Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jojobeanfit View Post
    How do you guys deal with social situations? Once the weekend comes I struggle with deciding on staying in or going out and being tempted. Last night I went to a house party and indulged a bit with mac and cheese, fried chicken and potato chips. I gained a little this morning, which is okay but I wish I can deal with the anxiety and wanting to be anti-social.
    First of all, I want to tell you it will get easier. So easy in fact, you may not even think about it eventually.

As far as how to handle it, the best way is to plan ahead. It's harder to do when you are eating at someones house because you can't look at the menu ahead of time. In those situations, I found these little "tricks" worked for me:

1. Try to make the best choices you can: take the skin off fried chicken, small scoop of mac n cheese or a roll but not both, etc. Lots of veggies!
    2. Put everything on one plate, including dessert if you are having it
    3. Be honest with your friends and family. This will relieve that anxiety and you will also get their support (hopefully, lol). I never said I'm on a diet, I just told them I changed how I eat.
    4. Try to relax about it. As long as you don't go completely overboard, you aren't going to do much damage (if any), especially if the rest of the day and week, you are on track.

I find it much easier when I go out to restaurants because I look ahead at the menu (their website or myfitnesspal) and plan what I'm going to eat before I get there.

Also, you are doing great! Just by being conscious about this and trying to do better is the first big step.

Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Poyser16 View Post
    The numbers for week one:

Week 1
    2/10/2017

Best Loser This Week
    Earlbolus 8.30

Group Stats
    Num. people weighing in 28
    Pounds lost this week 70.00
    Ave. pounds lost this week 2.50
    Group pounds lost to date 70.00

Great first week everybody! 2.5 lbs average is brilliant. And congrats to Earlbolus for getting our biggest loser after losing a ridiculous 8.3 lbs!
    Thank you very much!

furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Earlbolus, congrats!
    New Rules of Lifting for Women: Stage 5 starts June 5

BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great job Earlbolus!

alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Love to join.
    I have cycled my bodyweight almost every year because something always ruins it. This time, bought a business and took a dog bite to finger (i'm a vet). Now, need to get seriously back in shape.
    Current weight: 174.5
    Goal Weight: 165
    Body Fat %: No clue..probably about 22%

Originally Posted by Poyser16 View Post
    Hey guys!

Carrying on from the excellent hosts we've had over the last year or so, I'll be doing a spreadsheet to keep track of everybody's losses and goals throughout this thread.

Link to spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

In the meantime, just post in here (or send me a PM, whichever is easiest for you) with the following details:

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:

And for anybody reading this thread late, fear not! It's never too late to join. Aware me of your intentions and you will be added to the spreadsheet, no matter how long has passed.

This thread will cover the following weeks:

Week 1: Friday 10th February
    Week 2: Friday 17th February
    Week 3: Friday 24th February
    Week 4: Friday 3rd March
    Week 5: Friday 10th March
    Week 6: Friday 17th March
    Week 7: Friday 24th March
    Week 8: Friday 31st March

furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lassi is my new favorite thing. I drank it so much in college. How did I forget about it?!

Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Earlbolus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BTLgirl View Post
    Great job Earlbolus!
    Originally Posted by furiana View Post
    Earlbolus, congrats!
    Thank you!

So far so good. Still going strong. Had a bit of a gain this weekend, but it has disappeared now since this morning. Hoping to have a nice weightloss again this week. I also started a new training schedule, so that brings some new motivation to the table.

A new schedule! What are you trying?

Originally Posted by furiana View Post
    A new schedule! What are you trying?
    A friend of mine made it, who is so much further in training and has done some competitions, it consists of high reps and small breaks. Basically, in order to keep the hearth rate high and I think he just likes seeing me in pain lol. Just finished the third day. I also think that I have to get used to the high reps (did a lot of 3x8 or 3x10 before this). There are pyramid sets (12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 3 reps), heavy/light/heavy sets (10 heavy, 8 light, 6 heavy after each other) and there are 3x15 and 3x20. With cardio before and after it is pretty gruesome (or maybe I have to get used to it yet), but for now I like it.

My food intake is okay, I had a few slip-ups along the way this week so I wonder what tomorrow's weight will bring. I must say that I notice that my stomach has become smaller, so from tomorrow on I will also start taking measurements instead of only looking at the scale.

Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd like to jump on this train with you guys. Its rare that I catch one of these on the earlier side.

Starting weight: 248 lb as of 2/8, which was pretty close to the 2/10 date on the spreadsheet.
    Goal Weight: 230 lb ... at least during this 8 week period. A wee bit over 2lb per week seems doable at my weight. Ultimately I'd like to get down to at least 200lb and then reevaluate from there.

I've gone back to what works for me. Lifting heavy 3x per week, counting cals, myfitnesspal, etc. I'd like to add running back into my routine but I've been getting exercise-induced tachycardia and PAC's when I run. Cardiologist says its fine but it still scares the living hell out of me.

Homiekia is not very well liked. (-100) Homiekia is not very well liked. (-100) Homiekia is not very well liked. (-100) Homiekia is not very well liked. (-100) Homiekia is not very well liked. (-100) Homiekia is not very well liked. (-100) Homiekia is not very well liked. (-100) Homiekia is not very well liked. (-100) Homiekia is not very well liked. (-100) Homiekia is not very well liked. (-100) Homiekia is not very well liked. (-100)
    start: 141
    goal: 134 (or 8% bodyfat)

MadcatDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadcatDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadcatDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadcatDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadcatDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadcatDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadcatDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadcatDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadcatDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here I was thinking this week wasn't great. It started off slow, no scale movement mid week and I skipped a couple of gym and soccer sessions thanks to a big week at work, but I ended up smashing it the last couple of days and 2lbs down today, so pretty stoked right now

I have a couple of approaches to my weekends that when combined seem to work for me

1. Pick a healthy meal, including choosing salad or veges as a side instead of chips, not loading up on gravy. God I miss pizza or huge meals haha.

2. Limit my drinks. If I go out for a meal and drinks with friends, I try to stick to 1 or 2 drinks, and I will drink water between. And if I can use the excuse that I am driving, it makes it even easier

3. Work my calories around it, if I know I'm going out, I will eat a bit less that day and usually the day after and it will all even out

4. Have a big session at the gym, whether that day or the day after

5. If I do go overboard with a cheat meal, I try not to feel guilty about it, I just use it as extra energy at the gym to go heavy and extra motivation to make sure my calories are on point for the rest of the week. These things do happen, but if you otherwise stay on track it will just be a blip rather than falling off the wagon
    Last edited by MadcatDJ; 02-16-2017 at 04:29 PM.

achrafitou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Slow progress sadly

Start of Month: 166.5
    Week 1 (Feb 10th): 165.8
    Week 2 (Feb 17th): 165.6

Registered User BecomingSmaller's Avatar
    BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Down 2.0 to 201.4 this morning. Hoping to break through 200 this week.
    I never saw a wild thing
    sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
    without ever having felt sorry for itself.

54 year old male 6'4
    Jan 2016: 315#, May 2017: 185# 15%
    Next goal: 185# 12%
    #250kchallenge2018

TheWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Down 226.6 this morning.

216.3 lbs, which is -0.9 lbs for this week.

zealot1314 is just really nice. (+1000) zealot1314 is just really nice. (+1000) zealot1314 is just really nice. (+1000) zealot1314 is just really nice. (+1000) zealot1314 is just really nice. (+1000) zealot1314 is just really nice. (+1000) zealot1314 is just really nice. (+1000) zealot1314 is just really nice. (+1000) zealot1314 is just really nice. (+1000) zealot1314 is just really nice. (+1000) zealot1314 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This week was much worse than I thought it would be. I know I drank for the first time in forever, but I busted my butt all week after that.

This week is 190.5, only down .5lbs
    Starting Weight: 192.4
    Goal: 182

Week 1: 191.0
    Week 2: 190.5
    Week 3: 188.8
    Week 4: Friday 3rd March
    Week 5: Friday 10th March
    Week 6: Friday 17th March
    Week 7: Friday 24th March
    Week 8: Friday 31st March

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Completely forgot to weigh myself this morning so I'll have to do it tomorrow.

A belated congrats to Earlbolus on the fantastic loss last week.

stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Down from 189.6 to 187.6

Jojobeanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jojobeanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jojobeanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jojobeanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jojobeanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jojobeanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jojobeanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jojobeanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jojobeanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jojobeanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jojobeanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Happy Friday friends!! Thank you for all of the tips on eating out on the weekends, I appreciate it!!

Weighed 137.8, down .8 lbs, I'll take it. I have to stay on track with my food, workouts are going good. Since I lost some weight, I'm seeing more definition.
    Last edited by Jojobeanfit; 02-17-2017 at 07:02 AM.
    I stumbled into the fitness world and fell in love! <3
    IG:jojobeanfit

KeithSA is just really nice. (+1000) KeithSA is just really nice. (+1000) KeithSA is just really nice. (+1000) KeithSA is just really nice. (+1000) KeithSA is just really nice. (+1000) KeithSA is just really nice. (+1000) KeithSA is just really nice. (+1000) KeithSA is just really nice. (+1000) KeithSA is just really nice. (+1000) KeithSA is just really nice. (+1000) KeithSA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Scale was at 177 yesterday but shows me 178.4 today, so technically no scale progress but I know progress occurred so that's alright.

Start : 180
    Week 1 : 178.4
    Week 2 : 178.4

145.5 today. I'm hovering between 145 and 146, so the formula from New Rules for Women must be close to my actual maintenance.

Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Down .8 as of this morning to 173.8. I had a huge jump up on Monday and I think part of my loss last week may have been due to dehydration and its just correcting this week.

My weight swing was interesting this week:
    Friday: 174.6
    Monday: 176.4
    Today: 173.8

jpm5321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    193 this morning down another 2! Closing in on that 190 mark. Maybe by March!

Used a different scale this week then normal so I'll have to verify when I get back home.

It wasn't a great week diet or exercise wise in my book but maybe my body needed the change after almost 6 weeks of something steady. Planning to hit the diet here the next week and hopefully keep the 2lb trend going.

Way to keep with it everyone. You can do it!
    Starting: 198
    Week 1: 195.2 Week 2: 193
    Week 3: 193 Week 4: 191.2
    Week 5: 189.4 Week 6: 189.6
    Week 7: 187.6 Week 8:

ChigurhM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChigurhM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey,

1 Week in and 2.5lbs down. I have not started back in the gym yet, starting on Monday.

I have cut out bread this week and junk food (no alcohol too). Feel a bit sluggish as I have been restricting carbs, hopefully a good gym session will fix that.

Let's see what next week brings.

Good work by everyone involved too and keep at it.

Cheers

Chig
    Feb / Mar 2017 Fat Loss and Motivation Thread

Start: 200.5 lbs
    Goal: 186.0 lbs

Week 2: 198.0 lbs - Friday 17th February
    Week 3: 197.2 lbs - Friday 24th February
    Week 4: xxx.x lbs - Friday 3rd March
    Week 5: xxx.x lbs - Friday 10th March
    Week 6: xxx.x lbs - Friday 17th March
    Week 7: xxx.x lbs - Friday 24th March
    Week 8: xxx.x lbs - Friday 31st March

BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BTLgirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I didn't get to WI this am, I had to be to work early today! I'll be back with my WI tomorrow. Any idea how/why my profile pic changed on it's own? That is an old pic of me that I had deleted from my body space some time ago and now it's my profile pic! It will not let me delete!!!

BuffLiteYear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffLiteYear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffLiteYear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffLiteYear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffLiteYear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffLiteYear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffLiteYear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffLiteYear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffLiteYear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffLiteYear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffLiteYear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Weighed in a 217.5 this morning, down from 220 last Friday. Very pleased with this. Despite partying over the weekend, and a little bit during the week, kept diet in check and worked out hard. Excited to continue progressing next week.

alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alewisdvm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Began 2/13 Start weight: 174.5
    Weight from yesterday 2/17 Current Weight: 170.8

Is there any formula or average of how much water weight you could expect to lose in first 1 to 2 weeks of dieting?
    Also, would it really all be water loss? If you are in a true calorie deficit, I am aiming for 1700-1800 calories a day with maintenance being about 2300, I would assume some of that in first 1-2 weeks must be fat as well?