Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Dan, im sorry to hear about the recent type 2 diagnosis - but thats good you are now on a NHS meal plan, with their help i hope you can make it into remission very soon!

Good stuff Rageroolz! All pro seems like a solid program, I went with it because it was said to be good for those losing weight and it does indeed seem to be. Im acctualy looking forward to a recomp phase like your doing soonish, I had good strength gains on this weight loss phase at the start but now I am only maintaing strength and dont seem to be able to gain anything. It feels like I have hit my personal max strength for consuming around the 2/2200k calories mark.

Weigh in today, week 49

Start weight - 22 stone 1 lb

Last week Weigh in - 16 stone 7.5lbs

Current weight - 16 stone 6.25lbs

Total Loss to date - 77.50 lbs

Just a mere quarter of a pound this week, but if its genuine weight loss and not just water weight like last time then i'm happy.

Having a bit of a tough time at the moment, tried to do a barbell squat and dont have the flexibility to do it in both my hips , ankles and shoulders and ended up straining my lower back, and also a gum infection I had last year has returned...Luckily i got strait into see a dentist and am on 5 days strong antibiotics.

I have lordosis and anterior pelvic tilt. It hasnt been to much of a problem until now but I feel its holding me back. I am now spending 30 mins a day doing stretches and corrective exercises. I also have slouched forward shoulders and neck...but I am hoping fixing the ATP will help correct this....This is due to years and years of inactivity and sitting down to much.

I cant squat properly, and its getting me down a bit, but hopefully In time I can.
    Last edited by RandyMcFlab; 02-24-2021 at 01:19 AM.
    Start weight 310lbs march 2020 @55+% bodyfat
    Goal 190 lbs at 15% bodyfat

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well done mate. Don't worry about the squats, just drop the weight. Squatting was a nightmare for me and took me ages to get the form right. Main thing is maintaining tightness through your body and go as low as you can before the point your lower back rounds. For me that is slightly below parallel. As for your posture, nobody has perfect posture but losing weight alone will improve it. As men we tend to store alot of our fat on our bellies which is bad for posture. Imagine holding a weight on your belly all day every day and trying to maintain posture. Would be very hard to do. Here's an article about it mate if you want a little read https://pilatesplusfitness.com.au/bl...r-Core-Posture

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hallo! sorry for my long absence dude, have been recluding a bit recently.

But have managed to kick the booze so far this week and am feeling a bit more open to the world!

You're doing awesome man, so impressed by the long term consistency. You have my sympathy, swear sometimes injuries/ailments just randomly pile up and your body just feels like a bag of sh*t. Weird how it works

But you'll power through
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cheers Paul, thats a good article mate, I have saved that to my bookmarks to refer back to that to remind myself when I get frustrated about things.

Hey Alex mate - Glad to hear your doing better at the moment! I battled with some addictions in the past and know how they can rule sometimes but thats great your on top of things

I seem to be having a bit of a plateau at the moment, strength aint going nowhere for weeks on end and weight isnt doing much neither - But I do think hopefully I will have a woosh sooner or later and catch up with things.

Its been a year in a few weeks, Looking back I have come a long way - and in the next year im sure il be looking back at the end of it saying the same thing so just going to forget the week to week stuff and keep going.

Weigh in today, week 50

Last week Weigh in - 16 stone 6.25lbs

Current weight - 16 stone 5.00lbs

Total Loss to date - 78.75 lbs

Pound and a quarter this week, pleased with that! am now 229 lbs and thats nice as im in the high 220s now...measured belly today - currently 42" so still big but down from 55" at the start.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lookin gooood, god that's nearly 80lb you beast!

Have you got a rough idea of your goal or more just keep going until you're happy?

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great stuff yet again

Cheers lads!

I always had a goal of 200lbs - but I dont think I will be lean enough to be happy, im looking the best I have for years and yet now since im focusing on my shape more im more critical lol, I will also have loose skin to contend with, I have some at tops of arms, inner thighs and some forming on belly - That said for my age, the length of time i was morbidly obese and the amount I have lost it could be a lot lot worse! The bit on my arms does not bother me to much at least I can build bigger arms and fill it out a bit.

I think I will stick to the goal of 200lbs for now then revaluate. If loose skin becomes more problematic I may swap to a very slow lean bulk phase - But i know I need to get as lean as possible before I do that. If I have the mental discipline I may push for 180lbs but I must admit - I am struggling a tad and am getting impatient. a pound a week seems my max and that would be another year before I get there..

I eat about 2k calories a day - I have considered dropping to 1800 but worried I may lose some hard earnt muscle gains and it could increase loose skin.. so probably keep on doing it sloooow.
    Last edited by RandyMcFlab; 03-03-2021 at 04:41 AM.

Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    Cheers lads!

I always had a goal of 200lbs - but I dont think I will be lean enough to be happy, im looking the best I have for years and yet now since im focusing on my shape more im more critical lol, I will also have loose skin to contend with, I have some at tops of arms, inner thighs and some forming on belly - That said for my age, the length of time i was morbidly obese and the amount I have lost it could be a lot lot worse! The bit on my arms does not bother me to much at least I can build bigger arms and fill it out a bit.

I think I will stick to the goal of 200lbs for now then revaluate. If loose skin becomes more problematic I may swap to a very slow lean bulk phase - But i know I need to get as lean as possible before I do that. If I have the mental discipline I may push for 180lbs but I must admit - I am struggling a tad and am getting impatient. a pound a week seems my max and that would be another year before I get there..

I eat about 2k calories a day - I have considered dropping to 1800 but worried I may lose some hard earnt muscle gains and it could increase loose skin.. so probably keep on doing it sloooow.
    Would say you're still at a weight where slightly increasing the rate of loss probably won't impact your muscle mass much. That tends to only be a problem once you get down to low teens bf and even then it's minimal if you keep protein high and training intense

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Would say you're still at a weight where slightly increasing the rate of loss probably won't impact your muscle mass much. That tends to only be a problem once you get down to low teens bf and even then it's minimal if you keep protein high and training intense
    This mate. Nothing wrong with you dropping cals slightly if you think you could stick with 1800. Do whatever makes you most motivated to keep going

Cheers guys thats great to know! for some reason I have had 2k calories in my head as a figure i must not go below. I think I will try 1800 calories on non workout days and see if that helps, if i could lose a pound and a half a week constantly id be happy I think.

and even though I hate it maybe I should throw in a few 15 min blasts on the static bike to aid things on non workout days. (and i do mean blasts I really go for it for about 10-15 mins then im knackered.

In fact sod it, why dont i just really ramp things up for year two, keep to the 2k calories but blast cardio 4x per week on non workout days and increase daily steps - That should do it anyway and I do have free time at the moment I want to get to the end of year two and it be as equal change in shape as year one.
    Last edited by RandyMcFlab; 03-03-2021 at 05:38 AM.

Great stuff randy. You'll be at your 200 goal in no time. Increasing activity is a great way to do it in my opinion

Thanks Paul mate, Your right just gota keep going! I think if i can do the activity vs dropping calories its got to be a better solution, not sure I can face cardio 4x per week but will see how i get on..

Got the missus to take some tensed back shots today to see if i made any progress, I purposly did it under a overhead light for the most favourable lighting... Now my back is still very high fat% but I Think im going in the right direction though! also just noticed how well the cyst removal went, can see the scar top right trap but the bloke did a damn good job, pricy but worth it.

Definitely going in the right direction mate great stuff. I wouldn't even have the mindset of forcing yourself to do cardio, I would just take a relaxed approach and try and increase daily activity in anyway you see fit. ( Housework, washing car , having a walk etc) and do your bike whenever you feel like it

Cheers paul! that sounds like a great idea mate - and it sounds more sustainable. I think I have done well because its been something I can stick to long term so maybe keeping that approach would be wise - the cars filthy anyway so that will be the first port of call!

Sustainability is the key mate. On that note. I've stopped my fat loss log and will be returning to the workout logs. I'm in a stage where I just want to be more relaxed with my diet and focus on strength. Feel free to stop by. I'll still be continuing to follow your progress

Cheers Paul, good luck on your new strength mate im sure you will smash it! will certainly keep up with your progress.

Weigh in today, week 51

Last week Weigh in - 16 stone 5.00lbs

Current weight - 16 stone 6.5lbs

Total Loss to date - 77.25 lbs

What a crap week! pound and a half weight gain, I think i know why.. I had a stressful dentist appointment yesterday with novacain injections, and then treated myself with a chicken burger for dinner afterwards (in bread roll)
    im 99% sure its just water weight but really need to lose 2 lbs by next week to get back on track.

Just water weight like you say mate. You'll be back on track next weigh in no doubt

You were totally right paul! 1 year anniversary today I wana thank you guys - this log and your support has been integral to my success. So thank you Alex, Paul and everyone whos ever helped me along the way be it with advice or just spurring me on.

Weigh in today, week 52

Last week Weigh in - 16 stone 6.5lbs

Current weight - 16 stone 2.3/4lbs

Total Loss to date - 81.0lbs

I have done a full one year transformation post here in the introduce yourself forum with 1 year photos.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1633948023

Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    You were totally right paul! 1 year anniversary today I wana thank you guys - this log and your support has been integral to my success. So thank you Alex, Paul and everyone whos ever helped me along the way be it with advice or just spurring me on.

Weigh in today, week 52

Last week Weigh in - 16 stone 6.5lbs

Current weight - 16 stone 2.3/4lbs

Total Loss to date - 81.0lbs

I have done a full one year transformation post here in the introduce yourself forum with 1 year photos.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1633948023
    Fantastic that mate. The amount of weight you've shifted from your belly is unbelievable and what I can see of your face, that looks alot leaner as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again not many people have it in them mentally to do what you've done. You should be proud of yourself. Best transformation I've seen

Thanks a lot paul mate, feels great to have the first year out the way now - I have kinda had a week of a semi break - been a bit less strict with food but roughly within calories.. now i feel ready to get right back on it.

Am going to trial 2 day rest periods between workouts - to see if the extra rests helps with strength gains, and on non workout days i am going to start HIIT cardio on the static bike...

Started today and made all of 7 mins - 20 seconds 99.9% effort, 40 seconds leisurely.

Weigh in today, week 53

Last week Weigh in - 16 stone 2.3/4bs

Current weight - 16 stone 2.1/2lbs

Total Loss to date - 81.1/4lbs

Just a quarter of a pound this week but i half expected it after such a great week last week, to be honest im glad it wasnt a gain but it doesn't matter anymore - just got to continue the grind

You've definitely packed on some mass, nice job man! Yeah with every cut the 'sh*t I'm actually gaining a fair amount of strength' phase has to end at some point. Looks like you've managed to come a long way before that however! More rest may help. It's weird how people are so crazy about working out as often as humanly possible when working out less often makes you lift heavier as you are fresher

You're not hugely far off the 100lb lost and 200lb weight mark, your long term consistency astounds me! Excellent for making sure you'll eventually have a lifestyle change that will stick though

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day

Great stuff. All out hiit is very difficult but you'll reap the rewards of it fairly quickly. I'm gaining at the moment so I'm expecting our weights to overlap soon. You're nearly in the 15 stones now. I'm coming up towards 14

Thanks Alex! yeah strength gains have got a glacial progression speed now, if not at all lol, I managed an 8 rep set with the 35kg dumbbells last workout - but then lost a rep on overhead press :/ I think going forward on this cut if i can maintain strength thats good and then work on strength when i have a calorie surplus. I have found something i can maintain though so really please about that and in it for the long term now

I actually think my strength gains may be mostly down to increased testosterone production, being as heavy as i was and sedentary ,I recon my T levels must have been shot to bits.. I hope my levels are within the normal range now, I have noticed some other signs that it may have increased..(lol) I think once I have finished the cut i will get some bloodwork done and find out for sure.

Cheers Paul! The hiIT is a killer! upto 10 mins now, it sucks though! when our weights do overlap your strength levels are going to be crazy! I REALLY want to get on a calorie surplus and add some mass, but i know i have to just stick this weight loss out first....

Weigh in today, week 54

Last week Weigh in - 16 stone 2.1/2bs

Current weight - 16 stone 2.1/4lbs

Total Loss to date - 81.1/2lbs

Another quarter of a pound week! pretty sure its water weight as we went for a nice picnic on the coast and i ate 2 big corned beef rolls, pretty salty and i know that can effect things, next week I want to see a 2lb weight loss to make up for it!

Youve got your weight loss sussed. I have no doubt you will lose 2lb next week mate

Thanks Paul, appreciate your confidence mate! I didnt quite get there but I think I know why...I have been drinking diet lemonade again, its calorie free but full of artificial sweeteners and crap - I like it but not enough if its gona mess with the weight loss so will be limiting in to aftter weigh in one day only and see if that helps.

In other news got 50kg more plates (170kg plus bar now total) , a good belt and some liquid chalk - going to do some heavy deadlifts (well heavy for me lol) once a week - I will only ever double overhand hook grip, seen to many torn biceps on alternating! have done 2 sessions and my 1 rep max is currently 135kg, I would like to get to 145 as then I move from beginner to novice for my weight class.

Weigh in today, week 54

Last week Weigh in - 16 stone 2.1/4bs

Current weight - 16 stone 1.1/2lbs

Total Loss to date - 82.1/4lbs

3/4 of a pound, not very happy with that as that makes 1.1/4 in 3 weeks, but I think I know why, next week might be better.

A loss is a loss mate. Still getting you closer to your goal. You've got a hell of a gym now haven't you