Reply
Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2808
  1. #1261
    Registered User Grappa's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Age: 26
    Posts: 758
    Rep Power: 1016
    Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Grappa is offline
    Originally Posted by Shanigelles View Post
    I am recovering from anorexia, and have started weightlifting to rebuild muscle. (DW I have been cleared by my GP to lift.) I am eating 2700-3000 calories per day, and training 3 times per week, currently something like this:

    50 jumping jacks
    Benchpress 4x5 65lbs, 1x5 70lbs, 1x10 60lbs (dropset)
    Squats 2x5 95lbs, 2x5 100lbs, 1x5 105lbs, 1x2 110lbs, 1x10 70lbs
    OHP 5x5 45lbs
    Deadlift 3x5 130lbs, 2x5 135lbs
    50 jumping jacks
    Minute plank

    Sometimes I add in some isolation exercises and/or core.

    Does this seem like a good plan to build muscle, or should I change the volume, times per week, or anything else?
    Lift the way you enjoy it
    Reply With Quote

  2. #1262
    Registered User MosToorani's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Age: 32
    Posts: 1,208
    Rep Power: 7112
    MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000)
    MosToorani is offline
    Quick Update

    I read all the previous posts that I missed out on yesterday (was with the family almost all day )

    I've got to agree with you guys, I still have a body image dismorphia. But .. I don't care anymore .. Why? Because I'm sick of that thought. I'm literally sick and tired of that thought which has been haunting me for the past 8+ years! .. I'm over it and I don't care anymore.

    There is no point in living if I fear that i'll be fat or get fat eating .. No one around me cares about whether I'm fat or slim .. so why should i? What will I care about instead? To be the best damn self I could be! And that means strength + personality .. not a freaking six pack.

    And yes, since this "bulk", I haven't experienced hunger post gym as I used to .. I remember finishing a gym session and feeling absolutely starving .. not anymore though.. These days, I basically eat after a workout session (dinner) without being hungry .. I just eat to reach my intake..

    ANOTHER update (progress?)

    I weighed myself yesterday after a month of increased intake and not weighing myself ... For two main reasons:

    1) To prove to my parents that I'm trying to gain weight
    2) To see If it triggers any 'reduce intake' thoughts.

    Let me tell you this .. I've gained around 2 kg / 4.4 lbs roughly .. and I couldn't be happier to be honest.

    I didn't reveal the weight gain to my parents because I'm playing the 'teasing' game so far haha

    Cheers!

    MT
    Instagram: Mos_Toorani
    Reply With Quote

  3. #1263
    Registered User Strength93's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2013
    Age: 28
    Posts: 518
    Rep Power: 2967
    Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Strength93 is offline
    I'm struggling insanely these days! I go through an insane hunger every single day and I ate 10.000+ calories this Friday and also last Friday. I can't do any exercise because I'm injured and I've gained 5kgs from all of this And yes I do eat that amount because I calculate it (no one believes me so that was to prove it).
    Reply With Quote

  4. #1264
    Not Natty sonnydfrizzy's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Posts: 5,534
    Rep Power: 14313
    sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sonnydfrizzy is offline
    @Mos
    Way to go man! You are following through. Embrace the journey and celebrate the wins dude!

    @Strength
    You can say you gained an arbitrary amount of weight and what not, but I would need more context of your situation.
    Are you still living to eat? Are you still placing restrictions on yourself because you cannot exercise and it is leading to binges? Are you not eating enough during the other 6 days of the week? What behaviors are enabling you to binge eat? What is your environment like? Are you still underweight?

    All of these are HIGHLY relevant before we make any assertions.
    Been playing with shafts and balls since '75.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #1265
    Registered User MosToorani's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Age: 32
    Posts: 1,208
    Rep Power: 7112
    MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000)
    MosToorani is offline
    Originally Posted by sonnydfrizzy View Post
    @Mos
    Way to go man! You are following through. Embrace the journey and celebrate the wins dude!
    Thank you so much, man!

    MAAAAAJOR props to your help and the rest of the lads here!

    Once again, thank you so much! Life Savor!

    MT
    Instagram: Mos_Toorani
    Reply With Quote

  6. #1266
    Registered User kerbycan74's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2015
    Age: 51
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    kerbycan74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    kerbycan74 is offline
    Hey everybody, had a few questions that fit into this category to some extent. Male/27/174cm/68kg, lowest was 62kg(Never drop below that weight for some reason)

    Three years ago I became seriously ill while on a vegan diet. While I was on the diet I was consuming more fruit and veggies on a daily basis to "get my antioxidants". What happened was that it turns out I had a mild form of fructose malabsorption, which didn't show itself during my regular diet but when I increased my fruit intake by about double, I became seriously ill(I was hospitalized on several occasions and when it was at its worst in the beginning, I almost died, I had very low blood pressure of 64/42) with a number of Nutrient Deficiencies (including but not limited to: Magnesium/Potassium/B Vitamins/Zinc)(I also had a few light concussions, most likely induced a bit easier from the added nutrient deficiencies). I didn't figure any of this out until just a few months to a year ago. From the nutrient deficiencies I began completely lacking any hunger, I thought I was still getting around 2500 calories but I was only getting roughly 1000-1600 calories for years at a time. During that time I was also severely bedridden, sleeping anywhere from 14-20 hours, day in and day out(I couldn't stand/walk up and down stairs or even make my own food). I've been supplementing with B vitamins/Magnesium and Zinc for quiet a while and my very severe nausea disappeared pretty soon after increasing my Magnesium Bisglycinate dose to 1,000mg per day. I'm very close to the end of my recovery, but there are some things that still bother me quiet a bit(I'm thrilled at how far I've made it yet the things that are still missing are impacting me quiet a bit). Currently my diet is high in calories, anywhere from 3200-4000 calories(I have a food journal), I work a somewhat demanding job on a construction site(14 days on/7 days off) and exercise whenever I have the energy to.

    Questions:

    My slow twitch muscles are still severely atrophied and tend to get sore from the slightest things, this is especially true for combing my hair for a while or carrying my bag of lunch through the halls at my work camp. How long could it take for me to completely recover from this atrophy?(I'm very well on my way but this is still a big concern of mine) And if you have any advice on possible supplements that can help this along, it would be highly appreciated.

    All this is devastating for me -->My interest in women, libido, emotional investment or even emotional capability is almost completely gone. When I look outside or if I stand in the rain, I simply don't feel the euphoric feeling I used to(to the same extent), the feeling that made me feel alive to quiet some extent is simply gone(Occasionally it does increase but this is only short lived for days at a time and very mild). My determination and energy is still very low as well, but I force myself to be determined, to have a good outlook on life and to stay positive about getting better, but I know that this can only help to a certain extent.
    To all of you who have overcome anorexia or starvation(especially starvation induced by nutrient malnourishment and those that suffered from it for 2-3 plus years), did you ever recover these important aspects of life or did life continue to stay dull forever?Is this just a individual experience that I am having or is this very common with recovery?
    It definitely seems to be related to my hormones/neurotransmitters and possibly the receptors for both.<- can't be certain but that is what it feels like.

    Thank you all for your time! ^_^
    Reply With Quote

  7. #1267
    Registered User Strength93's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2013
    Age: 28
    Posts: 518
    Rep Power: 2967
    Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strength93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Strength93 is offline
    Originally Posted by sonnydfrizzy View Post
    @Strength
    You can say you gained an arbitrary amount of weight and what not, but I would need more context of your situation.
    Are you still living to eat? I don't think so
    Are you still placing restrictions on yourself because you cannot exercise and it is leading to binges? Yes, probably subconcious
    Are you not eating enough during the other 6 days of the week? Probably not
    What behaviors are enabling you to binge eat? I don't have any answers to this
    What is your environment like? Don't really know how to answer this
    Are you still underweight? Yes, but it is very minimal!

    All of these are HIGHLY relevant before we make any assertions.
    Answers in bold...
    Reply With Quote

  8. #1268
    Registered User Grappa's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Age: 26
    Posts: 758
    Rep Power: 1016
    Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Grappa is offline
    Originally Posted by Strength93 View Post
    Answers in bold...
    If u are underweight, do not even worry about your "binges" it is not a binge. Keep in mind you are underweight, your body is FORCING you to eat, it wants to stay alive in all costs.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #1269
    Registered User RSTAD's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2016
    Age: 26
    Posts: 20
    Rep Power: 0
    RSTAD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSTAD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSTAD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSTAD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSTAD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSTAD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSTAD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSTAD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSTAD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSTAD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSTAD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    RSTAD is offline

    Don't really know what to do

    Hey everyone,
    This is my first post in this section, as I finally realized I may have a problem. A little backstory, I grew up in a neighborhood with some friends that were very athletic (2 of them play d1 lacrosse) and was always teased about being the token "fat kid." The ridicule and all happened for years and while outwardly I let it roll off my back I never really got past it inside. So at the beginning of my sophomore year of college I decided to change. Except it was really bad, I was 185lbs at 5'8 eating under 1200 cal a day trying to lose weight. I dropped to 136lbs by junior year then bulked to about 154, but during that time I had a six pack for the first time in my life. Due to bulking I started losing definition and just went on a cut again and dropped to 146. After a huge binge a bit ago I feel like I want to bulk again but I just don't feel right eating over maintenance (I've kept a log for over 400 days consistently). Additionally I just can't figure my calories out right. I'm 148lbs as of my weigh in today but I'm eating at 2700 calories and still losing weight which shouldn't add up (even though I'm doing the Arnold blueprint workouts that are quite high volume I don't think I'm burning that many calories doing it). I just don't know what to do anymore. I love the feeling that working out gives me but I feel lost at this point and don't know where to turn. Sorry for the long post. Did any of you come from a similar place? Am I just crazy? Thanks for any help anyone can lend.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #1270
    Registered User Grappa's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Age: 26
    Posts: 758
    Rep Power: 1016
    Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Grappa is offline
    Originally Posted by RSTAD View Post
    Hey everyone,
    This is my first post in this section, as I finally realized I may have a problem. A little backstory, I grew up in a neighborhood with some friends that were very athletic (2 of them play d1 lacrosse) and was always teased about being the token "fat kid." The ridicule and all happened for years and while outwardly I let it roll off my back I never really got past it inside. So at the beginning of my sophomore year of college I decided to change. Except it was really bad, I was 185lbs at 5'8 eating under 1200 cal a day trying to lose weight. I dropped to 136lbs by junior year then bulked to about 154, but during that time I had a six pack for the first time in my life. Due to bulking I started losing definition and just went on a cut again and dropped to 146. After a huge binge a bit ago I feel like I want to bulk again but I just don't feel right eating over maintenance (I've kept a log for over 400 days consistently). Additionally I just can't figure my calories out right. I'm 148lbs as of my weigh in today but I'm eating at 2700 calories and still losing weight which shouldn't add up (even though I'm doing the Arnold blueprint workouts that are quite high volume I don't think I'm burning that many calories doing it). I just don't know what to do anymore. I love the feeling that working out gives me but I feel lost at this point and don't know where to turn. Sorry for the long post. Did any of you come from a similar place? Am I just crazy? Thanks for any help anyone can lend.
    Do you have a healthy relationship with food? Or unusual fear of fat gain? Or body dysmorphia? I can not tell you how much you should eat/what should you eat etc. But if u are losing weight at your currect intake, it is not a rocket science that u are not eating at maintenance. Also you are 22 year old, your metabolism is skyrocketing that age.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #1271
    Registered User drumlinegirl's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2015
    Age: 40
    Posts: 49
    Rep Power: 0
    drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    drumlinegirl is offline
    Hello Everyone,

    I posted in the last version of this thread I believe and was pretty actively posting but stopped some time ago (maybe a year). I won't go into the whole summary/backstory since I have before, but I realize it's pretty much all different people in this thread than before.

    I was diagnosed Anorexic 3 years ago at 5'2", 100 pounds, working out 6 days a week, eating 1200-1300 calories. Had some hormone issues. Within a month of eating at surplus my hormone issues resolved and I gained weight slowly. I have been VERY slow with the weight gain, and have sat at about 108 for the last 1.5-2 years.

    I was great about giving up the daily weighings, but replaced it with frequent measuring of hips, thighs, arms and stomach. Anyways, I have tried to "bulk" off and on for about 3 years and as soon as I see 109, I under eat for a couple days and back down to 108. I realize in the scheme of things how insignificant 1 pound is, but I keep doing it. Finally, last month I decided to get serious and eat above maintenance calories everyday, with the goal of 110 pounds by the end of April. I could see just a tiny bit of muscle growth (and felt more energy working out). I hit 110 pretty easily (I'm always hungry so eating more is never an issue). Then, a few days ago I decided I didn't like 110. Just like that, my two months of, while a very small gain, a gain nonetheless, is gone and I am back to 108 after underrating for a few days. And it was so easy. That's what surprised me. It was so easy to just drop a couple pounds. I was using the excuse that it's almost summer and I don't want to bulk or buy new clothes. But I know I was really doing it because I don't like that number on the scale.

    I just wanted to come here and post so I can be accountable for it. A big goal I set years ago was to stop counting calories, but I still count them every day. In fact, my myfitnesspal app says I've logged in almost 600 days in a row. If anyone gave up counting after such a long time, I could really use some tips.

    Thanks for reading.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #1272
    Registered User Grappa's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Age: 26
    Posts: 758
    Rep Power: 1016
    Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grappa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Grappa is offline
    Originally Posted by drumlinegirl View Post
    Hello Everyone,

    I posted in the last version of this thread I believe and was pretty actively posting but stopped some time ago (maybe a year). I won't go into the whole summary/backstory since I have before, but I realize it's pretty much all different people in this thread than before.

    I was diagnosed Anorexic 3 years ago at 5'2", 100 pounds, working out 6 days a week, eating 1200-1300 calories. Had some hormone issues. Within a month of eating at surplus my hormone issues resolved and I gained weight slowly. I have been VERY slow with the weight gain, and have sat at about 108 for the last 1.5-2 years.

    I was great about giving up the daily weighings, but replaced it with frequent measuring of hips, thighs, arms and stomach. Anyways, I have tried to "bulk" off and on for about 3 years and as soon as I see 109, I under eat for a couple days and back down to 108. I realize in the scheme of things how insignificant 1 pound is, but I keep doing it. Finally, last month I decided to get serious and eat above maintenance calories everyday, with the goal of 110 pounds by the end of April. I could see just a tiny bit of muscle growth (and felt more energy working out). I hit 110 pretty easily (I'm always hungry so eating more is never an issue). Then, a few days ago I decided I didn't like 110. Just like that, my two months of, while a very small gain, a gain nonetheless, is gone and I am back to 108 after underrating for a few days. And it was so easy. That's what surprised me. It was so easy to just drop a couple pounds. I was using the excuse that it's almost summer and I don't want to bulk or buy new clothes. But I know I was really doing it because I don't like that number on the scale.

    I just wanted to come here and post so I can be accountable for it. A big goal I set years ago was to stop counting calories, but I still count them every day. In fact, my myfitnesspal app says I've logged in almost 600 days in a row. If anyone gave up counting after such a long time, I could really use some tips.

    Thanks for reading.
    First of all, you are NOT A NUMBER! You are a human being, stop paying so much attention to the scale. And you know how much diff is 10 pounds in your frame? Nothing.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #1273
    Registered User drumlinegirl's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2015
    Age: 40
    Posts: 49
    Rep Power: 0
    drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinegirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    drumlinegirl is offline
    Originally Posted by Grappa View Post
    First of all, you are NOT A NUMBER! You are a human being, stop paying so much attention to the scale. And you know how much diff is 10 pounds in your frame? Nothing.
    Thank you Grappa, I appreciate that. And yes you are right. I feel I always have this logical outlook running though my head, like "the scale number doesn't matter," "gaining a few pounds would be good, you would feel strong," "letting go of counting calories will be so freeing." And those logical thoughts go on and on, yet I don't act on them! It seems so silly to me that I hold on to these things (scale number, counting calories), yet I still do it! There is a disconnect between what I know is right and true, and how I act.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #1274
    Registered User Tinytobig's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Age: 23
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tinytobig is offline
    Should i be worried about eating all healthy foods during recovery? I try to eat 3500 kcal a day, but sometimes i have so many calories left at nights and it would just be easier to have some chocolate and junk just to reach my goal. And sometimes i crave it, but i let my ED win and eat something healthy instead. Should i just listen to my cravings and eat what i want without thinking about sugar, fats etc?
    Reply With Quote

  15. #1275
    I CAN TYPING flackoflacko's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2014
    Posts: 751
    Rep Power: 1250
    flackoflacko is just really nice. (+1000) flackoflacko is just really nice. (+1000) flackoflacko is just really nice. (+1000) flackoflacko is just really nice. (+1000) flackoflacko is just really nice. (+1000) flackoflacko is just really nice. (+1000) flackoflacko is just really nice. (+1000) flackoflacko is just really nice. (+1000) flackoflacko is just really nice. (+1000) flackoflacko is just really nice. (+1000) flackoflacko is just really nice. (+1000)
    flackoflacko is offline
    Originally Posted by Tinytobig View Post
    Should i be worried about eating all healthy foods during recovery? I try to eat 3500 kcal a day, but sometimes i have so many calories left at nights and it would just be easier to have some chocolate and junk just to reach my goal. And sometimes i crave it, but i let my ED win and eat something healthy instead. Should i just listen to my cravings and eat what i want without thinking about sugar, fats etc?
    How long have you been actively trying to recover? Balance is key. Healthy foods aren't bad. Neither are "junk foods" in moderation!
    IG: @doginacage
    Reply With Quote

  16. #1276
    Registered User Tinytobig's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Age: 23
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tinytobig is offline
    Originally Posted by flackoflacko View Post
    How long have you been actively trying to recover? Balance is key. Healthy foods aren't bad. Neither are "junk foods" in moderation!
    i´ve TRIED for ovrer a year, but only gained 1kg...
    Reply With Quote

  17. #1277
    Registered User HypedAgg's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2017
    Posts: 35
    Rep Power: 0
    HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HypedAgg is offline
    Originally Posted by Tinytobig View Post
    Should i be worried about eating all healthy foods during recovery? I try to eat 3500 kcal a day, but sometimes i have so many calories left at nights and it would just be easier to have some chocolate and junk just to reach my goal. And sometimes i crave it, but i let my ED win and eat something healthy instead. Should i just listen to my cravings and eat what i want without thinking about sugar, fats etc?
    If you crave it,eat it.Whenever my ED tells me not to eat something,I do the opposite.Because you have to fight your disorder instead of letting it control you.On that amount of calories it's easy to get all nutrients,so don't worry too much about it.Just eat balanced and don't shy away from treats when you want them.Good luck in recovery,you can do it!
    Reply With Quote

  18. #1278
    Registered User Tinytobig's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Age: 23
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tinytobig is offline
    Originally Posted by HypedAgg View Post
    If you crave it,eat it.Whenever my ED tells me not to eat something,I do the opposite.Because you have to fight your disorder instead of letting it control you.On that amount of calories it's easy to get all nutrients,so don't worry too much about it.Just eat balanced and don't shy away from treats when you want them.Good luck in recovery,you can do it!
    Hmm, sounds great for the ed recovery-process, but how long should I do this? I crave junk ALL the time, and i can´t imagine it´s healthy to eat **** all the time.. Maybe the cravings go away if I actually follow the cravings sometimes.. Thank you so much for your reply btw
    Reply With Quote

  19. #1279
    Registered User HypedAgg's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2017
    Posts: 35
    Rep Power: 0
    HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HypedAgg is offline
    Originally Posted by Tinytobig View Post
    Hmm, sounds great for the ed recovery-process, but how long should I do this? I crave junk ALL the time, and i can´t imagine it´s healthy to eat **** all the time.. Maybe the cravings go away if I actually follow the cravings sometimes.. Thank you so much for your reply btw
    Believe me,I know what you're talking about.So do other ED sufferers.If you googled this topic,you'd find a lot of people sharing similar experiences.You probably restricted "junk food" throughout your weight loss,so you obviously crave it.You just have to trust your body.I also craved "junk food" at the start of recovery,and feared of losing control.But I decided to give a real recovery a go,and said "F it,if the cravings and weight gain doesn't stop I can always get back to restriction".But guess what,a few weeks later the cravings stopped,and now I'm eating a pretty decent,balanced diet.Of course,I still sometimes crave some junk,but that's normal-everyone does.Remember one thing(this really helped me during recovery):body fat isn't permanent,you can always trim it or grow it.And you already proved that you're perfectly capable of losing weight and body fat,so it's pretty much impossible for you to develop BED.Also,IMO you should cut down your exercise.You're severely underweight(16 BMI and I'm guessing pretty lean),and training 7 days/week..While I was underweight at the start of recovery,I didn't exercise at all(and it didn't make me fat).Remember that you also need to recover mentally.That exercise isn't only feeding your disorder,but also putting a lot of pressure on your weak body.It'd be best for you to meet a specialist,but hope I helped at least a bit.
    Reply With Quote

  20. #1280
    Registered User Tinytobig's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Age: 23
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tinytobig is offline
    Originally Posted by HypedAgg View Post
    Believe me,I know what you're talking about.So do other ED sufferers.If you googled this topic,you'd find a lot of people sharing similar experiences.You probably restricted "junk food" throughout your weight loss,so you obviously crave it.You just have to trust your body.I also craved "junk food" at the start of recovery,and feared of losing control.But I decided to give a real recovery a go,and said "F it,if the cravings and weight gain doesn't stop I can always get back to restriction".But guess what,a few weeks later the cravings stopped,and now I'm eating a pretty decent,balanced diet.Of course,I still sometimes crave some junk,but that's normal-everyone does.Remember one thing(this really helped me during recovery):body fat isn't permanent,you can always trim it or grow it.And you already proved that you're perfectly capable of losing weight and body fat,so it's pretty much impossible for you to develop BED.Also,IMO you should cut down your exercise.You're severely underweight(16 BMI and I'm guessing pretty lean),and training 7 days/week..While I was underweight at the start of recovery,I didn't exercise at all(and it didn't make me fat).Remember that you also need to recover mentally.That exercise isn't only feeding your disorder,but also putting a lot of pressure on your weak body.It'd be best for you to meet a specialist,but hope I helped at least a bit.
    Can i ask how many calories you ate during recovery? Or are eating if you are still recovering, and how rapid the weightgain was? I am not seeing a specialist now, but I did when I first started recovery a year ago. The funny thing is that my specialist gave me a mealplan that was redicilously low in calories (she had no idea what she was doing, I can´t understand how she can work as a eatingdisorderspecialist) so it actually triggered me more than it helped me.. But now I am trying on my own with 3500kcal a day, but I am afraid that is far too much because it is 1000 more than she "gave" me..
    Reply With Quote

  21. #1281
    Registered User HypedAgg's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2017
    Posts: 35
    Rep Power: 0
    HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HypedAgg is offline
    Originally Posted by Tinytobig View Post
    Can i ask how many calories you ate during recovery? Or are eating if you are still recovering, and how rapid the weightgain was? I am not seeing a specialist now, but I did when I first started recovery a year ago. The funny thing is that my specialist gave me a mealplan that was redicilously low in calories (she had no idea what she was doing, I can´t understand how she can work as a eatingdisorderspecialist) so it actually triggered me more than it helped me.. But now I am trying on my own with 3500kcal a day, but I am afraid that is far too much because it is 1000 more than she "gave" me..
    I didn't aim for a certain amount of calories,tried to listen to my body,but counted them approximately.In the first month I consumed around 3000 daily,but keep in mind I didn't excercise at all.I gained from 54-55kg to 60,BUT after that month my appetite slowed down,and I started lightly lifting and consumed around ~2500 calories daily(once again,not because I aimed for it,because my body was hungry for around that number).Now 2 months after start of recovery my weight fluctuates from 57 to 61 kg,so I guess a lot of weight I gained was water,because I really can't see too much difference in body fat during ed and now.I'm still not fully recovered,I have disordered thoughts,don't have my libido yet,but overall I'm feeling better mentally and physically.
    Reply With Quote

  22. #1282
    Registered User HypedAgg's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2017
    Posts: 35
    Rep Power: 0
    HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HypedAgg is offline
    Originally Posted by Tinytobig View Post
    Can i ask how many calories you ate during recovery? Or are eating if you are still recovering, and how rapid the weightgain was? I am not seeing a specialist now, but I did when I first started recovery a year ago. The funny thing is that my specialist gave me a mealplan that was redicilously low in calories (she had no idea what she was doing, I can´t understand how she can work as a eatingdisorderspecialist) so it actually triggered me more than it helped me.. But now I am trying on my own with 3500kcal a day, but I am afraid that is far too much because it is 1000 more than she "gave" me..
    I can upload a pic of how my body looks after ~2 months of eating 2500-3500 calories with barely any exercise,if that would make you feel safer.Just to show that it won't make you completely fat.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #1283
    Registered User Tinytobig's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Age: 23
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tinytobig is offline
    Originally Posted by HypedAgg View Post
    I can upload a pic of how my body looks after ~2 months of eating 2500-3500 calories with barely any exercise,if that would make you feel safer.Just to show that it won't make you completely fat.

    That would be great man! Thank you
    Reply With Quote

  24. #1284
    Registered User HypedAgg's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2017
    Posts: 35
    Rep Power: 0
    HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HypedAgg is offline
    Originally Posted by Tinytobig View Post
    That would be great man! Thank you
    I'm still skinny,and I only joined a gym yesterday,thus my physique isn't great.Just want to show you that not exercising and/or eating more for some time won't make you fat immediately.
    Attached Images
    Reply With Quote

  25. #1285
    Registered User Tinytobig's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Age: 23
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinytobig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tinytobig is offline
    Originally Posted by HypedAgg View Post
    I'm still skinny,and I only joined a gym yesterday,thus my physique isn't great.Just want to show you that not exercising and/or eating more for some time won't make you fat immediately.
    Wow, you actually look pretty much like me and I am working out so much 😅Keep up the good work!
    Reply With Quote

  26. #1286
    Registered User HypedAgg's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2017
    Posts: 35
    Rep Power: 0
    HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50) HypedAgg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HypedAgg is offline
    Originally Posted by Tinytobig View Post
    Wow, you actually look pretty much like me and I am working out so much Keep up the good work!
    Thanks,good luck in your recovery journey.I know how difficult it is to beat the disorder alone,so if you have any more questions/experiences,just leave them here !
    Reply With Quote

  27. #1287
    Registered User MosToorani's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Age: 32
    Posts: 1,208
    Rep Power: 7112
    MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000)
    MosToorani is offline
    I'm 90% sure that the following is not ED related but I thought I'd share and maybe someone can relate to this?

    Sometimes I play FUTURE scenarios in my head and I get pi$$ed off because the FUTURE scenario playing in my head isn't going my way! Then I just calm myself down by telling myself that this isn't real and wtf am I doing?!

    I haven't had these distorted thoughts in the past .. So I thought I'd share and maybe someone can relate and advice?

    Cheers!

    MT
    Instagram: Mos_Toorani
    Reply With Quote

  28. #1288
    Spicy Big Dad AfroPope's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2013
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States
    Posts: 5,709
    Rep Power: 32095
    AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    AfroPope is offline
    lord almighty do I hate seeing kids posting **** here that's indicative of an ED and people gassing them up about it.
    ***THE AFRO POPE: "The Man Who Never Gets Mad Online"***
    Reply With Quote

  29. #1289
    Registered User MosToorani's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Age: 32
    Posts: 1,208
    Rep Power: 7112
    MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000)
    MosToorani is offline
    Originally Posted by AfroPope View Post
    lord almighty do I hate seeing kids posting **** here that's indicative of an ED and people gassing them up about it.
    What do you mean?
    Instagram: Mos_Toorani
    Reply With Quote

  30. #1290
    Spicy Big Dad AfroPope's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2013
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States
    Posts: 5,709
    Rep Power: 32095
    AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    AfroPope is offline
    Sorry, that might be regional slang. It means encouraging or enabling them.

    There's an absolute ****show in the Supps forum right now where a kid is basically OD'ing on preworkout to compensate for the lack of energy he has from being on a PSMF for months and months and company reps are like "try this, it's stronger"
    ***THE AFRO POPE: "The Man Who Never Gets Mad Online"***
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts