Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)

Magg's cut log 2.0

Hey y'all,
    I'm going ahead and starting my log 2.0, if you want to call it that. I did a log last year and I felt I made some good progress, actually better now than I was a year ago, but I halted progress. It sucks not knowing what I could have done sticking with the plan the whole time. Here's to a better year, better results, and a better log.

Diet:

Honestly I don't know macros and I know I'm close to a deficit. I know I've cut my carbs and that's when I see my best results. I've also been fasting for 12 hours per day. Having last meal at 9-930 and resuming 9-930 next day.

Training Regiment:

Been through some grueling heavy bodybuilding style training. Recently de-loaded this week and upped the cardio. Went from evening lifting with no-moderate cardio, to training first thing fasted and 30 min cardio. Fixing to throw some HIIT sessions in and some plyo moves.

I hope to find some encouragement, motivation, and self accountability through this log. Will post some stats and pics coming up.

Thanks if you follow along.
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!

scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yesterday was a rest day for me. I fasted for 15 hours yesterday, having my first meal at 12:30.

I had 8 oz top sirloin steak and 2 cups of broc****
    My snack for yesterday was hot pork skins dipped in bean dip
    Dinner was half a rotisserie chicken, no skin or fat and a greens salad with light Italian dressing
    Bed time snack was half a box of sugar free pistachio pudding, 2 scoops of pb whipped in heavy cream cool whip

Worked out this morning light arm workout, wont go through the whole thing, but started with 10 minute walking, followed
    by my arm workout, finalized with 20 min on stair mill. I am gonna keep the cardio the same for next few days, then ramp
    it up with some HIIT movements.

Still fasting as my last meal was 8:30 pm, aside from the BCAAs during my workout.

Will post up weight and pics by Monday.

I just broke my 12 hour fast as I type this.

Yesterday's fast was broken at 9:00am as well.
    6 whole eggs, 3 turkey sausage links, 1/4 cup shredded cheese

Lunch was 6 oz grilled chicken breast and salad.
    Salad is turnip greens, collard greens, mustard greens, bell pepper, green olives, little bit of tomato, real bacon bits, sunflower seed, and topped with light Italian dressing.

Snack was 14 almonds and a MP birthday cake crunch combat bar

Dinner was half a rotisserie chicken, no skin or fat, and salad.
    I also snacked on hot pork skins and bean dip

Pre-bed snack was 1 scoop of whey, 2 tbspns PB, 6 tbspns of heavy cream cool whip, then I freeze it and half a box of sugar free pudding.

This morning was shoulder, nothing to failure, actually one set was a drop set to failure.
    20 min on stair mill, legs were toast as this is new for me. Then 30 min brisk walking on treadmill.

My legs are sore as heck, but I am gonna keep on the stair mill, as it causes me to breathe heavy and sweat a ton!
    Gonna do something for the big game tomorrow, maybe smoke some ribs or chicken. Thinking of some jalepeno poppers or
    something crazy. Dunno yet.

Well not much to report other than the gluttony that took place after I last updated. Not what happened yesterday, as I kept it surprising moderate for the big game. I smoked chicken breast, wings, and ribs for the game, skipping lunch. Saturday was a different story. I sent my wife to Chick-Fil-A as I was watching my 8 month old son, while my wife took the 3 other boys to a birthday party. I asked she bring back some grilled nuggets and came back with the deep fried ones. I couldn't waste them. It slid from there. Donuts, cookies, pizza, ice cream, all down hill. I gave in and I faltered. I went in the gym on Sunday trained chest for a good workout, but no cardio. Today my chest and shoulders are sore from this weekend, so I rested this morning. Still fasting as of right now tho. I weighed a whopping 260 lbs this morning and took a picture, I can upload it later. Today, we will start counting calories and start doing this right.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/pe...gard/103044537
    Last edited by scrossmaggard; 02-06-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Yesterday

Was a rest day. I fasted till 11 am and ate a quest bar to break my fast. I tracked my calories and much to my surprise like a noob, all the small things in a day add up. Duh! 3100 cals yesterday. Finished up the smoked chicken and ribs from Sunday, actually have one breast left today for lunch. I cooked up some eggs and turkey sausage to break my fast around 9:30 today. My goal for today would be consume less than 2500 cals today. I am thinking of picking up an over the counter appetite suppressor, especially for the evenings.

Went to the gym this morning, but weighed myself before going. Scale read 255 and isn't surprising seems I have dropped my carbs significantly since Saturday and Sunday. I trained back and spent 20 min on the stepmill after my workout. I woke up this morning with my left big toe sore for unknown reasons. I am not going to let that set me back. Not ideal meal plan yesterday, but I am a little more prepared today.

Not a good day

Foot still bothering me. Went to doctor to run bloods and potential treatment for gout. I hope this is nothing.

Tests came back negative for gout. Liver enzymes, A1C, and hemoglobin levels were elevated. BP was a fantastic 120/80. Doctor seems to think it's still gout. My foot is sore, definitely not as bad as Tuesday. Doc did prescribe a script of phentermine to help me get my weight down. 264 at the doc office. I've started tart cherry juice and Bragg ACV to help elevate any uric acid levels. I had a bad day Wednesday, but yesterday and today are spot on. Most definitely decreased hunger since Wednesday. I did workout Tuesday morning and took Wed/Thur off. I did go again this morning. Not much on the treadmill, but the stair mill don't seem to bother the foot as much. Traveling for business on Monday, hope to have a good weekend.

This week

Friday's morning workout was arms, followed by 25 min on the step mill. When I get back from St. Louis on Wednesday, I am going to step up to 30 min. I'd like to dedicate an entire hour workout to the step mill. Saturday's workout was shoulders, followed by 25 min on step mill. No leg workouts since I started the step mill. I have been cramping while on the machine, so I pretty scared. Today was chest and 20 min on the step mill. Breakfast all 3 days has been the same. 5 whole eggs, 3 turkey sausage links, and sprinkles of shredded cheese. Lunch Friday was with my boss a Fazzolis. I had a grilled chicken salad with lite ranch dressing and one bread stick. Skipped dinner Friday and had my protein whipped cream and PB concoction. Yesterday's lunch was half a rotisserie chicken, small baked potato with shredded cheese. My second of four sons had a birthday party. So I had 4 pieces of pizza and a piece of cake. No dinner, no late night snack. I could not resist.
    I still have not ate lunch yet, but had a serving of baked french fries with ketchup since breakfast. The bag reads 150 cals per serving. So not bad. Tomorrow morning I travel to St. Louis for work. I will be gone three days and plan to do some cardio. Don't know if the hotel has a gym. I will venture outside if they don't, which will be a first for me. When I travel I need to take it outside more often.

Could have been worse

Well, I am back from my trip and it could have been a lot worse. We ended up staying at a lodge out in the middle of no where and there was not a gym. There were some hiking trails and I was able to find some spare time to engage in the trails. I'd try to sprint up the hills and walk down on the down hill. I spent over an hour and half doing this before dinner. This trip started at 3:00 am Monday morning, getting to the air port at 5:00 for my early flight. We had ihop when we landed and I had a ham and cheese omelette with harvest nut pancakes, sugar free syrup. Lunch was a grilled chicken cobb salad. Dinner was antipasto salad, meatballs, shrimp scampi, and parmesean crusted chicken. I had a few beers and a couple shots of tequila. Tuesday was a protein shake for breakfast. I protein bar for snack. Lunch was fried chicken, cole slaw, and grean beans. I peeled the skin off the chicken. Dinner was salad, ribs, chicken, and pulled pork. During this whole time I avoided bread and starchy carbs, aside from the booze. This morning was at the airport we had an omelette with has browns. I ate a take 5 on the plane. I have developed some sort of stomach virus and have not ate since the candy bar. I hope to feel better in the morning.

First gym session for the week was this morning. Aside from the trail hiking and running. Been decent on the meal choices since being back home. Grabbed a few pork skins one time and ate a turkey and provolone roll up. Everything has been pretty much clean. First day back on the stepmill had me second guessing myself this morning. Having trouble half way through, but finished with 22 min. I really need a better nutrition plan put together and planning my meals. I've adopting eating on the fly, rotisserie chicken, chicken salads, lucky panda smart choices, but I'm missing a solid piece of the puzzle and I want to do better.

peanut butter wheysted doievenlifttho's Avatar
    doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by scrossmaggard View Post
    First gym session for the week was this morning. Aside from the trail hiking and running. Been decent on the meal choices since being back home. Grabbed a few pork skins one time and ate a turkey and provolone roll up. Everything has been pretty much clean. First day back on the stepmill had me second guessing myself this morning. Having trouble half way through, but finished with 22 min. I really need a better nutrition plan put together and planning my meals. I've adopting eating on the fly, rotisserie chicken, chicken salads, lucky panda smart choices, but I'm missing a solid piece of the puzzle and I want to do better.
    You got this!!! At least you're trying right? Not just giving up because things aren't perfect. That's the hardest part and looks like you've got it down

Rotisserie chicken tastes sooo good, especially when its hot and fresh. Stepmill/stairmaster is the worst lol, I keep telling myself I will "get used to it" but I still need two bath towels when I go on it because I sweat so much and its still such a struggle lmao

Originally Posted by doievenlifttho View Post
    You got this!!! At least you're trying right? Not just giving up because things aren't perfect. That's the hardest part and looks like you've got it down

Rotisserie chicken tastes sooo good, especially when its hot and fresh. Stepmill/stairmaster is the worst lol, I keep telling myself I will "get used to it" but I still need two bath towels when I go on it because I sweat so much and its still such a struggle lmao
    Thanks for the kind words of encouragement!

My bro in law and his GF came to visit this weekend. We went to fuzzys Friday night and top golf. I ate a grilled fish salad with a side of guacamole. Nothing but water to drink. Sat am gym session was shoulders, followed by 22 min on step mill. Went to the mall had a donut, cool wrap from chick fila, and then a small oreo blizzard. I gave in. Hopefully I burned off the donut and blizzard with all the walking. Had smoked chicken, cole slaw (vinegar based), and a plain baked potato for dinner. Then came the stomach flu. I worked through it Sun am going to the gym working back and no cardio. Then laid in bed. Honestly can't remember what I ate sun, but it wasn't much. Today missed my alarm and hit the road for work. Had a shake for breakfast, some jerky to snack. Lunch was a 6" turkey sandwich from subway. No cheese, with lite mayo and mustard. Found a local gym on the road and worked chest. Eating soules bagged chicken and a Atkins meal for dinner.

Highlights: haven't missed the gym since Friday, despite traveling and company visiting. Also weighed a low for this thread at 252 today. Plan on going to the gym again tomorrow before work.

Legs

This morning I finally nerved up and trained legs. I haven't touched the step mill since Saturday, so why the heck not? I'm sure I will be feeling the ill effects later. Still no tracking, just eating my typical breakfast, 4 eggs, turkey sausage, with low fat cheese. I struck another cold. It has always been something. I swear I am not a hypochondriac! Hacking phlegm and coughing. Terrible. I skipped tue and wed in the gym. Macros are still not being tracked. Feeling hungry most days and having salads for lunch skipping dinner, or having something small, then my concouction before bed. Still plugging

240's

Weighed in at 248 this morning. 3 lbs shy of losing 20 lbs since my doctors appt. I don't know how I feel about this. I'm not sure if this is too fast, or if I was holding lots of water at the doctors office. Anyway had some turkey and string cheese for dinner, followed by my protein powder, pb, and whipped cream sludge. Trained shoulders today, normally Fridays I train arms. What the heck! Anyways I followed my workout with 15 min on step mill. My legs were feeling achy and starting to cramp from training them yesterday. Can't wait to see how they feel tomorrow.

Refeed day

Honestly been feeling sluggish and paranoid of losing too much too quickly I am having a refeed today. Had a grilled chicken salad for lunch yesterday, actually had a dinner too. Had a grilled chicken naked bowl from qdoba. No rice or beans, no cheese, pico, lettuce, grilled veggies, and guacamole. Can't forget the cholula. No concouction tho, but had some PB and protein powder. Trained arms this morning and only 10 min on the step mill. Legs are toast. Had a pop tart before and after training. Had some egg whites, chicken sausage, baked fries, and pancakes for breakfast. Trying to keep the fat low today and up the carbs. My stomach no likey the carbs, but my body is a furnace right now. I'm hot and sweaty. I plan on making a low fat home made pizza today as well.

peanut butter wheysted doievenlifttho's Avatar
    doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doievenlifttho is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by scrossmaggard View Post
    Honestly been feeling sluggish and paranoid of losing too much too quickly I am having a refeed today. Had a grilled chicken salad for lunch yesterday, actually had a dinner too. Had a grilled chicken naked bowl from qdoba. No rice or beans, no cheese, pico, lettuce, grilled veggies, and guacamole. Can't forget the cholula. No concouction tho, but had some PB and protein powder. Trained arms this morning and only 10 min on the step mill. Legs are toast. Had a pop tart before and after training. Had some egg whites, chicken sausage, baked fries, and pancakes for breakfast. Trying to keep the fat low today and up the carbs. My stomach no likey the carbs, but my body is a furnace right now. I'm hot and sweaty. I plan on making a low fat home made pizza today as well.
    Omg I know that feeling!!! I swear like crazy after refeeds too lol, and the best part is the workouts the next day. Insane pumps haha.

Everything you post sounds so good...poptarts and pancakes. Do you eat the reduced fat poptarts or the regular ones? Just curious Bc apparently they exist and people on the forums have mentioned them but I've never been able to find them yet.

Enjoy that pizza!!!

Originally Posted by doievenlifttho View Post
    Omg I know that feeling!!! I swear like crazy after refeeds too lol, and the best part is the workouts the next day. Insane pumps haha.

Everything you post sounds so good...poptarts and pancakes. Do you eat the reduced fat poptarts or the regular ones? Just curious Bc apparently they exist and people on the forums have mentioned them but I've never been able to find them yet.

Enjoy that pizza!!!
    Pop tarts i ate were regular frosted strawberry that I got in a pinch at the gas station. The low fat ones do exist but limited in flavors. The box is green I think.

Pizza was ok, I envisioned something different in my head, versus what came out. I tried a home made dough recipe, but should have opted for store bought. I at a few pieces then I trashed it. LOL

Yesterday I trained chest and did 15 min on the step mill. Legs were fried. This morning was all cardio. 25 min on step mill and 20 min walking on treadmill. Yesterday I skipped my egg meal, but had a package of beef jerky while shopping. Afterwards I had chicken sausage with onion, mushroom, bell pepper, and cheese. Lunch was of the same, minus chicken sausage and add lean ground beef instead. I didn't eat much after lunch. I meal prepped some salads stuff, blanched and grilled some chicken. I ate half a breast I cooked to make sure it tasted good!
    Before bed I had my protein, pb, whipped cream concouction. I am prepared to eat my own meals and don't foresee traveling this week. Will see how it goes. I will weigh tomorrow just to see how I'm doing. I feel I'm holding water from my refeed.

Tracked Macros Finally

Had my usual breakfast yesterday, 4 eggs, chicken sausage link, low fat cheese. I was unusually hungry yesterday, eating beef jerky before lunch. Lunch was grilled chicken over spinach and kale, with boiled egg, cucumber, tomato, onion, mushroom, sunflower seeds, and non fat light italian dressing. Again, unusually hungry and dinner was 8 oz low fat beef with onion and mushroom, topped with guacamole. Concoction before bed. Around 2500 cals 233 protein, 83 carbs/13 fiber, 135 fat. This morning was focus on rear shoulders. I am obsessed with my rear shoulders and would like to bring them up. I will train them around my re-feed again this week. Finished with 100 reps of db snatches and 25 min on the step mill. Just trucking along at this point.

Not much to report

Same ole breakfast yesterday, lunch was the same. No snacks in between. Last day of the month is always crazy for work, to top it off my my oldest two of four boys had their first tee ball game last night. Rush Rush Rush. Sipped on BCAA's for dinner, then rushed home got the kids cleaned up and in bed. Had some almonds and pepperoni while my concoction set up in the freezer. Definitely a busy day, so was in a deficit at 1870 cals/ 150 grams protein/ 64 grams carbs 9 grams fiber/ 115 grams fat. This morning was light arm workout, followed by DB snatches. I focused on explosion during my snatches this morning, using a heavier weight than yesterday. Spent 22 min on the step mill and 10 min on the treadmill. Legs are feeling sore, but I am noticing some serious definition and vascularity in my legs. Had a rice cake and protein shake after my workout today.

Yesterday was the same breakfast, aside from the protein shake and rice cake post work out. Tested my glucose levels after the shake and rice cake and was at 100 even, so I feel my body is needing some post workout carbs. Same lunch, but had an ounce of beef jerky and some flax seed crackers. I only ate 3 of those crackers because they were not pleasant. Felt like bird food. Wasted 6 bucks. Dinner was almonds and more beef jerky, followed by my concoction. 2265 cals / 222 grams protein/ 97 grams carbs 12 grams fiber/ 109 grams of fat. This morning I trained back muscles, followed by 25 min on step mill and 10 min on treadmill. Legs are not as sore as they were yesterday. I had another rice cake and protein shake followed by my workout. I feel like I am making some good progress and will test my weight Saturday morning. Might not go too crazy on Saturday with the carbs. May just stay moderate.

2171 calories taken in yesterday. 242 grams of protein, 84 grams of carbs/9 grams of fiber, 96 grams of fat. No snacks between meals, aside from post workout shake and rice cake. Shake and cake baby! No big changes, aside from lunch was chicken, Brussel sprouts, broc****, and cottage cheese. Had a dinner with chicken and low fat cheese. Worked rear shoulders again this morning, followed by DB snatches, then 20 min on step mill. I saw my weight this morning, but I will re-weigh again tomorrow before re-feed. It's go time!

Tomorrow will be leg day......

Brutality

I weighed in at 245 this morning. New low for 2017 Yesterday was 2356 calories, 248 grams protein/ 74 grams of carbs, 8 grams of fiber/ 119 grams of fat. Same ole post workout and breakfast, lunch was 6 oz chicken, hot sauce, raw cauliflower, butter, low fat cheese, 2 boiled eggs, and guacamole. Dinner was low fat burger topped with sf ketchup and mustard. Concoction before bed. This morning's leg workout was brutal. Wide stance leg press, with final two sets rest pause and isotension holds. RDL deadlifts, Pistol squats, followed by lunge squats. Then lying ham curls, following with leg extensions focusing on contractions. Then I manned up for 15 min on the step mill. I am fearing the DOMS for the days to come. I wanted to throw some front squats and lunges in, but I was spent. I carbed up, as I already consumed 1200 cals and 200 grams of carbs. Low fat. I ate half a lemon poppy seed complete cookie before and after workout. Protein shake post workout. 3 blueberry pancakes and two bowls of frosted mini shredded wheat. I got some baked low fat fries to accompany the rest of the meals today and a california pizza. Prolly have some low fat frozen yogurt today as well. Carry on!

Current state. Please excuse body hair. Not quite beach season.

Kept it surprisingly within reason yesterday and tracked it all. 2600 cals, 140 grams protein, 356 grams carbs/28 grams fiber, 72 grams of fat. I had to skip dinner and ice cream to keep it under control. I haven't ate since about 2:30 yesterday, but having a sonic ice cream cone post workout right now. Glucose was 110 this morning which tells me my body is running efficiently. Trained chest for an extended session, only 10 min on step mill. Legs are fried. Spent 30 min on treadmill. Going for cardio only the next two days. We shall see.

Yesterday was a weird day for me, as in being at home all day and not gorging on food. We spent a couple hours shopping and the kids kept me busy, so I think that might have helped. I had to reach for another meal before my pre-bed meal after looking at my log, so I ate some 6 oz chicken breast and cottage cheese to help along my protein numbers. Yesterday was 2442 cals, 227 grams protein, 99 grams carbs/10 grams fiber, 129 grams of fat. I kept mostly cardio this morning, but I wanted to get some blood flowing in my lower back. Felt great. Hyper-extensions and then stiff leg deadlifts (super light weight), then some DB snatches. I think I went 6 rounds x 2 (one for each side), for 10 reps. 120 reps total. Then spent 20 min on step mill and 20 min on treadmill. I'll be finding ways to get more cardio in this week and planning for more cardio tomorrow. Back on Wednesday, arms on Thursday, shoulders on Friday. That is the tentative plan.

Update

2320 cals yesterday. Ate same ole breakfast. 6 oz chicken breast, 80 grams brusssel sprouts and 80 grams broc**** for both dinner and lunch. Feeling lean and mean! Spent 25 min on step mill and 10 min on treadmill this morning. No HIIT. Post workout was a shake and oatmeal with cinnamon and Splenda. Ran out of rice cakes. Thinking of incorporating a small meal before training. But I leave the house at 4:45 and in the gym by 5:15 every day. Will see how things go.

2570 calories yesterday. 350 coming from a random snack I picked up at Trader Joe's. I got some baked cheese snacks. Low carb, high protein, but high fat. I'll post a pic. Dang they were good. 252 P, 132 C, 120 F. I worked arms this morning, just spuradic. Started with dips, then B.B. Curls, with a drop set, alternating wide and narrow grip. Then cable press downs, incline DB curls, close grip bench, and finally concentration curls. 15 min on the step mill. Was running short on time. I had a rice cake before and after my workout. A shake to follow my workout as well. Shake N Cake baby! I'll be looking to make some high protein muffins to eat pre workout. I found a recipe I want to try. Until tomorrow!