Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by charlzyd View Post
    Well done buddy!

How close are you to your goal ATM?
    Not exactly sure. I know my 36" jeans are now too big and last time I weighed I was 236, but that was the day after higher carbs. I haven't been depleted in prolly a week or so, I plan to this week. I faltered today, but for good reason. Still feeling ashamed of eating cereal, donuts, nachos, and not tracking cals. First day in over 30 days.
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!

scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Back on track today. Used the overfeed as fuel for the gym in a late night leg session. Never workout late. It was fun! Then I went back again first thing. Went fasted and no post workout nutrition either. Ate egg whites, chicken sausage, and veggies after getting home not rushing it. Just threw meal number 2 down. Grilled chicken breast with rices cauliflower, topped with Trader Joe's green dragon hot sauce.

236 this morning, that's after consuming half a gallon of water, taking my post workout shake and I ate a rice cake. Still don't think I'm any where close to being depleted. I'll have a better idea Friday morning.

Current state:

Did only 2100 cals yesterday having a huge breakfast. No real lunch or dinner and late snacks. Gonna focusing on depleting this week. Did some DB snatches, hanging leg raises, medicine ball push-ups, medicine ball thrusters, hyper extensions, then 20 min step mill and 20 min treadmill.

Slept through my alarm this morning. Was on silent! WTF? 2000 cals yesterday, 265 P, 80 C, 73 F. I really could have used a rest day, as I can't remember when I took the last day off from the gym. I'm kinda flipping out. Anyways, expect the same Nutrition today and may get some spin bike before bed.

1809 cals, 225P, 85 C, 67 F, took the entire day off yesterday, besides my office job which doesn't account to much at all. Trained back this am with 10 min treadmill, 25 min step mill.
    Scale read 234 this am and working to keep the carbs lower. Yesterday's berries and a protein bar accounted for most of them. I had a mini bagel along with a whey shake post workout. I am out of rice cakes and will pick some more up. I'm subbing hot sauce for cheese in my eggs and dropping whole eggs to 1 and upping egg whites to 200 grams. Trader Joe's green dragon hot sauce is the bomb, just saying.

2129 cals yesterday. Same breakfast as day before and on the agenda for today. Incorporated some deer burger into some of my meals. Trying to mix up my proteins. May go to some fish next week. 270 P, 99 C, 75 F. Trained arms and 20 min on step mill and only 10 min on treadmill. I have noticed less energy and struggle more in the gym since dropping cals. I really need to switch my training split.
    I go in to the gym with that in mind and end up on the same path. I'll put some things together tonight hopefully. Got sons baseball game tonight so may be crunched.

Went to maintenance with calories yesterday. Incredibly hungry and found my self in snack mode. Was doing ok but found my self in the rice cakes and peanut butter before bed and another protein bar, so there went my deficit. Stupid me stopped off at sonic for ice, my wife has a rabbit poop ice addiction. Grabbed a butterfinger sonic blast, there goes 500 cals 45 C, 29 F, and a measly 8 P. Feeling in a dark place right now and find my self struggling to keep the intensity going. My body is sore and I'm tired. May take a break from this log and forum, lots of things I see make me think negative thoughts. Just not excited right now.

lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    One day at maintenance does not a diet break☺ my wife baked a Skillet cookie on Tuesday, it is truly delicious and plays host to 160g of chocolate in buttery cookie heaven, I must simply accept that if I am to not go mad then I must allow some room for non adherence.

Don't quite logging, by all means stay away from the misc. It is pretty much poison... Your methodology is very different to mine re:lifting, so it's great for me to read about your progression with a different paradigm, kind of gives me hope for when I get super bored and need a change.

If you are letting loose and gorging on chocolate then it's likely you are straying onto the wrong side if the restriction line, reduce your deficit for a bit until your body gets used it's current weight as a benchmark and stops trying to sabotage you with hungry hormones.

At the end of the day, if the end stops justifying the means, then you need to tweak your diet/training until it's worth it again. Logging here is very useful for me to keep me, if not actually interested, invested in this process. It's more about having something to look back on when a tough day comes about, and essentially a badge of pride that shows (in somewhat excessive detail) what I have gone through to get to where I ultimately am. The positive validation from like minded folk also helps a bunch, we are literally all in this together. Don't quite.

Thanks buddy! I appreciate the kind words. Sometimes it hard to find a shimmering ray of hope and we all have bad days. Maybe I'm feeling guilty for being so involved in this thing for me when I have others that depend on me. Not that this takes much time away, I workout before wife and kids wake up, it's the attention I give myself and this stupid log/forum. Just feeling guilty and second guessing why I am doing this in the first place.

My brother came and visited last night. He got here yesterday traveling 5 hours to go to a Cody Jinks concert. I had some fun! Didn't get in till late. He had my grill and smoker going before I got home from work. He cooked burgers, brats, and hot dogs. I had a double patty burger with lett, tomato, pickle, onion and two brats without a bun. Snacked on some potato chips. Went to the concert and drank a 24oz beer, that was all. But hit the pantry when we got back late last night. No tracking today, just hanging with the family. I need this freedom today and I'll be back at it tomorrow. No tracking, but I will workout my legs tonight. I think this will put me in a better place mentally.

charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by scrossmaggard View Post
    My brother came and visited last night. He got here yesterday traveling 5 hours to go to a Cody Jinks concert. I had some fun! Didn't get in till late. He had my grill and smoker going before I got home from work. He cooked burgers, brats, and hot dogs. I had a double patty burger with lett, tomato, pickle, onion and two brats without a bun. Snacked on some potato chips. Went to the concert and drank a 24oz beer, that was all. But hit the pantry when we got back late last night. No tracking today, just hanging with the family. I need this freedom today and I'll be back at it tomorrow. No tracking, but I will workout my legs tonight. I think this will put me in a better place mentally.
    I'm definitely an advocate of taking break days. It certainly takes the pressure off. And helps you come back more focused than ever! Well done on your progress thus far.
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Originally Posted by charlzyd View Post
    I'm definitely an advocate of taking break days. It certainly takes the pressure off. And helps you come back more focused than ever! Well done on your progress thus far.
    Word! Thanks again for the kindness. I sure needed it and I'm in the groove again today. Did go to the gym, but with all the food in my stomach I wasn't nearly as focused. I worked legs, half heartedly. No cardio, then couldn't sleep. I am so used to working out fasted early in the morning my body doesn't take well to training in a fed state and I didn't sleep well.

I hit the gym this morning in my usual fasted state. Started my upper/lower split 8x8 program.

DB flat press 8x8
    Cable row 8x8
    Machine shoulder press 8x8
    Cable curls 8x8
    Skull crushers 8x8

10 min walking treadmill
    25 min step mill

Came back home to my shake and rice cakes x 2 with jelly this time. Prolly going to need more carbs with this program. It's brutal.

2857 cals consumed yesterday. A leftover hamburger patty and a package of cheese snacks eliminated my deficit. Reckless behavior that I feel terrible for. It wasn't in the plan and I wasn't back in diet mode. I hate that I was sedentary and had snacks available at my finger tips. Spent this morning doing hanging leg raises on roman chair, hyper extensions, and some static hold DB curls. 10 min treadmill and 30 min step mill. No PWO carbs today. Feeling ho-hum in the gym and haven't been able to connect mentally while in the gym. Something I usually don't have problems with. Planning on my lower body 8x8 tomorrow. This will be 4 times per week, 2 times each split, with cardio in between those workout days. Planning for a better day nutrition wise today.

Kept it under 2200 cals was aiming for 2100, but I'm happy with that. Could have done without a protein bar midday and miscalculated some hummus I ate late evening. I'm happy. Did some more 8x8s on legs this morning.
    Leg press 8x8
    Seated ham curls 8x8
    Calf raises 8x8
    Leg extensions 8x8 (went unilateral here, each leg)
    Floor leg press iso tension holds, pause mid rep hold, pause at end of negative hold. Did these 8x8 I think.
    Leg press calf raises 8x8
    10 min treadmill, 25 min step mill

I'm hoping to drop in the 2100 cal range today. Let's see how it goes. 220lbs or bust!

Pic of my late night concoction:
    140 gs mixed berries
    2 scoops of protein powder
    45 grams cool whip

231 lbs this am, did a double take and weighed PWO got same result. 2128 cals yesterday. 300 coming from a midnight snack of extreme dark organic chocolate and 16 animal crackers (I got 4 little boys). I can justify the late night snack, but won't get into that. I joined a new gym last night and hit it up this morning. More intensity in this gym which motivates me even more. Today was a rest day, but I'm on the road and hope to rest tomorrow. Did more 8x8's this morning, upper body.
    Lat pull down 8x8
    Incline hammer press 8x8
    DB shoulder press 8x8
    BB curl 8x8
    Triceps press down rope 8x8
    More difficult step mill 25 min, no upper bar to lean on, have to remain upright entire bout.
    I brought my bands, so may get in more exercise. Will see.

2133 cals consumed. Basically skipped lunch BC of traveling, had 4oz beef jerky. This allowed for some serious late night snacking. Whipped PB, baked cheese snacks, pint of PB Halo Top ice cream! It was freaking good! No late night or early workouts, just rest. Had two egg white veggie omelette and a turkey sausage patty for breaky. Eating chicken, green beans, and riced cauliflower for lunch. Traveling home today and back at the workouts tomorrow!

Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I love the Halo Top ice cream. I can eat an entire pint of it and still feel good about myself because it is the approximate equivalent to a protein bar, yet it feels like a cheat snack because it is sooo good. I just wish it wasn't soooooo expensive...
    My fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173571151

Originally Posted by Imp81318 View Post
    I love the Halo Top ice cream. I can eat an entire pint of it and still feel good about myself because it is the approximate equivalent to a protein bar, yet it feels like a cheat snack because it is sooo good. I just wish it wasn't soooooo expensive...
    It was so good! Worth the $5!

1850 cals yesterday 231 P, 93 C, 48 F. Pretty happy with those macros. No activity, just driving. Skipped dinner and had some more baked cheese snacks and Halo Top to cap the night. 8x8 legs this am
    Hack Squats 8x8
    DB deadlifts 8x8
    Leg curls 8x8
    Leg ext 8x8
    Goblet squat 8x8
    Step mill 10 min
    Treadmill 20 min
    Need to skip the expensive snacking today!

230 this morning. New low for 2017. 2150 cals yesterday. Started today off with a glazed donut, 2 donut holes, and a bite of my wife's apple fritter. Today I hit the gym for shoulders, won't go through the whole workout as it isn't in my workout plan. Just hit all three heads. Then 100 or so reps of KB snatches, then some alt medicine ball push-ups, then 20 min step mill. Mowing the lawn today and spending time with the family. Carry on!

Did not do a good job tracking macros yesterday. Will try to piece yesterday the best I can, despite the extra exercise. Went to the gym this morning for arms, no cardio. Today will be better for nutrition for sure.

1974 cals yesterday, 206 P, 128 C, 84 F. Back on track after a undisciplined Saturday of an estimated 4000 cals. Social media can be a bad thing. Saw something about a 10k cal day and thought that it would be ok, felt pretty stupid. Anyways, back on track and that is all that matters. Traveling back home to Missouri this weekend, so now is the time to get that planned out in advance as well.
    8x8 upper body this morning skipping arms seems I trained them yesterday. Split chest into incline/decline.
    Decline hammer press 4x8
    Incline hammer press 4x8
    Hammer row 8x8
    Hammer shoulder press 8x8
    BB deadlifts 8x8, threw these in for some HIIT went pretty fast and low rest.
    15 min step mill.
    Got to ramp my cardio back up. Have slipped the last two days.

Building 'Dem Bane Traps! bbowsh54's Avatar
    bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by scrossmaggard View Post
    1974 cals yesterday, 206 P, 128 C, 84 F. Back on track after a undisciplined Saturday of an estimated 4000 cals. Social media can be a bad thing. Saw something about a 10k cal day and thought that it would be ok, felt pretty stupid. Anyways, back on track and that is all that matters. Traveling back home to Missouri this weekend, so now is the time to get that planned out in advance as well.
    8x8 upper body this morning skipping arms seems I trained them yesterday. Split chest into incline/decline.
    Decline hammer press 4x8
    Incline hammer press 4x8
    Hammer row 8x8
    Hammer shoulder press 8x8
    BB deadlifts 8x8, threw these in for some HIIT went pretty fast and low rest.
    15 min step mill.
    Got to ramp my cardio back up. Have slipped the last two days.
    Way to stay under 2k calories on EASTER! :P

Excellent workout this morning.... Strong 8x8 work -- I've never done a program like that. Like the sound of it!
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Training Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159564721&page=45 [ACTIVE]

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Brutal is the only word for it!

Thanks for checking in brother.

2146 cals yesterday 281 P, 113 C, 65 F, went with old fashioned oats after my PWO shake yesterday and doing the same today. Noticing that my glucose levels don't dip as hard after eating oats and I felt fuller yesterday. I worked thru my lunch and didn't even know it. Didn't eat until after 2:30 which is late for me. Did some accesory movements this morning. 15 min treadmill, usually done at 3.0 incline, 3.0 speed, then hanging leg raises, hyper extensions, calf raises, kettle bell swings, then 20 min on step mill. Weighed in at 230 in the dot this morning. Looking just from the outside in the 220's. One thing I noticed is the unsightly sagging skin and it looks terrible. Especially from my lower stomach and lower back. I'm really hoping there is more fat than I suspect, rather than loose skin. Peace out bye!

Had an amazing shrimp boil with onion, baby red potatos, smoked turkey sausage, and corn. Opted out of the corn and doubled up on the potatos. Added ketchup to them and ate them last! This was so good and just what the doctor ordered!

Under 2200 cals yesterday. Missed my alarm this morning, forgot to set it last night. Made it to the gym a little late. Rushed through my workout this morning, I hate that.
    DB lunges 8x8
    BB stiff legged dead lifts
    Leg press 8x8 with ISO tension holds
    Goblet squats 8x8
    Stationary bike 10 min

I missed a ham exercise and tripled on my quads. I will triple on hams next leg day. I feel DOMS in my hams and glutes the day or so after usually.

2316 cals yesterday. I am feeling confident enough to start adding in some carbs here and there. Close to 200 grams carbs and protein yesterday. Also had some Willy Wonka bottlecaps candies pre/intra/post training this morning. Worked arms this morning with some heavy kettle bell swings this morning. 10 min tread mill and 15 min step mill. I need to get my butt in gear prepping for my travel this weekend. Still up in the air if I'm even going or not. Dunno. Need to get ready tonight if so.

2262 cals yesterday, 236 P, 205 C, 51 F, almost identical to the day before. Threw some junk food in. Candy, Frosted Flakes, some rice cakes. Upper body this am.
    Lat pull down 8x8
    Incline BB press 8x8
    Lateral raises 8x8
    Hyper extensions 8x8
    Saved my arms seems I blew them up the day before. Been eating wonka bottle caps pre/intra/post workout. Love the pumps!
    Traveling tonight. Wish me luck!