'd be very similar too, since they deal with the same physics. I'll pull the trigger on the next dirt cheap one I see, I see them pretty often.

Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Nice man, great reply thanks very much. I always figured they'd be very similar too, since they deal with the same physics. I'll pull the trigger on the next dirt cheap one I see, I see them pretty often.

Some things to keep in mind about cheap Airdynes...

The older models with the analog consoles have smaller diameter tubing in some areas (like the seat post) so they're not quite as sturdy. Also, the "speedo" is cable-driven and replacement cables are NLA. You might get lucky and find a good used one, but they've been running $40-$50 lately on Ebay. The timers can be hit-or-miss too, and can be difficult to find in good shape and fully functional. Next one I pick up like that will probably get a cupholder insert instead of a timer. 😉

The later ones like the one I picked up today work/feel the same as the early ones, but came with a much better console. The thing to look for with those is the battery cover. It actually houses the batteries and mates with contacts on the console to complete the circuit. The console won't work without it unless you buy an aftermarket battery holder and solder the leads to the board. Been there, done that, and then upgraded to a new Xebex console.

With any of them, plan on replacing the 30+ year old foam grips with new ones and ditching the tractor seat for something better suited to a human ass.

I couldn't pass up the Dick's Sporting Goods flash deal on their Ethos bench rack, so the monolifts might move to that if they'll fit at the right height. Hopefully it doesn't suck.
    Totally unnecessary, but at the stupidly low flash sale price it seemed like a safe buy.

I'm going to need to drill a few more holes so I can mount the monolift higher. Unracking the bar pretty low using the current top upright holes (monolift bolt is in the top upright hole in the picture).

Pad could use some more grip, but otherwise feels fine, so I'll look for a way to improve that. J-hooks feel wimpy, but that won't matter if I can get the monolift set right. All in all it seems like a pretty decent piece of equipment.

Attached Images

Some things to keep in mind about cheap Airdynes...

The older models with the analog consoles have smaller diameter tubing in some areas (like the seat post) so they're not quite as sturdy. Also, the "speedo" is cable-driven and replacement cables are NLA. You might get lucky and find a good used one, but they've been running $40-$50 lately on Ebay. The timers can be hit-or-miss too, and can be difficult to find in good shape and fully functional. Next one I pick up like that will probably get a cupholder insert instead of a timer. 😉

The later ones like the one I picked up today work/feel the same as the early ones, but came with a much better console. The thing to look for with those is the battery cover. It actually houses the batteries and mates with contacts on the console to complete the circuit. The console won't work without it unless you buy an aftermarket battery holder and solder the leads to the board. Been there, done that, and then upgraded to a new Xebex console.

With any of them, plan on replacing the 30+ year old foam grips with new ones and ditching the tractor seat for something better suited to a human ass.
    Cool man, thanks very much. I'm not too big on consoles anyway, they just make me watch the seconds tick by. That's quite clever putting them in aftermarket though.

Page 124 of 174 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast