Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    Resistance bands seem pretty effective acctualy , tricep pull downs over a strong door feels good anyway! The lat pulldown machine is one thing i miss from the gym.

Will do mate, cant wait for it arrive now i just hope it goes without problems as it was a while ago i orderd!

Workout flat out sucked today, 2 reps down across the board on everything on third set , feels like im going backwards on strength - but the last few nights its been 29 degrees in my room, its damn hot today, and i walked 5k steps this morning holding fairly heavy shopping so i hope its just down to a combination of things..

Weigh in tomorrow but as of yesterday I had gained 3/4 a lb, not slipped on diet so may be waterweight from diet lemonade that we drink when its very hot..Kinda feeling a bit ****ty with this week but the hard weeks will only make the final result more sweet.
    Good job. That water weight is a funny thing. You'll put on nearly a lb and then you'll probably lose 2 or 3 one day. I would think that the heat is affecting your workouts more than your deficit. Yesterdays work out was exhausting for me aswell. We're not used to this kind of weather. Im currently holding onto my barbell incase we get another lockdown but if you still havent received the barbell you've ordered in a few weeks and we arent heading back into lockdown i'll send you mine for free

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    safcpaul that is an incredibly kind offer - thank you! fingers crossed it should arrive fine, and if it does not I have a good selection of fixed weight dumbbells I can defiantly carry on with..But i really appreciate the offer, Thats really good of you mate.

Waterweight is bizzare, i had only lost a quarter of a pound this morning and then at 8am (time i weight in) it had gone down more!

Weigh in today, week 21

Start weight - 22 stone 1 lb

Last week Weigh in - 18 stone 12.5lbs

Current weight - 18 stone 11.1/4lbs

Total Loss to date - 45.3/4 lbs

Very pleased with this weeks weight loss, not as much as other weeks but more that it was looking like it would be! I also now want to see how long i can keep the unbroken weekly losses going lol..

looking forward to hitting 50 pounds lost!
    Last edited by RandyMcFlab; 08-12-2020 at 12:39 AM.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    safcpaul that is an incredibly kind offer - thank you! fingers crossed it should arrive fine, and if it does not I have a good selection of fixed weight dumbbells I can defiantly carry on with..But i really appreciate the offer, Thats really good of you mate.

Waterweight is bizzare, i had only lost a quarter of a pound this morning and then at 8am (time i weight in) it had gone down more!

Weigh in today, week 21

Last week Weigh in - 18 stone 12.5lbs

Current weight - 18 stone 11.1/4lbs

Total Loss to date - 45.3/4 lbs

Very pleased with this weeks weight loss, not as much as other weeks but more that it was looking like it would be! I also now want to see how long i can keep the unbroken weekly losses going lol..

looking forward to hitting 50 pounds lost!
    Good job 45lbs is fantastic and no worries mate if i can help people i will. Do you think we're heading for another lockdown soon? I started a gym about 2 weeks before lockdown and now ive found another gym it would be sods law that we get another one

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Do you think we're heading for another lockdown soon? I started a gym about 2 weeks before lockdown and now ive found another gym it would be sods law that we get another one
    Hate to say it but i think we have a pretty strong chance of lockdown in the winter, or at least gyms closing - infection rates rising daily..It probably wont be a country wide lockdown like before due to the economy not being able to take that hit - but the likelihood of gyms closing is pretty damn high.

Home gym is the way to go i think if you have the space.

wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice job on the 45 lbs Randy, that's awesome. My weight has been up and down the last couple of days also. We just gotta keep killing the workouts and staying strict on our diets and we will get where we want to be. I'm getting the itch to start putting on muscle, these next 50 lbs are going to take forever it seems lol

Cheers mate, can totally relate to that! i just want this damn weight loss finished so i can actually start eating above maintenance and adding some lean mass! 70 more lbs to go before i do that though..

wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Cheers mate, can totally relate to that! i just want this damn weight loss finished so i can actually start eating above maintenance and adding some lean mass! 70 more lbs to go before i do that though..
    I'm in about the same boat 50-65, havent quite decided where I will stop yet. I would like to say 200 but I know I will still have a good amount of BF at that weight. Think lightest I ever got to was 185 years ago.

IYeah thats the problem i will have too i think, at least we are lifting now through our weight loss period though - last time i lost a ton of weight i didnt and i ended up very light but also skinny fat with it.

This time next year we will both be on a long slow bulk im sure!

Bought some lifting hooks today - progress on back and moving up on weight has totally stalled with bentover row - watch a video that said it may be down to grip and if i used the hooks could isolate back better...

We i'm not sure how well I will manage that but i have noticed when i row my biceps wear out fast - hopefully these help me progress.

will use for deadlifts too - but keep the farmers walk without the hooks so i still get some grip strength benefits and forearm development.

Weigh in today, week 22

Last week Weigh in - 18 stone 11.1/4lbs

Current weight - 18 stone 8.1/4lbs

Total Loss to date - 48.3/4 lbs

3lbs weight loss this week, dead pleased with that! usually id be thinking thats even a bit to fast to lose weight but because i only lost just over a pound last week it evens out. If i can lose a pound and a quarter again then week 23 will make a total of 50lbs lost - thats a pretty major milestone so lets hope so!

In the meantime I have a monthly cheat meal planned for today - a 880 calorie margarita pizza , cant believe i used to eat that s*it for lunch almost daily!

Well done mate you're absolutely flying

Thanks mate! I have a funny feeling the next 50 lbs is going to be a lot harder..but will get there in the end.

[/url]

Can you see any difference? not that i can expect much in a month...but top one is july, bottom one is august both taken on 16th of month..I think i can see some really subtle differences. if the progress reasonable for the time frame??

I guess i should do these ones like every six months or something..

I can see a slight difference in them 2 pictures but from your first picture there is a massive difference. When you get lean you are going to be in a very good position in my opinion. You look like when this is done you are going to have a decent base of muscle. Im looking forward to following your progress in the following weeks and months

Cheers mate! to be fair in my first pictures early on im letting my stomach hang down and in these two im pulling it in as hard as i can, this is a current fully flexed and holding stomach in as much as poss. I will probably do one of these each three months like the weight loss pics actually!

If i can finish the weight loss in another 50/60 lbs and have a reasonable muscle base i will be very pleased.

Just checking in. Hows it going mate?

great thanks mate, will be weighing in on weds - not sure i will do great weightloss wise this week as of today im 1/4 of a pound heavier than last week - but it did that before and i ended losing a pound still.

I just had the most amazing euphoria after my workout! never had it before not like that..i managed a few extra overhead press reps, and finished the workout with a set of 21s with a new higher weight, pushed it as hard as i could to finish the set and then one min later it felt like i had literally just taken hard drugs - lasted a min, it was actually incredible.

I felt like a beast today - I see my shoulders getting wider and my arms getting bigger, and i guess whilst compared to many i am still a tub of lard with mediocre strength for my weight, compared to my old self i am becoming a beast - and ultimately thats who the competition is with.

Feeling great - have the dentist later so that will bring me back down to earth haha...

I should probably start tracking my lifts here too.

Dumbell row 52kg 10,10,10
    OHP 45kg 8,7,7
    farmers walk 60kg 2 times to end of garden and back
    21s dumbell 20kg 1 set
    Last edited by RandyMcFlab; 08-24-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Lifts looking decent mate. I love them workouts. Especially when you feel chit and finish feeling great. Ive been doing dumbbell shoulder press recently but going to do some ohp tonight

Cheers mate, i think i might be doing dumbbell shoulder press actually! its a 22.5kg dumbbell in each hand..whats the difference between OHP and dumbbell shoulder press? Everything is with dumbbells for now for me..(but have a barbell coming September.)

I have felt good after a workout but never anything like that!

Youre doing yourself a disservice putting 45kg ohp because you can usually lift more doing ohp than with dumbbells. Ohp starts at about upper chest level with a barbell and then you press it over head. I find it is alot more than just a shoulder exercise. Works your core quite well also

Cheers mate yep i got confused, iv been doing dumbbell shoulder press..am interested to try the OHP now to see if i can lift more.

all my dumbbell press have been seated, so the OHP will make a good change for core benefits. Thats why i have been doing a lot of farmers walk as i heard its great for core and forarms.

Yeah i think farmers walks would be a good one for the core. I would do them but the gym is getting alot busier now. Wouldnt really have room unfortunately

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey man, my trained eye can see a difference in the two pictures.

Unfortunately the more weight you carry the harder it is to see differences month on month. There will come a point though where you suddenly realise that your belly has been cut in half! Also the leaner you are the more difference each lb will make, keep at it man you're doing great

Yeah would imagine your OHP is going to be more than 45kg (maybe allowing a couple of weeks to train yourself in the movement). I would always list dumbell exercises as the individual dumbell weight rather than the total of both dumbbells

Cheers mate, yeah thats true, i have to remember i am still 259.5 lbs! any muscle i can build now will make me a whole lot more content when i get down to 14.5/15 stone though thats for sure, but cant expect miracles. I honestly just want this done so i can go on a slow bulk lol.

Weigh in today, week 23

Last week Weigh in - 18 stone 8.1/4lbs

Current weight - 18 stone 7.1/2lbs

Total Loss to date - 49.1/2 lbs

Happy with that and am now just out of the 260s! three quarters of a pound is great considering yesterday i was up a pound.. If i can do over half a pound next week will finally crack 50 lbs lost and be pretty much half way there.

Will take your advice and list individual dumbbell weights instead of joint.

got an email - my pre order on the bar and weighs is set back to the first week of october lol..do have the option to cancel but going to hold out for it!

Todays workout

dumbell benchpress 1 set flat, 2 sets inclined, 30kg 10,8,7
    dumbell deadlift 30kg 10,10,10
    farmers walk 30kg x 2
    ez curlbar skullcrushers 28kg x 10
    tricep pulldown with resistance band slung over tree - 2 sets of 10.

Its crazy to be lifting the same weight for my three main exercises but its just the way it went today, the 30kg benchpress is new for me - couple a weeks ago i struggled with it, reps could be a bit more slower and controlled but will work on that.

Will start upping the deadlift weight, have some iron weights i can duct tape to the 30kg dumbells, though might just put a pair of 35kg on credit card if i can find any for a half sensible price lol.

Glad everything is going well bro. I'm excited for you to get your bar as well. I've had a pretty flatlined week as far as weight loss, but still going up every week on lift weights so thats good.

Thanks man, yeah i cant wait! thats good your seeing progress on your lifts i think its best to focus on those and let weight loss happen naturaly.

Weigh in today, week 24

Last week Weigh in - 18 stone 7.1/2lbs

Current weight - 18 stone 5.1/5lbs

Total Loss to date - 51.3/4 lbs

Crap week this week, lost 2 and a quarter pounds whats good...but i seriosuly messed up my shoulder (not lifting funnily enough) have had no option to take a week of from training, on top of that i picked up some stomach bug i think from mold in a garage i was cleaning and had bad stomach cramps and IBS symptoms...seem ok the last couple of days but from a strength and training point of view this week has been a write off...

Tomorrow i am seeing a consultant about having a cyst removed on the fat over my right trap muscle - has been there for years and has been "out of sight out of mind" - but since im trying to get in better shape its been bugging me a lot.. Its going to cost a grand FFS..But NHS dont do it anymore, Its getting in the way, and as i build my traps its gona get squished and could get inflamed/infected, also as i get leaner it will show more..its got to go..So my credit cards taking a beating...Not sure if that will put me out for a couple or workouts or not but il listen to the dermatologist.
    Last edited by RandyMcFlab; 09-02-2020 at 01:01 AM.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn, was looking forward to final reveal on weights!

Wtf NHS won't operate? why not?

Good I hate taking time off from training, makes the motivation for fat loss so much harder

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Damn, was looking forward to final reveal on weights!

Wtf NHS won't operate? why not?

Good I hate taking time off from training, makes the motivation for fat loss so much harder
    Going to be early october (i hope!) there cheap so worth it if they acctualy come through lol.

No NHS wont operate on cysts unless on face, I could argue that its effecting my mental well being and then they might but with the massive backlog in operations I think i would be fighting a losing battle. Its seen as cosmetic. Its really annoying though because a grand is a heck of a lot to me! but i will be alot happier once its gone!

I am also having some issues around left shoulder, maybe rotator cuff..so am adding in daily stretches and regular strengthening exercises. Really dont want to get an injury there as that will be game over for a long time. I have noticed it when lifting arm to the side or after bench pressing. If no improvement in a few weeks might book an appointment with a physio.

Your right though, it does make you lose motivation when not training!

Well done randy with the great progress. Shows how far our country has fallen when a man can say hes a woman and the nhs will pay for a sex change but when a normal bloke wants a cyst removed he has to pay out of his own pocket