Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3285
    DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DustinTheHuss View Post
    I've posted here before but here goes:

Hi!

I'm 51 years old and have cycled through anorexia, bulimia and compulsive overeating since I was 22 and went on Jenny Craig.

When I went to the eating disordered hospital in 2000 they had me gain 50 lbs in 3 months. I never got the weight off. Then I had a baby, lost the baby weight, but have gained more since then.

It has caused me severe anxiety to the point where now I'm taking psychiatric meds that also promote weight gain. I just saw my Dr. and she wants me to take a diabetes injection to help me lose the weight because now I'm starting to creep into pre-diabetes, but I'd have to sign up to that expensive medication forever!

What I want to do is lose the weight as I think it would help the anxiety go away, as I broke out in severe anxiety with the 50 lb weight gain.

I am following a book "French Women Don't Get Fat" as that helped me lose the 42 lbs of pregnancy weight in 2005, but now my cravings are making it tough to eat delicious food in moderation. Maybe I just need more willower.

I'm also in Overeaters Anonymous to perhaps help with the "willpower".

So between my sponsor, therapist, I fired my nutritionist as she promoted weight gain and body positivity and psychiatrist, hopefully I can lead a more successful life.

Any thoughts on losing fat?

I work out 6 days a week and alternate days of walking 3 miles or lifting 45 minutes.

I eat 2,000 calories a day and struggle with that. I get so hungry that it's tough to sleep.
    Calculating Calories and Macros - How To

That^ is the best nutrition advice I can give. Follow that as closely as you can and you should feel more satiated on 2,000 calories.

Make sure to drink enough water throughout the day.

Is your walking a daily thing? It should be... doesn't have to be a lot - a mile in the morning a mile later in the day. 10,000 steps is a good target, but you'd be okay with less, too. But consistency would be good there.

You only need to lift a few times a week - 45 minutes is sufficient, full body is a good idea - legs, chest, back - biggest muscle groups.

The anxiety and eating disorder are probably best handled from the psychological perspective by having a therapist or psychologist that specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and knows how to properly implement it, so be sure they really understand CBT - most will say they do when they may not. They should be giving you handouts to read and repeat daily.

DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DougyF7 View Post
    Calculating Calories and Macros - How To

That^ is the best nutrition advice I can give. Follow that as closely as you can and you should feel more satiated on 2,000 calories.

Make sure to drink enough water throughout the day.

Is your walking a daily thing? It should be... doesn't have to be a lot - a mile in the morning a mile later in the day. 10,000 steps is a good target, but you'd be okay with less, too. But consistency would be good there.

You only need to lift a few times a week - 45 minutes is sufficient, full body is a good idea - legs, chest, back - biggest muscle groups.

The anxiety and eating disorder are probably best handled from the psychological perspective by having a therapist or psychologist that specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and knows how to properly implement it, so be sure they really understand CBT - most will say they do when they may not. They should be giving you handouts to read and repeat daily.
    Thanks! I’m actually in DBT which is an enhanced version of CBT.
    Make It a Great Day! Just call me Dusty. It's a Clown 🤡 World out there.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Thanks! I’m actually in DBT which is an enhanced version of CBT.
    Sounds good!

stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stevowrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Quedtion, if not counting, how would I know if I’m hitting fats?

Also, did you guys get constipated when limiting cals or fats?

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by stevowrock View Post
    Quedtion, if not counting, how would I know if I’m hitting fats?

Also, did you guys get constipated when limiting cals or fats?
    If you're eating like a normal human being & eating enough cals, you'll naturally hit your fats. The minimums are VERY easy to hit with even a semi-reasonable diet.

As for the constipation, yes. Myself, and every other person I knew from the hospital was horribly constipated. It's caused by underrating calories in general. When I was undereating, it didn't mater how many fats or how much fiber I ate. I wasn't gonna go.

letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    If you're eating like a normal human being & eating enough cals, you'll naturally hit your fats. The minimums are VERY easy to hit with even a semi-reasonable diet.

As for the constipation, yes. Myself, and every other person I knew from the hospital was horribly constipated. It's caused by underrating calories in general. When I was undereating, it didn't mater how many fats or how much fiber I ate. I wasn't gonna go.
    gotchu thanks!
    question, what do you recommend to do for exercising that it's not lifting when it comes to gaining some muscles? I'm not motivated and I'm tired of lifting tbh.

Originally Posted by letsallmakeit View Post
    gotchu thanks!
    question, what do you recommend to do for exercising that it's not lifting when it comes to gaining some muscles? I'm not motivated and I'm tired of lifting tbh.
    Cardio (running, elliptical, sprints, etc) can help with muscle to some degree. Maybe make your lifting sessions something you enjoy and not a rigid routine.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by letsallmakeit View Post
    gotchu thanks!
    Sports or martial arts… anything which focuses on a goal that isn’t calorie burn.. personally I play golf, go bowling sometimes… etc. do it as a group.

Just avoid things you can use as an excuse to increase TDEE.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

xxangelxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im new here and i dont even know really if i should be here, but i dont know where else to go anymore. im stuck in the binge/restrict cycle and im overtraining to compensate for my late night binges but thats what makes me binge. im also in recovery for atypical anorexia which makes it hard because i have an irrational fear of weight gain even though i need to gain weight for my body to start functioning normally again. should i be taking anything like hydroxycut to compensate for binging? im already eating maybe enough during the day but for some reason i just binge at night and i absolutely hate it. any help or advice or general support is so appreciated, i feel like absolute **** right now. i tried making up a meal plan with my nutritionist but im so freaked out about gaining weight and overall im just so disorganized with everything right now.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xxangelxx View Post
    im also in recovery for atypical anorexia
    What do you mean "in recovery"? Are you actually gaining weight? Eating to your desired intake? If not... then... it's not really recovery

should i be taking anything like hydroxycut to compensate for binging?
    Obvious not... you said you need to gain weight anyway... see the contradiction?

im already eating maybe enough during the day but for some reason i just binge at night and i absolutely hate it.
    It's not a binge, this is called 'feast eating' or 'extreme hunger'. It's normal at this stage.

im so freaked out about gaining weight and overall im just so disorganized with everything right now.
    Get ready for more of it... you can't fix this without getting uncomfortable. Lean into the fear. Do what you know you have to.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hello ...
    If you or someone you know is struggling with an eating disorder, it's important to take action to get the help and support needed.
    Here are some action you take.

Talk to someone: The first step is to talk to someone about what you're going through. This could be a friend, family member, or healthcare professional. Don't be afraid to ask for help and support.

Seek professional help: Eating disorders are complex mental health conditions that often require professional treatment. Talk to your doctor or a mental health professional about getting the help you need.

Join a support group: Joining a support group can be a helpful way to connect with others who are going through similar struggles. There are many online and in-person support groups available.

Educate yourself: Educating yourself about eating disorders can help you understand what you're going through and how to manage it. There are many reputable resources available online and through healthcare professionals.

Practice self-care: Taking care of yourself is important when dealing with an eating disorder. This can include practicing mindfulness, getting enough sleep, and engaging in activities that you enjoy.

Remember, recovery from an eating disorder is possible with the right help and support. Don't be afraid to reach out for help and take action to get the support you need.

nunocunha56 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi guys , i will tell my story here :

Im 30 years old and i have been fat from 8 to 15 years , then i lost a lot of weight unil 23 years old , then o found bodybuilding and i start with a couch measuring everything , weighted all food , then my head start to think that with my lifstyle and work i cant been doing that for life .

Is where the problems begin, now i cant stay a day with weighted food , if o eat something that i think its not on a diet i feel bad , other days i eat lot but inside i say : tommorow i Will start a cut .

So this is very complicated .

DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I’ve been struggling with binge eating since I started Ozempic for weight loss. I had a bad binge Thursday night and this messes up with the weight I have lost so far.

I brought it up with my therapist yesterday but then we got sidetracked with other issues.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

I’ve been struggling with binge eating since I started Ozempic for weight loss. I had a bad binge Thursday night and this messes up with the weight I have lost so far.

I brought it up with my therapist yesterday but then we got sidetracked with other issues.
    That's interesting... are binge episodes a common issue on that substance?

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    That's interesting... are binge episodes a common issue on that substance?
    Actually for most people they find that they have reduced cravings for binge food on Ozempic.

It definitely reduces your appetite.

I’ve lost more weight since I posted that. It’s a pound a week, but enough to hopefully get me down to a healthy size.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew