halfitalianmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Realistic goal or no?

Hey all!
    About 7 months ago I did a complete overhaul of my nutrition & started working out. Since then I've dropped a little over 70 pounds. I am hoping to lose another 40 pounds by my birthday which is toward the end of April. Please tell me if this is realistic or not. Thanks! :-)

Registered User PairAhDucksLift's Avatar
    PairAhDucksLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PairAhDucksLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PairAhDucksLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PairAhDucksLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PairAhDucksLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by halfitalianmom View Post
    Hey all!
    About 7 months ago I did a complete overhaul of my nutrition & started working out. Since then I've dropped a little over 70 pounds. I am hoping to lose another 40 pounds by my birthday which is toward the end of April. Please tell me if this is realistic or not. Thanks! :-)
    Hey halfitalianmom

Congrats on the weight loss. Losing 40 lbs by the end of April is doable if someone is obese and ONLY wants to lose weight and nothing else.
    If weight loss is the ONLY and I wanna emphasize ONLY goal! Then yes, it's possible. Probably not the smartest thing though, due to loss of muscle mass etc.
    At this stage of my life, I do 3 things:
    Hustle, Lift and Save Money.

Watch me Lift/Act the Fool/Play Basketball here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOq8Pu6_bjJiI2uYnEn0kHA

Originally Posted by PairAhDucksLift View Post
    Hey halfitalianmom

Congrats on the weight loss. Losing 40 lbs by the end of April is doable if someone is obese and ONLY wants to lose weight and nothing else.
    If weight loss is the ONLY and I wanna emphasize ONLY goal! Then yes, it's possible. Probably not the smartest thing though, due to loss of muscle mass etc.
    Thank you for that info. You make a good point because I am doing some weight lifting so I may not have as much weight loss. :-)

Registered User PairAhDucksLift's Avatar
    PairAhDucksLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PairAhDucksLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PairAhDucksLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PairAhDucksLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PairAhDucksLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for that info. You make a good point because I am doing some weight lifting so I may not have as much weight loss. :-)
    No worries!

My favourite way to track progress is through comparison pictures and tape measurements. I use the scale too, but don't trust it very much due to the fact that your body weight can fluctuate throughout the day due to water weight and such!
    At this stage of my life, I do 3 things:
    Hustle, Lift and Save Money.

Watch me Lift/Act the Fool/Play Basketball here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOq8Pu6_bjJiI2uYnEn0kHA

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry but 40lbs in about 13 weeks is not reasonable, particularly for a female (your username indicates this). You've already lost a lot, that's great, but weight loss slows and even for a beginner, it's unrealistic. 1lb a week is about right and pretty much the best expectation.

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Sorry but 40lbs in about 13 weeks is not reasonable, particularly for a female (your username indicates this). You've already lost a lot, that's great, but weight loss slows and even for a beginner, it's unrealistic. 1lb a week is about right and pretty much the best expectation.
    Thanks Sonti. I really appreciate your blunt honesty. :-)

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Hey all!
    There's no way to drop that much weight that quickly without causing complications to your health; a much more conservative approach is recommended in this forum. If you're currently under 200 pounds, a reasonable, realistic rate of weight loss would be 1- to 1 1/2 pounds per week. This also assumes you're weight training so as to maintain as much of your muscle mass as possible during an extended calorie deficit.
    No brain, no gain.

You can't out-train bad nutrition.

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym---updated pics:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Workout Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey all!
    how much do you weigh right now?If you were really heavy maybe but most likely not.