DancerMeowMeow is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Help!!! Rest day extreme anxiety

Hello I could really use some help.

Tldr: on my rest day where I don't workout i have extreme debilitating anxiety that often results in binge eating.

I'm 5'2" starting weight 235lbs current weight 216lbs. I have lost 19lbs since september eating 1500 calories a day along with intermittent fasting and I love it. I dont feel restricted I feel great everyday and I fast starting at 4pm because I work in the evening I am sleeping better it is wonderful. I workout/dance anywhere from 4 to 6 hours a day 5 to 7 days a week depending on if I am performing or not. I love dancing it kicks my butt I also go to the gym 5 days a week. My problem is that when I go to take a rest day, still keeping my calories at 1500 still doing intermittent fasting I have extreme anxiety in the evening and all through the night we're talking panic shaking crying cant function feel like I wanna die anxiety attacks. Unfortunately this leads me to binge eating going over my calories and eating things to the point where I feel sick to my stomach. I think I probably feel this way because I am so active normally that I have all this energy and it torments me I dont know what to do. Sometimes I just want one day to go to the beach or play video games and chill give my body a rest. Does anyone have any suggestions or have this happen to them? I feel like every week I take one step forward and two steps back. Please help!

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Having a panic attack and binge eating because you're taking a day off is extreme and not normal or healthy. You should talk to a counselor about this.

I hope you figure out the root issue. Good luck.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is an issue for a mental health professional. There's not much advice anyone here can share except that you really need to talk to a professional who supports anxiety/eating disorders.

Buttersthecat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttersthecat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttersthecat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttersthecat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttersthecat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttersthecat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttersthecat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttersthecat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttersthecat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttersthecat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buttersthecat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So anytime your not extra physical or pushing urself your energy levels are making you feel anxious? But your fine the rest of the week?

I feel like that way if I take pre and then suddenly cant make it to the gym.

Maybe there is someone else who has that type of feeling naturally and can post something positive to help u besides talking to a counselor.

Originally Posted by Buttersthecat View Post
    So anytime your not extra physical or pushing urself your energy levels are making you feel anxious? But your fine the rest of the week?

I feel like that way if I take pre and then suddenly cant make it to the gym.

Maybe there is someone else who has that type of feeling naturally and can post something positive to help u besides talking to a counselor.
    Yes exactly i feel like it is a physical problem it only happens when i dont work out.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DancerMeowMeow View Post
    Yes exactly i feel like it is a physical problem it only happens when i dont work out.
    Because anxiety is a mental disorder with physical symptoms. Stress in general can have physical effects, your brain, and body aren't separate entities.

And yes, you should see a mental health professional for mental health issues. It takes years of proper education to properly treat conditions like yours, nor can anyone here prescribe medication should you need it. In short, we're not qualified, and comments like Butters' only serve to undermine the seriousness of mental health issues. You wouldn't expect us to diagnose someone with cancer, then treat it, right? Same goes for mental health issues.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Thanks for everyone taking time to read but I am looking for some advice from someone who has experienced the same thing. Not a bunch of people telling me to go see a counselor. Got it. You think I need mental help. Message recieved. So if anyone has any advice or suggestions other than that it would be tremendously appreciated.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I suggest you get in a proper deficit that makes sense. 1500 calories is way too low/too aggressive for a female at your stats coming out of the gate. That intake would be better suited for a female around 125-130 lbs and even at those stats some can start higher.

The binges aren't just happening because of anxiety. It's happening because your intake is way off.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Nutrition Coach/Trainer:
    http://www.iron-kim.com

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP: I have a problem and I want suggestions.
    Everyone: Here are some suggestions.
    OP: No, I didn't want those suggestions!!!

OP, if you are experiencing the same problems by doing the same things the same way for month after month, doesn't that tell you something needs to change? Try kimm's advice and adjust your calorie intake. Try NOT doing intermittent fasting. If you are overly restrictive of foods in your diet / stuck on eating "clean" / whatever, try not being so restrictive. What foods do you normally eat? What do your macros look like? Being overly restrictive on your diet can absolutely cause bingeing. Anxiety attacks, though? That may be a separate issue.

Go ahead and try adjusting basic things with your diet and see if that helps. However, if you continue to have issues with anxiety attacks and/or bingeing, that is indeed within the realm of a counselor. That doesn't mean you're crazy, it means you need some professional guidance from someone trained to give it.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have GAD (General Anxiety Disorder) and Panic Attacks as well. They both suck so I feel you.

Working with my therapist, I chose not to be medicated for it for a lot of reasons. What we did do was CBT which helped me gain coping skills to manage without the meds. It was one of the best things I ever did and I use what I learned pretty much daily.

Seeking counseling does not mean you are crazy or weak or bad. It just means you need help.

One of the things my therapist prescribed was exercise and proper diet. If I go too long without exercising, my anxiety does ratchet up and makes it less likely that I can cope with issues or triggers. However, I have never had an issue with taking rest days or binge eating.

I really do suggest you talk with a counselor as they can not only help you properly figure out what is going on, but they can figure out what the best way for YOU to deal with it is. Everyone is different and deals differently.

As a trainer, and as the others have pointed out, working out or dancing for 4 - 6 hours a day on 1500 cals and fasting is NOT the healthiest, safest, or most effective programing, anxiety or not. In fact, working out those long hours and not fueling properly can be having an effect on the anxiety. I don't believe it is the only issue, just part of the puzzle.

Please see a counselor. It will really help you and its not shameful to ask for help.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DancerMeowMeow View Post
    Thanks for everyone taking time to read but I am looking for some advice from someone who has experienced the same thing. Not a bunch of people telling me to go see a counselor. Got it. You think I need mental help. Message recieved. So if anyone has any advice or suggestions other than that it would be tremendously appreciated.
    Well, there are many reasons for binging. For me it was the boredom of not working out. Do you have any hobbies outside of weightlifting?
    "Never avoid opportunities. They may come in any form." - Carl Allen, Yes Man
    NASM CPT and NPC Bikini Competitor

junkfoodfittie.wordpress.com
    My Journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172513881
    FB/Instagram/Twitter: @jcooliegirl

Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have really bad anxiety and I've chosen to be off medication. I do see a therapist 2 times a week, which does help a lot! I workout 6-7 days a week in order to keep my feelings down which isn't always the best for my body. On the days I have to take off (due to work) I do light activity just to keep my mind from spinning- go for walks, scrub and reorganize the apartment, go to the dog park. It keeps me from feeling "unfulfilled."

I also agree with Kimm though. Are you binging out of boredom? Or out of extreme hunger? Either way, you're in too much of a deficit if your body is regularly calling for that much food at once.
    Last edited by Bean100; 02-21-2017 at 01:38 PM.