mastermind190 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lose belly fat. Skinny fat.

Hey all,

I am a skinny fat guy. I am very skinny but I have a huge belly and I am really starting to hate that. I am too lazy to go the gym and also don't have the time to go everyday or most of the days in the week. I don't have a gym membership that's why.

I don't even eat much but then why such a belly. It's aggravating. I am sure stress is a huge factor because I take a lot of stress about college and future and stuff. I don't think I can get rid of that.

Is there anything I can do to reduce this belly fat. Like drink something daily ? I don't eat breakfast. I have a cup of milk every morning for breakfast and that's it. Lunch and dinner is different everyday and there is always snacking. I have gone to the gym before and tried to get into shape, but due to school I had to quit. But now this is my last semester and I will be able to go to the gym regularly after the sem ends.

I can't have a diet plan either because I gotta eat what my mom makes. Can't say no. So it's kinda hard to really follow something. However, I am willing to change that up to a certain extent. As I said before I won't be going to the gym before May, so for now the focus can only be on eating.

Please tell me what I can do.

pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mastermind190 View Post
    Hey all,

I am a skinny fat guy. I am very skinny but I have a huge belly and I am really starting to hate that. I am too lazy to go the gym and also don't have the time to go everyday or most of the days in the week. I don't have a gym membership that's why.

I don't even eat much but then why such a belly. It's aggravating. I am sure stress is a huge factor because I take a lot of stress about college and future and stuff. I don't think I can get rid of that.

Is there anything I can do to reduce this belly fat. Like drink something daily ? I don't eat breakfast. I have a cup of milk every morning for breakfast and that's it. Lunch and dinner is different everyday and there is always snacking. I have gone to the gym before and tried to get into shape, but due to school I had to quit. But now this is my last semester and I will be able to go to the gym regularly after the sem ends.

I can't have a diet plan either because I gotta eat what my mom makes. Can't say no. So it's kinda hard to really follow something. However, I am willing to change that up to a certain extent. As I said before I won't be going to the gym before May, so for now the focus can only be on eating.

Please tell me what I can do.
    You need to find a way to address these things. Sorry but your nutrition needs to change if you want to lose fat. No, you cannot drink something daily. There are no shortcuts otherwise everybody would have ripped abs. I understand you are limited by what your mom cooks. Maybe you can have a conversation about trying to eat healthier? Read through the stickies and study up on what kind of nutrition you need. Also, don't be lazy. It doesn't matter that you don't have a gym membership. Go outside and run. Do push-ups. Go to a park and do pull-ups on the playground equipment. If you really want to make a change, you're going to have to put in the effort to do so.
    Twitter: @pmward70
    Instagram: @pmward70

S225kg/B147.5kg/D252.5kg @ 107.8kg
    S496lb/B325lb/D557lb @ 237.7lb

mastermind190 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I totally understand. Good point about running. I can barely run. Meaning I would run like 1/10 of a mile and get tired. How do I improve that? Keep running? 6 years back as a teenager I used to play sports everyday and I had no belly at all and I ran super fast. I was pretty proud of that. Now I feel ashamed. I moved to a different country and I lost all those friends and no sports here, so I can't play. Anyways my question about running.

radar717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) radar717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) radar717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) radar717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) radar717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) radar717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) radar717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) radar717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) radar717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) radar717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) radar717 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A gym would REALLY help. Can you even get to a planet fitness for $10 per month? If I were training you I'd start you out on the elliptical and have you just do 5 minutes on a resistance level thats just slighty hard. Do that untils it feels easy then add another 5 minutes. if you can do 10 minutes then thats your new benchmark if not go back to 5 for a couple weeks then try the 10 again. Repeat until you can do 30 mins (or keep going until you can do 45 min to 60 mins). It might take MONTHS to get there but there's no rush. Take as long as you need. Use a couple of the machines to up your strength and clean up your diet.

pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mastermind190 View Post
    I totally understand. Good point about running. I can barely run. Meaning I would run like 1/10 of a mile and get tired. How do I improve that? Keep running? 6 years back as a teenager I used to play sports everyday and I had no belly at all and I ran super fast. I was pretty proud of that. Now I feel ashamed. I moved to a different country and I lost all those friends and no sports here, so I can't play. Anyways my question about running.
    Building endurance is the same as building strength - progressive overload. Start off doing what you can and push it a little more each time whether that's for longer time or a faster pace. As far as sports, see if there is any sort of local park organization, church, YMCA, etc. that have leagues. You can join one of those and that'd be a good way to exercise and make friends. Also, be sure to incorporate some form of resistance training whether that's bodyweight or you get access to a gym. The gym would be far preferable but do what you can. And most importantly is that you get your nutrition in order. That will be the overwhelming factor in whether you lose fat or not. Success is at least 80% on the nutrition side, if not higher.
    Twitter: @pmward70
    Instagram: @pmward70

S225kg/B147.5kg/D252.5kg @ 107.8kg
    S496lb/B325lb/D557lb @ 237.7lb

Marc5577 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc5577 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc5577 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc5577 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc5577 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc5577 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc5577 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc5577 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc5577 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc5577 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc5577 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I understand your pain in this case. Even some of my close friends are suffering from it. However, if you don't like to go to the GYM or lazy then you may use some components which really help to reduce fat.

JustinGrey23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinGrey23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinGrey23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinGrey23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinGrey23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinGrey23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinGrey23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinGrey23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinGrey23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinGrey23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinGrey23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi mastermind190,

I used to be overweight in school so what I did was start with 5 push-up and 5 sit-ups a day (obviously when I started I was completely unfit and out of shape like you!) and then would increase that number by an additional 5 every week until I was doing 50 of each a day. There are many ways to get started at home without needing a gym membership, like resistance bands or hand weights or if don't want to spend money on those things you can always start like I did with sit-ups and push-ups. just remember, you build your fitness levels first, so start small and build your way up.

As for diet, there is simply no way around it, it makes up about 75% of your weight loss. Don't know how much junk food and sugar you consume but start by cutting those things out of your diet first and will definitely help. (another thing I did when I started my weight loss journey)

Hope that helps!

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Look at what you what posted. "I'm lazy and I don't have a grip on what I eat". Well, yeah, that's your problem, isn't it? You think a drink is going to fix that? That's exactly how fat people get fat, and you're right on the road to it (in the future, you won't just be skinny fat, you'll just be fat).

You're going to have to learn some discipline. To many, you have it easy - you're in college, you don't have to cook, you've got no kids, you don't work full-time, the world is your oyster. Others work full-time, take care of children, and still study. Yet, there's time to eat healthy and train. Why? Because it becomes a priority. So, what's your priority? Right now, your priority is being helpless when you've got quite the ideal situation. If you can't get a grip on this now, the future won't be pretty because it only gets more difficult.

You need commitment, not motivation.