Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Career Advice: Make the most of Linkedin

Srs.

See way too many people who make a Linkedin page just for the sake of having it, but it is almost worse than if they didn't have one at all since it gives the impression of them not really caring.

Take the time to sit down and flush it out. List all your positions and find the way to translate your experiences from those positions in the most generous way possible. Don't lie, that is not wise, but do be creative in how you present your experience.

Be specific. Get into the granular aspects of your job and provide bullet points of your responsibilities.

If you have a strong Linkedin profile you WILL get attention from recruiters. I get pitches from recruiters on a regular basis. Sometimes even if you are actively applying, rather than being recruited, they will still consult your Linkedin during the decision making process. A lot of HR platforms have Linkedin capabilities built right in for this purpose.

In addition to fleshing out your roles you need a personal bio (professional), a clean pic, and then you need to be slightly active. I don't mean you have to post and share articles, but join some groups in your industry and that will help get recruiter attention as well.

Plenty of accomplished miscers on here that would be more than happy to provide tips and pointers for any career oriented brahs looking to improve on this sort of thing.

SRS
    535 deadlift.
    *If you can't lift it without straps you can't lift it crew
    *Morrowind is the best game of all time crew
    *Double everything Chipotle Crew
    *Style crew
    *Sig line can't be a novel crew

notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My LinkedIn is so legit... one of the best LinkedIn's in the game right now

You can totally overdo it though.. At my old job I cold called for a stock broker well I had a colleague that had a section where it gave "advice for contacting him" cringy as fuk

MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by notbadnotbrad View Post
    My LinkedIn is so legit... one of the best LinkedIn's in the game right now

You can totally overdo it though.. At my old job I cold called for a stock broker well I had a colleague that had a section where it gave "advice for contacting him" cringy as fuk
    Agreed, you definitely don't want to post something like that lmao. Thats a giant red flag for large ego.
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I get hit up almost on a weekly basis. If not that then every two weeks.

MrAWatts deciding to give real advice instead of trolling.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    I get hit up almost on a weekly basis. If not that then every two weeks.

MrAWatts deciding to give real advice instead of trolling.

Same. Even if most aren't offers that I want to pursue (LMAO at giving up remote work) it is great to have options. And every now and then an offer will come along that you can't resist. BRB about to make a huge step up careerwise purely from having a solid LI profile.
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How should I dress in my professional picture? The real need of this thread is fashion advice for the peasants.
    Cutting 'cause fat.
    -Old Fat Kid crew
    -Arms everyday crew

Follow my log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163002671&p=1268361751#post1268361751

Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Witherman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rajc View Post
    is it also a good idea if you're freshly out of college?
    IMO, linkedin is a good idea no matter what your situation is.

If you don't have a ton of professional experience, list what you do have but expand on what you can with your education. groups, leadership roles, etc.
    Lets Go Brandon
    Pureblood

notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) notbadnotbrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MrAWatts View Post
    Agreed, you definitely don't want to post something like that lmao. Thats a giant red flag for large ego.
    My one buddies profile is as follows:

I start every morning with a smile.

I treat the janitor the same way I treat the CEO.

I value my time so you can sure bet I value yours.

Legit deleted him after he kept endorsing me for stupid fuking chit like Microsoft Word, like if you can't use word you have no business even looking for a career.... I keep my profile as succinct and professional as possible and keep endorsements minimal from only relevant contacts

Also went through and cleaned up my contacts, no need to have Stacey the sloot tanning salon manger I went to HS

Beararms has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Beararms has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Beararms has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Beararms has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Beararms has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Beararms has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Beararms has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Beararms has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Beararms has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Beararms has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Beararms has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No hits on mine, slowly stopped using it to the point That I dont even log on it anymore and I forgot my password. I dont even have a background worth putting on there.

Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LinkedIn crew checking in

My profile is pretty legit, I just need to update my profile pic to something a bit less 'casual'.
    USN Vet, Student, Loser.

Goals

12-15% BF -Goal met 5/26/2017 at around 10-13%
    1000LB Club - Goal met 11/9/2017. S/B/D 405lb/305lb/425lb 1135 total
    Look like I lift.

Me logging my pathetic lifts. - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174152951&p=1506677001#post1506677001

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Same. Even if most aren't offers that I want to pursue (LMAO at giving up remote work) it is great to have options. And every now and then an offer will come along that you can't resist. BRB about to make a huge step up careerwise purely from having a solid LI profile.
    Yeah I wanted another remote job but I'm going to ride this one out. Plus I'm going to get to work in the Czech Republic in April more than likely.

Plenty of opportunities of you work your network though. I'm starting to try and help other colleagues out, give advice, and keep in regular contact with people I know.

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Originally Posted by Rajc View Post
    is it also a good idea if you're freshly out of college?
    Absolutely. As the other bro pointed out there is a lot of quality stuff you can take from education experiences and apply. Any groups or organizations you were a part of, any projects you worked on, anything at all that could demonstrate you have either lead something, learned something, developed skills, etc. Linkedin in basically a neat list of your personal growth opportunities and experiences/skillset that show what you are capable of and why you may be a good fit for a job.

My one buddies profile is as follows:

I start every morning with a smile.

I treat the janitor the same way I treat the CEO.

I value my time so you can sure bet I value yours.

Legit deleted him after he kept endorsing me for stupid fuking chit like Microsoft Word, like if you can't use word you have no business even looking for a career.... I keep my profile as succinct and professional as possible and keep endorsements minimal from only relevant contacts

Also went through and cleaned up my contacts, no need to have Stacey the sloot tanning salon manger I went to HS

LOL would delete that pretentious guy too.

Originally Posted by Beararms View Post
    No hits on mine, slowly stopped using it to the point That I dont even log on it anymore and I forgot my password. I dont even have a background worth putting on there.

Mine was like this for a long time to be honest. It was about 2 years ago that I sat down and spent several hours working on it, and it has paid off. Even if you don't THINK you have a background worth putting on there, I would imagine that someone that is good with words and framing a situation could come up with a pretty good spin on your skills/experience.

Yeah I wanted another remote job but I'm going to ride this one out. Plus I'm going to get to work in the Czech Republic in April more than likely.

Plenty of opportunities of you work your network though. I'm starting to try and help other colleagues out, give advice, and keep in regular contact with people I know.

Man that would be sick, would you be heading there to do work for a client/partner or does your company have an international presence over there?
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It mostly just a tool for recruiters. And chitty ones at that. I get contacted frequently with various offers but a lot are sketchy.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Einstein

Originally Posted by hooty mcboobs View Post
    It mostly just a tool for recruiters. And chitty ones at that. I get contacted frequently with various offers but a lot are sketchy.

Read your first sentence.... a tool for recruiters. You can either put yourself in a position to be recruited, or not lol.

The quality of your profile directly translates to the quality of offers though. A bad profile will result in insurance sales offers and other shady stuff where they basically have to beg people to take the job. A strong profile will result in offers from VERY competitive companies, sometimes before a job is even posted externally. Srs
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

Man that would be sick, would you be heading there to do work for a client/partner or does your company have an international presence over there?
    Yeah we have a team there and in Australia. My boss told me to get my passport ASAP and that's what I'm going to do

May be able to get some side traveling done too.

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Yeah we have a team there and in Australia. My boss told me to get my passport ASAP and that's what I'm going to do

May be able to get some side traveling done too.

Looks like some of the perks of this job might make it better than the last one after all (minus the remote)
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a pretty strong LI and get hit up weekly with job offers

Pretty good advice ITT
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165829701

m1n2v5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) m1n2v5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) m1n2v5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) m1n2v5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) m1n2v5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) m1n2v5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) m1n2v5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) m1n2v5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) m1n2v5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) m1n2v5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) m1n2v5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Got my most recent job after being recruited off LinkedIn, good reminder to look over and update mine.
    And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods?

Registered Sex Offender TheSkins's Avatar
    TheSkins is a name known to all. (+5000) TheSkins is a name known to all. (+5000) TheSkins is a name known to all. (+5000) TheSkins is a name known to all. (+5000) TheSkins is a name known to all. (+5000) TheSkins is a name known to all. (+5000) TheSkins is a name known to all. (+5000) TheSkins is a name known to all. (+5000) TheSkins is a name known to all. (+5000) TheSkins is a name known to all. (+5000) TheSkins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Agree. I got "headhunted" for my current job via LinkedIn and have had other enquiries through it regarding good positions. Plenty of recruiters use it as their primary tool these days.

Basically you should make it as good as your CV (resume).

Looks like some of the perks of this job might make it better than the last one after all (minus the remote)
    Yeah and the team is good. Only a few miles from my apartment too.

I got my last job through LinkedIn too BTW guys.

- GZA "4th Chamber"

On another note ... I never got my job by someone recruiting me I used LinkedIn to add and message people that worked in senior roles at companies I wanted to work for.

Seems awkward and weird but it works srs

Originally Posted by m1n2v5 View Post
    Got my most recent job after being recruited off LinkedIn, good reminder to look over and update mine.
    Originally Posted by TheSkins View Post
    Agree. I got "headhunted" for my current job via LinkedIn and have had other enquiries through it regarding good positions. Plenty of recruiters use it as their primary tool these days.

Basically you should make it as good as your CV (resume).
    Yeah and the team is good. Only a few miles from my apartment too.

I got my last job through LinkedIn too BTW guys.

Hopefully all these examples will inspire some other miscers to tidy up their LI profiles. Really can be the key to the next career move.

On another note ... I never got my job by someone recruiting me I used LinkedIn to add and message people that worked in senior roles at companies I wanted to work for.

I've actually gotten interviews like this before too.
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Legit topic. Was just talking to an RN who got a job as a rep for Phillips monitors because she contacted through LinkedIn.

She was a total sloot too
    August 2023:
    BW: 194
    B: 315 x 3, 225 x 14 (PR: 335)
    S: 315 x 2, 225 x 18 (PR's)
    DL: 405 x 1 (PR); Trap Bar DL: 405 x 1
    OHP: 185 x 3 (PR), 135 x 16
    Chins: 22(PR) Pushups: 83 (PR: 101)
    1 Mile: 6:45 (PR: 5:52)

Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Never get contacted crew.

Some of us just born to be FA in all aspects of life
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

I wonder if Beast92 uses LinkedIn.

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I've actually gotten interviews like this before too.

This actually does work and isn't a joke. Had some interviews this way and it's usually my primary source to actually get people to notice when I do apply.

Apply on their website, then send out emails to recruiters giving a bit of background on who I am, position I'm interested, and that I have submitted an app. I then attach resume and cover letter directly for convenience and tell them I hope to hear from them about setting something up.
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What if I have no work experience and little leadership/extracurriculars. I made one, realized I wouldn't be showing much, deleted it, would also need to get a professional pic

BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finally got around to updating my profile a few months ago and set my job status to "actively looking." I'll get about one or two recruiter emails a week, more if I actively apply for jobs through the site. Can confirm, LinkedIn is legit as fuark.

Originally Posted by SoutheastBeast1 View Post
    This actually does work and isn't a joke. Had some interviews this way and it's usually my primary source to actually get people to notice when I do apply.

Apply on their website, then send out emails to recruiters giving a bit of background on who I am, position I'm interested, and that I have submitted an app. I then attach resume and cover letter directly for convenience and tell them I hope to hear from them about setting something up.

Absolutely this. If you apply to a job you're always going to stand out if you get on Linkedin, search for managers of the department you are applying to, and send them a message like "So and so, I have recently applied to the position of such and such. I wanted to personally reach out and express my interest, and see if we may be able to set up a few minutes to chat about the position. I have attached my resume for your consideration as well. Thanks for your time, signed".

Using a various of this template i have either got calls which lead to interviews then offers, or the person put me directly in touch with someone else to reach out to and have that conversation. You will instantly stand out over anyone who submits and app and hopes for the best.

Originally Posted by A0wner21 View Post
    What if I have no work experience and little leadership/extracurriculars. I made one, realized I wouldn't be showing much, deleted it, would also need to get a professional pic

Education?
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) A0wner21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mechanical engineering^ senior, senior project is working with a startup company helping them develop a product