Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Hey dude, looks like you're smashing it. Can see a big difference between the two pictures. Keep it up

Unfortunately I can't comment on some of the issues (such as pelvic tilt, although I understand this can be corrected with time) but with regards to things like hunched shoulders, losing fat as well as strengthening your supporting muscles through lifting can quickly (as in 6 months) correct things like rolled shoulders, slumped sitting/standing positions etc.

Good luck and keep going, have subbed
    Thanks! The more i look at them i can notice some difference actually, I hope the next 12 week update will show a bit better!

Thats good to know how the posture will probably be helped by general weight loss and weight lifting - I am doing something called "glute bridges" to try and make a start on the ATP but i suspect its going to be not much help until the guts gone..

Will keep on updating weekly and new pics in about 10 weeks.

Appreciate the sub.

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by wilkinkc View Post
    Keep it up man. Just finding your log, we started about the same weight and are both pretty close in weight currently it looks like. You are doing great. Something I read the other day was really good motivation for me so I thought I would share it "we didnt get overweight over night, so we're not going to get fit over night either". We got this bro, I will keep up with you log.
    Cheers! thats so true, it took years to get into this state, I have accepted its going to take years to fully undo the damage. But yeah for sure! will check your log too.

feeling good today, a month ago today i mentioned how i just bought some 25kg dumbells but could not use them for much yet - yesterday i did them for 3 x 10 on the bench so that was a goal for me hit.

I have to prioritize fat loss but seeing some strength gains makes me feel better than the weight loss in some ways.

I have this photo from 15 years ago - it might not be much but I use this for motivation and to know I can be different to what I am now! I think I was about 190 in the first photo and the other one is today at 270.

My plan is to recreate this photo in 2 years and smash the original.

BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good Luck Randy!

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    Thanks! The more i look at them i can notice some difference actually, I hope the next 12 week update will show a bit better!

Thats good to know how the posture will probably be helped by general weight loss and weight lifting - I am doing something called "glute bridges" to try and make a start on the ATP but i suspect its going to be not much help until the guts gone..

Will keep on updating weekly and new pics in about 10 weeks.

Appreciate the sub.
    Progress pics are a lifesaver, especially if you have a lot to lose and you don't feel you look different day to day

Glute bridges are a great way to strengthen your posterior chain and it'll absolutely help you long before the gut is gone! You'll have much more opposing strength to balance out the weight on your belly so it should definitely make a difference

Thanks Brownbear!

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Progress pics are a lifesaver, especially if you have a lot to lose and you don't feel you look different day to day

Glute bridges are a great way to strengthen your posterior chain and it'll absolutely help you long before the gut is gone! You'll have much more opposing strength to balance out the weight on your belly so it should definitely make a difference
    Thats a really good point about the gut needing more strength to counter, had not thought about that but it makes sense..Really uncomfortable to to right now as just a part of my back and my pelvis is all that makes contact with the floor but will persevere with them.

Cycled 10kms in 20 mins on the static bike yesterday keeping to 90 RPM. Thats a new record for me but i hate cardio lol..

Weigh in today, week 19

Start weight - 22 stone 1 lb

Last week Weigh in -  19 stone 4.0lbs

Current weight - 19 stone 0.5lbs

Total Loss to date - 42.5 lbs

A massive weight loss of three and a half pounds this week, I can only assume its because I had a little extra water weight last week and should have lost more then than i did and its now showing this week, either way i am happy - this makes over three stone lost as of today! I have slightly adjusted total pounds lost as i messed up the calculations - total weight loss is 42.5 lbs...Can i make next week 20 consecutive weeks of weight loss and get into the 18s? I will certainly try! 

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fantastic work

wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Weigh in today, week 19

Last week Weigh in -  19 stone 4.0lbs

Current weight - 19 stone 0.5lbs

Total Loss to date - 42.5 lbs

A massive weight loss of three and a half pounds this week, I can only assume its because I had a little extra water weight last week and should have lost more then than i did and its now showing this week, either way i am happy - this makes over three stone lost as of today! I have slightly adjusted total pounds lost as i messed up the calculations - total weight loss is 42.5 lbs...Can i make next week 20 consecutive weeks of weight loss and get into the 18s? I will certainly try! 
    You got it bro, just keep on your grind. We will get there.

Cheers safcpaul & wilkinkc , appreciate it!

feeling good right now, strength still increasing - not sure how long thats possible but managed 2 more reps on dumbell benchpress with the same weight as last time, then an extra rep for 2nd and 3rd sets.

Today is a great day - i hit a good milestone of over 3 stone lost! i started this at 22 stone 2 lbs, as of today i am 18 stone 13.5 lbs.

My BMI has dropped from 43.4 to 37 today, i think this is the first time i have seen 18 on the scales for over five years.

I still have a long way to go, and today isnt even official weight in day but im happy and wanted to document it..

3 stone down, 5 more to go!

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Today is a great day - i hit a good milestone of over 3 stone lost! i started this at 22 stone 2 lbs, as of today i am 18 stone 13.5 lbs.

My BMI has dropped from 43.4 to 37 today, i think this is the first time i have seen 18 on the scales for over five years.

I still have a long way to go, and today isnt even official weight in day but im happy and wanted to document it..

3 stone down, 5 more to go!
    Congrats 3 stone is a great achievement. You're going to be a new person after this. What's your current calorie intake?

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Congrats 3 stone is a great achievement. You're going to be a new person after this. What's your current calorie intake?
    Thanks mate! on non workout days i aim for about 2000 - but sometimes have 1900ish - on workout days i eat a bit extra say 2100 - 2200 , thats pretty much an extra single scoop protein shake before and after workout that accounts for that.

I didnt want to go to low on the calories as i have such a lot to lose, 1800 calories would be the lowest i ever go no matter what so when weightloss stops will have to try and up intensity - but I hope i will continue to see good weightloss for a while yet on these calories.

I have over doubled my strength and added some lean mass whilst on this weight loss thing doing this - but strength gains are starting to slow now. Must have been newbie gains.

Weigh in today, week 20

Last week Weigh in - 19 stone 0.5lbs

Current weight - 18 stone 12.5lbs

Total Loss to date - 44.5 lbs

Well today is a milestone or a couple of reasons, its week 20 (weeks are flying past) and i am under 19 stone for the first time in years. 2 lbs weight loss this week - perfect..thats 20 consecutive weeks of weight loss - I know i will plateau at some point and im not particularly looking forward to that but its just another part of the process. I will not fail.

Well done. Over 3 stone lost and doubling your strength. You've got this whole thing sussed. Keep a good mindset when you hit that strength plateau and continue believing you can increase your strength even if it does slow down

Cheers mate, i dont want to get too cocky lol - I think I have done well but know I have a ton of work left to do..I think my motivation and discipline has been excellent these 20 weeks, but I have seen constant progress - the real challenge comes when i get weeks of not seeming to get anywhere.

Have stagnated a bit on strength last two workouts, so have decided to lower weight 50% from say 30kg dumbells to 20kg.. But lift with much better form and have a pause of one second during lift for a few weeks.

wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You are doing great man. With us on our deficits we can only expect so much as far as strength progression goes. But we have to remind ourselves we are building/maintaining muscle to keep the calorie burn up. I'm close to where I was years ago last time I did this big of a cut. Going to see things through this time and not just stop when I'm the weight I want to be. Plan on adding some mass once I'm done cutting.

Cheers mate, yeah thats true - its funny i started all this with the number one goal of losing weight , it still stands true but i am caring more and more about strength and lean mass gains too. We will get there for sure - it will be nice to get to target weight and be able to do a long slow bulk - i plan to get to 180 lbs, then a long slow bulk to 200 aiming to gain half a pound a week max, then back to 180 and repeat.

I've been 185-190 before and that is pretty thin. But I was skinny fat, wasn't lifting or anything. I'm probably going to do about the same. Shooting for 190-200 to start the slow bulk.

Cheers mate, yeah thats true - its funny i started all this with the number one goal of losing weight , it still stands true but i am caring more and more about strength and lean mass gains too. We will get there for sure - it will be nice to get to target weight and be able to do a long slow bulk - i plan to get to 180 lbs, then a long slow bulk to 200 aiming to gain half a pound a week max, then back to 180 and repeat.
    Very sensible plan. Dont listen to anyone that says 180 at 5 foot 11 is too thin. A lean 180 at 5 foot 11 gives you a better physique than most of the population

I just did a lbs to stone conversion and thats under 13 stone - for my frame i dont think that will happen. 190, 195 probably more realistic for me.

Todays workout was interesting..overhead press no progress..same as last week. Bentover row i noticed stagnating so i dropped weight 20% - i could feel i was able to engage my back more, I do a farmers walk afterwards - usually i can only do one lap of the garden but today i managed two. I think i used my back muscles more for the row this week and so my arms were less fatigued and let me do a second FW.

I always like to try and progress each time so its hard to drop the weight, but in this case it might be the right thing to do.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate dropping the weight on a cut, feels like your physique is just slowly sliding away from you aha. I tend to drop the rep range first and only the weight when I absolutely have to.

Keep it up bro you're smashing it

Cheers mate! yeah it sucked dropping the weight for sure, but I think im hitting the targeted muscles better so its probably going to serve me better long term i hope! I have a good selection of fixed weight hex dumbells 5,8,10,15,17.5,20,25,30 kgs..But im finding the step up from 25kg to 30kg a tough one...I might actually duct tape some 1.25kg iron discs i have laying about to the 25s lol..I can do 3 x 10 with them, yet the 30s seem to fatigue me so much faster - i kinda feel i do need an inbetween..

Cracking workout today, hottest day of the year and did what i needed to do - gf saw me dripping in sweat from head to toe and thinks i am mental doing it in this weather, but its this kind of thing that proves to myself that im ready, this time is different., good form and ROM with each exercise, and added an extra farmers walk.
    Last edited by RandyMcFlab; 08-08-2020 at 07:27 AM.

Late post by you Randy. I expect an earlier update tomorrow mate 😉 aye this heat is a killer for working out but got to be done. Roll on the winter haha. Taping 1.25s to your dumbells is probably a good way to do it. How many reps can you get when you switch to 30s?

Haha very true! yeah winter will actually be nice to workout in for sure!

When i use the 30s I can do 8 shakey reps for the first set, and then i feel like i need to drop back down to 25s - getting them into position is the hard bit but have watched some technique videos for that. Maybe taping 2 x 1.25kg to each 25kg is the way to go.

Haha very true! yeah winter will actually be nice to workout in for sure!

When i use the 30s I can do 8 shakey reps for the first set, and then i feel like i need to drop back down to 25s - getting them into position is the hard bit but have watched some technique videos for that. Maybe taping 2 x 1.25kg to each 25kg is the way to go.
    You’re doing good though man. Further along than me on strength. My dumbbells only go to 40lbs each lol. New barbell showed up today though so won’t be long before the rest gets here I hope. Have a good weekend bro

Cheers mate you too!

Also have a bar on pre order for deadlifts and rows, its crazy how much of a pain in the ass everything is to get right now!

I agree. Trying to come up with something for lat pulldowns but everything i find is out of stock. Have these resistance bands that you close in the door at the moment, better than nothing but not ideal. May try assisted pullups when I finally get the rack

Nice going as always!

I'm expecting some photo updates when your bar set arrives, very keen to see it!

Resistance bands seem pretty effective acctualy , tricep pull downs over a strong door feels good anyway! The lat pulldown machine is one thing i miss from the gym.

Will do mate, cant wait for it arrive now i just hope it goes without problems as it was a while ago i orderd!

Workout flat out sucked today, 2 reps down across the board on everything on third set , feels like im going backwards on strength - but the last few nights its been 29 degrees in my room, its damn hot today, and i walked 5k steps this morning holding fairly heavy shopping so i hope its just down to a combination of things..

Weigh in tomorrow but as of yesterday I had gained 3/4 a lb, not slipped on diet so may be waterweight from diet lemonade that we drink when its very hot..Kinda feeling a bit ****ty with this week but the hard weeks will only make the final result more sweet.
    Last edited by RandyMcFlab; 08-11-2020 at 09:08 AM.