Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile No More Excuses! Time to lose weight!

Hi Guys

My friends have all become sick and tired of hearing about me 'being on a diet' 'Eating healthy' 'Not drinking' 'changing my lifestyle' 'working out' 'My DOMS suck' yeah all that general Jazz of when you start a diet and workout plan

So I come to the one place that I feel at home asking and talking about weight loss and generally enjoy seeing people encourage others and pulling out all the stops to help someone achieve their goal.

My weight has always fluctuated, I go from looking decent to looking like a Mix of Maradona and a mexican cartel leader, not ideal but that's life ha, I'm only 23 and it's time to kick my sorry A#se into shape.

I was once 14st and healthy for my size a bit chubby but I could shift my weight around a football pitch along time ago at 18, I put on weight then lost it before getting with my girlfriend nearly 2 and a half years ago, I got content and went from 15st to 18st 7lb within the 2 years

The realisation and kick up the arse I needed came 3 months ago donning a fluorescent yellow football kit I was put on the wing thinking I still had some of my old flair and pace long story short is I didn't I didn't even have the confidence to run with the ball, but after hearing jibes from onlookers and substitutes about 'my fat arse' 'he ain't gonna trouble anyone' it flicked that switch inside my head, It upset me and I spent days thinking about it, I decided enough was enough.

Doubled up with a bet I had with friends that was made after maybe one too many whiskeys that I would have a 6 pack by 23rd December 2017 which sets to see me losing 600 pounds worth of my hard earned cash! The date was picked as in my head it seemed reasonable and along side my plans to go travelling around that time, I know I can lose weight and this site has been the very platform that has instilled this new found faith and belief that I will indeed collect my 600 pound and I shall bring back that flair and belief on a football pitch.

Since just before Christmas due to the flu and healthy eating since the 2nd January I've gone from 18st 7lb to 17st 3lb as of yesterday,

We all try to portray that others approval of our weight loss don't matter too much but we all really know how nice it makes you feel when you're complemented on your achievements.

I'm in this so I can make myself proud and get back that old me that I've missed very dearly, also so I can express my feelings without my mates having to remind me that they're bored of hearing about it!

Please feel free to give me any advice or inspiration/motivation I shall be more than pleased to see it!

LETS GET THIS DONE

CURRENT WEIGHT:17ST 3LB
    GOAL WEIGHT: 13ST

lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Welcome, I am sure you will find majority of the posters here are supportive and helpful.

What are your goals (other than 600 quid worth of 6-pack)?

What have you done differently in order to lose a "stone" (god bless imperial units...)?

What training program are you following?

All of the above questions will directly effect the kind of advise you are given here...

Regards,

Luke

PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lukepeter View Post
    Welcome, I am sure you will find majority of the posters here are supportive and helpful.

What are your goals (other than 600 quid worth of 6-pack)?

What have you done differently in order to lose a "stone" (god bless imperial units...)?

What training program are you following?

All of the above questions will directly effect the kind of advise you are given here...

Regards,

Luke
    Hi Luke,

My goals are getting in shape to go travelling as I plan to propose to the mrs and want to look nice in pictutes, and as stated return to playing football, also to boost confidence my weight played a big part on me having a negative mindset in life, no motivation no aspiration the lot, but its helping, the 600 pound is just an extra bonus if and when I get there, its not my big motivation, its all the other stuff that's driving me

I've cut out all fizzy all processed foods chocolate crisps alcohol and no takeaways where as I was having 4 take aways a week and getting drunk on weekends with my mates, I'm now eating healthy hitting my macros and logging everything I eat via myfitnesspal I've always drunk water so that has been no problem to stay away from fizzy

Ive just picked a plan instead of just doing an everyday different body part split like I used to, currently following AllPros plan I'm a week in, it is something I think will keep me rather excited and interested in as I enjoy all the workouts, on off days I do some cardio as and when I feel that my muscles aren't aching too much

I know this is a journey for a life time and I'm under no illusion that I'll won't be exactly where I want to be in a year so as long as I'm losing weight and grasping the basics of food control and planning my diet and getting a structured workout I will keep going!

Thank You In Advance
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

21/12/16: 259lb
    21/1/18: 214lb
    Tranformation Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173362951&p=1481295921&posted=1#post1481295921

lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It seems like you have it dialed in, so not much to say other than keep it up and grind it out

It is nice to have a space for un-judged fitness dialogue, individuals not on the same path will very soon tire of hearing about your new PR's every couple weeks and methods of hitting your macros effectively

I have tried to get it all in line so that it all just free flows and stops me from tripping up over rookies mistakes that I've made in the past like losing weight too fast and gaining it as fast as I lost it also eating more interesting meals and not plain chicken and veg every night has kept me interested

Tranformation Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173362951&p=1481295921&posted=1#post1481295921

This week has been full of ups and downs,
    On a food note very well to start and down 1lb to 17st 2
    Fit men cook on YouTube have made the boring chicken rice and broccoli lunch meal now rather exciting and I look forward to my lunch at work check them out,

However 2 people have passed away this week and a very upsetting time of the year for other reasons got the best of me and I ended up eating a pizza last night I felt guilty and I won't be doing it again its no excuse and I caved in

but I was in the gym today and ready for next week which is my 3rd week of all pro extremely enjoying it and ready to smash it and see whether this 10 rep week will get me as people have said,

Onto another week and time to kill it once again!

Stay Focused! Stay Motivated and KEEP GRINDING!

Truth time.

You will fall off the bus from time to time, and occasionally eat an entire Pizza (its delicious, and mommy always said not to leave food on your plate after all...), consider what made you do so in the first place, have you been restricting energy aggressively enough to trigger a binge etc. The guilt will mess you up, try shrugging it off and make sure to start the next day back on track. In the long run it will only be a small setback if you get straight back on to the proverbial wagon.

Keep it up.

Luke

Truth time.

You will fall off the bus from time to time, and occasionally eat an entire Pizza (its delicious, and mommy always said not to leave food on your plate after all...), consider what made you do so in the first place, have you been restricting energy aggressively enough to trigger a binge etc. The guilt will mess you up, try shrugging it off and make sure to start the next day back on track. In the long run it will only be a small setback if you get straight back on to the proverbial wagon.

Keep it up.

Luke
    I had half a pizza and felt guilty enough,
    But I was back in the gym the next day and scales are only looking positive, I'm too fired up to change to slip back into my old eating habits, The guilt has gone from friday, I shook it off got in the gym and resumed like normal,

Prepped all my meals for the week yesterday and prepped dinners so I have no reason to order bad food even if I'm feeling down I've got all food ready in fridge and freezer!

A big positive I went to watch the football yesterday and got alot of people saying I looked like I'd done a good bit of weight which has given me more drive!

Once again, you seem to be well set on the right track.

Keep grinding, keep posting. the journal here is a great adherence tool.

Another week in and lost more weight,
    The mrs says my belly feels alot less bloated and I'm feeling alot better, my bodies looking alot better and I seem to have picked up some of my old shape on my upper half from my old gym days, I feel more awake and getting up at 5am every other day for gym isn't as hard as it used to be

I've managed to get my sleeping pattern back sleeping at roughly 10.30pm most nights for 7-8 hours, earlier on nights before gym making the most of this as my job industry will pick up in the summer and blow my sleeping pattern out the water, but it beats the 2am-6am pattern I had a few months back

Big achievement for me this week, I went from the gym to meet my friends at the pub I had a few diet lemonades and stayed away from the alcohol and cheap fried chicken, I don't know where the motivation came from but it was amazing and I felt so proud

Heavy day of week 4 of cycle 1 on allpro tomorrow and I'm so buzzing for it!

My meal prep for the week is getting better and better and my meals are tasting so good even after being froze its made my life 1000x easier through the week

Onto another week of hard work and dedication the journey has only just began

Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Truth time.

This!

BTW,

What is eating than less than a whole pizza!?!? I don't understand. Pizza is to be eaten in whole pies!
    Lol
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!

Finished week 5 of cycle 1 of allpro this week, seeing great results in the mirror despite only losing 1lb this week my shoulders and upper body are showing some visible signs of returning to the shape I once was, its getting me happy and motivated and my legs feel better than ever

However a weekend of binging of crap food has been the order its not good for me and I know this but I'm not off the track I will get back on tomorrow just celebrated a few things with the friends and the mrs, trying to keep our relationship on track lead to a buffet of great meats freshly cooked in a brazilian restaurant also out with her today but back on track tomorrow

Bought myself a bike for rides in the night after work in between work days but I never understood how putting weight on would really hurt my a**e on a bike,

Onto another week still losing weight still focused just focused on sorting vital things out but never the less I'm motivated took pictures today and in the last 6 weeks I've made noticeable progress!

THE UPRISING

Great progress man. 1lb is actually a very good and sustainable weight change moving forward - especially since you are lifting (and ideally maintaining or growing your lean mass).

This change shouldnt be all consuming - enjoy the weekend with your missus and friends, your social interactions are just as important to your health as your diet. So long as you get back on the straight and narrow afterwards there is so little harm done.

It has always baffled me (as a one time cyclist) when people who are a few kg's overweight spend thousands of $ to get a bike that is 100g lighter Cycling is great as a low impact energy burner, and every kg over lean makes you work that much harder

Yeah its still numbers down on the scale and a step towards where I want to be which is a plus weighed myself today and about 3lb heavier from beginning of a binge this weekend, hopefully that will go within next few days and hopefully is water weight held from the raised salt intake and few alcoholic beverages.

Either way back in tomorrow to start cycle 2, lunches once again cooked for the week gone with lean turkey mince and chili con carne, chicken was just getting a tad boring so switched it up this week as I was enjoying chili in previous weeks

Me and the mrs have definitely picked up the last week and so be it that it cost me a few extra calories and a few quid spent but without her I'd be half the person I am so its all worth it

I don't understand getting things that are 100g less when I'm over 100kg haha not like that 100g is gonna matter that isn't gonna get me to the next set of traffic lights a hundred of a second quicker but it will certainly hurt my bank

First time this year that my motivation has dipped I missed 1 training session on saturday I felt guilty but after a bit of browsing on the forum reading my reasons over again just gave me another little kick up the rear that I needed.

Weighed in today at 236lb same weight as last week but that's due to last weekends mishap but going through struggles at the minute that are being worked on, still on track this week still got in the gym still lifted them weights and still hungry for what I want!

182lb seems a long way away but I'll get there I've got no choice, I must do this for myself.

Work leaving do and a birthday tomorrow so out 2 nights in a row going to be good looks like a pepsi max for me instead of the double courvosiers and fruit ciders

You know the feeling of being lost? Feeling like you're letting yourself down when you said to yourself that you wouldn't this time round?

That's been me the last 3 weeks I've maintained and not lost no weight, I've drank alcohol I've ate chocolate and I started to go into what I was before this, being around my mates that 'just wanna have fun' and difficult relationship times led to me taking the mrs out for dinner a few times a week and all of a sudden I felt like I was back at square one, one bad day turned to 2 and then turned to another half of a day,

turned it back around this week though, and I'm down another 3lb we are all human we all fail but its how we handle getting back up and carrying on that defines us as people, I spent hours last night on this very forum the one that ignited the flame and I'm so hungry for change and to better myself (I'm always hungry) fighting other mental issues also doesn't help but that's no excuse only I control what I put in my mouth

God damn did them pizzas buffets and fruit cuder taste nice though, on Tuesday I had literally no energy in the gym and it was such a slog but that is only from such a bad weekend of eating, it was my fault but I got out all the reps and it didn't break me, last night after eating better this week and eating my carbs 8 or so hours before my work out I felt so much more energised and pumped and I got it done to my amazement!

Suffering at the minute from chest pain when I move my arms but the pain is going slowly day by day so I must take it careful but Phantom you can do it! Only you can do it for yourself mate, make you proud I know the man you once was and I know how much you wanna play football again! Do it for yourself!

To anyone reading this maybe struggling you can do it! You're a beautiful person you just have to believe in yourself no one else can do it for you! Have a great week!

Originally Posted by PhantomEater View Post
    You know the feeling of being lost? Feeling like you're letting yourself down when you said to yourself that you wouldn't this time round?

That's been me the last 3 weeks I've maintained and not lost no weight, I've drank alcohol I've ate chocolate and I started to go into what I was before this, being around my mates that 'just wanna have fun' and difficult relationship times led to me taking the mrs out for dinner a few times a week and all of a sudden I felt like I was back at square one, one bad day turned to 2 and then turned to another half of a day,

turned it back around this week though, and I'm down another 3lb we are all human we all fail but its how we handle getting back up and carrying on that defines us as people, I spent hours last night on this very forum the one that ignited the flame and I'm so hungry for change and to better myself (I'm always hungry) fighting other mental issues also doesn't help but that's no excuse only I control what I put in my mouth
    **** happens man, you are back here getting it done - thats what counts... The trick, and its a difficult one, is to get to the point where motivation is only a small part of the process - I had to be so disciplined for the first 4 months of my training before it became comfortable habit, the same goes for eating. Your friend circle can easily make or break you in this endeavor - that's why we, the silent readers, are here - a counterpoint to the group that made it easier to get into this mess, a source of camaraderie that understands what you are going through and why. In a lot of cases your fitness and transformation will be nothing but an irritation to the people that made up your peer group before your lifestyle change - and that's fine, the change is yours, not theirs. They didnt ask for it nor do they want to hear about it all the time. Again, thats why we are here. Your log, and the people that read it and contribute are basically your support group in this. So if you are having a crap week, tell us and we will kick your arse for it and hopefully get you back up and running - if you are having a good week, tell us so we can celebrate vicariously through your victories

Originally Posted by PhantomEater View Post
    To anyone reading this maybe struggling you can do it! You're a beautiful person you just have to believe in yourself no one else can do it for you! Have a great week!
    I don't know about beautiful... In truth, I am quite a belligerent bugger in real life - but you made me feel pretty inside just this once

**** happens man, you are back here getting it done - thats what counts... The trick, and its a difficult one, is to get to the point where motivation is only a small part of the process - I had to be so disciplined for the first 4 months of my training before it became comfortable habit, the same goes for eating. Your friend circle can easily make or break you in this endeavor - that's why we, the silent readers, are here - a counterpoint to the group that made it easier to get into this mess, a source of camaraderie that understands what you are going through and why. In a lot of cases your fitness and transformation will be nothing but an irritation to the people that made up your peer group before your lifestyle change - and that's fine, the change is yours, not theirs. They didnt ask for it nor do they want to hear about it all the time. Again, thats why we are here. Your log, and the people that read it and contribute are basically your support group in this. So if you are having a crap week, tell us and we will kick your arse for it and hopefully get you back up and running - if you are having a good week, tell us so we can celebrate vicariously through your victories

I don't know about beautiful... In truth, I am quite a belligerent bugger in real life - but you made me feel pretty inside just this once
    Its become a routine going gym and I've found by going at 9.30pm on weekdays is great I don't have to wait for squat racks and everything else I just get in there get it done and get out

The feeling of being in the gym makes me happy and proud because its change its progression I've never followed a proper weights programme and I'm 9 weeks into allpro and its great,

Yeah my friends are a great bunch just being 23 drinking and kicking back having fun are part and parcel but for the next month I'm staying away as this next hopefully 8-10lb is a big thing for me, just getting under 16stone will be like a celebration

I had a bad weekend but this week has been great and ANOTHER 2LB DOWN! sitting at 16st 7lb I'm so happy I've been singing since I weighed myself this morning my nan even made a joke that I'm not allowed to be so happy this early in the day but when I told her why she congratulated and said it looks like I'm doing well she's so stubborn so them few words had me feeling like Adonis

Haha feeling pretty is the one it'samazing how much confidence seeing the scales go down can give you, its such a magical feeling!

Onto another week of Greatness and progression!

'There's no stopping us, no one does is better'

Test day of Cycle 2 of AllPro I passed, could of done with more than 5 hours sleep, but got it done

Doing squats with dumbbells is really annoying I wish the gym had more than 1 squat rack

All relationship problems have gone now that will make it easier to focus on this long journey, so many people can't believe I'm still at it they thought it would be another 3 week thing for me, 12 weeks in and I'm showing no sign of stopping

Went to a party the weekend and people noticed that I lost weight that made me so happy I was like a cheshire cat, got another 4 weeks till another party but with a different lot of people so grind grind grind and see what nice words they have to say.

Seeking validation from others isn't something I've ever done but its nice for people to notice it gives you a little lift along the way

Its always nice when others recognize the hard work you put in, big hormonal rewards from the brain Its a bit of a double edged sword though, their enthusiasm for your progress will wane, and those dopamine hits are harder to come by, eventually you will become an instagram man of ill repute

Onward!

Fighting depression and other hardships makes this journey even harder the weight loss lifts my moods and takes alot of the thoughts away its great for the mind but then bammm it all goes pete tong

This journey is a long one and one I'm feeling proud of, its helping me conquer my demons as seeing them scales move gets me buzzed for days just a reminder to myself to keep going even in my hardest days!

You can do it believe in yourself Phantom

It's not a diet its a lifestyle change and that's what I tell myself it's for a new more positive me

Another postive smashed W1 C3 heavy day of allpro upped my squat weight from 60kg to 75kg I needed to push myself a bit harder on squats as the last 10 weeks I've been trying to perfect form and amazed myself by getting it done with good form! Onto Thursday for another session!

Relationship back on track!
    The mrs said she's seeing changes in my body and I feel like she really meant it, boy did I start tensing, I may have even blushed! I looked like a performing walrus but never the less a more trim walrus!

Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Awesome news!
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!

What a great week just left the gym and I'm feeling great!

What a great find Heck Chicken Sausages were! They taste great and keeps the calories down! Pair them with some turkey bacon and bamn it feels like a proper breakfast or in a sandwich with half the calories of pork! leaves more for my dinner!

Onto another week! This long journey is enjoyable and rewarding.. I just filled up the tank cos I've got along way to go but I'm seeing progress along these bumpy roads

Weighed myself today finally under 16 and a half stone still got a few days till weighing on friday so hopefully another 1lb loss will be great,

The thing that went wrong for me and I've realised it wasn't really relationship it was failing to prepare on a sunday, for 3 weeks, Failing to prepare is preparing to fail after all!

Currently swaying between 140-160G protein a day and 60-65G fat carbs have been consistently around 150G a day with me taking in 1850 calories

It's great yesterday I had a massive breakfast but it fitted in to my fats and macros, chicken sausages a bit of bacon scrambled eggs and beans, people frown when I tell them I'm on a diet and eating pork bacon, or if they see me have a rare pack of crisps but they simply don't understand its about calories in vs calories out and that rare pack of crisps stops me from indulging more frequently in bad food

Another great session today, morale is high and determination has upped another notch, went and played footy with a few friends for some cardio that I've not been doing too much, but as I approach the 15stones time to hit my cardio as I'm just over 18lb away from returning to football training as I go down the weights

Looking at my signature 9lb down in 9 weeks and some flat spots here or there, not ideal but still a pound a week so something to still be proud of I guess

"I guess"?!

It is absolutely something to be proud of, you are making your body consume less than it "feels" it needs, and it can be pretty stubborn about wanting to maintain a given status quo, and unsubtle in its attempts to get you to eat.

Well done man.

8th Jan (Top) 6th April (Bottom) long journey ahead but proud of my baby steps I'm very conscious so todays post has taken alot to do it
    Attached Images