Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    2242 cals yesterday 222 P, 230 C, 52 F. Weighed myself this morning using my inlaws scale, not happy. Just hoping it has been for the higher carbs. Will drop back down to my usual range on Monday. Worked legs this morning at a gym on the road.
    Leg ext 8x8
    Smith stiff leg deadlift super settled with DB step ups. 4x2/4x8x2
    Leg press high foot position 8x8
    Calf extensions in leg press 8x8
    Seated ham curls 8x8
    Step mill 20 min
    I ate a lot of carbs late last night. Skipped dinner due to traveling. Had an apple and cheese snacks while driving for 5 hours, then had some cheez-it crackers, protein bar, and some gummy worms before bed.
    I had bottlecaps pre/intra workout, whey shake PWO and had two Starbucks turkey bacon and egg white muffins breakfast. I also had 3 servings of Frosted Flakes already as well. Super high carb day today. Working to keep the fat in line.
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!

scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Saturday lost count cooking on a fire pit turkey hunting in the woods. Drank 8 light beers and two shots of tequila. Lots of moving around hunting, packing, unpacking. Stayed around 2300 cals Sunday lots of moving around. Took this morning off from a busy weekend. Legs are sore. Weighed in at 225 this morning. Prolly need to go Lower for the desired look I'm trying to achieve. I've got a work trip in 7 weeks, so will gauge by then.

2151 cals yesterday 199 P, 194 C, 68 F, had lunch on the run yesterday despite bringing it to work with me. Didn't have access to a fridge or microwave. I'll prepared, indulged in a turkey flatbread from subway. 6" double meat not cheese, veggies, and spicy mustard. Had some baked lays as well. Despite being a rest day, I indulged in some carbs. This morning resumed the brutality and the last week of 8x8s.
    DB press 8x8
    BB rows 8x8 (already gassed here)
    Bent over DB lateral raises 8x8
    Hit the reverse pec dec for 8x8
    Medicine ball push-ups 8x8
    Kettle bell swings 8x8
    10 min step mill
    Not as much cardio as I was hoping for, but was pretty tired by the second exercise. Tomorrow will be arms and cardio. Just 3 more 8x8 workouts left, then switching.

Building 'Dem Bane Traps! bbowsh54's Avatar
    bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by scrossmaggard View Post
    2151 cals yesterday 199 P, 194 C, 68 F, had lunch on the run yesterday despite bringing it to work with me. Didn't have access to a fridge or microwave. I'll prepared, indulged in a turkey flatbread from subway. 6" double meat not cheese, veggies, and spicy mustard. Had some baked lays as well. Despite being a rest day, I indulged in some carbs. This morning resumed the brutality and the last week of 8x8s.
    DB press 8x8
    BB rows 8x8 (already gassed here)
    Bent over DB lateral raises 8x8
    Hit the reverse pec dec for 8x8
    Medicine ball push-ups 8x8
    Kettle bell swings 8x8
    10 min step mill
    Not as much cardio as I was hoping for, but was pretty tired by the second exercise. Tomorrow will be arms and cardio. Just 3 more 8x8 workouts left, then switching.
    Amazing Tuesday morning workout!!!

An eight by eight program has got to be exhausting...

Keep grinding, Champ! Happy Training!
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Training Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159564721&page=45 [ACTIVE]

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Originally Posted by bbowsh54 View Post
    Amazing Tuesday morning workout!!!

An eight by eight program has got to be exhausting...

Keep grinding, Champ! Happy Training!
    Look at him, Look at him! Let's go champ!

2600 calories yesterday. Flirting with maintenance. Was extraordinarily hungry yesterday. Lots of food consumed around dinner time. Came home from work hungry and went into snack mode before dinner, then topped it off with some ice cream before bed. Not too happy about it, but can only adjust from here. Arms this morning.
    EZ Bar curls 4x10
    Ez bar preacher curls 4x10
    Dips 4x12
    Seated DB curls 4x10 then two drop sets
    Tricep press machine 4x10
    Super set DB hammer curls with
    overhead DB tricep extension
    20 min treadmill

Nothing too exciting again with cardio.
    Hoping to drop carbs and cals today.

Very tired and hungry yesterday and today. Had a cheeseburger, fried pickles, and tater tots for dinner and then ice cream galore afterwards. Slept in this morning feeling lethargic. Don't know if it's the weather or what, but energy and motivation are at an all time low. This is the 13th week of my attempt of a notable log and cut. Just not much to say right now, other than I am tired.

Just finished up my leg workout tonight. I skipped the last two mornings being so lethargic. I'm thinking the weather is to blame, but I messed up big time last night. Had pizza, took a nap, then woke up from my late nap and binged on cereal, ice cream, and Reece's pieces. I'm burnt on chicken and veggies. I ate my lunch today and have been pretty decent but yesterday and the day before were rough. I think this is week 13 or 14. I dunno. Workout switches soon, prolly sooner than later. 8x8's have been super brutal on my body. I keep saying I'm gonna up the cardio but that is the plan this week. Stay tuned.

Worked chest sat morning, back sun morning, arms last night, and cardio this morning. Didn't track macros on Saturday. Shame, shame! Anyways stayed under 2500 on sun and 2200 yesterday. Made a badass protein cheesecake sun and enjoyed half of yesterday. Gonna finish it off tonight and make another one. Shoulders on the agenda tomorrow along with cardio. Really dropped the cardio lately and need to get it back going. Just 4 weeks until Memorial Day weekend and summer is just around the corner!

2550 cals yesterday just an estimate. I suspect lower, as I had Thai chicken curry and over estimated. Had half a protein cheesecake, which I won't do again. I'll keep it to a quarter at a time. I'm in a better place mentally having restaurant food two days in a row and will again today. Worked shoulders this morning, straying away from front pressing movements.
    Seated DB side laterals 4x12
    Standing DB side laterals 4x12
    Bent over DB rear laterals 4x12
    BB front raises static hold 3 sec 4x8
    BB balanced side lateral 4x12 each side
    Bent over low pulley cable pull 3x10 each side
    Rear high pulley reverse cable crossover 4x12
    Incline front facing DB shoulder swings (meadows swing)
    8 dozen or so KB swings
    Lots of volume and a small bout of HIIT at the end. Left feeling accomplished and satisfied. I'm making a goal of keeping a paper log or real journal and start recording weights. Looking for a diff program as well.

2584 cals yesterday. Not gonna stress. Enjoyed oats with protein powder for breaky. A perfect cookie (made in Austin, Tx, 150 cals) egg whites with cheese, top sirloin and plain sweet potato for lunch, some protein cheese cake topped with whipped pb (1/4 cake), egg whites and baked red potato for dinner, my frozen concoction, and a couple IDAF rice cakes topped with whipped PB before bed. No stress, didn't even track until this am. Just taking it easy. If I hit a deficit, cool, if I hit maint, cool. Anyways this am was 10 min treadmill,
    Roman chair leg raises 4 x failure
    Hyperextension 4 x failure
    Standing weighted ab twists 4 x gassed
    Medicine ball push ups 4 x failure
    Kettle bell thrusters 4 x 10
    Medicine ball push-ups (alt hand) 4 x failure
    Plank leg raises 4 x failure
    Medicine ball push-ups, thrusters, plank leg raises done in circuit fashion
    12 min stationary bike

2406 cals yesterday
    Legs have been sore due to all the KB work lately and dreaded working legs, but I bucked up and did it anyways. Lunges were on my mind and got em in!

Leg ext 4x12, then went another set super slow tempo with squeeze at top and slow on eccentric.
    Glute ext 4x12 each side
    Then to the KB station
    Step ups 4x10 each leg
    Stiff leg KB dl on platform getting a super reach and stretch 4x10
    Walking lunges 30 yards x 2
    Sumo stance goblet squat 2x20

Legs are toast.

Weighed in at 223 this am PWO shake and oats.
    Definitely need to go lower than 220 for my desired results.

Lost control yesterday didn't do much tracking. Donuts, ice cream, cake, burgers, fries, beer whiskey, you name it. Got on the scale at the gym, never even noticed it before. Digital and all. Stepped on and read 231 lbs. I lost it mentally thinking I was in the mid 220's and resorted to stress eating. Then I had came to decided to spend time with the fam in the back yard, fired up the grill and cooked some burgers.
    Baked some fries in he oven too. Had 2 beers and 2 shots of honey whiskey. Was feeling good. Didn't miss a workout, but not much cardio was performed. What cardio I did do was this am with KB swings, medicine ball push-ups, and dips performed in a circuit after blasting chest this morning. Worked arms on Saturday before I weighed myself. I did happen to spend a lot of time outside tending to the house and lawn. I cleaned my garage and was in and out of the attic quite a bit. I'm prepped for the next two days as I am traveling. Tuesday will be a rest day, as of right now.

Sunday turned out to be a good day. Worked chest kept cals under 2300, Monday worked back with some kettle bell work to finish off. Hit the road for work. Everything went as planned until I hit the hotel room after work. Got bored drove around and grabbed some snacks and ate my way to 3400 cals. Tuesday was a rest day and ended up under 2200 cals. This morning I trained shoulders and finished with KB swings. Today I'm on track to be under 2500, as long as I don't deviate.

After being so so with my nutrition the last two weeks, I am ready to really dig in these next 4 weeks. I have an annual work function Jun 12 which gives me 4 weeks. Going to drop my carbs as I did in the beginning to give my body a shock. Not even gonna weigh myself and I know Memorial Day weekend comes into play. I hate to be that guy who initiates a change on a Monday, but I need it.

Well it is been so so again the last few days. Really not sure where I want to be. Something tells me I want to be bigger/more muscle, but I want to be lean. I think I've lost a lil bit of muscle in the last few months. Anyways I've started a new program this week and it's really freaking brutal. So intense it calls for no cardio and I honestly don't see the time nor energy for it. It's high frequency and goes like this:

Mon: Back/biceps/triceps
    Tue: Legs and abs
    Wed: Chest/biceps/triceps
    Thur: Legs and abs
    Fri : off or rest maybe cardio
    Sat: shoulders/biceps/triceps
    Sun: off or rest maybe cardio

As you can see I'm hitting arms 3 times per week. I feel they are my weakest. I am hitting legs 2 times per week. I feel this expends the most energy and best for fat burning. I slept in Monday, but went in Monday night. I went in for legs Tue am, but then slept in again this morning. Going for chest and arms tonight. I could try to recreate my workouts, but honestly don't remember weights, reps, or sets.

Man, where do I start. Things have been going good. Phenomenal to say the least. My body is really responding to the higher intensity and higher frequency training. My diet and nutrition has been about 80/20. Erring on the side of caution, as to not lose too much muscle and to live like a human being. Not much tracking but not much stressing. Exactly how I like it. I like the way I look right now. I'll post some pics, but I'm ready to end the cut log and start a training or maintaining log. Or, just keep the log the same and keep everything here.

I posted a long list of my workout here Friday, just to be erased. So, it didn't get logged. I dedicated Friday night to chest and shoulders. Saturday was light back and medium arms. Sunday was cardio, 20 min treadmill, 150 KB swings, KB step ups, and 15 min stair mill.
    This morning was medium back and light arms. Kept the volume low. 15 min step mill to finish off. I can see this week the cardio is going to added back in. Not too much at once. Just a little here and there. Still want to maintain current BF.

Yesterday was legs, no cardio per say. Started with ham curls ended with a drop set. Squats worked to 3 plates. Finished with some iso holds, then a burnout set. Then DB stiff leg deadlifts. Finished off with walking KB lunges then KB box step ups. 10 min recumbent bike.

Today was chest and arms. Machine press, ending the exercise with some exhausted partials. Triceps with v bar push downs. Then seated hammercurls super seated with over head DB tri extensions. Last set of hammer curls included static holds. Then to dips, super setted with tri push downs from the assist seat. Then finally some standing DB curls focusing on supination on the concentric and super setted with light DB lateral raises just because. Cardio was a circuit of medicine ball push-ups and KB swings, and finally 5 min recumbent bike. Forgot to add incline hammer press after the dips and seat extensions.

Legs again

Thursday is legs!

Ham curls on the kneeling hammer machine. Big squeezes. Then to hack squats. Worked to 3 plates, then iso holds for 3 sets, then a drop set. Then front squats goblet style with a 90lb DB. 4 sets of that then off to KB station. Deep reaching stiff leg deadlifts, standing on a box and really stretching. Then step ups super setted with a pirouette style deadlift. Then I tried to do Bulgarian style plot squats, no weight but legs were fried and almost fell down. Finished up with calf extensions on the machine. No cardio.

Current state

Friday was arms and shoulders, took off Sat and Sun and hit arms and shoulders again Monday. Just a little bit of cardio slowly going back in. 15 min Monday and added 20 min after legs today. No clue what I weigh and haven't tracked in a while. Just enjoying my current shape. I have kept low carb this week, not that means much, but I'm looking a little more lean compared to last week. This morning started with light squats, moving over to moderate linear leg press. Then some slow long tension reps on lying leg curl machine and finished up with glute extensions. Cardio was step mill. Not much dedication to my log lately, but that's ok. Just living life.

bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Friday was arms and shoulders, took off Sat and Sun and hit arms and shoulders again Monday. Just a little bit of cardio slowly going back in. 15 min Monday and added 20 min after legs today. No clue what I weigh and haven't tracked in a while. Just enjoying my current shape. I have kept low carb this week, not that means much, but I'm looking a little more lean compared to last week. This morning started with light squats, moving over to moderate linear leg press. Then some slow long tension reps on lying leg curl machine and finished up with glute extensions. Cardio was step mill. Not much dedication to my log lately, but that's ok. Just living life.
    Awesome, awesome work in here, brotha'!!!

Lats are filling in nicely!! Great job.

Happy Thursday Eve, and Happy Training, Champ!!!
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Training Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159564721&page=45 [ACTIVE]

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Update

Haven't skipped a beat when it comes to my training. Traveled to Peoria, Ill for a work trip and made my way to a new gym. Found some new equipment and that was very exciting. They had a safety cambered squat bar and worked to 3 plates. That bar makes you lean forward and stay tight. First time using one and was hoping to make it to 4 plates, but not the case. I want to get one of those bars. Tossed in some lying leg curls, DB stiff leg DLs, then on the calf raise machine, love that machine btw. They had a donkey calf machine, but I couldn't get it to work. Finished off with some one legged hack squats, then I faced the hack machine and did some backward facing hack squats. Loved it. Friday was arms at the new gym, wont go through it, but had some complex movements, (holds, supersets, drop sets) and no cardio. Saturday was back home to the home gym. Wanted to put the extra calories to work on my shoulders. I feel they are lagging along with my chest. Started with hammer shoulder press, worked to 4 plates, then a burnout set on one plate. Then to the BB Bench press, did some wide grip rest pause here. Then to some front lateral and side lateral supersets (not heavy). Then a super set of incline DB flys, followed by bent over rear laterals. Then to cable machine for side lateral raises on low pulley. Then to chest press machine for some rest pause. Then to the bent over row machine for rear laterals and finished off with some medicine ball pushups and KB swings. Today was basically cardio, aside from hyperextensions and hanging ab raises, followed by heavy KB swings. Then 10 min on step mill. I'm going back to my OG cut that worked, 2100 cals or so for the next 10 days, then who knows what the future holds. I will be moving my log to the workout logs and I will be detailing my weights so I can measure my progress and look to make some gains. I hope to officially end any deficits by the end of July.

Originally Posted by bbowsh54 View Post
    Awesome, awesome work in here, brotha'!!!

Lats are filling in nicely!! Great job.

Happy Thursday Eve, and Happy Training, Champ!!!
    Thanks Brother! (Hogan voice)

Means a lot to me.

Let's go champ!

Lost my job of 16 years on Monday. Laid off due to corporate cutbacks. Haven't been focused as I have been and lost it mentally. Used the anger I have in the gym, haven't missed a workout, but not motivated to log anything. Will be looking to move back home to Missouri in the next few months.

Haven't missed a workout, but haven't tracked or logged nutrition. Traveling next week. In a slump at the moment, but I look ok.

Still alive, still jobless. Had an interview last week. Nutrition has been so so lately. Had a follow up dr appt and they ran some tests. Liver function has returned to normal. A1C has leveled out. Triglycerides a little high, 195. Nothing too serious. Testerone came back at 395, lil low, but free test was high. This may suggest Smbh needs improvement. Good chol was low and so was ldl. I haven't been eating much fish lately, or fish oil. Got to get back on that again. Health is good, I look ok, just need to jump start my career. I've registered for college classes in the fall and I'll keep my faith in god that I will be provided for. Got my Vegas trip in 14 days. Looking forward to that.

Hour and a half of cardio yesterday. Performed in a cicrcuit style. 15 min step mill, pullups/dips/hypers, 15 min treadmill, KB swings/KB walking lunges/KB step ups, 15 min recumbent bike.

Started some Vasoburn pre-cardio enhancement cream. Burns. Gets me hot and sweaty quick. Keeping carbs low, aside from pre and post workout.

Didn't mention that I pulled and external oblique muscle that's caused some bruising and blood pulling. I think from over training. Yeah right! No such thing, but I'm taking it easy and going back to single body part training and less frequency and volume. My body has responded from the high intensity, aside from the pulled muscle. Arms today with at least half and hour of cardio.

Toodles.

Hour and a half of cardio yesterday. Performed in a cicrcuit style. 15 min step mill, pullups/dips/hypers, 15 min treadmill, KB swings/KB walking lunges/KB step ups, 15 min recumbent bike.

Started some Vasoburn pre-cardio enhancement cream. Burns. Gets me hot and sweaty quick. Keeping carbs low, aside from pre and post workout.

Didn't mention that I pulled and external oblique muscle that's caused some bruising and blood pulling. I think from over training. Yeah right! No such thing, but I'm taking it easy and going back to single body part training and less frequency and volume. My body has responded from the high intensity, aside from the pulled muscle. Arms today with at least half and hour of cardio.

Toodles.
    Great job, Champ!

Hope the oblique heals quickly...

Keeping those carbs down, I like it.

Happy Training!
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Holy Flashback

Lots have changed since last update. Moved back to Missouri, changed gyms, jobs, and lifestyle. Figured I’d recharge this thread with a NYD update and get back to logging again. I’ll log nutrition for the day tomorrow. I trained legs today and went to a satellite gym, as my main gym was closed today.

Warm up: 10 min free motion elliptical

Single leg extensions: 4x8+8 partials each leg each set

Hypertension: 3x10 just to get the lower back and hams activated

Smith machine squats: 4x10 with static 5 sec holds each rep

Leg press: 4x15 light weight with super narrow stance, did a final burnout set AMRAP

Calf extensions: 3x20 using the leg press

Adductors: 4x10 using super slow negatives, normally use explosive reps so this was different for me

Lying single leg ham curls: 4x10 again focusing on negative

I normally workout fasted in the morning but my gym is closed. I ate 1/4 cup dry cream of wheat, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 tbspn PB, and SF choc syrup before working out. Didn’t feel sluggish, felt great but had burps during the workout. Sitting down now to chicken, broc****, and Mac n cheese post workout. Thanks for reading!