Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73
Results 2,161 to 2,168 of 2168
    AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hercules666 View Post
    As I said, not bad, proper term would be poor

Trust me, during my forced hospitalization and being inpatient for close to 6 months I've had my fair share of therapy for my eating disorder
    OK then, explain to me how restricting someone's food choices based on 'poorness' is helpful in treating a restrictive disorder then.

You plan on fixing an obsession with restriction, with MORE restriction?

When someone reaches a certain low bodyweight, literally ANYTHING that causes weight gain is a good idea, much like anyone who is morbidly obese will automatically be healthier as soon as they do something that causes them to LOSE weight.

This is precisely why a 400lb person can see massive improvements to their blood work and general health even if they persist on twinkies... if they drop 100+ pounds, they're healthier so matter what.

If someone is underweight, the same thing works in reverse. More weight = better hormones, better digestion, better sleep, better everything, until they are fully weight-restored.

Not to mention the mental aspect of restriction and breaking free of the stupid dogmatic BS you're talking about.

I suspect your therapy did not fix your issues, otherwise you wouldn't say this kind of crap.
    Why live a 'good' life when you could live an EPIC life?

hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    OK then, explain to me how restricting someone's food choices based on 'poorness' is helpful in treating a restrictive disorder then.

You plan on fixing an obsession with restriction, with MORE restriction?

When someone reaches a certain low bodyweight, literally ANYTHING that causes weight gain is a good idea, much like anyone who is morbidly obese will automatically be healthier as soon as they do something that causes them to LOSE weight.

This is precisely why a 400lb person can see massive improvements to their blood work and general health even if they persist on twinkies... if they drop 100+ pounds, they're healthier so matter what.

If someone is underweight, the same thing works in reverse. More weight = better hormones, better digestion, better sleep, better everything, until they are fully weight-restored.

Not to mention the mental aspect of restriction and breaking free of the stupid dogmatic BS you're talking about.

I suspect your therapy did not fix your issues, otherwise you wouldn't say this kind of crap.
    My take on food choices discussed was purely in terms of physical health, when you are really underweight and malnourished you should aim for high quality nutrient dense whole foods in order to repair the physical damage in your body and not to rely on junk food in oder to do that

Mental health is a different aspect and often will be started to tackle once the individual has reached a slightly healthier BMI (15 in here)

Before that, it was all about fixing the physical damage with real food and nutrients

AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My take on food choices discussed was purely in terms of physical health, when you are really underweight and malnourished you should aim for high quality nutrient dense whole foods in order to repair the physical damage in your body and not to rely on junk food in oder to do that

Mental health is a different aspect and often will be started to tackle once the individual has reached a slightly healthier BMI (15 in here)

Before that, it was all about fixing the physical damage with real food and nutrients
    Your statements do not negate the priority of weight GAIN being #1.

The #1 MOST IMPORTANT THING is gaining weight.

When you're underweight, gaining the weight is #1. Did I ever say eat ONLY ice cream? Only cereal? No...

They can eat whatever they want. Cereal is often a fortified food, ice cream is delicious, and if someone is simply struggling to fit in calories, the #1 priority is CALORIES... not vitamins and fiber.

The fact that you use words like 'junk food' is really not good for this thread. You're not helping anyone.

And yeah, mental health is different, but you know what else? Mental changes take time, physical changes can be had very quickly by simply gaining weight, so if someone has an ED and it'll take them 6+ months to physical gain 10lb on your 'healthy foods' vs 1-2 months on my 'junk foods', they better start eating junk foods and not waste 4-5 months in further malnourishment because they think like you do.

Plenty of research has shown that longterm outcomes are BETTER in people who gain weight back faster, even the Minnesota Starvation Experiment showed this.

hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hercules666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your statements do not negate the priority of weight GAIN being #1.

The #1 MOST IMPORTANT THING is gaining weight.

When you're underweight, gaining the weight is #1. Did I ever say eat ONLY ice cream? Only cereal? No...

They can eat whatever they want. Cereal is often a fortified food, ice cream is delicious, and if someone is simply struggling to fit in calories, the #1 priority is CALORIES... not vitamins and fiber.

The fact that you use words like 'junk food' is really not good for this thread. You're not helping anyone.

And yeah, mental health is different, but you know what else? Mental changes take time, physical changes can be had very quickly by simply gaining weight, so if someone has an ED and it'll take them 6+ months to physical gain 10lb on your 'healthy foods' vs 1-2 months on my 'junk foods', they better start eating junk foods and not waste 4-5 months in further malnourishment because they think like you do.

Plenty of research has shown that longterm outcomes are BETTER in people who gain weight back faster, even the Minnesota Starvation Experiment showed this.
    Why would one gain weight back faster with less nutrients vs more ?

And your theory about getting to a healthy weight range as soon as possible, why aren't you there yet? I recall you saying you are still underweight and have been so for quite a while and you have an adamant opinion about reaching healthy weight as fast as possible so may I ask why not practice what you preach?

That is given you are still underweight, if not then sorry

Why would one gain weight back faster with less nutrients vs more ?

And your theory about getting to a healthy weight range as soon as possible, why aren't you there yet? I recall you saying you are still underweight and have been so for quite a while and you have an adamant opinion about reaching healthy weight as fast as possible so may I ask why not practice what you preach?

That is given you are still underweight, if not then sorry
    You don't know what I weigh, and neither do i. I haven't weighed myself in a bit.

Nice personal, ad hominem attack tho. You're quite a wealth of information.

Try using Google to find the information you need... it's out there.

Best of luck, i'm done providing information.

You don't know what I weigh, and neither do i. I haven't weighed myself in a bit.

Nice personal, ad hominem attack tho. You're quite a wealth of information.

Try using Google to find the information you need... it's out there.

Best of luck, i'm done providing information.
    Well good for you if you are suddenly in the healthy weight range

Just wondering why did you stay underweight for so long given you know it's a must for a underweight person to gain the weight back asap even if that meant gorging yourself with junk

I'm still on my way and I rely on real food
    Last edited by hercules666; 02-07-2019 at 04:00 AM.

TnGuy0083 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I thought I’d try to clarify my statement on ice cream.
    Seeing as I was the one who brought it up.

Obviously you wouldn’t want to just eat ice cream.
    You firstly want to eat nutrient rich foods. The ice cream would be the excess food.
    It should help you to achieve your surplus.

Personally, My ED was fueled by OCD also.
    I had a hard time even eating something different.
    Eating the same thing every day was NOT working. I was loosing weight.
    Then there was the issue of the quantity of food.
    The physical size of the food made my anxiety worse.

Ice cream is full of calories. And you really don’t have to eat a lot to get a lot of calories.
    And if you have had a really restrictive diet. You will know your stomach doesn’t handle large quantities of food at once. At least not mine. I would get cramps and feel nauseous after eating large meals.

I still don’t eat what one would call a full meal at once.
    I eat about 6 times a day. Although I am starting to eat 3 larger portions to try to get back to normal meal times.

ED sucks, All I can do is tell people what has worked for me.
    I wouldn’t want anyone to get as weak and in poor health as I did.
    It is really hard to recover from being underweight.
    I never would have NEVER thought gaining weight would be hard.

I don’t know all the answers. But I will do my best to help anyone struggling.
    I’m not an expert on nutrition and do claim to be, other wise I would not have got to where I was.

To anyone that had an ED, just know it is going to be hard to recover.
    But it can be done. Heck, I’m still in recovery and it’s still hard. But at least I feel a lot better.

Well good for you if you are suddenly in the healthy weight range

Just wondering why did you stay underweight for so long given you know it's a must for a underweight person to gain the weight back asap even if that meant gorging yourself with junk

I'm still on my way and I rely on real food
    That's like asking why someone smokes if they know it's bad for them.

I can't flip a switch and MAKE myself better, it takes time, things go up and down, life happens, etc. That being said, I am not the topic of discussion here.