Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

🎓 Online education: yay or nay?

By the time the average miscers kid is ready for college (and with the advancement of virtual reality), the concept of physically attending college for an education may sound astonishing to them. However, for right now there's still some question as to the quality and capability of these online educations.

For many working adults an online education can be a godsend, but my biggest hesitation at the moment is how well these online degrees will be received?

Some schools claim their diploma looks identical to the traditional schooling degree, so no one knows any difference. Is that the case with most schools, or do you think it will matters in credibility and/or with employers? HR?

CLIFF: Do people still look down on online degrees?
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's a murky question to answer.

Some managers/HR departments will not care where you received your degree from because it's just another check mark off their list. Whereas others will only hire applicants from reputable schools with a long standing history. As I am sure you can already guess by now, online schooling is a fairly new concept, and like you suggested, quality can be a concern. Cheating is another frequent problem from what I've seen.

Have you tried checking with your local universities to see if they offer online classes? I know most do.
    Kindness is all that matters in life

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Burgerbuger View Post
    It's a murky question to answer.

Some managers/HR departments will not care where you received your degree from because it's just another check mark off their list. Whereas others will only hire applicants from reputable schools with a long standing history. As I am sure you can already guess by now, online schooling is a fairly new concept, and like you suggested, quality can be a concern. Cheating is another frequent problem from what I've seen.

Have you tried checking with your local universities to see if they offer online classes? I know most do.
    In fact, my email is running over with their pestering sign up emails. I did recently get approved for an education grant, but it is time sensitive. The school of inquiry has a live webinar coming up next week, so I'm really looking for some direction/advice as to what questions I need to be asking.

At this point, I don't know enough about online degrees, or how they're received in the industries to ask the necessary questions.

I was hoping for someone with an online degree to tell me about any roadblocks, limitations, or pitfalls. Is it safe enough or still risky? What I really want to know is does the diploma say online or is it in the transcripts? I need to make a decision soon.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    from what I've seen you can get an online degree from some reputable schools these days.
    "There are some who do not fear death for they are more afraid of really living."-Ancient proverb

Between the buried and me

bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yay!

It's unfortunate that today you can order almost everything online, pay almost all bills online, some companies even conduct video interviews online, but you try to get an education online and people Bert stare or don't respect you!

I'm currently enrolled in a masters degree online. This isn't some crappy everyone gets a degree program. This is a legit real school that are offering an online distance option. I could pack my bags and move to the school's campus and do my classes there. But I'm miles miles away saving money on room and food. Others in the class are in the same boat too. Also I have to be around the family and help out right now. Plus I work so this helps and it's flexible.

LIMITATIONS :
    Mostly social. I got my undergrad while being at the campus. You could see people, talk to people, find people to eat with at dinning halls, and of course sloots to get your dink wet. If you needed help you could walk into some tutoring center, get your essay looked over. Online you don't have that socializing luxury. Most online program will have an open forum where students are required to discuss the week's material. About 2 posts are mandated and you lose points for being a dick. But you can tell a bulk of the kids are really just writing sh**t like "Oh yes Bromi, good points. I agree". If we were face to face the discussions could be better. But I've also sat in actual classrooms where no one bothered to speak. Networking is another huge part of school. During undergrad most of the bio majors knew each other, so kids would pass down old exams, kids were mostly premeds so you felt a bond that you were all struggling together to get into med school. Online classes you're just too far to make that connection. There's an introduce yourself thread but not much networking unless someone says they are enjoying engineer or something then you private message them on the side? These can be overcome. If you need help, ask the teacher in advance before the assignment is due. And message one of your classmates without asking directly for the answer so you don't get accused of trying to cheat.

My diploma will NOT say online. It will say University of "Whereever Bromioso is getting his degree from". I can go there and walk in the ceremony or just have them mail it to me. Transcript only has name of class, semester taken, and grade. The only time you see "web" is in your schedule when it says what room & building the class will meet in.

Overall, I'm glad I'm doing this online. I basically work two jobs and I don't have to physically be present in a classroom. I have roughly 2 weeks between assignments so I plan my time around there.

Boyo, I'm not doing crossword puzzles and playing bingo. These professors are real, the assignments require critical thinking, I'll be writing research papers and will be using references, etc. Level of difficulty is no different than what I experienced when I was in undergrad. And I know things will get harder as I move on up into the level 500s... for one of my requirements for the degree, I have to attend some events. Also I plan my program and concentration with a real advisor!

For reference - I'm doing Environmental Science.

I'm on mobile and I'm in a hurry. I'll try to get yyou some pics of paste some of the syllabi when I get home later.

every day people make it seem I'm not going to a "real". Will just lol when I get my masters and these cucks are still stuck with their bachelor's.

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think online degrees have the same reputation as online dating has. It works for some people, but for the most part I think most people are going to have better luck in person.

I'm a very visual person when it comes to dating and taking online classes. I need to see the girls facial expressions, the way she handles situations, her confidence, the way she carries herself. The same goes for my professors. I don't want to read a power point and stare at a screen all day. I need to have some inspiration or see a teacher talk passionately about a subject. I value the interaction that comes with doing things in person.

The social skills you acquire in college and networking capabilities are skills and attributes that people don't realize until it's too late. You can't really put a dollar amount on this, but at the end of the day the college creates value with this. Now when it comes to online classes...it's partly why you see awkward 30 yo girls on tinder and bumble with no friends in their pictures where it looks like their face has an issue with cracking a real smile. It's like they've never done it before.

It's the same reason I'll never get behind virtual reality. I can afford to do the real thing, so that's the life I'm going to live. I can better assess a situation in person, and that goes for just about anything.

If an online degree or online gaming is how you want to live your life, by all means go for it. But I find value in the way I'm doing life.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My dad just finished his online MBA from a legit brick and mortar school in the US. He'll be walking for graduation in May. Was very challenging for him considering he works in medicine right now. Like a poster above said, discussion boards suck compared to what you could get from face-face interaction, but the assignments can be just as if not more challenging.

As for your Cliff question: As long as it's not from a for profit school or some random directional school, then no.
    Oakland Raiders--Toronto Raptors--Toronto Blue Jays--San Jose Sharks
    UNC Tarheels--FSU Seminoles

Fresh BVB 09 Supporter

Canadian Crew

5'3" 300lbs Fudge Rounds Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The real reason to get an education is to learn, not just get through class and get a piece of paper to hang on your wall. The question is which one will you learn the most? There is a lot to sort out here. The right answer for one person may not be for the other. Honestly I think you will learn more with direct hands on type interaction, but you don't need that on everything. Once you get the job it will be all about your abilities and what you know.

bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000) bromioso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dre4 View Post
    My dad just finished his online MBA from a legit brick and mortar school in the US. He'll be walking for graduation in May. Was very challenging for him considering he works in medicine right now. Like a poster above said, discussion boards suck compared to what you could get from face-face interaction, but the assignments can be just as if not more challenging.

As for your Cliff question: As long as it's not from a for profit school or some random directional school, then no.
    Rep your dad for me irl, would yuh? My old man keeps talking about going to school but then always follows it with excuses and who will pay his bills when he goes etc etc... mirrin what you dad did. Srs. What branch of medicine is he in?

On r/c, will get you tmw...

Originally Posted by Jasonw1178 View Post
    The real reason to get an education is to learn, not just get through class and get a piece of paper to hang on your wall. The question is which one will you learn the most? There is a lot to sort out here. The right answer for one person may not be for the other. Honestly I think you will learn more with direct hands on type interaction, but you don't need that on everything. Once you get the job it will be all about your abilities and what you know.
    Direct hands on itrxn? Nothing replaces actually being out there in the field and working, Jason. But online schools have found ways around this. Like I said, down the line in my program, I'll be required to attend some events and write a out the experience. Somebody might be required to get x amount of hours doing something,.have it signed off and mailed in to their program advisor. Some science prerequisite classes for medical school are online and you buy the lab kit so you can do the laboratory component at home. It's just that online learning is a new concept and people haven't fully accepted it yet. Give it time and see.... also consider how many people talk about how extremely helpful Khan Academy.

After you get the job, your willingness to put in some time outside of work to get good at what you do might also be a factor. A lot to people I know that are really good at what they do also put in many hours into mastering what they do.

Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bromioso View Post
    Rep your dad for me irl, would yuh? My old man keeps talking about going to school but then always follows it with excuses and who will pay his bills when he goes etc etc... mirrin what you dad did. Srs. What branch of medicine is he in?

On r/c, will get you tmw...
    He's been repped more times than I can count lol. He's worked as an OB/GYN for about 30 years and been doubling as a healthcare administrator in the local health system for the past 10. He's hoping to get out of delivering kids within the next year and get into medical consulting or at the very least be an administrator at a place where he can be paid more.
    Oakland Raiders--Toronto Raptors--Toronto Blue Jays--San Jose Sharks
    UNC Tarheels--FSU Seminoles

Fresh BVB 09 Supporter

Canadian Crew

Snakin down your chimney InVentive44's Avatar
    InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a college diploma in land reclamation ( environmental). I wanted to get an undergraduate degree without going to school for 2-4 years. I found an online university that offers my program on my schedule.. I also work in my industry it's a win win man! Making money and continuing education! You just have to manage your time well and be disciplined.

Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bromioso View Post
    Direct hands on itrxn? Nothing replaces actually being out there in the field and working, Jason. But online schools have found ways around this. Like I said, down the line in my program, I'll be required to attend some events and write a out the experience. Somebody might be required to get x amount of hours doing something,.have it signed off and mailed in to their program advisor. Some science prerequisite classes for medical school are online and you buy the lab kit so you can do the laboratory component at home. It's just that online learning is a new concept and people haven't fully accepted it yet. Give it time and see.... also consider how many people talk about how extremely helpful Khan Academy.

After you get the job, your willingness to put in some time outside of work to get good at what you do might also be a factor. A lot to people I know that are really good at what they do also put in many hours into mastering what they do.
    Repped for good response and info. I didn't know that. Hands on, in the field work is the best way to learn. I think that the traditional 4yr program is outdated. It would be better to do a semester on, a semester working. So yes, it might take 8 years to get a BA but you'll have the experience to back it up, and you'll be at the level where a BA will actually help. Most of all you'll learn to apply what you learn as well as retain more of what you learn.

Jesusfreak1978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jesusfreak1978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jesusfreak1978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jesusfreak1978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jesusfreak1978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jesusfreak1978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jesusfreak1978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jesusfreak1978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jesusfreak1978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jesusfreak1978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jesusfreak1978 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thought I'd hop in here. I have a BS in Psychology and graduated from an online school. I have gotten two good paying jobs with it. Nobody cares. As long as the school is regionally accredited and not national, is good. Granted, Some schools carry more clout than others Harvard etc. But by and large it doesn't matter (in my experience anyways.)

BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jesusfreak1978 View Post
    thought I'd hop in here. I have a BS in Psychology and graduated from an online school. I have gotten two good paying jobs with it. Nobody cares. As long as the school is regionally accredited and not national, is good. Granted, Some schools carry more clout than others Harvard etc. But by and large it doesn't matter (in my experience anyways.)
    Off topic, but what jobs have you found with your BS in Psych? Do you have a Master's as well? I am graduating soon with my BS in Psych as well. I want to go to grad school a few years down the line, but I want to gain work experience for a few years first.

Wafae will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wafae will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wafae will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wafae will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wafae will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wafae will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wafae will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wafae will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wafae will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wafae will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wafae will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It depends on which class.
    I have been taking only online classes for the last year considering the fact that I am working a full time position as a programmer/web developer. Online classes can be very convenient as in not having to attend physical classes. But they can be a lot more work imo
    Personally, I would not take hardcore science classes such as higher maths or physics online. That's why I am keeping those classes for next year, and I am only focusing on the art/social sciences for now.

Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Online classes are good... Online colleges are not.

Assuming you go to a real school your diploma will look the same.

Simply put some classes can EASILY be taught online. Others just don't work online.
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Only if the degree granting school is a reputable non-profit. And don't put on your CV that its an online degree. Just list the university like any other.

For example, UNC MBA is a top 20 business program that offers distance learning.

From the Strayer/Phoenix types? Those degrees will actually hurt your CV srs.
    ---
    ---
    Aware Thread: You know you can TRIPLE the Chipotle Bowl, right?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168524803

S&P crew
    CollegeTrad.com - "A young man's perspective on timeless and youthful style"

AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Plenty of mainstream schools (USC, ASU, Cal Berkley, Stanford are the ones I know for sure) offer 100% online degrees that are SUPER easy to get into. They basically are as easy to get into as the University of Pheonix type schools, but they give you a degree from a legit college everyone knows.

I've looked into USC the most, and I know their online only degrees come from exactly the same place as their on campus degrees. No one will know the difference. Sure, it takes a little more application time because they're not just 100% after your money, but it took me like 30 minutes to put together my application. I'd look into that before going to the online only schools.
    "If in my say 80 years on earth I do more help than damage, then I feel complete."

"I feel grateful every day I wake up, I know I’m already on borrowed time"

-Snailsrus aka Lauren Kelly RIP

************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* ********** ************************* ******* BuildUpNow's Avatar
    BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuildUpNow has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    HR will look down on online degrees but honestly it won't be a detriment. If the job specifies a particular degree and you have that from an accredited university then you'll be fine. That just fulfills basic requirements. You'll be judge on other factors and unless it's really close between you and another candidate then it's not likely to be a determining factor.
    wait wut

DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AgRyan View Post
    Plenty of mainstream schools (USC, ASU, Cal Berkley, Stanford are the ones I know for sure) offer 100% online degrees that are SUPER easy to get into. They basically are as easy to get into as the University of Pheonix type schools, but they give you a degree from a legit college everyone knows.

I've looked into USC the most, and I know their online only degrees come from exactly the same place as their on campus degrees. No one will know the difference. Sure, it takes a little more application time because they're not just 100% after your money, but it took me like 30 minutes to put together my application. I'd look into that before going to the online only schools.
    Dude USC is STUPID expensive, $5500 per 3 credit hours? Phuck that, thats $70k for a basic masters degree, no thx jeff

AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DrFeeIGood View Post
    Dude USC is STUPID expensive, $5500 per 3 credit hours? Phuck that, thats $70k for a basic masters degree, no thx jeff
    It's a private school.... so yeah. Also, their online only programs are significantly cheaper.
    "If in my say 80 years on earth I do more help than damage, then I feel complete."

"I feel grateful every day I wake up, I know I’m already on borrowed time"

-Snailsrus aka Lauren Kelly RIP

studybytech01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

CA Foundation Syllabus 2020

ICAI CA Foundation Syllabus for June 2020
    Students looking for CA Foundation Syllabus can download it from the given page. Here we are sharing with you CA Foundation Syllabus for June 2020 in PDF Format. Also, download the study material for CA Foundation for June 2020 with the given link.

CA Foundation Syllabus June 2020
    PAPER – 1: PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF ACCOUNTING

There are 10 Chapter in paper 1 in CA Foundation Syllabus June 2020
    1.)Theoretical Framework
    2.)Accounting Process
    3.)Bank Reconciliation Statement
    4.)Inventories
    5.)Concept and Accounting of Depreciation
    6.)Accounting for Special Transactions
    7.)Final Accounts of Sole Proprietors
    8.)Partnership Accounts
    9.)Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organizations
    10.)Introduction to Company Accounts

PAPER – 2: BUSINESS LAWS AND BUSINESS CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTING
    They are two Section in Paper 2 in CA Foundation Syllabus June 2020

SECTION A: BUSINESS LAWS (60 MARKS)
    1.)The Indian Contract Act, 1872
    2.)The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
    3.)The Indian Partnership Act, 1932
    4.)The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
    5.)The Companies Act, 2013

SECTION B: BUSINESS CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTING (MARKS 40)
    Part – I: Communication
    Part – II: Sentence Types and Word Power
    Sentence Types (Direct-Indirect, Active -Passive Speech)
    Vocabulary Root Words, Synonyms, Antonyms, Prefixes, Suffixes), Phrasal verbs, Collocations, and Idioms.
    Part – III: Comprehension Passages and Note Making
    Comprehension Passages
    Note Making
    Part – IV: Developing Writing Skills
    Introduction to Basic Writing
    Précis Writing
    Article Writing
    Report Writing
    Writing Formal Letters
    Writing Formal Mails
    Resume Writing
    Meetings
    PAPER –3: BUSINESS MATHEMATICS, LOGICAL REASONING, AND STATISTICS
    They are divided into Three Parts in Paper 3 in CA Foundation Syllabus June 2020

Part – A. Business Mathematics (40 Marks)
    1.)Ratio and Proportion, Indices and Logarithms
    2.)Equations and Matrices
    3.)Linear Inequalities with Objective Functions and Optimization w.r.t. objective function.
    4.)Time value of Money
    5.)Permutations and Combinations
    6.)Sequence and Series
    7.)Sets, Relations, and Functions
    8.)Basic applications of Differential and Integral calculus

Part – B: Logical Reasoning (20 Marks)
    1.)Number series, Coding, and Decoding and the odd man out
    2.)Direction Tests
    3.)Seating Arrangements
    4.)Blood Relations
    5.)Syllogism

Part – C: Statistics (40 Marks)
    1.)The statistical description of Data
    2.)Measures of Central tendency and Dispersion
    3.)Probability
    4.)Theoretical Distributions
    5.)Correlation and Regression
    6.)Index Numbers and Time Series

PAPER – 4: BUSINESS ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS AND
    COMMERCIAL KNOWLEDGE
    They are divided into Two Parts in Paper 4 in CA Foundation Syllabus June 2020

PART I: BUSINESS ECONOMICS (60 Marks)
    1.)Introduction to Business Economics
    2.)Theory of Demand and Supply
    3.)Theory of Production and Cost
    4.)Price Determination in Different Markets
    5.)Business Cycles

PART – II: BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL KNOWLEDGE (40 MARKS)
    1.)Business and Commercial Knowledge – An Introduction
    2.)Business Environment
    3.)Business Organizations
    4.)Government Policies for Business Growth
    5.)Organizations Facilitating Business
    6.)Common Business Terminologies

CA Parag Gupta is one of the pioneers in teaching industry for CA Final Costing and is considered as best faculty in on-going scenario of coaching for CA Final Costing (New course as well as Old course) . Parag Gupta always considered as the student’s first recommendation.

Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sorry to be providing a wishy-washy answer, but it depends.

Many online degrees aren't worth the paper they are printed on. They just have the students read or watch the video and parrot back the answers to the canned test. I know a couple people who have these and I wonder how (or if) they filled out the application forms by themselves. Yet some people with the same degrees will do fine. But this isn't because of the degree, it's because they are intelligent people who apply themselves.

If you are going to invest in an online education, let me reiterate what some posters above have said. Get a degree from a real school that has a "distance learning focus," not a for-profit institution that is seeking to make money off people's ignorance (pun very much intended).

Some online degrees are still looked down on. If you are somewhere where you can get a degree from a physical school - that's usually a better option. But not always. If the field is highly competitive and there are more people than jobs in the field it's a way to winnow down the pool. But if the field is short on people with "Qualification XYZ," then the online version will be considered.

"Your one f*ck fantasy" Shortfuze's Avatar
    Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can take a look at this site. It shows reviews for popular online schools.
    https://www.onlinedegreereviews.org/
    *Simplicity is the key to life*

Thanks ZBlacktt for the mod rep!
    Thanks ForumSentinel for the admin rep!
    Thanks Gxp23 for the mod rep!
    Thanks 400LB Gorilla for the mod rep!
    Thanks CountryMike for admin rep!
    Thanks Nics1246 for mod rep!

I got married on August 24, 2013!!
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do you guys think about WGU and Phoenix University?

Getting a piece of paper that says you have an education is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Are you learning the what you need to know in order to aquire the skills you are seeking to know? Once you are out in the real world, nobody cares how you learned it or where you learned it. All they care about is if you have it or you don't. With that being said, can you learn everything online as you could being there 1 on 1 or in person to the instructor/teacher/professor? Although in some cases I'm sure the answer is yes, in most cases I would say no.

Barcode120x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Barcode120x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Barcode120x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Barcode120x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Barcode120x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Barcode120x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Barcode120x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Barcode120x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Barcode120x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Barcode120x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Barcode120x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DoragonKingu View Post
    What do you guys think about WGU and Phoenix University?
    I don't necessarily know the credibility behind WGU, but it is a popular online school or getting a BSN (bachelor's in nursing) here in southern CA. Another popular school is Arlington Texas school. Several of my colleagues have gotten their BSN there. Those of us nurses know the obtaining a BSN can be done anywhere and it doesn't really matter where you get it...unless you are a brand new nurse that got your degree from West Coast University. That in itself is a whole new topic/story. Anyways, this thread is a few years old, but still definitely applicable especially in the year of covid. The question whether online degrees are equivalent or just as good as an on-campus degree just depends on what degree one is getting.

Nowadays, getting a degree is more of a standard when applying for a job, but it is not necessarily always a requirement. What speaks more is your experience (if any), who you know (networking), and how well you can sell yourself in the interview.
    "Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

"Ask, and it will be given; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened."

RN crew.

dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IMO nobody gives a chit about your degree unless you are going into a highly competitive field. I've sat on so many review boards and the degree just gets you past HR/checks the box/automated screening. I've sat on so many interview/review boards and where the degree came from has never factored into any of them.

edit: strong bump

Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My doctor, a highly successful, well educated, respected community member, flatly told me that online learning doesn't work, last time I saw her.
    ...and according to which an ensign might rank incomparably higher than a general, and according to which what was needed for success in the service was not effort or work, or courage, or perseverance, but only the knowledge of how to get on with those who can grant rewards, and he was himself often surprised at the rapidity of his success, and at the inability of others to understand these things