Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 3285
    AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by stevowrock View Post
    hi guys! about workinf out. I feel like im not gaining strength in a strength program, maybe its because I could need to be eating more. I’m going down and up in pounds. but is it okey to go less strength if I feel its too heavy? because of recovery
    Sorry I don't understand the question "okey to go less strength if I feel its too heavy?"
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Sorry I don't understand the question "okey to go less strength if I feel its too heavy?"
    Like today for example, I felt weak and exhausted already. I went and tried to go a bit heavy but it was taxing. so basically I had to lower the weights. Like its hard for me to follow a strength program, but tbh I’m not strictly following the program I’m doing because I still lower it when I dont feel like going heavy. I feel like I might be wasting potential for not going heavy

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Like today for example, I felt weak and exhausted already. I went and tried to go a bit heavy but it was taxing. so basically I had to lower the weights. Like its hard for me to follow a strength program, but tbh I’m not strictly following the program I’m doing because I still lower it when I dont feel like going heavy. I feel like I might be wasting potential for not going heavy
    Do you mean you felt exhausted before you even got to the gym?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do you mean you felt exhausted before you even got to the gym?
    yes. well this technically happens almost if not everyday. I’m exhausted mentally and physically. I’m guessing a lot haves to do due to anxiety and stress. I have therapist for this, but it becomes to a point that I fear going to the gym.

yes. well this technically happens almost if not everyday. I’m exhausted mentally and physically. I’m guessing a lot haves to do due to anxiety and stress. I have therapist for this, but it becomes to a point that I fear going to the gym.
    I see no reason to lift if you feel that way. You're just risking injury.

I see no reason to lift if you feel that way. You're just risking injury.
    well I’m just lifting to lift. I’m not increasing lift or anything if I don’t feel it or I’m super exhausted especially mentally.

Like having the mentallity of needing to increase weight every time, might be hard to get out

well I’m just lifting to lift. I’m not increasing lift or anything if I don’t feel it or I’m super exhausted especially mentally.

Like having the mentallity of needing to increase weight every time, might be hard to get out
    Then I don't understand the issue I guess based on what you said before.

Originally, you said you needed to lift lighter because you were too tired, asking if it was OK to do that..

Well, if you don't care about building size or strength, and the gym is just a means to move around and stimulate your muscles, then yeah... you can literally lift almost nothing and just get a pump, because you don't have a strength or size goal.

I'm just confused about the question I think. Are you asking whether it's a bad idea to train at all? I need more clarification...

On a more basic level, I think you need to assess based on enjoyment and not on utility at this point. If you don't LIKE going to the gym, then don't do it. It's not an obligation... there's plenty of things you can do with your time that don't involve lifting.

Then I don't understand the issue I guess based on what you said before.

Originally, you said you needed to lift lighter because you were too tired, asking if it was OK to do that..

Well, if you don't care about building size or strength, and the gym is just a means to move around and stimulate your muscles, then yeah... you can literally lift almost nothing and just get a pump, because you don't have a strength or size goal.

I'm just confused about the question I think. Are you asking whether it's a bad idea to train at all? I need more clarification...

On a more basic level, I think you need to assess based on enjoyment and not on utility at this point. If you don't LIKE going to the gym, then don't do it. It's not an obligation... there's plenty of things you can do with your time that don't involve lifting.
    You’re right. Sometimes I dont feel like going, sometimes I feel like going, I do want to get stronger thats for sure, but most of the times I’m extremely exhausted mentally and physically to push for getting stronger.

what ends up happening is that lifting higher weights would make me way more fatigue for that day and maybe the next. so I ended up worst. this demotivates me. I think jts highly likely because of maybe low testosterone and high amount of stress and anxiety due to ocd as well.

You’re right. Sometimes I dont feel like going, sometimes I feel like going, I do want to get stronger thats for sure, but most of the times I’m extremely exhausted mentally and physically to push for getting stronger.

what ends up happening is that lifting higher weights would make me way more fatigue for that day and maybe the next. so I ended up worst. this demotivates me. I think jts highly likely because of maybe low testosterone and high amount of stress and anxiety due to ocd as well.
    Tons of possibilities man... all the aspects you mentioned probably play their own role.

I mean honestly, i've had amazing workouts even when I felt like crap before getting to the gym, but something happens and suddenly I feel amazing... there's a huge mental aspect to all of it, as well as a physical one.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I mean honestly, i've had amazing workouts even when I felt like crap before getting to the gym, but something happens and suddenly I feel amazing... there's a huge mental aspect to all of it, as well as a physical one.
    This. I've had days where I barely slept the night before, was in a chit mood, felt burnt out, etc. and then set PRs on all my lifts. Those cobwebs are always really easy for me to dust-off, BUT if my diet is insufficient, I NEVER feel good in the gym. I've also read quite a bit of literature showing that tress and even poor sleep has a far more marginal effect on gains than was once believed.

If you're not able to "shake off" your initial grogginess or fatigue in the gym, I'd be willing to bet it's diet-related.

It also just sounds like the gym ain't for you, stevo. I highly suggest you look into other forms of exercise like martial arts (my favorite), yoga, climbing, cycling, dancing, calisthenics, etc. I've taken breaks from the gym before when my routine got stale or I was in a bad headspace about it in recovery. I never regretted it and I quickly regained the marginal amount of "gains" I lost.

You should also probly check out some non-body related hobbies like writing, creating art, reading, etc.

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post

If you're not able to "shake off" your initial grogginess or fatigue in the gym
    Exactly.

Even NOW after gaining like 35-40lb back, it's not like I walk into the gym feeling like I can lift a car. I just feel normal, or in some cases a bit sleepy/tired from work, depending on the day... maybe it's dark and gloomy/cold out...

BUT, by the time I warm up, get in a couple good sets... i'm ready to go.

If for some reason just warming up didn't do it... I'd 100% walk out.

When I was still underweight and/or restricting, I just never warmed up... I'd do a couple sets, feel MORE tired than before, feel faint, weak... and I'd still try to push it, or get so damn tired and dizzy I'd literally have no choice but to stop.

Bodily feedback should be the guide.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Exactly.

Even NOW after gaining like 35-40lb back, it's not like I walk into the gym feeling like I can lift a car. I just feel normal, or in some cases a bit sleepy/tired from work, depending on the day... maybe it's dark and gloomy/cold out...

When I was still underweight and/or restricting, I just never warmed up... I'd do a couple sets, feel MORE tired than before, feel faint, weak... and I'd still try to push it, or get so damn tired and dizzy I'd literally have no choice but to stop.

100%

If you're not feeling good after a warm-up, it's a no go. Back when I was a runner even, it was ALWAYS a good call to bail if I still wasn't feeling it after that first mile or two. It applies to anything physical. Hell, it even applies to sex. Don't do it if the warm didn't do it for ya LMAO

I think that's a hard-lesson for people withe eating disorders who just push thru anyway, but I've never regretted warming up when I didn't feel in the mood only to have a kick-ass workout & I've never regretted bailing after a warm-up that didn't quite do it. I HAVE very much regretted pushing through workouts despite feeling dizzy, sick, and weak. I've wound up with infections, injuries, brain fog the rest of my day, inability to sleep that night, you name it.

Tons of possibilities man... all the aspects you mentioned probably play their own role.

I agree. If I remember correctly, sometimes I used to feel exhausted and I went to the gym and crush it. A huge role comes from the mind.

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    This. I've had days where I barely slept the night before, was in a chit mood, felt burnt out, etc. and then set PRs on all my lifts. Those cobwebs are always really easy for me to dust-off, BUT if my diet is insufficient, I NEVER feel good in the gym. I've also read quite a bit of literature showing that tress and even poor sleep has a far more marginal effect on gains than was once believed.

If you're not able to "shake off" your initial grogginess or fatigue in the gym, I'd be willing to bet it's diet-related.

It also just sounds like the gym ain't for you, stevo. I highly suggest you look into other forms of exercise like martial arts (my favorite), yoga, climbing, cycling, dancing, calisthenics, etc. I've taken breaks from the gym before when my routine got stale or I was in a bad headspace about it in recovery. I never regretted it and I quickly regained the marginal amount of "gains" I lost.

You should also probly check out some non-body related hobbies like writing, creating art, reading, etc.
    thanks man! yeah I also have been wanting to maybe buy a bike or something. I want to see more of nature and stuff. I want to actually go on walks, have been busy with holiday work, but I also have been going to sleep late ha! and if I go for walks I like going when the sun shines a lot.

Exactly.

ouch I can feel this feeling, you also felt tired after the gym when undereating?

ouch I can feel this feeling, you also felt tired after the gym when undereating?
    I felt tired ALL the time when undereating... basically non-stop zombie.

I felt tired ALL the time when undereating... basically non-stop zombie.
    Yup. Matter-of-fact, all the sleep in the world vs terrible sleep didn't even make a huge difference for me when I was underweight. 90% of my energy levels had to do with how big my deficit was. There were even a few occasions when I actually ate a relatively large surplus for a day or two and I was extremely warm/sweaty and energized.

Question, when recoverying. Do you eat how much you want and whenever you want? ocd its just hitting hard with if I want to eat something at night I need to eat less during the day.

also, weight gain and seeing my body changing is hard for me.

Question, when recoverying. Do you eat how much you want and whenever you want? ocd its just hitting hard with if I want to eat something at night I need to eat less during the day.

also, weight gain and seeing my body changing is hard for me.
    Steve... we've answered this 1000000 times for you... you need to stop asking for permission.

Steve... we've answered this 1000000 times for you... you need to stop asking for permission.

sorry :/

FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Trial and error. Move in increments of five pounds.
    10 reps 3 sets. Perfect form move to 12 reps 3 sets
    and now 15 reps 3 sets, perfect form. Up in weight
    By 5 pounds and back to 10 sets 3 reps perfect form
    and so on, everytime I walk by a mirror I stair at myself.
    Any buddy seen iggy? I’m studying criminal justice
    and going to the Hamptons. Do you want to come fishing
    with me in Montauk?

FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrancisSoyer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

We make movies.

We been dating for 3 weeks now and all you ever
    do is take me to motels.

Originally Posted by FrancisSoyer View Post
    We been dating for 3 weeks now and all you ever
    do is take me to motels.

This is not a joke thread. Stop posting this kind of stuff here.

letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey guys I hope you are all doing well! I have been trying but every pound I feel like it's so hard for me to accept the weight gain and the body changes. I also do not feel so much of a difference in terms of energy etc. I do want to say I do have mental anxiety and stuff.
    I also really dislike feeling full.

letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How to recover when people might say things?

I would like to eat what I want and how much I want. My biggest problem is weight gain and how I look like. I can’t get used to the “new” me. I asked to my family member if they would care if I look more chubier or with more weight/fat and she said like yeah, you should gain weight but not too much. then I said but a good recovery is not caring about weight. but she said some pounds is enough.

ugh

Originally Posted by letsallmakeit View Post

I would like to eat what I want and how much I want. My biggest problem is weight gain and how I look like. I can’t get used to the “new” me. I asked to my family member if they would care if I look more chubier or with more weight/fat and she said like yeah, you should gain weight but not too much. then I said but a good recovery is not caring about weight. but she said some pounds is enough.

ugh
    The real question is, why did you ask someone that in the first place?

I dunno if you're actually 38... but if you are... aren't you past the age where you'd be asking people those questions?
    Last edited by AdamWW; 01-22-2023 at 09:21 AM.

ugh
    Listen, man...You REALLY gotta reassess your priorities in life. I HIGHLY suggest you start socializing as much as you can &, if you have the financial means, travel more. You really gotta push out of your comfort zone and start investing more in experiencing new things and interacting with other people more. I think then you'd start to realize how you're obsessing about chit that doesn't matter at all to anyone else & that the vast majority of the population doesn't give 2 fuks about the minutia you're constantly distracting yourself with, even a lot of insanely fit bros. The good feelings that good relationships create trump anything your physique ever will, & if you're like me, you'll wanna fuking kick yourself for wasting so much time obsessing over macros or the gym or your physique when you could've been living. My relationships, broadening my perspectives through traveling, and doing things I'm actually passionate about (in my case art) were all the primary tools I needed to use to get out of that imprisoning, narrow mindset. For almost all of us, eating disorders are a placeholder for human connection and purpose. Instead of physique goals, just maybe begin to entertain the idea of setting social goals like reaching out to friends, trying out a new hobby, or trying to meet women (or men or whatever you're into). I'd bet anything you're more lonely than you realize.

The real question is, why did you ask someone that in the first place?

I dunno if you're actually 38... but if you are... aren't you past the age where you'd be asking people those questions?
    Also this. You shouldn't really be asking that question, bro. And most people let this chit go by like 25, let alone 30+. I haven't had a woman care really care at all about my body or abs or any of that chit since I was a teenager LMAO

sorry guys. no I'm not 38. I created this account years ago and probably didn't cared either what age I put or didn't wanted to show my true age. I tried changing it, but it seems like it doesn't work.

thanks guy. sorry for the struggles.

sorry guys. no I'm not 38. I created this account years ago and probably didn't cared either what age I put or didn't wanted to show my true age. I tried changing it, but it seems like it doesn't work.

thanks guy. sorry for the struggles.
    Why are you apologizing man? We’re not angry, or trying to shame you.. we’re trying to steer you in the right direction but also ask questions to help uncover the underlying internal battles you’re fighting.

I genuinely want to know why you’d ask someone that question… the motivation would speak to the root of your insecurities

DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've posted here before but here goes:

Hi!

I'm 51 years old and have cycled through anorexia, bulimia and compulsive overeating since I was 22 and went on Jenny Craig.

When I went to the eating disordered hospital in 2000 they had me gain 50 lbs in 3 months. I never got the weight off. Then I had a baby, lost the baby weight, but have gained more since then.

It has caused me severe anxiety to the point where now I'm taking psychiatric meds that also promote weight gain. I just saw my Dr. and she wants me to take a diabetes injection to help me lose the weight because now I'm starting to creep into pre-diabetes, but I'd have to sign up to that expensive medication forever!

What I want to do is lose the weight as I think it would help the anxiety go away, as I broke out in severe anxiety with the 50 lb weight gain.

I am following a book "French Women Don't Get Fat" as that helped me lose the 42 lbs of pregnancy weight in 2005, but now my cravings are making it tough to eat delicious food in moderation. Maybe I just need more willower.

I'm also in Overeaters Anonymous to perhaps help with the "willpower".

So between my sponsor, therapist, I fired my nutritionist as she promoted weight gain and body positivity and psychiatrist, hopefully I can lead a more successful life.

Any thoughts on losing fat?

I work out 6 days a week and alternate days of walking 3 miles or lifting 45 minutes.

I eat 2,000 calories a day and struggle with that. I get so hungry that it's tough to sleep.
    Make It a Great Day! Just call me Dusty. It's a Clown 🤡 World out there.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew