Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)

Jan 2

Yesterday’s nutrition was:

215C 122F 259P 2973 cals

Ate a lil too much fat and not enough protein for my goals. Looking closer to 300 grams protein and 100 grams fat. I ate some crab salad high in fat. Will be cutting that out. Not trying to play all my cards at once.

This mornings workout was fasted.

20 min free motion elipitical

Machine shoulder press 4x10
    Machine preacher curl 4x10
    Machine arm extension 4x12
    DB front lateral raises 4x10
    Incline DB curls 4x10
    Thick bar (4”) cable pres downs 4x12
    Reverse incline rear DB flys 4x10
    Standing DB curls 4x10
    Close grip bench 4x10
    DB side lateral raises AMRAP triple drop sets

Didn’t have time for anymore planned cardio before I had to leave. Will try to get in some form of active time today.
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!

scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)

Jan 3

Yesterday was a pretty stressful day at work and at home. Stayed within my parameters of my nutrition. 238C 113F 268P 3096 calories. Breakfast is 2 slices bacon, onion, green pepper, 3 eggs, wrapped in high fiber wraps and sriracha sauce. Mid morning is a power crunch bar. Lunch is baked chicken breast, broc****, and rice or easy Mac. That’s meals 3 and 4 both. Mid pm snack is rice cakes and on. Dinner was beef or venison with baked fries. Had 2 glasses of skim milk, then before bed 2 scoops of protein a cup of berries and cool whip.

This morning was training fasted. Walked for 20 min on treadmill.
    Supinated grip lat cable pulls 4x10
    Lying cable straight arm extensions 4x10
    Smith machine rows 4x10
    Reverse incline DB rows 4x10
    Reverse incline dB flys 2x25
    Cross body DB hammer curls 4x10
    Hyperextnsions 4x10
    KB swings 2x20

Lower back got a little tight, noticed my hams were too. Prolly from legs two days ago. Looking towards tomorrow for increased cardio and HIIT movements. Hoping to drop the fat more today and raise protein. Drinking home brewed diet green tea today to spark the metobolism as well.

Carry on.

Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by scrossmaggard View Post
    Lots have changed since last update. Moved back to Missouri, changed gyms, jobs, and lifestyle. Figured I’d recharge this thread with a NYD update and get back to logging again. I’ll log nutrition for the day tomorrow. I trained legs today and went to a satellite gym, as my main gym was closed today.

Warm up: 10 min free motion elliptical

Single leg extensions: 4x8+8 partials each leg each set

Hypertension: 3x10 just to get the lower back and hams activated

Smith machine squats: 4x10 with static 5 sec holds each rep

Leg press: 4x15 light weight with super narrow stance, did a final burnout set AMRAP

Calf extensions: 3x20 using the leg press

Adductors: 4x10 using super slow negatives, normally use explosive reps so this was different for me

Lying single leg ham curls: 4x10 again focusing on negative

I normally workout fasted in the morning but my gym is closed. I ate 1/4 cup dry cream of wheat, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 tbspn PB, and SF choc syrup before working out. Didn’t feel sluggish, felt great but had burps during the workout. Sitting down now to chicken, broc****, and Mac n cheese post workout. Thanks for reading!
    What part of MO? Go Chiefs!

Originally Posted by Wlindqu1 View Post
    What part of MO? Go Chiefs!
    Springfield

Tomahawk Chop!

Self honesty and accountability

Well yesterday was a trying moment for me. I got invited to lunch with a friend and we went to Golden Corral. I had in mind to keep it moderate and I think I did so, but I was thinking of not logging it. I began thinking it was not honest of myself to do such and need to keep myself accountable. So I logged it and got the nutrition from the website. I had spinach salad topped with grilled chicken and broc**** with light Italian dressing. Pickled beets, roasted chicken breast, pot roast, sweet potato, cabbage, and a slice of cheesecake. It was over 1000 cals by estimating. The only goal I have it to be consistent and log everything, hoping to stay within 3200 cals for now. Then I will ease into the restricted part by lowering fat, carbs, and calories. I don’t plan to log my weight or make changes until Feb 1st. I just need a groove then adjust from there.

Yesterday’s numbers were 204C 128F 261P 3058 cals. Same breakfast and mid morning snack, dinner was vension with broc**** and wild rice. No milk for snack, but had my protein, berries, and whipped cream before bed.

Today was fasted chest and triceps. Warmed up for 15 min brisk walking on treadmill.
    Machine press 4x10
    Low pulley cable fly 4x10
    Tricep cable press down 4x10
    Incline DB press 4x10
    Incline DB fly 4x10
    Incline KB overhead tri extension 4x10
    Machine fly (pec dec) 4x10
    Incline BB press 4x10

Felt pretty good and strong this morning, did the DB press with 80’s. It’s getting the DBs in place without help that I struggle with, not the actual movement. Finished with 175 on the incline BB press and was good considering it was near the end.

I have a cheat meal planned tomorrowith my family. I’ll be training legs in the morning, it will not be fasted.
    Happy Friday!

Brutal leg day

This morning was legs and I didn’t train fasted. Pop tart and shake before workout and a pop tart afterwards.

Warmed up recumbent bike 15 min
    Leg extensions 4x15
    Lying leg curls 4x15
    Hack squats 4x15
    Barbel lunges 6x8 legs were starting to give here, didn’t make it close to 12-15 reps, extended the set with lower reps
    Calf extensions machine toes out 4x25
    Seated DB shrugs 4x25 light weight
    Stiff legged DL super stretch 4x15
    Reverse incline Superman DB raises 4x15
    Sissy squats 4x15 body weight
    Calf extension machine toes in 4x25

Went over a tad in calories yesterday but was flirting with disaster. Didn’t hit protein numbers, went over 300 grams of carbs. My oldest sons birthday was yesterday so I gave into a slice of cake and a piece of pizza.

302C 114F 223P 3214 cals

Today is already high at over 1000 cals and 200 grams of carbs. Hopefully don’t go too high.

Here is to honesty.

Yesterday ended miserably at over 3800 calories. Some very bad foods were ate, like a Big Mac, 1/4 pounder with cheese, small fries, slice of pepperoni pizza, ended up giving into stress. Today has been better and back in the swing of things. No exercise today, a complete rest day. Will post my nutrition tomorrow and looking at my exercise approach for this coming week.

Hurt finger

Well this morning was supposed to be back and biceps, but I tried cutting my finger off last night setting animal traps. I have it wrapped in gauze and medical tape, should get stitches, but avoiding the doctor. Worked arms with limited grip.

20 min step mill
    Lat machine pull down 2x25
    Tricep cable press down 4x25
    Barbel curls (21’s) went 4x30
    Lying DB tricep extension 4x25
    Sitting DB curls 4x25
    Lying skull crushers 4x25
    Standing DB concentration curls 4x25 each side
    Tricep machine press down 4x25

Was bleeding a bit through gauze during the pulldowns, so I changed my workout.

Yesterday was 268C 172F 262P 3205 calories. Had a small cheats in there before church, French toast sticks x3 no syrup and Cini minis no icing, other than that clean eating. Should be another clean eating day.

Hoping my hand/finger heals.

Jan 7

Had an ideal macro day yesterday and hit my splits. 297C 100F 307P 3213 cals and stayed shy of highly processed foods doing it too. Most meals were steamed brown rice, broc****, and grilled chicken breast. I add hot sauce for taste. Bought a bag of red potatoes for the next few days to switch from the rice.

Fasted workout this morning, still have a bandage on my finger. Worked chest as it didn’t seem to bother my grip too much.

Free form elliptical 20 min
    Machine chest press 4x25
    Incline DB fly 4x25
    Flat BB bench 4x25
    Medicine ball close grip push-up 4x10 supersetted with
    Standing DB fly 4x10
    Stepmill 10 min

Just plugging right along. Probably hit some light legs tomorrow and cardio. Might look to drop my cals by 200 or so next week or just take away carbs from a meal if I stay consistent.

Party on!

Jan 8

Had some decent numbers yesterday wasn’t feeling hungry, felt like I had to cram food to hit my numbers. 337C 90F 269P and 3135 cals. Most of the food was usual, aside from two Bang Keto Coffee RTDs and a bag of beef jerky,
    as I was on the road quite a bit. Need to do some cooking tonight, brought some tuna with me today.

Fasted workout this am Initially was going to train legs, but thought I’d saving legs for Friday.
    20 min step mill
    Machine shoulder press 4x20
    DB side laterals 4x20
    Reverse incline rear DB lateral 4x20
    Band pulls 4x20
    Smith shoulder press 4x20
    KB swings 5x20
    KB thrusters 2x12

Was burnt by the end and didn’t opt for more cardio. Again not weighing myself until the end of Jan, but I might make some nutrition changes next week.

Adios

Jan 9

Yesterday was a ok day in terms of nutrition and eating. I went off the grid and got some Chick-fil-a for lunch. 2-cool wraps, no sauce, medium fry, and a Coke Zero to drink. I think I haven’t mentioned is that I am a diet soda addict, but I really limit the consumption during times of making changes to my physique. I haven’t been consuming much, but have been drinking a half gallon of green tea, with 2-tbspns of Splenda in lieu.

The numbers form yesterday were 230C 131F 281P and 3142 cals. I also am making changes with my nutrient timing, some will day it doesn’t matter, I say why not give it a try. I am going to make the transition to have a protein shake before training and after, then have some sugars, keeping my carbs high in the mornings. I’ll taper off, aside from my berries at night. Fattier meals with lower carbs will be later in the day.

This morning was a fasted workout.
    20 min treadmill
    Machine pull down 4x20
    Bent over BB rows 4x20
    Reverse incline supported DB rows 4x20
    Straight arm pulldowns 4x20
    Incline DB pullovers 4x20
    Cable rows 4x20

No more time for additional cardio. Finger is healing and will be able to train heavier soon. Tomorrow will be legs and then cardio on Sat. I plan to be off Sunday then will re-evaluate my workout split.

Carry on wayward.

Holy Carbs

Yesterday was over my goal. Fell victim to late eating due to boredom. Grabbed an extra 250 unnecessary calories eating triscuits and ez canned cheez. 363C 83F 267P 3328 cals wish my protein was higher and carbs lower. Fat was in check staying under 100 grams. I feel good, energized, and motivated in the gym.

Trained legs today. Had a protein shake before training and after. Also had 2 servings of Cap’n Crunch and skim milk
    post workout as well. I’m going to keep that model, as I crave kids cereal at times. This will curb that hopefully and not gorge late at night.

Stepmill 10 min
    Leg extensions 4x20
    Machine adductor 4x20
    Seated ham curls 4x20
    BB squats 1x15, 4x12 lower back getting light and hips getting irritated here
    Incline leg press 4x20 feet low toes out
    Sissy squats 4x10 supersetted with step ups 4x10

Legs are fried, no valve work or post cardio

Tomorrow I’m traveling to KC to watch the Chiefs. I’ll be tailgating and hope not to over indulge. The plan is to keep moderate. Grill some steaks and potatoes and limit the alcohol. I’ll be doing cardio in the morning before traveling.

Go Chiefs!

This weekend

Welp, I’m back at home and the Chiefs won! Great game and experience, even though KC got a foot of snow. I did drink beer and ate some naughty tailgate foods. I prepared steak, jalapeño/cheddar bratwurst, baked potato, sausage/cream cheese jalapeño peppers, all on the grill in the snow storm. I snacked on peanuts during th game. Stayed overnight and ate out breakfast first thing before traveling home.

Highlights: I made it to the gym before driving to KC and trained arms. Forgot to log it, also did some cardio. Logged over 10k steps yesterday on my iPhone somehow. Spent 10 hours out in the cold and enjoyed myself. Back at home and cooking food today for the week.

I plan on dropping to 3000 cals this coming week. Planning to train 3 body parts per workout and dedicate 2 days per week for cardio only. That’s my goals for the week, just need to execute.

Ps. My legs are still sore from
    Friday

Have a great day.

Small changes

Hit the gym this morning. Shake before and after. Also, having an English muffin with Peach preserves post workout. Ran out of milk and cereal. Trained chest, shoulders, and triceps.

10 min step mill
    Machine press 4x12
    Machine lateral raise 4x12
    Tricep cable press 4x12
    Incline DB press 4x12
    Seated front DB raise 4x12
    Close grip bench 4x12
    High pulley cable fly 4x12
    Reverse high pulley cable fly 4x12
    Overhead DB tricep extension 4x12
    Decline pushups 4x12
    No cardio

Dropping 200 cals this week making 3000 my target. Dedicating Tue and Thur to cardio. Let’s make it happen!

Missed goal

I missed my calorie goal yesterday. 3133 calories 288C 97F 252P

Agreed to go to lunch with a friend and spent some extra calories at Taco Bell.
    Kept it low fat with fresco menu. Still recorded 800 calories. I find if I spend my calories too early I will fail. I find I need to same some for the night when I get home.

This morning was fasted training with 15 min brisk walking on incline treadmill then 15 mill step mill. Found my self working abs.
    Ab machine 4x12
    Lying leg raises 4x12
    KB swings 4x12
    KB goblet squats 4x12
    Planks, while alternating leg raises.

No post workout cardio.
    Had a concoction consisting on cream of wheat, protein powder, SF choc syrup, and PB. My god it is good. I enjoy it warm. Let’s see how today’s nutrition goes.

Peace out!

Almost

Logged 3001 cals yesterday for 252C 98F 256P it took 3 scoops of protein and a canned protein shake to hit my numbers. I had a protein cookie mid morning that had a ton of fiber that curved my appetite.

This morning was back and biceps with calves. I tore open my finger again on my first exercise, so I didn’t go as heavy as I liked.

Lat pulldowns 4x10
    Straight arm pull downs 4x10
    21’s (went 10 instead of 7) 4x30
    Reverse incline DB rows 4x10
    Hammer curls 4x10
    Bench supported DB rows 4x10
    Preacher DB curls 4x10
    Calf extensions 4x25

No cardio.

Feeling kinda icky to my stomach. Cardio inspired workout tomorrow. Hopefully my finger heals so I can go heavier soon.

C-ya

3185 cals

Yesterday’s numbers might be miscalculated. I had 100
    grams boiled fettuccini noodles and 6oz
    strip for dinner. The calculation I have shows 25 grams of fat for the steak, but I trimmed the fat before cooking. Also, not sure if my calculations are correct on the noodles prepared vs dry weight. Anyhow my 3000 teeters on if those are correct. 325C 100F 239P based on yesterday.

Trained fasted this morning with cardio, shoulders, and abs.
    30 min brisk walk on incline
    Machine shoulder press 4x12
    Machine crunch 4x12
    Seated DB lateral raise 4x12
    Decline MB pullover crunch 4x12
    Reverse incline DB fly 4x12
    Incline leg raises 4x12
    Standing weighted ab twist 4x12
    20 min brisk walk on incline

Had cream of wheat and protein powder post workout. Not sure what tomorrow brings, but I need to train legs at some point. That might be tomorrow or Saturday. We shall see.

Jan 18

Yesterday was a pretty good day, until I went to bed early then woke up and ravished my peanut butter and cool whip.
    Was at 3075 cals 274C 101F 269P before I went to sleep. Add another 300 or so calories, fat calories at that. Last night I made a cute little low carb pizza. The crust was chicken breast, mozzarella cheese, and eggs. Topped it with natural tomato sauce, turkey pepperoni, and more cheese. It was good. I will see more of these in my future, along with some protein cheesecakes. Just a week or two more of logging and tracking before I start digging in.

This morning I visited a power lifting barbell club with a friend and did some heavy bench press. I started with 135 for 20, 225 for 15, 275 for 10, then 315 for 6x3, then 225 for 20. I was pretty ecstatic of the weight I could move. I have not trained like that for a minute. I was glad to have a spotter and able to see what I could press. Then went to standing overhead press. 95x10, 105 x 10 for 5 sets, then 115 for 10 for 2 sets, then back down to 105 for 10. Not done these in a while as well. I think it was beneficial to switch it up. I took a shake before hand, then had 4 pieces of toast with peach preserves post workout, along with 3 eggs and 2 slices of bacon.

Tomorrow will be legs and higher calories. I am hoping to not go too high in calories and junk and not be able to get back in my groove. We will see what happens.

2985 calories

Had a good day nutrition wise 211C 97F 318P lunch was rotisserie chicken and brown rice. Had a birthday cake 3 musketeers, pretzel chips, and cottage cheese for snacks. Rotisserie chicken by itself and half a low carb pizza for dinner. Had some sugar free jello and a protein sludge concoction before bed.

Had a good leg workout this morning and had a shake before.

10 min brisk walk on incline treadmill
    Unilateral leg extensions 5x10 then 1 AMRAP
    Unilateral lying leg curls 5x10 then 1 AMRAP
    Hip abducctor 5x10 then 1 AMRAP
    Single leg press 5x10 then 1
    AMRAP
    Unilateral calf extensions 5x10 then 1
    AMRAP
    DB unilateral lunges 5x10 was toasted
    Hack squats 5x10 then done

No cardio afterward and had some strawberry flavored milk post workout.
    I hit up Krispy Kreme’s and now resting inside while it snows out side. Might go to the movie store and grab a pizza.

Splurged yesterday with 3 donuts, 4 pieces of pizza, a small order of fries, and a frosty. Also worked in a protein cheesecake and a low carb high protein pizza. Over 4000 calories 400F 175F 200P. I’m smoking a turkey today and have roasted chicken prepared.

Went to the gym on my rest day. 20 min cardio and arm workout. Just happy being honest, self accountable, and tracking to finish out January.

Jan 20

2805 calories. Was home most of the day, but was pre-occupied and didn't eat from boredom. 229C 105F 224P I had planned to eat a piece of my protein cheesecake, but didn't indulge. Instead had a SF ice cream sandwich and a protein PB concoction. Eggs and bacon for breakfast with toast. Crockpot chicken breast wraps for lunch. Cottage cheese and pretzels for snack. Ate the smoked turkey breast and baked potato for dinner. This morning I really didn't have plan and I am working around some aches and pains. #1, my finger still hasn't 100% healed and it formed a blood blister, so no pulling. #2, my back has been giving me fits at night, so no back. #3, my shoulder is sore from heavy bench presses on Friday, so no shoulders or pressing. My workout felt lackluster and ho hum.

30 min cardio, incline brisk walking on treadmill
    Machine shoulder press 4x10, just trying to warm it up
    Shoulder band stretching
    Incline crunch with medicine ball 4x12
    Incline leg raises 4x12
    Hyperextensions 4x12
    Low pulley cable lateral raises 4x10, super light weight
    Plank alternating leg raises 4x12
    More shoulder mobility and stretches with band
    Regular ole crunches

Had a shake pre and post workout, along with some PB crunch cereal with skim milk
    Just a couple more weeks, then shifting gears, cutting carbs, upping cardio, being more strict.

So long

Trending

Hit another goal being under 3000 cals two days in a row. 2906 cals, 256C, 97F, 254P. Ill give a run down of what I ate yesterday.

Pre-Workout, 1-scoop Muscletech whey

Post Workout, 1-scoop Muscletech whey, 240 ml skim milk, 46 grams of cocoa peanut butter puffs

Breakfast, 1-Muscletech protein cookie

Lunch, 6 oz smoked turkey breast, half a bag steamed broc****, 150 gram baked potato, with 2 tbspn BBQ sauce

Mid pm Snack, VPX Bang Keto Coffee, morel like a low fat protein shake with caffeine

Dinner, smoked turkey thigh sandwich on wheat with cheese and light ranch, sliced beets,

PM snack, low carb high protein pizza with mozzarella and canned chicken breast for crust, turkey pepperoni and cheese for topping

Before bed, 1/2 pint of halo top PB&J, 1 slice of protein cheesecake

Worked on shoulder flexibility and chest this morning, Warmed up 15 min on treadmill prior. Wont go into the whole workout. Trying to workout around my pain.

>2600 calories

Wasn't feeling the hunger. I added carbs before my workout and that might be it, or could be the added fiber from the protein cookie in the morning. 2559 cals, 223C 81F 236P

Preworkout, 1 scoop of whey, 6 gummy worms

Post workout, 1 scoop of whey, 40 grams of Choc PB puff cereal, 240 ml of skim milk

Breakfast, 1 Muscletech protein cookie

Lunch, 6 oz smoked turkey breast, 2 cups of broc****, 150 grams baked potato, 2 tbspn BBQ sauce

Mid pm snack, High protein/Low carb pizza. Crust is canned chicken breast with cheese and eggs, topped with sauce, cheese, turkey pepperoni

Dinner, 3 oz smoked turkey thigh, low carb tortilla, low fat processed cheese, light ranch

Late snack, 150 grams blackberries, 1 scoop of whey, 54 grams of cool whip

This morning was the same pre and post workout foods. Will be adding gatorade and EAA to workouts instead of gummy worms.
    This morning was abs and arms, still feeling sore in the shoulders and back.

20 min free motion eliptical
    Leg raises in roman chair, 4x10 - supersetted with hyperextenions
    Alt DB curls 4x10 -supersetted with tricep press downs
    Leg raises on flat bench 4x10
    Incline KB tricep extensions 4x10
    Alternating DB hammer curls 4x10
    Ab wheel rollouts, did 5 standing, then 2, then had to move to knees for 3x10
    DB medicine ball crunches 4x10
    Incline DB tricep extensions

Feeling the need for some dirty food. Will try to save some calories tonight and maybe enjoy a burger. Will try to stay within 3000 cals.

Kept it clean

2926 calories, 271C 99F 237P

Was thinking a burger and fry and saved the macros for it, but settled for more food. Turkey sandwich, pretzels, protein cheesecake, a protein mug cake, and pop corn. I felt better enjoying all that, aside from a burger.

I’m toying with the notion of entering a local show in about 20 or so weeks. I’ve never done one, but it’s something i would like to do. Not sure if it’s worth a plastic trophy to put my family through the hell I would ensue or if I could stay on track for 20 weeks. I will think about it and look at my BF levels the next few weeks. I’d need to lose 30 pounds or more in 20 weeks, which seems daunting.

This morning Ive changed my workout nutrition again. I added Gatorade powder to my workouts. So, a shake, then Gatorade, then a shake and cereal. It was only 22 grams this morning for shoulders. Going to added EAAs to the Gatorade as well.

20 min treadmill
    Machine lateral raise 4x12
    Machine shoulder press 4x12
    Behind the neck pull down 4x12
    Incline reverse DB fly 4x12
    DB shoulder press 4x12
    Seated DB lateral raise 4x12
    Extended set DB 3xAMRAP
    KB snatch 4x12

Shoulder and back are feeling better. Finger is still sore but not as bad. Tomorrow will be cardio and Saturday will be legs.

Cheers.

Jan 24

2845 calories yesterday 261C 93F 245P. I know if I want to make this show a priority, I am going to need to bring the fat down by 30 or so grams daily. More than likely will replace with protein and give me another 68-70 grams daily. 3000-2800 is where I want to start. I am 22 or so weeks away and will make an assessment in two weeks. I need to gauge my starting point and if I am too fat, then I wont do it.

Morning was usual: 2 scoops of whey, 1 before and 1 after, had 22 grams of dextrose during workout and cereal with skim milk post workout.

Mid morning was a protein cookie.

Lunch was fresh smoked turkey on organic whole wheat, low fat cheese, lite ranch, and 1 cup of steamed brocolli

Mid pm snack was 4 oz of beef jerky

Dinner was slow cooked chicken breast on high fiber wraps, 1 serving of pretzel chips and sour cream

Night snack was a protein mug cake, low fat pop corn, and sugar free jello

This morning's workout was back.

15 min brisk walk treadmill

Meadows rows 4x15 (each side)
    Wide grip bentover BB rows 4x15
    Straight arm pulldown 4x15
    Seated dual arm rows (D handles) 4x15
    Narrow grip lat pulldowns 4x15
    Lying KB pullovers 4x15
    Standing dual arm DB rows 4x15

Didn't go to heavy, so opted for 4 sets of 15. I feel I am wearing out the sets of 4 and need maybe to transition to sets of 5, or going heavier with sets of 3. I felt I didn't do enough volume here, but I got in 28 working sets. My finger/shoulder/back still giving my aches, but I am working through it. Legs tomorrow and I am saying it again, my split will change next week.

Here is to the weekend!

Jan 25

2960 calories yesterday 303C 83F 257P found myself reaching for low fat popcorn and SF jello in the evenings at home for snacks.

This morning was legs.

20 min treadmill brisk walk
    Seated leg ext 4x15 supersetted with
    Lying leg curl 4x15
    Elevated front squat hanging DB 4x15 with a drop set on final set
    Elevated stiff legged KB deadlift focusing on stretch 4x15 back got real tight here
    Calf ext on seated leg press 4x25
    Hack squat 4x15
    Adductor machine 4x15

Legs were toast. Had a shake prior and post. Gatorade with EAA during. Used 44 grams of carbs this time. Enjoyed a glazed donut from Krispy Kreme on the way home. Had toast and peach preserves at home.

Tomorrow is rest or cardio. I haven’t decided just yet.

Calorie goal met

My first Saturday this year I have stayed under 3000 calories. Feels good, but it was tuff. This also included 1 post workout donut and 2 slices of thin crust Hawaiian pizza at a birthday party. I ate egg whites and broc**** for dinner. 354C 68F 243P

This morning was cardio and abs. I had a shake before and after, also consumed 44 grams or carbs and 7 grams EAAs during.

I got in 30 min brisk walking on incline treadmill.
    Hanging leg raises 4x10
    Lying leg raises 4x10
    Decline medicine ball crunches 4x10
    Was planning on sprints afterwards, but the basketball court was reserved for a volleyball tournament.So, I did another 15 min on the treadmill.

Today is a lower carb day. Sitting down to egg whites as I type.

Cheers!

Lower carbs

Yesterday was 2960 calories 176C 96F 352P. Getting close to Feb 1 when I will record my weight and post some pictures. I am working a different split this week and going forward. Upper/Lower/Cardio/Upper/Lower/Cardio/Rest or Cardio. Will give me 4 days of lifting, which is different than I am used to. I was lifting 5-6 days per week, so I am looking forward to this.

This morning:

15 min free motion elliptical
    Machine Press 4x8
    Tricep press down 4x8
    Seated upright DB press 4x8
    Flat DB Fly 4x8
    Incline skull crushers 4x8
    Standing DB lateral rasie 4x8
    Incline BB press 4x8
    Cable fly (mid pulley) 4x8
    Reverse cable fly (mid pulley) 4x8
    Standing overhead KB tricep extension 4x8

Lower body tomorrow. I want to keep the pre-lift cardio to 10-20 min before lifting to warm up. Hoping to do sprints on Wednesday on the basketball court.

Happy Monday.

30 days successful tracking

2978 cals, 350C 262P 65F

Even had a slice of cold pizza and made it all reasonably fit.

This morning was legs again.

15 min treadmill warmup
    Unilateral leg extension 4x12
    Unilateral leg curl 4x12
    Hip abductor 4x12
    BB squat 225x10, 315x10, 315x8 315x8, 315x8
    Calf extensions 4x30
    DB lunges 4x8

Completely gassed during squats. Wanted 12 on each set, but got 8 at least. Was pausing on the bottom of each rep, so that is why as well. Tomorrow is sprints and cardio. Possibly some abs.

Cheers!

2908 cals

334C 247P 65F carbs were a little higher buts that is ok due to it being a leg day. This morning was 15 min cardio some ab exercises. Did 10 wind sprints and got me really gassed. Ran the length of a basketball court and back 10 times all out. Then finished with another 30 min walking on treadmill. My goal is keep carbs lower today. So far so good for this week.

Happy Hump day!