gcarey3678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gcarey3678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gcarey3678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gcarey3678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gcarey3678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gcarey3678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gcarey3678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gcarey3678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gcarey3678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gcarey3678 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gcarey3678 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Food cravings and tempting husbands

Anyone have experience with really bad food cravings? My husband is always, literally, eating the most delicious food there is late at night in front of me. I'm talking cake and ice cream, pizza, chips with dip, nachos, chocolate bars...
    It is so hard to resist and whats worse he always offers me some (which is nice but he knows I can't eat like that or I blow up into a house sized human)
    What do you all do to avoid temptations that are right in your face?!

Just another note that of course I allow myself treats here and there, believe me I do but I'll never reach my goals if I do it every night!

AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliGip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My husband can sit down and kill an entire pack of oreos with whole milk ( one of my ultimate favorite treats ever--but I don't ever eat them ALL- he does) .. but yet he doesn't gain weight.. so yes .. I understand

KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AliGip View Post
    My husband can sit down and kill an entire pack of oreos with whole milk ( one of my ultimate favorite treats ever--but I don't ever eat them ALL- he does) .. but yet he doesn't gain weight.. so yes .. I understand
    LMAO yes!! Mine is the same, he is always lean no matter what. And then with cookies they will eat the whole cookie in one bite, while were over there taking 4 bites and savoring them lol. Mine brought home an oreo flavored milkshake from Chick-Fil-A they other night...

critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Haha Same over here. I just have to turn off my visual (and sometimes auditory) tastiness receptors. My sister sent me a video of her bf mindlessly crunching on doritos while watching tv the other night. When you aren't having such things and you're feeling even slightly hungry, the very crunch-c-r-runch-c-c-c-run-ch makes you want to do very rude things.

Oh yea - and especially when they're not even doing it with respect (^Kim).

lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know this is strange and probably won't work for everyone, but what I do is almost see foods outside of my macros/plan for the day (especially at the end when I can't adjust anything to fit it) is I just say to myself "I can't have that." It's probably easier for someone who has experience with allergies or diet restrictions (vegetarian, lactose intolerant, etc.), but I basically try to see extra foods outside of my macros that way, like there isn't even an option. I used to be a vegan, so I have some experience in being able to deny food I "can't" have, so I just try to trick myself into thinking that way.

Another option is to leave yourself some carbs and fat, maybe a couple hundred calories' worth, every other night. This way you can indulge just a little. After a while of not seeing it as a cheat you might end up losing interest anyway. If not, who cares, it fits!
    Last edited by lizz15235; 01-28-2017 at 06:56 PM.
    ig: lizmeade_

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's just something to get used to and to get over. I cook 3-10x a day for everyone, including sons who can easily gorge on an entire pizza and still have ribs poking out. "I'll get fat if I eat all this", and that's just that. It's life. Gotta get used to it for the long haul.

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lizz15235 View Post
    It's probably easier for someone who has experience with allergies or diet restrictions (vegetarian, lactose intolerant, etc.), but I basically try to see extra foods outside of my macros that way, like there isn't even an option.
    Oh yeah, it's absolutely wonderful to have medical reasons for not eating foods that other people can eat.

KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimValentin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by critterbug View Post

Oh yea - and especially when they're not even doing it with respect (^Kim).
    HAHA I am going to tell him that he has no respect next time!

lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lizz15235 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    Oh yeah, it's absolutely wonderful to have medical reasons for not eating foods that other people can eat.
    I meant that you are more mentally trained in denying food because you have to, so it is easier to do it when you don't have to. It makes you mentally tougher in that aspect. Not at all meant as an insult.
    ig: lizmeade_

critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I meant that you are more mentally trained in denying food because you have to, so it is easier to do it when you don't have to. It makes you mentally tougher in that aspect. Not at all meant as an insult.
    I totally get what you're saying. That's also what I mean about tuning out the sensors. I just treat things that would push me over my calorie goal or make it hard to hit the protein goal as a non-option. But, agreed, easier when you've restricted before. I'm vegetarian so I can see a bloody filet mignon, acknowledge that it was good, but have absolutely no impulse to eat it because I've turned it off as an option. Like it's not even really food. I can do that for the most part - see treats all over the kitchen and just skim over them and treat them as background. But some days are harder than others... hungry days.

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I didn't take it as an insult, I just thought it was a really ****ing stupid thing to say. Hey, you know what else would be awesome? If you had some disease that made you skinny without even trying, then you wouldn't even have to diet! Some people have all the luck, right?

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is hard IMO.

My friends and family think i have strong willpower, but the truth is i exercise my willpower at the supermarket. If i buy some ice cream, i'll find a way to justify eating it! (Eating it all).

What i do in a situation like yours (which happens when my GFs and i cutting/bulking don't line up, which seems like its all the time) is make sure i'm eating my dessert at the same time as her. So if shes got a huge cake, at least I've got a small cake. Even if that takes me "over" my calories, its better to be 100 calories over than 1000.

Knowing yourself, your pathology's and habits and finding ways to work with/around them are they keys to long term dietary compliance IMO.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000) Jdizzlean is just really nice. (+1000)
    my wife does this to me all the time. she is constantly buying chips and queso, and ice cream which are my 2 Achilles heels.

I always tell her if she can't stop herself from buying the cookies and chocolate, to at least put them on the bottom shelf where I can't see them. Tall people don't use the bottom shelf...
    my workout blog: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177584181&p=1588523911#post1588523911

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is hard. My husband eats huge amounts of delicious foods. You really simply have to learn not to eat when you aren't hungry. And to have no hard restrictions when you are hungry.

One other thing is to have standards for everything you eat. I wouldn't be tempted by just any pizza, nachos, fries, etc. It would have to be really good ones.