Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Impressive progress.

I have crashed and burned on the LCHF diet in the past, but you seem to respond to it very well - that's awesome.

Too bad you can't change your somewhat defeatist username (denfete - Swedish for "the fat one" - am i right?), to something more inspiring to yourself. If you keep this up, you'll soon be dentunna (the skinny one) .
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)
    Goal: 240 lbs (109 kg) (which should be around 20-22 % bodyfat)

Weight:
    04.01.2016: 350 lbs (159 kg) - Highest weight ever
    11.14.2016: 323 lbs (147 kg) - Start of weight loss log here on BB
    06.13.2017: 239.9 lbs (108,8 kg) - Goal reached
    01.01.2019: 297.6 lbs (135 kg) - Life happened - on it again
    06.08.2019: 239,4 lbs (108,6 kg) - Goal reached once more

Fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172898461

Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PeteDenmark View Post
    Impressive progress.

I have crashed and burned on the LCHF diet in the past, but you seem to respond to it very well - that's awesome.

Too bad you can't change your somewhat defeatist username (denfete - Swedish for "the fat one" - am i right?), to something more inspiring to yourself. If you keep this up, you'll soon be dentunna (the skinny one) .
    Thanks Peter!

I think I just really like the fatty foods and that makes it easy for me to keep up the morale

Maybe I should change my name when I reach 130 to Denganskafete and so on lol
    My weight loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173375211

Start: 153 KG / 337.3 lbs
    Current: 126 kg / 277 lbs
    Goal: 99 kg / 218 lbs

Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Denfete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cool thing just happened! A colleague just asked me if I had dropped any weight recently because she said she noticed a difference It was awesome to get unintentionally acknowledged!

//Chris
    Last edited by Denfete; 03-02-2017 at 07:58 AM. Reason: word

Denfetes weight loss update day 54.

Hey everyone!

Literally sitting here eating my dinner which today simply is a brie cheese, been eating a little too much protein today so this will do nicely to fullfill my fat quota.

This week has been strictly according to the diet plan, I usually eat the same **** all over with little variation which keeps things simple enough. I had one day where I made keto pancakes which were amazing! I even bought low carb jelly which was cool but I could only add a little because it still contained carbs but not as much as the other products.

For drinks I usually drink water and coffee throughout the day, I've also got a sodastream machine which I use frequently as a replacement for sodas. Somtimes I add a product called Fun Light which contains no calories at since it uses aspartam as a sweetener. I've read that it could cause cancer if you consume too much so I try to keep the usage down.

Gym visits are basically the same as last weeks, not really gaining any results but not loosing any strength either but they are consistent and gets my pulse up. My morning walks however are not at all consistent, this week I've only gone once.

One personal observation I have made the past week is that i've started to lack of motivation to go to the gym and to actually get going - however when I am up and running I give it my all. I think it's a way of my body is trying to stop me to loose more weight. From what I understand our bodys are programmed into being hairy and sleeping in a cave and therefore thinks that I am in a pickle for not eating enough food and trying to conserve my energy. However I'll sweat that hairy lazy cave man out of my system...lol .

Weight update

Start: 153 kg/ 337 lbs
    Current: 136.5 kg / 300.93 lbs
    Difference: 16,5 kg / 36.37 lbs

0.93 kg to sub 300! Really excited for that! 1.7 kg down since last week, slowed down a little bit, maybe because of my lack of morning walks or simply because I've gotten further into my journey and my body is trying to adapt or something.

That's it for this week, I've a feeling that my grammar, spelling and what not have been somewhat lacking in this post, I am really tired and just finished my brie cheese.

For anyone still reading, have a nice day!

Pictures attached as usual.

//Chris
    Attached Images

PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    16,5 kg lost - that is a lot of weight loss in a very short while - congrats.

Don't worry about the walks. In the calories in vs calories out they mean very little. a 5 km walk will at best burn off 300 calories. In a week that would be 300 grams of fat. So if the walk are stifling your motivation, save your energy for the lifting.

Regarding Fun Light. Aspartame is one of the most researched artificial flavor substances in the world. I mean it has had to live up to the Health and safety departments requirements in not just the US, but in ALL the countries that sell Coke Zero and similar soft drinks. That is hundreds of countries, and hundreds of labs that have tested it, and none of them has been able to prove a correlation between aspartame and cancer.
    So unless you believe there is a huge international conspiracy, i would drink my Fun Light with pleasure. I know i drink about 2 litres of the stuff every day.
    Artificial sweeteners is such an emotional topic for people, so try to separate science from anecdotal evidence. I, for instance, have gained 40 kg of weight since i moved to Sweden - does this mean that Sweden makes all people fat? .
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)

Weight:

Originally Posted by PeteDenmark View Post
    16,5 kg lost - that is a lot of weight loss in a very short while - congrats.

Don't worry about the walks. In the calories in vs calories out they mean very little. a 5 km walk will at best burn off 300 calories. In a week that would be 300 grams of fat. So if the walk are stifling your motivation, save your energy for the lifting.

Regarding Fun Light. Aspartame is one of the most researched artificial flavor substances in the world. I mean it has had to live up to the Health and safety departments requirements in not just the US, but in ALL the countries that sell Coke Zero and similar soft drinks. That is hundreds of countries, and hundreds of labs that have tested it, and none of them has been able to prove a correlation between aspartame and cancer.
    So unless you believe there is a huge international conspiracy, i would drink my Fun Light with pleasure. I know i drink about 2 litres of the stuff every day.
    Artificial sweeteners is such an emotional topic for people, so try to separate science from anecdotal evidence. I, for instance, have gained 40 kg of weight since i moved to Sweden - does this mean that Sweden makes all people fat? .
    Thanks Pete!

I'll trust you, I will also keep drinking my fun light with pleasure I just get the feeling that everything that is sweet and nice to consume is bad for you in some way and it makes me a bit paranoid, also the Swedish forums like flashback and familjeliv doesn't help at all in these areas.

Sweden definitely makes you fatter

//Chris

lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi Chris.

You are doing fantastically. if 1.7kg per week is a slow down for you then you need to eat more I will always advocate a rate of not much more than a kg a week of weight loss, but for those of us with significant body fat percentages that number can be greater during the initial stages. Your current lack of driving force to get off the couch and into the gym may well be as a result of your very aggressive deficit - while you are still getting up and at it it is not a problem, but if you find you are skipping workouts more frequently, or the cravings are resulting in the occasional binge, you should up your energy intake to a more reasonable deficit.

Your progress is very noticeable in your pics - even if the last set looks like they were taken with a potato Have you found that your clothes fit better and that you are more comfortable during your day to day activities?

Still reading

Originally Posted by lukepeter View Post
    Hi Chris.

You are doing fantastically. if 1.7kg per week is a slow down for you then you need to eat more I will always advocate a rate of not much more than a kg a week of weight loss, but for those of us with significant body fat percentages that number can be greater during the initial stages. Your current lack of driving force to get off the couch and into the gym may well be as a result of your very aggressive deficit - while you are still getting up and at it it is not a problem, but if you find you are skipping workouts more frequently, or the cravings are resulting in the occasional binge, you should up your energy intake to a more reasonable deficit.

Your progress is very noticeable in your pics - even if the last set looks like they were taken with a potato Have you found that your clothes fit better and that you are more comfortable during your day to day activities?

Still reading
    Hey Luke!

I think my energy levels are still really good and my strength is still good aswell when i actually work out. I only have motivational issues to get to the gym or going for the walks, for the gym part I'm eventually always going there, not as much with the walks.

From my last experience the weight loss started to slow down below 130 so I will keeping doing what i am doing now with a 2500 daily kcal intake and see what happens then.

About the clothes, I have tons of clothes that I've grown out of so that wont be an issue , the only thing I have to get sorted out is my belt which is basically does nothing right now, attached a picture I took 2 weeks ago.

//Chris
    Attached Images

Also I accidently dropped my phone and the camera lens got some spots and scratches on it, I can try to take the next pictures with the front camera

And no I don't really feel any more comfortable tbh. I think its like to watch your hair grow, I don't really see a difference by just looking in the mirror, I need the side by side comparison in order to see any difference at all.

I've noticed that my legs have shrinked quite a lot but my stomach is still huge and I can literally hold it with my hands.

//chris
    Last edited by Denfete; 03-09-2017 at 12:29 AM. Reason: word

lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Any movement here Chris?

How are things progressing?

Hi Luke!

I've been sick for quite some time - havent found time or energy to do an update. I haven't worked out for like 3 weeks BUT I've been perfect on the diet all this time.

I will try to make a real update next week!

//Chris

Glad you are sticking with it man, it is worth it.

Dude - i have the suspicion that you have hit a plateau in your weight loss effort, and as an effect of that, your motivation is going down?

If you share what you are doing, and you are honest, people in here can help you revitalize your effort. Weight loss is damn hard, and it's not just the technicalities of calories, training feeling and dealing with hunger part. It's the whole mental aspect of it, and trying to redefine the whole approach to your body. Getting a different outlook.
    I know that losing huge amounts of weight is a grind, and if the approach feels too invasive, it just doesn't seem worth it. Like - you lose some kg's, but you don't see or feel a difference that can offset the discomfort of feeling deprived.
    But man - i will be worth it at some point, so you have to trust the process.
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)

Weight:

Hey bros! Thanks for commenting it really means a lot to me!

A lot of stuff has happened the last month and I am slowly coming back on track, update coming tonight, that's a promise!

//Chris

Originally Posted by Denfete View Post
    Hey bros! Thanks for commenting it really means a lot to me!

A lot of stuff has happened the last month and I am slowly coming back on track, update coming tonight, that's a promise!

//Chris
    looking forward to reading it chris, stay afloat man, if there are issues table them here and let Peter hit you with his wisdom hammer

Day 101 - Keto ****up but moving forwards

Hi guys... I am so so sorry for such a delayed post - I am here to explain myself and post current update.

First of all I want to say that today I am not a statistical number of one that gave up!

Current Weight: 277,7 LBS / 126 KG
    Starting Weight: 337 LBS / 153 KG
    Total Loss: 60 lbs!!!! / 27 KG!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Im still going F****** strong I just had some rough couple of weeks and here is kind of what happened:

ME: Body you dont get to eat any more carbs!
    BODY: WTF?!
    ME: Hell yeah!
    BODY: ehh you sure about this?
    ME: Hell yeah!
    BODY: k...

1 month later I visit my grand parents for a full day and they offer nothing but carbs. To not be unpolite I decided to skip ONE day of keto and oh man did i skip that day (Didn't drink tho and still haven't) - I ate bread, pasta, potatoes you name it and I loved it. My body didn't tho.

ME: Check this out buddy body you're getting carbs!
    BODY: LMAO - I QUIT

Anyway... I got so f***** sick the day after that I didnt even wanna live, it was like the worst hangover I ever experienced - I was in bed for one or two days and then I decided to take it easy for the rest of the week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that one week miss of updating I just kinda pushed it forwards - I will do it next week, tomorrow, on friday, after the weekend and so on, I finally got my thumb out of my ass and here is the update damnit!

I havent gotten back on keto yet, I am doing more of a regular LCHF diet now which i find easier to maintain and prepare for.
    Neither Did I work out for like 2 or 3 weeks after my crash but since last week I am back on track again and I haven't lost that much which I am grateful for.

Note: I've been reading everyones updates everyday and they are reallllly motivating guys - thanks so much to everyone that is doing the same journey as I am!

Pictures attached as usual!

//Chris
    Attached Images

Hey Chris.

Whatever you are doing, just go right ahead and carry on doing it, this last set of progress pics shows MASSIVE progress, and in a very short time also...

Grandparents are the very worst enablers on the planet It seems like it is inbuilt in the job description to make sure we are well fed, and then better fed after...

You are doing so well man, we were worried for a while, but it seems like it was in vain

JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Awesome progress! Keep going man!
    My fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173521121

Thanks guys!

I really appreciate the support