Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    It would be mate but i have to be honest, I have been way to lax with calorie counting recently.

Weigh in today, week 61

Start weight - 22 stone 1 lb

Last week Weigh in - 15 stone 9.5lbs

Current weight - 15 stone 9lbs

Total Loss to date - 88.75lb

Back to where I was 2 weeks ago...

been trying to do some 6 rep workouts where i can fit them in after work, dont seem to be gaining strength - but did pull a new PR for deadlift and thats 150kg, not alot for many but its the most I have personally lifted. Not using straps so its my grip thats failing first, also use double overhand grip. Feels good to have lifted it but also feel my strength levels are low for how long I have been lifting now. I guess I have never had a mass building stage or ever run at a calorie excess so may be somewhat limited. my OHP sucks, my Row sucks, My bench-press is mediocre but probably my best lift at 36kg dumbbells' x 6

im 38 next month, not old by any stretch of the imagination but also feel like i need to be building mass pretty soon as it does not get any easier... Debating a more severe cut,, lose a couple more stone and then swap to mass building, even if i lost some muscle there would be muscle memory right? hmm..
    Have followed this log for a while and first I just wanted to say how insanely inspiring your fat loss progress is!

Concerning mass gaining I think you are recomping and adding muscle, adding 12.5 kg in a month on the deadlift is very impressive and I think that suggests you are gaining muscle. In general my rule of thumb is that if my main lifts are going up it means I am building muscle whether I am in a calorie surplus or not.

You probably still have more than enough body fat to fuel muscle gain, so recomping should still be possible for a long time.

For gaining as much mass as possible a possible strategy is to eat in a small deficit, small enough that you can progress strength wise and large enough that you will still lose fat.

I personally switched from a «cut» (losing a pound a week) to a recomp (losing less than 2 pounds a month) in December last year and I was progressing on my lifts until I hit about 17-18% BF in April and had to switch to maintenance to keep progressing. So maybe that would be a viable approach for you as well?

I had been cutting for almost a year going from about 230-235 lbs and when I switched to a smaller deficit after a so long time in a large deficit it honestly felt like I got a new period of «newbie gains».
    Last edited by EiFit91; 05-26-2021 at 11:32 AM.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Completely agree with eifit91 as usual. You could definitely turn this into more of a recomp. Your 36kg dumbbells for 6 on the bench and 150kg deadlifts are very decent mate. If you could continue to add to them while slowly losing weight then youre going to be in a great place at the end of all this. Would also love to see you logging more of your workouts in this log. Genuinely enjoyed following you through this journey and looking forward to see where you get to in the end

rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It would be mate but i have to be honest, I have been way to lax with calorie counting recently.

Weigh in today, week 61

Current weight - 15 stone 9lbs

Back to where I was 2 weeks ago...

been trying to do some 6 rep workouts where i can fit them in after work, dont seem to be gaining strength - but did pull a new PR for deadlift and thats 150kg, not alot for many but its the most I have personally lifted. Not using straps so its my grip thats failing first, also use double overhand grip. Feels good to have lifted it but also feel my strength levels are low for how long I have been lifting now. I guess I have never had a mass building stage or ever run at a calorie excess so may be somewhat limited. my OHP sucks, my Row sucks, My bench-press is mediocre but probably my best lift at 36kg dumbbells' x 6

im 38 next month, not old by any stretch of the imagination but also feel like i need to be building mass pretty soon as it does not get any easier... Debating a more severe cut,, lose a couple more stone and then swap to mass building, even if i lost some muscle there would be muscle memory right? hmm..
    I think EiFit is right on the mark, seems like there's definitely some recomp going on. Have you considered taking some body measurements to see if any fat loss is still happening, despite what the scale says? Hitting new PR's on compound lifts like the deadlift suggests you're still moving in the right direction!
    My Workout/Training Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179722903

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cheers guys! Thanks Eifit91,always great to know that people are reading - It keeps me in check to be honest, good or bad Il post here so I better make it good.
    Thanks Paul, I seem to be at a sticking point on the weights but will keep going with them, truth be told I need to workout more. Works been killing me , Will try a morning workout.
    Thats a great Idea rspinetti - I will start using measurements more for sure - have not done that in a long time.

I can only think the work im doing now has helped with the Deadlift.

Weigh in today, week 62

Last week Weigh in - 15 stone 9.0lbs

Current weight - 15 stone 11.25lbs

Total Loss to date - 86.5lb

Ok I officially fell of the wagon this week, fark ... No point moaning about it just need to stop messing about and get on with things. going to start using MFP again to track calories.
    Start weight 310lbs march 2020 @55+% bodyfat
    Goal 190 lbs at 15% bodyfat

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's alright mate. Everybody has a blip. Time to get back on it. You're in the final stages now. This will be the most satisfying part of the journey

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your totally right mate, No point messing around and this is going to be the best bit! I think some recomp is happening as legs are getting more lean and arms showing the start of some new vein visibility when lifting.

Weigh in today, week 63

Last week Weigh in - 15 stone 11.25lbs

Current weight - 15 stone 9.5lbs

Total Loss to date - 88.25lb

1.75lbs down this week - if i can keep that up il be happy. Pulled a 155kg deadlift on sunday - I dont think its strength gained I think its more finding my current strength as I have worked upto it - I am confident 155KG is my 1RM for now. , I tried a second and I could hardly lift it of the floor so yeah I think thats it.

50kg x 5
    100kg x 3
    140kg x 1
    155kg x 1

Well done for getting back on track. You'll be in the 14s soon. Good strength on the deadlifts. I think I'm going to test mine next time I do legs at the gym. Would love to see more of your workouts logged mate

Cheers Paul, wheres your journal mate cant see it?

Weigh in today, week 64

Current weight - 15 stone 8.5lbs

Total Loss to date - 89.25lb

Cheers Paul, wheres your journal mate cant see it?

Weigh in today, week 64

Good job mate another lb down. That's the great thing about you. When you have the odd slip up, you get straight back to it. Shows the mindset you've got. I finished my cut mate. I just wanted to get lean enough to happily bulk again. Went to 180lbs but didn't want to drop lower. Lowest I was willing to go at 6 foot 2. I've got a log up and running again in the workout journal. 6 month bulking to gain more mass and then it gives me plenty time to cut for next summer

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Good job mate another lb down. That's the great thing about you. When you have the odd slip up, you get straight back to it. Shows the mindset you've got. I finished my cut mate. I just wanted to get lean enough to happily bulk again. Went to 180lbs but didn't want to drop lower. Lowest I was willing to go at 6 foot 2. I've got a log up and running again in the workout journal. 6 month bulking to gain more mass and then it gives me plenty time to cut for next summer
    Cheers Paul, glad to hear you have a new log up in the workout section - u smashed this cut!

Weigh in today, week 65

Last week Weigh in - 15 stone 8.5lbs

Maintained this week, probably a bit of recomp happened though, arms and legs deffo seem to have more muscle % than before I got this job.

Weigh in today, week 66

Last week Weigh in - 15 stone 8.5lbs

Current weight - 15 stone 12.5lbs

Total Loss to date - 85.25lb

Binged out hard, left my job due to toxic management who had it in for me - wont know the real damage till next week.

Have cut calories from 3250ish to 2000 ish and 2500 on workout days. Will be able to go back to 3 x full body workouts again.

I think I might actually get back in the swing of things again. Its getting embarrassing now but im going to keep posting no matter what, gain or lose.

Mate you've only put on a few pounds. You haven't messed up. Get back to the basics. Now that you're out of that job you should have less stress so get your sensible head back on. You've put in alot of hard work and you're only a couple stone off being a good level of lean. This is the most enjoyable part of the journey

Spot on Paul, in the grand scheme of things this is not a big deal, its only an issue if i let it become one and I have decided I wont do that - I am confident Things will get better

Weigh in today, week 67

Last week Weigh in - 15 stone 12.5lbs

Current weight - 15 stone 12.5lbs

Total Loss to date - 85.25lb

Same weight as last week, finding it hard to swap back from grazing on food all throughout the day to 5 meals and no snacks. back to workouts 3x per week so thats good.

Come on mate. Your transformation has been one of the best I've seen. Finish the journey off and finish the success story

The truth is mate as im sure you will have worked out for the last 12 weeks my heart just hasn't been in it, that job threw a spanner in the works for me and i started eating far to much sugar, when I quit the job I found it hard to quit my new found sugar cravings - but I have now reigned myself in.

Zooming out to the bigger picture.

In march 2020 I was 22 stone and set myself a goal of being fit and healthy and in the best shape of my life when I hit my 40th birthday , june the 28th 2024.

Lets say I'm 16 stone again (I'm not sure but i must be close will weigh in weds) I have still lost 6 stone and am very much on track to get to where I want to be... I have slipped up but in some ways that will make my story more real, it wont have been one long breeze, I will have had setbacks, but I will have overcome them.

I Have found my motivation again. I know where I want to be and I will absolutely get there. june 28th 2024 I will be posting photos and I will be unrecognisable from my original ones.

Paul, thanks man - You have always been there to give me the little motivation I have needed from time to time.

To everyone else reading (as I know some do and dont post) watch this space because I aint done and i aint quitting.

For now im going strict on calories, I want some fast results to spur me on so im having 2200 calories a day flat with no extra on workout days. I have tons of bodyfat to sustain me and make up any shortfall so should be fine.

Lets do this!

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great job man, keep it up!

This might be a stupid comment, but do you have some kind of visual inspiration? This is going to sound nerdy as hell but I'll own it: thinking of the exaggerated physiques of warriors featured in power metal and fantasy lore like Conan has always encouraged and inspired me, and thinking of a time and place in actual history when the heroic physique was normative, the bodily aesthetic a natural pursuit of excellence.

Considering that often defeats the desire to sit and be lazy or eat excessively or more richly than necessary. Stick with it man; you've made a lot of progress already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lWLBJ_3Bcc

I personally love this song and maybe it'll help you out too.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Not a stupid comment at all mate, I do have some visual inspiration yep - Conan the barbarian is a childhood fav movie and I still to this day love it - The physiques are all amazing - I know I can never get close to that - but its something to aspire to none the less!

Thanks for the link, good lifting music - the conan the barbarian score is the music I use, Just listening to it raises my testosterone a few points haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZL2R9jDJM&t=4776s

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not a stupid comment at all mate, I do have some visual inspiration yep - Conan the barbarian is a childhood fav movie and I still to this day love it - The physiques are all amazing - I know I can never get close to that - but its something to aspire to none the less!

Thanks for the link, good lifting music - the conan the barbarian score is the music I use, Just listening to it raises my testosterone a few points haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZL2R9jDJM&t=4776s
    That is my all-time favorite.

Been listening to that very upload for several years. Have an original CD from the 80s and used to listen to it in my car nonstop.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

I think I have given it quite a few of those hits its pretty much the soundtrack to my transformation.

Weigh in today, week 68

Last week Weigh in - 15 stone 12.5lbs

Current weight - 15 stone 11.5lbs

Total Loss to date - 86.25lb

Back in the right direction, I think these next months will see a real trend downwards and get into the 14 stone levels.

Great stuff for getting back on track

Cheers Paul! going to do my upmost to be consistant now because thats going to be key to getting this done.

Weigh in today, week 69

Last week Weigh in - 15 stone 11.5lbs

Current weight - 15 stone 10.25lbs

Total Loss to date - 87.50lb

Pound and a quarter this week, pleased with that and if I can stick to about 4 pounds a month that will be fine!
    Last edited by RandyMcFlab; 07-22-2021 at 11:59 PM.

Love it mate. 14 stones incoming

Registered User DoMoreWeighLess's Avatar
    DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep going Randy. We are in friendly competition now. I'm coming up on 75lbs down don't let me best you this month!
    I want to look straight down and see my toes.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

I always said I would only ever be in competition with myself and to be fair I still feel that way - but you know what there's nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition! If nothing else it will help me eat clean and maybe go that extra mile.

I weigh in tomorrow so will be updating my weight then.

well done on coming up to 75lbs thats awesome!

DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I always said I would only ever be in competition with myself and to be fair I still feel that way - but you know what there's nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition! If nothing else it will help me eat clean and maybe go that extra mile.

I weigh in tomorrow so will be updating my weight then.

well done on coming up to 75lbs thats awesome!
    Don't do anything that would jeopardize your health or plan, but I'm always more consistent when I know someone is watching. Plus a little banter is always fun. Look forward to seeing your progress over the next few weeks 💪🏾

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

Originally Posted by DoMoreWeighLess View Post
    Don't do anything that would jeopardize your health or plan, but I'm always more consistent when I know someone is watching. Plus a little banter is always fun. Look forward to seeing your progress over the next few weeks ������������
    So true, Im just going to eat clean, maybe add in a bit of cardio on off days and be consistent for the month - there will only be winners at the end of 4 weeks thats for sure! lets go!

Weigh in today, week 70

Last week Weigh in - 15 stone 10.25lbs

Current weight - 15 stone 9.0lbs (219 lbs)

Pound and a quarter again this week, right on target.

today is the first weigh in of the 28 day friendly challenge , if i can lose a further 5 lbs in this time frame I will be pleased.

And here is some current pictures, they are not progress shots because looking at these i have stalled for the last 12 weeks, that job I had tired me a lot and i stopped lifting - back lifting again now so will hopefully see some progress soon.

I am so ready to get under 15 stone now, good luck DoMoreWeighLess, I hope you accomplish what you set out to this month, Lets do this!

Let's get this done! you're right on the cusp. I want to see you do it.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

Thanks man, I think I have a lot more to lose yet - I have a feeling I will need to go below 165 to be lean - but no time like the present to get things done - First thing is get to the point where I have lost 100 lbs total, will be good to get that out the way!