Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Last edited by scrossmaggard; 03-09-2017 at 05:08 AM.
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!

scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)

Day 36

2438 cals, 278 P, 97 C, 111 F. Took in more fat than anticipated, mother in law is visiting and made tacos and nachos for dinner. I had a carb free meal. 6 oz ground beef, 1 tbspn 2% velveeta rotel dip, mixed in with lettuce and cholula. Kinda like a salad. This morning I had my rice cake pre-workout, then had a shake and 3 small pancakes afterwards. Shake N Cake! I trained back muscles today, starting with a tri-set of rear facing wide grip lat pull downs/bent over DB lateral flys, then bent over wide grip rows. I went to failure on each exercise, then immediately proceeded to the next exercise. Then some upright cable rows, with a rope, mid pulley standing cable rows, with a rope. Then some hanging lat pulls at a 45 degree angle on the smith bar, on to reverse grip lat pull downs. Finally lying DB pullovers, finishing with some light DB rows, squeezing and flexing at the top. Then on to the step mill for 20 min. I'd go moderate intensity for 2 min, then skip a step for a min, then light intensity for 2 min. Did this 4 times for 20 min. Just changing it up a bit. With the volume of the back workout, I missed more time for cardio. Tommorrow gonna lighten on the workout, maybe light shoulders, with some DB snatches or burpees, along with the step mill. Saturday is legs and a higher calorie day.

lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey man.

Not sure how I missed your log before - but its been a good read so far. I absolutely love seeing how people go from the "I will do better" muddling along stage to the "macros for the day were x,y,z - muscle group alpha was flagging last workout, will give it some additional attention next time" dedicated and knowledgeable stage.

You are carrying a lot of muscle, and your training is well set to maintaining/improving that - this is a fantastic investment in TDEE and I approve wholeheartedly of that attitude What is your rep-set ratio, how often do you train each muscle group weekly and how do you pair your splits? Its interesting for me to see how other people train, I have managed to break through training plateaus as a result of forum members input over the last few months and am always on the lookout for more "tricks" to keep me growing.

Subbed for progress.

Originally Posted by lukepeter View Post
    Hey man.

Not sure how I missed your log before - but its been a good read so far. I absolutely love seeing how people go from the "I will do better" muddling along stage to the "macros for the day were x,y,z - muscle group alpha was flagging last workout, will give it some additional attention next time" dedicated and knowledgeable stage.

You are carrying a lot of muscle, and your training is well set to maintaining/improving that - this is a fantastic investment in TDEE and I approve wholeheartedly of that attitude What is your rep-set ratio, how often do you train each muscle group weekly and how do you pair your splits? Its interesting for me to see how other people train, I have managed to break through training plateaus as a result of forum members input over the last few months and am always on the lookout for more "tricks" to keep me growing.

Subbed for progress.
    Thanks buddy. I try to work each body part once a week, with a 2nd workout of two body parts around the higher carb or calorie a day. One the day and the day after. Reps typically between 8-12 but I don't count. Just to failure. I also incorporate 3-4 heavier rep counts, but not often. I do add a special technique to every workout. Whether it's a drop set, triset, extended set, super set, negative, tension hold, or super high rep for pump. If I feel stagnant, I'll find a routine online. I use to keep detailed logs and journals, but lost the stress and go by how I feel. That's it.

Made some protein muffins last night, in hopes of using them before I train. I got from bb.com article, but modified just a bit. Each one has 107 cals, 9 P, 12 C, and 2 F. Made with protein powder, almond flour, oats, applesauce, and jam. Pretty good and just something to get me going in the am. Yesterday was 2337 cals, 242 P, 147 C, and 89 F. Same ole chicken sausage and egg breakfast. Lunch grilled chicken brussels and brocolli, the same for dinner, no snacks. Had my PB and protein with whipped cream before bed.

This morning was shoulders and I got there early. DB presses, Arnold presses, BB Front raises with drop sets, sitting lateral raises, seated front raises. Saving rear shoulders for Sun. 30 min on step mill, alternating steps and speed throughout. 15 min walking on treadmill, practicing vacuums for 10-15 sec every min. Tough to do while walking. Legs tomorrow.

Feeling the ill effects of the brutal leg workout this morning. I won't go in to detail, but it was a 2 hour session and I hit every muscle fiber I am sure of it. Also, got some blood in my traps as well. I am going over maintenance today. I haven't in two weeks. So going to grab a cheat meal. As it stands I've already consumed 1200 cals and 150 grams of carbs. More details to follow. Yesterday was under 2400 cals and was the same ole same ole. Chicken and veggies all around.

Gluttony

Every thing was going as planned yesterday, until I got home from my firearms training class. It was all day long. Was trying to keep the fat around 50 grams, but I gave in to some pizza (Toni's frozen cheese). My mother in law who stayed in cooked my boys pizza and they didn't eat it. Super disappointed I gave in with the WTF attitude. More gluttony pursued when out with my wife later that night and stopped for a burger, onion rings, and chocolate shake. Over 4K in cals for the day, tons of carbs, lots of protein and fats. I just dont understand it. I hit it super duper hard this morning and I actually was looking pretty hard. Not fluffy at all. Started with heavy bench press, which I don't ever do. Went to decline flys, never do these as well. Heavy DB inclines, followed by high pulley cable flys. Went to the pec-dec for some slow negatives, over 15 sec per rep. Then some chest press on the machine with light weight, utilizing rest pause techniques and squeezing at the top, then hands elevated push ups. Did some step mill, going intense for 2 min, then skipping a step for 2 min, then slowing down for a min. Did this 4 cycles for 20 min total. Definitely lost some water, sweating was very heavy. I brewed some green tea to help push the water out as well. Looking forward to the morning. Not sure what I will train. Pretty much whole body is sore, may stick to cardio.

On the road

Had to leave this morning for work. Eating bagged steak and riced cauliflower as it type.
    Yesterday was 2312 cals, 219 P, 99 C, 121 F. More fat than I wanted. Guacamole and ground beef contributed to that. This morning trained arms and step mill, waiting to get back home to train back. Hit the gym in the town I'm staying in tonight about an hour ago, so trained twice today. Just wanted to walk on treadmill, but did trap exercises and then kettle bell swings. Let's keep this going. Note: had beef 4 times in last two days. Odd.

Rest day

Much needed rest day today. Ate hotel eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast, beef jerky for snack, grilled chicken salad for lunch. Yesterday was 2850 cals, but got in two workout sessions. 335 P, 80 C, 134 F. Hope to keep it clean till I get home tonight. Gonna hit back tomorrow.

Back home

Yesterday ended up with only 1910 cals, 149 P, 91 C, 83 F. I skipped dinner in lieu of arguing with car dealers over possibly buying a new truck. Didn't get home until 8:30pm, I had some pumpkin seeds to snack on at the dealer, then had my concoction when I got home.
    Trained back this morning and then spent 10 min on treadmill and 20 min on the step mill. My body is still sore, probably could have used a rest day. I ate a protein muffin pre and post workout, along with a post workout shake. I took a good picture this morning, at least I think I look like I have made some progress. I estimate my weight being 242, as I was 243-244 before the gym and then I had some more business to take care of when I got there. I'll post the pic and record official weight Friday am, as I am traveling this weekend.

lower calorie day

Yesterday was a lower calorie day. Just plain busy as normal. Didn't get in a real dinner per say, I did have a Jimmy John's roast beef lettuce wrap, no bread, no tomato, no mayo. Just meat, cheese, and lettuce. 2029 cals, 226 P, 95 C, 89 F. I switched my peanut butter in my concoction to Trader Joe's crunchy peanut butter with chia and flax seeds. It was a nice swap. This morning was shoulders along with 15 min on treadmill and 20 min on step mill. That 20 min was brutal, skipping ever other step every 3 min and turning up the speed when I wasn't doing that. I really would like to fit in more cardio. I have a spin bike and may resort to using it before bed. Dunno yet. I feel I need to switch some things up. I'm thinking to moving to a 4 workouts a week doing 8x8 on a half body split doing 2 lower body workouts and 2 upper body workouts and fill in with cardio. Traveling this weekend and plan on prepping up some food for my travels. One day at a time!

Had a busy and productive day yesterday. Weighed in this morning at a new low for 2017 at 241 lbs. Feeling good. Had a good time at the gym. Had today off, went and picked up my new ride. Got 4 meals prepped for this weekend. Looking for a cheat meal tomorrow night. Trying not to do full fledged refeed with traveling and everything. On the road now, got some workouts planned in my hometown and hope to see some family. Back in town Sunday.

Decent Weekend

Friday went well, eating as planned. Saturday became a different story. Leg workout to begin, followed by step mill. Then rice cake and shake. Then on to McDonalds. Pancakes, Mcgriddles with egg whites no cheese and bacon, then we met family at Ci Ci's pizza buffet. Started with a salad and then someone was giving me a hard time for not eating pizza, so I had about 8 pieces. No clue on the cals/macros. Then later that night had hibachi grill. Started with miso soup, salad, veggies, shrimp, 8 oz strip, steamed rice. Avoided the fried rice and noodles, along with the sushi.

Had a great chest workout Sunday, followed by DB snatches, then step mill. PWO was my shake and cake, then followed by more family at Golden Corral. I surprisingly stuck with steak and collard greens, broc****, and brussel sprouts only. I did have a bite of seafood salad, one of my weaknesses. So, I skipped breakfast, had 2 oz of jerky on my drive home, then grilled chicken with riced cauliflower. Macros Sunday were only estimates due to no idea on nutrition at Golden Corral. 2380 cals, 234 P, 121 C, 148 F.

I am back home this morning and back to my routine. I worked back this morning along with step mill, this time 25 min and will transition my split to Upper and Lower this week. Cardio tomorrow is the plan. I had nothing prior to my workout this morning, just BCAA's while I trained, then I had a shake and cake. Weight was a surprising 236 lbs. I am going to buy a digital scale sometime this week, I just don't trust the analog one I use.

2101 cals yesterday 252 P, 66 C, 103 F. Same ole breakfast, chicken brocolli lunch, chicken riced cauliflower dinner, few minor snacks pumpkin seeds, baked cheese crisps, then my concoction. Did a lot of cardio this morning. Did focus again on rear delts in a few exercises. Did some hyper extensions, DB snatches, 30 min step mill, 10 min treadmill. It was fun. Doing good with diet today. Baking some veggie tots in the oven with my chicken tonight. Got some prepping ahead of me tonight, but got tee ball practice first. I'm just gonna keep going and get to 220 and see how I look and feel. I keep getting on the scale, even though I know I shouldn't.

Another good day

I was doing well yesterday, then found my self reaching in the pantry and fridge. Cut the urges with the Trader Joe's baked cheese snacks and kept my deficit at 2522 cals, 274 P /118 C /115 F. Did a chest light workout this morning, utilizing blood pumps. Nothing heavy. 10 min on the treadmill and 30 min on the step mill. Going that extra 10 min on the step mill really does me in. I'll be reaching for more carbs today and I already had pancakes and shake PWO instead of my protein bites or rice cake. Going after more veggie tots with my eggs this morning. I prepped grilled chicken, asparagus and riced cauliflower for lunch. I am feeling drained here lately and may consider a cheat meal tonight. I will see what my body says. Lower body workout tomorrow with 8x8's on the agenda. Let's switch some things up a bit.

Yesterday

So I had two pieces of pizza last night. Cheese pizza from little caesars. Also had two protein bites/muffins that I make. A rice cake and a bowl of cereal. I was hungry and reached for whatever. I tracked and logged it all. 3081 cals, 249 P, 258 C, 131 F. Didn't do my 8x8 legs like I planned. Worked arms and cardio. Just wasn't feeling it. Don't know when I will change up my routine. Maybe tomorrow, who knows.

Another successful day yesterday. 2452 cals, 272 P, 121 C, 105 F. Had protein muffin/bite, whatever you wanna call them. I bake them in a muffin pan, but they don't set up, so I rolled them into balls. 2 eggs, 4 egg whites, 1 chicken sausage, and two servings of veggie tots for breakfast which was tad different. No cheese. Lunch was chicken and veggies, then had some buffalo jerky after shopping at trader joes. I really didn't have much of a dinner, due to my kids having ball games last night. Snacked on bake cheese snacks and turkey pepperoni. Then my PB, protein, and whipped cream before bed. Worked shoulders this morning. Started with seated DB shoulder press, then seated side lateral raises, then Arnold presses, then BB side lateral raises. Then an extended set of bent over DB rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, alternating front raises, upright rows, then shoulder presses. All exercises in extended set to failure before moving directly to the next one without rest. I used 20 lb DBs and went 4 rounds of this. Then on to DB snatches for 5 sets of 20 (10 each side). I went and did some hyper extensions before doing my step mill. I went 25 min today. I am pretty wore out and feel I challenged myself and kept the tempo going today. On to the next day!

Current state

Again, disregard the body hair.

Over 3500 calories consumed. Quite ashamed to say the least. It started off heavy in the carbs, pop tarts, waffles, shredded wheat, I had one donut. Skipped lunch at a birthday party serving pizza, cake and ice cream. Then went to target and built my own pizza, using a pre made crust. Only 510 cals for the crust, topped with veggies and 8oz grilled chicken. The cheese cost me! I used low fat, but to cover the pie I used a cup and half of shredded cheese. Then I had a butterscotch dilly bar from DQ and some SF instant pudding. I would have been within reason without the late treats. I gave in. Hopefully my brutal leg workout, with cardio, which I never do, will help utilize those cals. I worked chest and cardio this morning. Still looking to bust into the 8x8 program. Doing good on the food today, despite being home all day. I booked a trip to Vegas in mid July, so I hope to get in the best shape of my life before then. I had a goal to fit in 34" jeans and I am there, next stop 220 lbs or 32" jeans. Which ever comes first. Hopefully the 2" first.

Better

Yesterday was 2517 cals, 309 P, 87 C, 110 F. I swapped a few items yesterday. I subbed 184 grams egg whites for two whole eggs and added veggies for breakfast. Did the same this morning as well. I found myself in snack mode yesterday being at home all day yesterday and munched on some baked cheese bites and spicy pumpkin seeds. Lunch and dinner was chicken and veggies. I subbed blackberries for PB in my concoction last night, still two scoops of protein and 54 grams of cool whip. I am ok with yesterday. This morning I weighed 238 lbs, before nature calling during my gym session. I really hate that. So I assume I am even lighter. I have seen 234 on the scale, so I suspect I am still holding water from Saturday's carb festival. Worked arms for the second time since Thursday this morning. My triceps are toast after working chest yesterday. Biceps feeling full during the workout. Only spent 15 min on step mill, but went and did some hyper-extensions after cardio. I planned cardio only, but I couldn't help myself when I got to the gym. I had a blueberry bagel with my PWO shake. My try to tighten things up a little on the diet this week. My drop my dinner chicken to 4 oz and up the veggies, maybe same for lunch. Trying to stay from the snacking.

Yesterday was busy! Didn't get in a real dinner per say, but I felt I needed more calories, so I ate. Not compulsory by any means. 2494 cals, 290 P, 92 C, 93 F. My legs are freaking sore today. Might be DOMS from Saturday, added walking lunges that typically don't do. Could be my long car ride yesterday. I spent 5 hours in a car yesterday. Had eggs, egg whites, veggies, and chicken sausage for breakfast. Lunch was chicken and diced cauliflower. Dinner was beef jerky, turkey pepperoni, cheese snacks, and pumpkin seeds. Also, added another chicken sausage link and my improved concoction. Been opting out of PB and subbing 180gs of berries. I prefer blackberries. This morning was back. Very high volume coupled with some super sets, tri sets, and finishers. Also, hit the step mill, also improved here. I added kick backs when I skip a step for two min cycles every 5 mins. Did 25 min total. My legs are hurting and I notice some knee pain. May need to back off the step mill a bit. Same breakfast as yesterday today. I also added a blueberry bagel to my PWO shake the last two days. I packed lunch, but had an impromptu lunch with boss. Did have a roasted chicken and peeled the skin with a ton of steamed brocolli no butter. I have a couple work trips the next few weeks to help me stay motivated along, until the Vegas trip in July.

Unbelievably hungry yesterday. Stepped in the 2600 calorie range. 2637 cals, 350 P, 107 C, 89 F. This morning was mainly cardio with DB thrusters, goblet squats, medicine ball push-ups, elevated wide grip push ups, DB snatches, hyper extensions, and lying leg raises. Then 25 min on step mill and 10 min on treadmill. Had some pan seared top sirloin for dinner last night. I seasoned it, got a cast iron pan hot with coconut oil, seated each side for 2 min, then threw it in the oven for 5 min. Came out perfect. I'm looking to get some additional fiber in my diet, as my body doesn't digest red meat well. That's sad as I am a deer hunter and meat eater at heart. May go OTC fiber supplement.

I ate in excess yesterday feeling tired sore and craving carbs. I knocked out a homemade pizza on archer farms this crust. 3033 cals, 321 P, 212 C, 99 F. It's prolly closer to my maintenance considering I was calculating my ideal weight (220) x 12 calories = 2700. I feel like I have a food baby today and weighed 238, obviously carrying water. That's ok. I changed up my pre and post carbs to a Thomas mini bagel, one before and one after with a whey shake. I trained arms and did cardio today. Felt great having that mini bagel and my veins were popping. Seems like that is gonna fit right in. I haven't baked any protein muffins and BC they have oats, they digested slower and didn't hit me as fast as the bagel. My legs are sore and don't look like I will hit them for a while. Hoping for a good day today and to keep hunger at bay!

2514 cals, 277 P, 131 C, 103 F, yesterday. Caught up in work yesterday and then baseball practice right after work. Skipped dinner had BCAAs at practice. Ran back home had 6oz cold sirloin, a chicken sausage with mustard, pumpkin seeds, and then my concoction, using strawberries. I find they are cheaper, less cals, and almost as much fiber than raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. This morning has rear shoulder work. My right front shoulder has been bothering me, so no front movements. Then 25 min on step mill. I did some ab exercises now my BF has dropped a bit and now can be noticed, so I will be doing more of that as I get leaner. Trying to develop a plan for tomorrow, as I will be in the woods with my son. May have to keep it conservative then workout late. This has been 60 days and I'm still in it to win it!

jss937 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, keep up the good work, good read. Do you have any goals set up for yourself?

Originally Posted by jss937 View Post
    Hey, keep up the good work, good read. Do you have any goals set up for yourself?
    Thanks! 220lbs or 32" waist, whichever comes first.

jss937 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by scrossmaggard View Post
    I had just read that in the post from a few days ago lol. Must have skimmed it first.

charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) charlzyd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by scrossmaggard View Post
    Well done buddy!

How close are you to your goal ATM?
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Took a step back in my personal goals today and prioritized for my son! One of the best days of my life!