TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Small routine change, big change in feel

I'm only 2 months into a changing my lifestyle...started at 6'4'' 330...now i'm 293. I cannot believe the change so far and muscle that I can actually see. My wife has unknowingly ran her hands up and down my arms/shoulders...feels great to have that happen. Here's my routine evolution:
    First few weeks: MWF = Push, pull, push with cardio HIIT on tues thursday and reg cardio on sat...day off sunday

This worked great to get me in there and interested in it again. I felt though as if I could be doing a little more and after coming here to the forums knew I had to add legs if I wanted to drop some lbs.

Next few weeks: Day1 - Chest, tri's, Shoulders
    Day2- Bi's, back (had skipped that first few weeks), traps/lats
    Day 3 - Legs, hiit on elliptical.
    Day 4 - OFF.

Recent few weeks: Same as before but added "normal" cardio on days 1 and 2 after i lift. Like a 20 -30 minute program that's not over doing it. I feel like it helps a lot...even though I'm tired at the end of lifting the cardio kind of lifts me up a little bit. I simply cannot say how crazy the squats and other leg stuff is. Even when i played D1 college baseball i never lifted legs...Squats just blow me away. the day of rest is a must after that. Feel like i'm over that hump of getting in there to workout. And i'm 100% over the late night eating and crap eating I was doing. I'm not 100% on point with the diet but it's so much better than before. I find myself not worrying about calories as much as i am about nutrition. I flat out can't do much in the gym if i don't have a good day eating.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    People who are out of shape don't realize how good it can feel after a few months of training, around the eight week mark of consistency is when you'll really start feeling the health benefits. I find this to be especially true of former athletes, been there!!! Don't get caught up in weightlifting ADD and stick with what you're doing since it's working. At your size and history of training, you are far better off to continue with a consistent three day push/pull and cardio. Trust the process. Remember, you're not an athlete anymore, you're a beginner again, but you can go back to athlete in due time after paying your dues from so much inactivity Good luck!

TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TommyDigital13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    People who are out of shape don't realize how good it can feel after a few months of training, around the eight week mark of consistency is when you'll really start feeling the health benefits. I find this to be especially true of former athletes, been there!!! Don't get caught up in weightlifting ADD and stick with what you're doing since it's working. At your size and history of training, you are far better off to continue with a consistent three day push/pull and cardio. Trust the process. Remember, you're not an athlete anymore, you're a beginner again, but you can go back to athlete in due time after paying your dues from so much inactivity Good luck!
    Yeah it's nuts how you feel glimpses of how you used to be. There really is so much of a range in emotion. Like clothes fitting differently, or booths at diners being comfortable again...then sometimes you get that glimpse of yourself sideways in a mirror and you want to puke...lol. One really cool thing is my 6 year old son. I'm a good dad...but at 330 and lethargic you just can't be who you could be. He is in my garage "working out" with me every time i'm in there. We bought him a small trampoline and he even loves to climb on the elliptical. Hell, I even love when he just sits on the trampoline while i work out...His teacher emailed us last week to say he shared with the class that he works out with dad and that his dad could lift anyone in the class...lol. When I started it was all about "oh ****...i'm a mess...how could i have gotten this bad". Now, about 8 weeks in...it's "I can't wait to see what i can do in a few months".