Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    245.8 this morning. I triple checked to be sure. That's over 9 lbs lost in 28 days or 4 weeks. I'm feeling pretty damn good. Not too hungry yet or really fighting any cravings. I did make the decision to cut out my berries and cream and sub for cottage cheese when things start to stall. Still no heavy carb manipulation, other than having a free meal on Saturday nights. Any ways, 2420 calories yesterday 192C 57F 239P. This morning was cardio abs and sprints.

Treadmill brisk walk 30 min
    Machine crunch 4x20
    Hanging leg raise 4x12
    Decline crunches 20lb KB 4x12
    Standing twist with 35lb plate

12-50m sprints with walking interval

12 min treadmill cool down

The sprints are getting easier, but my knees are starting to hurt. When the weather gets nicer, I am going to starting doing bleachers.
    Still looking to add a 3rd session when things start to stall. I'm doing ok, so will keep on this track.

No pictures this week, want to see how this next 7 days goes.

So long!
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!

scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    2707 calories yesterday 234C 61F 294P.

I tried something different this morning and will see how it works out. I hit 20 min treadmill complete fasted, then started drinking my Gatorade and EAA. I also added a scoop of whey to it. I’ll see how that goes as far as timing. I’ll keep the 20 min treadmill completely fasted for now and see how that goes. We are talking maybe an hour total time in delaying the whey.

Anyways, today was chest tris and shoulders.

Machine fly 4x20
    Machine lateral raise 4x20
    Tricep cable press down 4x20
    Incline DB press 4x20
    Standing DB lateral raise 4x20
    Skull crushers 4x20
    Flat DB flys 4x20
    Incline DB reverse fly 4x20
    Incline smith machine tricep ext 4x20
    High pulley cable fly 4x20
    Cable cambered bar front raise 4x20
    Cable tricep kick back 4x20
    Standing DB curl 4x50

Had to throw some curls in. Tomorrow I am completely off. Will do legs 1 on Monday.

CYA

Saturday and Sunday turned into IDAF. I was dealing with sick kids and stuck inside with nasty weather. Stress level was really high. Started counting then blew it off after eating some pizza and ice cream. I don't think I did too much damage. Weighed today a pound heavier and I didn't drink too much water on Sunday, so we shall see what that effects me. This morning was legs.

20 min treadmill brisk walk (fasted) started whey and gatorade immediately afterwards.

Unilateral leg extensions 4x20
    Adductors 4x20
    BB Squat 4x20
    Front DB elevated squat 4x12
    Bulgarian split squat 4x12
    Calf extensions

Not too much volume, but left limping. High repped the back squats got the blood pumping for sure.

Tomorrow is cardio and abs. Will reduce my gatorade by one scoop on these this week. Will do 30-40 min treadmill before having my whey and gatorade, then do abs, then sprints, then cool down treadmill.

So long.

Been stricken with the flu last two days. Has thrown me all off. No gym, but keeping the calories in check. I know when I’m sick I crave some naughty food. Been getting lots of rest and hope to return to the gym tomorrow.

Went in for cardio and sprints today. Not sure where I would land with how I've been feeling. Yesterday I ate two meals, but they were comfort meals loaded with calories. I had a protein shake upon waking, then for lunch I had Chinese Kung Pao Chicken (no peanuts) with steamed rice and hot and sour soup. Then rested for 3-4 hours in and out of napping. My wife brought me home a huge burger with bacon and cheese. I ended up eating just over half of it and sweet potato fries. 2764 calories by my estimate. Lots of fat, medium carbs and protein. Prolly not the best decision.

This morning was fasted 30 min treadmill,
    then drank a whey shake with gatorade,
    6-50m interval sprints, lungs and throat were on fire, so I gave it up. Also did two jogging rounds to warm up prior
    20 min brisk treadmill

Then just a whey shake afterwards. I weighed myself yesterday and was 244.6 so still low, not sure the progress I am going to make with only today left before the weekly weigh in. Drinking lots of water today for sure.

Later.

Not much to report this week. No loss other than some motivation. Feeling weak in the gym this morning. Went for upper body 2, which is Back, Biceps, and shoulders.

Walked for 20 min fasted, then had my shake and Gatorade.
    Machine row 20, 15, 12, 12
    Machine pull down 20, 15, 12, 12
    Hammer curl 4x12
    Lat pull down using double cables 4x12
    BB preacher curl 4x12
    Smith machine row/shrug 4x12
    Seated DB curl 4x12
    Seated double cable row 4x12
    Straight arm pull down 4x12

Lungs and throat were burning as I was getting gassed. Weights were unusually low compared to other weeks. I’m feeling better and not as feverish, but losing motivation.

Hope to be back to my old self soon.

Well, I de-railed pretty hard this past weekend. No gym time since Friday. I drank a bottle of unopened whiskey I had in the cabinet since December. I was saving for a special occasion, but stressed into drinking, which turned into IDGAF. I ate lots of junk and fast food between Friday night and now. I wrecked myself, then I didn't get up for the gym this morning. I have checked my blood glucose levels and they are sky high too. I am a mess. I am making the decision to drop some carbs and raise fats, until I can get my levels respectable. I will be going in to lift some weights tonight and attempt to return to my normal schedule.

Went to the gym last night and did a leg workout with hamstring focus.

Lying single leg curl 4x12
    Abductors 4x12
    Stiff legged BB deadlift 4x12
    Good mornings with BB 4x12
    Single leg DB step ups 4x12
    Calf extensions 4x25

Not the volume I was looking for, but felt great to get a good heavy sweat going.

Yesterday was 2138 calories 137C 87F 203P looking to get closer to 2500 calories today.

This morning was chest triceps and shoulders.

20 min treadmill brisk walk
    Cable flys 4x12
    DB shoulder press 4x12
    Incline DB press 4x12
    Standing DB lateral raise 4x12x2 (drop set)
    Tricep cable press down 4x12
    Close grip BB press 4x12
    Incline DB fly 4x12

Again, felt great but also feeling I lacked volume. Tomorrow is cardio and sprints.

So long.

Slept through my alarm this morning, so no gym. I am not stressing about too much, I will just pick up where I left off, or I could go in tonight. This whole time change has messed with me this week. 2700 cals yesterday, dropped my carbs to 160C upped my fats to 112F and 274P. I will be eliminating gatorade from my workouts until my sugars get under control. I will be looking to a EAA supplement, as my EAAs are bitter on their own or consider adding crystal light paks or something.

246 this morning. Due to lack of cardio and lower gym frequency. Worked back, biceps, and shoulders yesterday. Unbelievably I look better on lower carbs, despite being a pound and half heavier. Still lower on carbs and no refeeds planned. Tomorrow will be legs and off Sunday. Today I missed, not sure if it’s still the time change or lower carbs, but I was tired. Hopefully be back to 100% by Monday/

246 pounds ATM. Haven’t trained in the morning since last week. Trained chest, triceps, and shoulders last night. Planned to return this morning, but my kids have kept me up in the middle of the night. Looks like another evening session tonight. Cardio has been lacking and tracking hasn’t happened. No direct carb sources and haven’t tracked calories. Need to find my groove again.

PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by scrossmaggard View Post
    Well, I de-railed pretty hard this past weekend. No gym time since Friday. I drank a bottle of unopened whiskey I had in the cabinet since December. I was saving for a special occasion, but stressed into drinking, which turned into IDGAF. I ate lots of junk and fast food between Friday night and now. I wrecked myself, then I didn't get up for the gym this morning. I have checked my blood glucose levels and they are sky high too. I am a mess. I am making the decision to drop some carbs and raise fats, until I can get my levels respectable. I will be going in to lift some weights tonight and attempt to return to my normal schedule.
    We've all been there and derailed. Simply leave that behind and move forward and do better the next day. It's a journey and that looks different for us, but at the same time unique as well. Is there a reason why your protein is super high or is it personal preference?

Off to a decent start this week, aside from not tracking. Had a good leg session last night and good chest and shoulders this morning. Lots of sweating due to being not as active, increased sodium and carbs, and not drinking as much water. I’ve got things going in the right direction and just need to string a couple of good weeks together.

Originally Posted by PuppyLife View Post
    Is there a reason why your protein is super high or is it personal preference?
    Ive built a good amount of muscle eating lots of quality protein. It’s not something I would ever drop, plus my body doesn’t like carbs and too much fat gives me upset tummy.

Another successful workout. It was an evening session today. Worked back, biceps, and traps. Here is food from today:

Coffee with heavy cream and Splenda
    Quest bar
    Chicken and broccoli stir fry
    90/10 ground beef with riced cauliflower
    Cottage cheese dipped with pork rinds
    90/10 ground beef with queso on low carb tortilla
    Pint of halo top

Haven’t tracked macros but that is what I’ve consumed today.

Still trying to find the motivation to focus on losing fat. My two oldest boys have started spring sports and it’s coming up on camping and lake season. Trying to eat mindfully and stay active.

Holy smokes! Had to search for my thread to respond. I am still alive. Diet has been 50/50 and gym the same. 4 days in the gym last week and looking the same this week. Just need to reach and find some motivation. Part of me wants to be old, lazy, and just give in to an inactive lifestyle and drink beer, while the other part knows better. I could go on and on about my personal life, problems, work, travel, school, and what not. Time to stop looking for excuses and start looking for results. I’ll be back. Very soon.

I have not made one early workout or tracked any calories since my last post. I have been to the gym regularly 3-4 times weekly. No cardio. My short term goal is to make an early morning session routine again and begin tracking. Here is to hoping May is more productive than April!

Well I am back on the early am workout schedule again. That’s a good sign. I have to thank a friend for getting me to commit to Saturday mornings which in turn has me going early in the week. Will start measuring and tracking as well. I felt silly for doing for a while and questioned why I should live my life on a scale. Weighing and tracking food, that is no way to live, but I need it. I fall way off the rails if I don’t measure and track.

Flashback

Man has a lot changed since last update! I have since switched careers, moved (just a mile or two), and now this COVID crap. I attended a goal setting workshop after deciding to make some lifestyle changes again. I got up to 257 pounds then worked down to 252 pounds during the workshop. I made a goal to be 225 by December 31st and if I keep pushing. I’ll be there by June 1. I’ve been doing keto since the gym closed. I ride a bike sometimes twice a day or walk 4 miles up to 5 days a week.. I haven’t used my headphones in a month, really taking all of what nature has to offer. I still train a bit, as I have a nice set of bands (bodylastics), a dumbbell, a kettlebell, and a ab roller. I’ll keep posting along and keep firing this old thread back up. So long!

241 pounds

Not great but good since I started 2020 at 257lbs. Keto had been ok since I’m not being intense in the gym. Walked 3.5 miles this morning. No bike ride and not strength training. Usually just get the blood pumping considering my equipment . Will prolly walk again tomorrow morning weather considering. Have done some considerable gardening and lawn work the last two days. That accounts for something. Trying to stay booze free until my birthday in July. My goal was to reach 220 pounds by December 31 and now I think July 4th is within reach. I’m trying to think ahead how I might be able to bust plateaus should they come.

BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love the Halo Top ice cream. I can eat an entire pint of it and still feel good about myself because it is the approximate equivalent to a protein bar, yet it feels like a cheat snack because it is sooo good. I just wish it wasn't soooooo expensive...

Fast forward

Shortly after my last post I joined a power lifting/strongman gym. I have set several PRs in the last year including a 345 lb Atlas stone to platform and a 775 pound silver dollar deadlift. I previously have never lifted for power or for strength. I have recently found a love for strongman and am competing in my first contest ever in less than 30 days. I have not done much cardio or tracking but weighed in 245 lbs this morning. I’m as lean and as big as I have ever been. After this contest I am looking to cut down to 231 to compete again in July.

We did it!

I ended up winning my contest. I took a couple days off and started some hypertrophy training today. Looking at 4 days a week with some added cardio. Won’t be going overboard on the carbs or anything. Went up 12 pounds since last post in prep, so 256. I assume it will drop very fast too. 231 is the goal! July 24th is the date! Let’s go!

Water is dropping

Weighed in at 254 today. Not counting calories just yet. Working to clean up diet a tad and started some hypertrophy workouts this past week. Hoping to start counting calories and macros next week. My body is very beat up right now.

Holy Nostalgia

Here to create some more needed motivation. I have successfully cut a lot of body fat and built some nice muscle in the last two years. I have been competing in strongman events and have some planned in 2023. Not sure if I will continue this thread or create a new thread. I updated my profile on body space. I weighed 230 pounds this morning and was as low as 225 this year. I’d like to hover around 220 and compete as a middle weight. Follow along as I complete 2022 and rev up into 2023.

Gallbladder surgery

I have a consultation on Dec 29th to move forward with gallbladder surgery. I have made small goals while I currently live with a Cholecystostomy tube. My gallbladder had been drained and I was not ready for surgery. In the meantime I have made a goal to lift light weights (no more than a plate), while still squatting, benching, and deadlifting.My goal is to lift 4 days a week and walk 3 miles on the other three. Trying to stay around 2300-2500 cals as to not gain too much fat. After surgery I’ll have to keep these same regime until I can’t lift heavy again. I wear an Apple Watch and sim to close my rings every day. I haven’t logged a workout in a while. I’ll post one later this week along with a day of eating.

Weight today was 228 up three pounds from Dec 1. Lowest was 225. Today was a planned rest day and I didn’t lift weights. I did get in a 30 min indoor walk at my community center indoor track. Very cold right now. I am planning on lifting tomorrow in the morning. Trap bar deadlifts on the menu with back and biceps. Light weights for reps. It’s not supposed to get super cold until 10am and I lift at 5am so should be good. Been closing all my rings on my Apple Watch every day and eating on plan.

Well I worked out legs yesterday. Did some leg press with some isotension holds and pauses with light weight and squats. I didn’t close my rings because I worked from home and the weather sucks. No walks and I didn’t move around much. I trained this morning biceps and triceps. Same thing as yesterday working from home. I prolly won’t update my log until next week. Monday is my next scheduled workout.

Merry Christmas!

Gallbladder Surgery

I have had some major complications from my gallbladder surgery the first of Jan. I developed a post op infection and landed me in the hospital for half the month. I had since been released and receive antibiotics at home. I have two drains and tubes to drain the infection and go have imaging done Feb 9th. I have dropped to 198 lbs, being the lowest I can remember since being a teen. Of course no training and focusing on eating protein. I hope life returns to normal next week. Wish me luck!