Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great to see that the community is still working towards honest and natty gainz.

Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great advice, definitely something that a lot of beginners out there hate to hear. Most of 'em are impatient, and want results FAST.

They gotta remember that the risk of getting injured is SO REAL, and that it'll be so much worse compared to their fear of not making the most out of their workout.

jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey, just wanted to ask what the best foods are for working out, I'm just doing some research to help my site here.
    healthhorizon779253930.wordpress.com/2018/10/07/the-journey-begins/

BinceVince has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My old workout routine used to be:

Legs, chest, back, shoulder, arms, rest, rest

Now I changed it to an upper/lower split because my body seemed to fully adapt to my old routine and resulted into a plateau.

My new workout:
    (Monday) Upper A:
    Decline bench 3x8
    Dumbbell shoulder press 3x8
    Reverse lat Pulldowns 3x8
    Barbell row 3x8
    Bicep curls 3x8
    Reverse flys 3x8

(Tuesday) Lower A:
    Squat 3x8
    Back extensions 3x8
    Leg press 3x8
    Seated leg curl 3x8
    Standing calf raises 3x8
    Oblique crunches 3x15

(Wednesday) rest

(Thursday) Upper B
    Incline bench 3x8
    Chest fly 3x8
    Reverse lat pulldown 3x8
    Upright row barbell 3x8
    Straight Arm pulldown 3x8
    Triceps extension 3x8

(Friday) Lower B
    Front squat 3x8
    Deadlift 3x8
    Leg extension 3x8
    Leg curl 3x8
    Standing calf raises 3x8
    Ab workout 3x15

The weird thing here is that in my old workout I'd do dumbbell shoulder press as my first workout vs my new one where it's after my decline bench press.

I used to be able to do dumbbell shoulder press 3x8 perfectly fine but since it's my second exercise instead of first for my new workout routine I could barely do it.

Does this mean I'm losing gains or am I just fatigued from decline press.

Should I lower my shoulder press weight due to the fact that I'm unable to do it?

I'm so confused I don't want to lose gains I want to make gains.

Calisthenicss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So nobody is answering my thread and i think it may belong here, just need some advice
    Hey bodybuilding community! I hope somebody has time to read it and help me. Side note, english is not my native language so really sorry if i have some grammar issues.

Im a 19 year old guy from Estonia, weight is 66 kg.
    So i have had alot of ups and downs in the gym and never really got a decent motivation to hit the gym. But calisthenics really caught my eye on (no offence to the gym, gym is amazing!) . Training with your body weight is the most amazing thing i have ever discovered!

So i started doing calishtenics in june and really felt the progress i was making but i hit depression hard and quited.

But now i started again and im in better form then ever!

So as i know, getting enough sleep is one of the most important things to gain muscle and recover from the workout. And i know if i aint getting it i may even lose gains. But the question is if im getting it and does the night shift affect my body and muscle gains somehow?
    So my night shift is 12 hours starts at 9 pm and ends 9 am in the morning.

My workout plan right now, just getting my body used to calisthenics, nothing special. Calling it full body workout
    * 4 Chin Ups
    * 30 second wall sit
    * 12 dips on chair
    * 8 squats
    * 10 push ups
    * 4 pull ups
    * 10 leg raisers
    * 10 decline push ups

And doing 3 cycles per workout and 3-4 minute rest between the cycles.

So my week consists
    * Monday - Full Body and Cardio - No school/No Night Shift - Getting 7-8 hours of sleep
    * Tuesday - Full Body - School and Night shift - Awake 24 hours - going work after the workout and going to sleep in the morning and sleeping to the evening ( 6-8 hours) and back to sleep in the night( awake couple of hours)
    * Wedensday - Rest - No School/ No Night shift - Getting 7-8 hours of sleep
    * Thursday - Full Body - School and Night shift - Awake 24 hours - Sleeping 6-8 Hours to the evening and going back to sleep at night
    * Friday - Rest - Night shift - Awake 24 hours - Sleeping 6-8 hours to the evening and back to sleep at night
    * Saturday - Full Body - No School/Night Shift - Sleeping 9-12 hours
    * Sunday - Rest - Night Shift - Sleeping 6-9 Hours until evening and going back to sleep in the night

So is my body getting decreased gains because of the night shift or am i doing something wrong here. Just worried!
    And the night shift messes up my diet because i have to eat in the night too guz i get hungry 2 times at night atleast. Or should i just stick to eating in the day and not eating at night?
    And thank you for your time to read my message and looking forward to founding a answer.

I'm 5'5, 156lbs, 24.7% body fat and want to cut down to 10% body fat before bulking up again.

I entered my calories into freedieting.com and used Katch-McArdle formula and input my body fat percentage.

According to the website, it was saying that I should be eating 1741kcal to while cutting. I wasn't sure if this is correct because I feel like its low, but if it seems fine I wouldn't mind doing it.

Also i workout 4 times a week. Upper lower split.

Any thoughts?

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BinceVince View Post
    I'm 5'5, 156lbs, 24.7% body fat and want to cut down to 10% body fat before bulking up again.

I entered my calories into freedieting.com and used Katch-McArdle formula and input my body fat percentage.

According to the website, it was saying that I should be eating 1741kcal to while cutting. I wasn't sure if this is correct because I feel like its low, but if it seems fine I wouldn't mind doing it.

Also i workout 4 times a week. Upper lower split.

Any thoughts?
    All websites are just going to give you an estimate. Use it and adjust based on the how your weight on the scale is moving.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

spartan345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Are these stats decent for a begginer?

I am 17 years and i recently (2 weeks back)started training and my calves are 16.7" and my biceps are 13.5" both untrained , my height is 183 cm and my ffmi is 21.6. Are these decent stats for a begginer ?

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by spartan345 View Post
    I am 17 years and i recently (2 weeks back)started training and my calves are 16.7" and my biceps are 13.5" both untrained , my height is 183 cm and my ffmi is 21.6. Are these decent stats for a begginer ?
    You were over obsessing over the wrong things. Go to the gym and lift. Validation is not going to make you grow.

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

dootdoot69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to find out how much i bench?

I usually workout quite a lot at home with lots of pullups, dumbbells, lots of pushups and sit-ups, ab wheels, runs, and other exercises. I want to go to the gym and not look like a total idiot , is there a way to calculate how much i can bench?

dedgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedgod is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Advice

I’m 14 and 220 lbs. I play football so during this off season in the 8th grade, I want to get stronger so that I won’t struggle when I get to the high school as a freshman. I’ve looked a bunch of things up lately and people are saying you can’t get stronger without a diet, and it is all about nutrition.. all I want to know is how big people start off in bodybuilding. Do we actually have to start off with a diet. I wouldn’t say I’m starting bodybuilding, but much likely starting weightlifting, as I would call it. To get bigger and stronger. I need all the advice I can about this. Thanks.

Originally Posted by dootdoot69 View Post
    I usually workout quite a lot at home with lots of pullups, dumbbells, lots of pushups and sit-ups, ab wheels, runs, and other exercises. I want to go to the gym and not look like a total idiot , is there a way to calculate how much i can bench?
    If you have never benched before then it's probably not a good idea. Start light with weights you can handle and follow a proper program.

FMH Crew Little Beast

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dedgod View Post
    I’m 14 and 220 lbs. I play football so during this off season in the 8th grade, I want to get stronger so that I won’t struggle when I get to the high school as a freshman. I’ve looked a bunch of things up lately and people are saying you can’t get stronger without a diet, and it is all about nutrition.. all I want to know is how big people start off in bodybuilding. Do we actually have to start off with a diet. I wouldn’t say I’m starting bodybuilding, but much likely starting weightlifting, as I would call it. To get bigger and stronger. I need all the advice I can about this. Thanks.
    By diet they mean eating healthy and the right amount, not what you are thinking of calorie restriction

spartan345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys, I have an ffmi of 21.8 untrained. How much ffmi should I expect in a few years?
    24?25?26?

Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would like to design a workout that emphasises shoulders and upper chest for myself. I'd pretty much entirely neglect flat benching, and that's completely fine with me:

1. Warm-ups > Incline dumbell press (Reverse Pyramid 6-8, 8-10, 10-12)
    2. Dumbell shoulder press (same scheme)
    3. Lateral Raises 3x12-15
    4. Face Pulls (at least two sets of 15 reps?)
    5. Shrugsx15

- Is jumping straight off of chest presses into shoulder presses a good idea? Do I need to warm up again?
    - Should I add at least 3 sets to each of the following isolation excercises, or is it too much volume?

Originally Posted by Gitsune View Post
    I would like to design a workout that emphasises shoulders and upper chest for myself. I'd pretty much entirely neglect flat benching, and that's completely fine with me:

1. Warm-ups > Incline dumbell press (Reverse Pyramid 6-8, 8-10, 10-12)
    2. Dumbell shoulder press (same scheme)
    3. Lateral Raises 3x12-15
    4. Face Pulls (at least two sets of 15 reps?)
    5. Shrugsx15

- Is jumping straight off of chest presses into shoulder presses a good idea? Do I need to warm up again?
    - Should I add at least 3 sets to each of the following isolation excercises, or is it too much volume?
    A good way to warm up for most movements is simply to start with a light weight and work up to your working sets.

Too much volume or too little can't be judged based on the info you have given us. Volume is usually based on your total weekly volume, the balance of your routine, your training experience and other such things.

FMH Crew Little Beast

Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    A good way to warm up for most movements is simply to start with a light weight and work up to your working sets.
    For most movements I just do slowly work up to the weight while trying to keep reps somewhat low. Only exception to this is probably pull-ups, which I do like 20-25kgsx10-12 and just hit bodyweight for 12-15.

Too much volume or too little can't be judged based on the info you have given us. Volume is usually based on your total weekly volume, the balance of your routine, your training experience and other such things.
    Then what about the rest of it? Is it "functional" (no future repercussions)?

What kind of information would I need to give to help me make a routine for myself? Conventional routines go with traditional excercises that emphasise flat bench and the like. And I don't know if I should really pick a program and just edit stuff.

Then what about the rest of it? Is it "functional" (no future repercussions)?

What kind of information would I need to give to help me make a routine for myself? Conventional routines go with traditional excercises that emphasise flat bench and the like. And I don't know if I should really pick a program and just edit stuff.
    Please define functional? how is incline dumbbell press more"functional" than flat bench?

What is wrong with conventional routines? is there any medical reason preventing you from doing "traditional" exercises?

FMH Crew Little Beast

Please define functional? how is incline dumbbell press more"functional" than flat bench?

What is wrong with conventional routines? is there any medical reason preventing you from doing "traditional" exercises?
    I never said it's more functional. In terms of "functional", I just mean in a way that it may avoid certain consequences later on...like, for example, only doing push excercises and not enough pulls is apparently bad.

It's just my personal preferences. I'd rather have a very prominent upper chest and shoulders, while conventional routines seem to relatively put them on the side.

I never said it's more functional. In terms of "functional", I just mean in a way that it may avoid certain consequences later on...like, for example, only doing push excercises and not enough pulls is apparently bad.

It's just my personal preferences. I'd rather have a very prominent upper chest and shoulders, while conventional routines seem to relatively put them on the side.
    But they don't though. Fierce 5 is pretty much one of the most balanced routines out there. Emphasis on certain muscle groups is a good way to create imbalances.

If your concern is following a balanced routine, then fierce 5 is a very safe bet.

FMH Crew Little Beast

But they don't though. Fierce 5 is pretty much one of the most balanced routines out there. Emphasis on certain muscle groups is a good way to create imbalances.

If your concern is following a balanced routine, then fierce 5 is a very safe bet.
    Well, I'm not JUST targeting those areas. The ones I mentioned are only in terms of push excercises/shoulders/chest. I'll probably be adding in respective pull excercises like pull-ups and rows the days before or after said workout.

Bottom line, is there anything wrong with my first idea?

Well, I'm not JUST targeting those areas. The ones I mentioned are only in terms of push excercises/shoulders/chest. I'll probably be adding in respective pull excercises like pull-ups and rows the days before or after said workout.

Bottom line, is there anything wrong with my first idea?
    As you yourself say a routine is all about balance and all. So just doing any x movement on chest day is meaningless when you don't know how you are balancing it out with the rest of your workout.

It would be better if you created a thread with your entire routine or better yet instead of trying to reinvent the wheel for unknown reasons follow the already pre-written routines.

FMH Crew Little Beast

christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100)
    [QUOTE=CWGame;1480010661]Welcome to the Official Stupid Questions thread. In this thread you can ask any question related to weight lifting, nutrition, injuries and any other issues or questions pertaining to Physical Conditioning.

Talk about steroids due to forum policy is banned.

THREAD RULES:

This thread is for serious questions only, no matter how stupid you may believe they are.

TO ADVICE GIVERS: Please try to give factually correct (scientifically supported) information where applicable.

TO ADVICE SEEKERS: This thread is NOT for new lifters only. ANYONE can post in here and ask a legitimate question.

[Previous versions of this thread]

thanks!

Originally Posted by fatmanforever View Post
    1) Last week I did 55 x 12,12,12 on my OHP.

2) This week, I was gonna start with 60 x 8,8,8, but I thought it would be too much so I decided to do 57.5 instead.

3) I was able to do 57.5 x 8,8,12 easily, and regretted not doing 60.

Should I skip straight to 60 x 8,8,8 next time?
    You don't need to be training at maximum intensity all the time. Just follow the progression. You gain muscle even if you are not training at maximum intensity.

FMH Crew Little Beast

I weighed/checked my body fat percentage last week on a tanita-3000 body composition scale and it said that I was 16% body fat and 152lbs this was around 9:30pm though. I weighed myself again with the same scale today but at around 1:00pm and it said that I'm 17.8% body fat and 154lbs. (Keep in mind that I'm cutting).

Does the time when you weight yourself have to be consistent in order to average out a proper estimation of weight/body fat?

GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BinceVince View Post
    I weighed/checked my body fat percentage last week on a tanita-3000 body composition scale and it said that I was 16% body fat and 152lbs this was around 9:30pm though. I weighed myself again with the same scale today but at around 1:00pm and it said that I'm 17.8% body fat and 154lbs. (Keep in mind that I'm cutting).

Does the time when you weight yourself have to be consistent in order to average out a proper estimation of weight/body fat?
    Yeah, those estimates fluctuate so much. Just eating and drinking alone are factors that'll majorly influence that figure.

dox0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I measure 180 centimeters and I went from 158 pounds to 165 pounds with 7 weeks of training 6 days per week (3 days legs/abs 3 days chest/arms). Is this good progress?

Originally Posted by dox0 View Post
    I measure 180 centimeters and I went from 158 pounds to 165 pounds with 7 weeks of training 6 days per week (3 days legs/abs 3 days chest/arms). Is this good progress?
    gaining 7 pounds of weight means nothing, it could just be all fat.

Your routine looks crap though.... you are missing your entire back.

FMH Crew Little Beast

dox0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    gaining 7 pounds of weight means nothing, it could just be all fat.

Your routine looks crap though.... you are missing your entire back.
    Sorry I forgot to mention that my fat % didn't increase, and also forgot to include some back exercises on the arm/chest day.

Originally Posted by dox0 View Post
    Sorry I forgot to mention that my fat % didn't increase, and also forgot to include some back exercises on the arm/chest day.
    good on you then. I would ensure you are following a good routine as right now it seems questionable.

FMH Crew Little Beast