Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)

The Official Stupid Question Thread: PART 3

Welcome to the Official Stupid Questions thread. In this thread you can ask any question related to weight lifting, nutrition, injuries and any other issues or questions pertaining to Physical Conditioning.

Talk about steroids due to forum policy is banned.

THREAD RULES:

This thread is for serious questions only, no matter how stupid you may believe they are.

TO ADVICE GIVERS: Please try to give factually correct (scientifically supported) information where applicable.

TO ADVICE SEEKERS: This thread is NOT for new lifters only. ANYONE can post in here and ask a legitimate question.

[Previous versions of this thread]

Chapter 1: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135982301

Chapter 2: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149842473
    Last edited by CWGame; 01-21-2017 at 12:58 PM.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The questions in most threads belong here, lol.

TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey. If Albert is pretty short and his doc puts him on gh therapy. Can he still work out at the gym regularly and expect increased mass? Will the gh get focused on building his muscle because his concern is height.
    6"2

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KENKONG View Post
    stickied!
    Thank you.

Originally Posted by TakuraK View Post
    Hey. If Albert is pretty short and his doc puts him on gh therapy. Can he still work out at the gym regularly and expect increased mass? Will the gh get focused on building his muscle because his concern is height.
    Sorry talk about PED's on this forum are banned.

TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TakuraK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CWGame View Post
    Sorry talk about PED's on this forum are banned.
    Where can I ask this question?
    6"2

Originally Posted by TakuraK View Post
    Where can I ask this question?
    There are PED forums out there.

mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello CWGame again, looking for more answers here.

I'm currently doing Davis' Furious 5 program and had a few questions.

- On programs like SS or ICF, they say to add 5lbs for upper and 10lbs for lower every every excersise (as long as you get the reps and sets down) but F5 progress' with 5lbs weekly for upper and 10lbs for lower. Would it be suitable to add weight every session with the program? Why/Why not?

- Also, most novice programs advocate to work out on AxBxAxx then BxAxBxx and alternate. Why is that? Is it possible to just work out on Alternating days? like AxBxAxB etc..

Sorry for these questions, the 2nd is a FAQ but im not specifically sure why not.

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mKernie View Post

- On programs like SS or ICF, they say to add 5lbs for upper and 10lbs for lower every every excersise (as long as you get the reps and sets down) but F5 progress' with 5lbs weekly for upper and 10lbs for lower. Would it be suitable to add weight every session with the program? Why/Why not?

- Also, most novice programs advocate to work out on AxBxAxx then BxAxBxx and alternate. Why is that? Is it possible to just work out on Alternating days? like AxBxAxB etc..

Sorry for these questions, the 2nd is a FAQ but im not specifically sure why not.
    It sounds more reasonable to add weight when you hit the reps. I believe that's what you should be doing in fierce 5. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The reason its run that way is to allow for rest days as you need time for muscle to recover.

mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    It sounds more reasonable to add weight when you hit the reps. I believe that's what you should be doing in fierce 5. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The reason its run that way is to allow for rest days as you need time for muscle to recover.
    In F5 it's add weight after 1 week. I also hit the reps for every excersise (with 2-3.5min rest)

And i see your point for letting my muscle recover, though i dont seem to feel fatigued the next day.

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In F5 it's add weight after 1 week. I also hit the reps for every excersise (with 2-3.5min rest)

And i see your point for letting my muscle recover, though i don't seem to feel fatigued the next day.
    I think adding weight once you hit the reps sounds like a smarter idea as there is no point moving up if you are unable to handle the current weight.

Its common for beginners to want to add in more work but that's not always good. Stick with the routine. Rest is just as important for muscle growth as acctually working out

Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    I think adding weight once you hit the reps sounds like a smarter idea as there is no point moving up if you are unable to handle the current weight.

Its common for beginners to want to add in more work but that's not always good. Stick with the routine. Rest is just as important for muscle growth as acctually working out

I see, so you recommend adding weight once i hit the reps instead of waiting for a week?

I see, so you recommend adding weight once i hit the reps instead of waiting for a week?
    Sounds like the logical method to me. Guys feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I may not be understanding this question. If you are asking if you should change the program around I would highly advise against it. I'm not familiar with that beginner program but one huge draw about most beginner programs is they have day to day progress. Follow the program whenever it has you progress I'm a true believer of workout to workout progression until you get into the later stages of being a beginner.

As for the three day a week, almost all beginner programs will have this for a couple reasons. First so your life doesn't revolve around the gym. 3 days a week is very reasonable for everyone. Recovery, once you get to the later stages of beginner routines it becomes very taxing and gets harder to progress. 3 days a week allows you to have good recovery. You could do 4x a week doing 2x of each if there is an A and B workout, but it will get harder the longer you go.

Thanks for the help, ill stick to doing AxBxAxx then BxAxBxx but add weight every session if i get the sets/reps

Thanks for the help, ill stick to doing AxBxAxx then BxAxBxx but add weight every session if i get the sets/reps
    No problem

hs030300 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am 16yo. 5'11, and weight around 165 lbs and go to the gym five days a week. My question is nutrition related: How much should I be eating a day? How many grams of protein do I need to build muscle? Thanks

Originally Posted by hs030300 View Post
    I am 16yo. 5'11, and weight around 165 lbs and go to the gym five days a week. My question is nutrition related: How much should I be eating a day? How many grams of protein do I need to build muscle? Thanks
    Go to the nutrition section and read the stickied post on counting calories and tracking macros. That should clear a lot of it up for you.

Minkster123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What should I do if my gym says you need to be 15+ to use free weights? Should I try and just use machines, just do bodyweight exercises or just use the free weights.

Originally Posted by Minkster123 View Post
    What should I do if my gym says you need to be 15+ to use free weights? Should I try and just use machines, just do bodyweight exercises or just use the free weights.
    See if you can get a note from your parents/ written consent. If not just use machines and or calisthenic workouts.

Horsebiscuits1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Horsebiscuits1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Horsebiscuits1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Horsebiscuits1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Horsebiscuits1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Horsebiscuits1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Horsebiscuits1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Horsebiscuits1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Horsebiscuits1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Horsebiscuits1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Horsebiscuits1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whenever I squat, I tend to sloop over in my lower legs. I can leg-press much more than I can squat with ease (I'm just a beginner, by I'm currently at 230 on the leg press but 75 on my squat). I keep wanting to tip forward, although on most reps I break parallel. Why could this be?

Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Been holding on to this question because I thought it was too stupid to start a whole thread thanks for this sticky.

I have been lean bulking for a few months now (avg. +2.5lb/month)and have had great results but I want to make this a long term bulk and would rather not bulk myself into an 18%+ bf range and need to cut to avoid obesity.

I heard the 12-15% bf range is relatively easy to maintain with good control of nutrition do you think I could stay at >18% or even >15% if I clean bulked for 2-3 years because I want to avoid cutting if possible since it's counter productive to hormone levels and growth of bones, reproductive system etc. Quite frankly I'm happy I avoided the whole "aesthetics" fad my age range is obsessed with and want to build my 20lb+ of muscle first before I even consider a cut.

I believe I am currently in the higher end of the 12%-15% range maybe 13/14% but I should be still in that range the specific % doesn't really matter.

Current Stats: 6"0 - 153.3lbs
    Goal: 6"??? ~ 200lbs 15-18% bf
    Last edited by Gain6; 01-30-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Originally Posted by Horsebiscuits1 View Post
    Whenever I squat, I tend to sloop over in my lower legs. I can leg-press much more than I can squat with ease (I'm just a beginner, by I'm currently at 230 on the leg press but 75 on my squat). I keep wanting to tip forward, although on most reps I break parallel. Why could this be?
    You should definitely be able to squat way more than you squat. So thats normal.

As for your squat it could be a couple things.

Elbow placement-
    Make sure you try and pull your elbows down and pull the bar into your traps when you squat. You dont want your eblows pointing behind you. When you come out of the bottom of the squat and if you start to struggle you can push yoyrself forward if your elbows are facing backwards instead of down.

Upper body tightness- You want to have your chest forward and a tight upper back. If you start to lose upper back tightness it will start pushing your chest down and you will begin to drive the bar forward instead of up.

Weight distribution -
    You want the weight to be on your mid foot to rear foot and sit down and slightly back when you start going on while squating. If it is on your toes you will shift yourself forward and start leaning forward.

It could also be a muscular imbalance but im assuming its one of the one I stated above.

Originally Posted by Gain6 View Post
    Been holding on to this question because I thought it was too stupid to start a whole thread thanks for this sticky.

I have been lean bulking for a few months now (avg. +2.5lb/month)and have had great results but I want to make this a long term bulk and would rather not bulk myself into an 18%+ bf range and need to cut to avoid obesity.

I heard the 12-15% bf range is relatively easy to maintain with good control of nutrition do you think I could stay at >18% or even >15% if I clean bulked for 2-3 years because I want to avoid cutting if possible since it's counter productive to hormone levels and growth of bones, reproductive system etc. Quite frankly I'm happy I avoided the whole "aesthetics" fad my age range is obsessed with and want to build my 20lb+ of muscle first before I even consider a cut.

I believe I am currently in the higher end of the 12%-15% range maybe 13/14% but I should be still in that range the specific % doesn't really matter.

Current Stats: 6"0 - 153.3lbs
    Goal: 6"??? ~ 200lbs 15-18% bf
    You will inevitably gain fat while bulking so lets get that out of the way.

Depending on how agressive you bulk thats how much fat you will gain. If you lower it and gain 1-2lbs a month and you are currently at 14% you will nost likely be around 18% or a little higher in 2-3 years roughly I didnt do any math though so it could be more or less but you will be around the range I stated above.

Its honestly worth it though and i think 2lbs a month is a good solid amount for a lean bulk.

Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gain6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you yeah I'm sure I will definitely gain a decent amount of fat I will just try to minimise it by bulking more conservatively as the years go by Y1: +2-3lbs Y2/3: +1-2lb
    Then a long awaited cut

robotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2lbs a months is perfect for lean bulking. The fact is the longer you bulk the longer you need to cut since you will have more fat. What I would recommend is to keep doing what you are doing right now and once you think you start to get to fat before reaching your goals do a mini cut of 2 weeks. But since you are only gaining 2 lbs a month I'm sure that wont be neccesairy since you will gain mostly muscle

Originally Posted by Gain6 View Post
    Thank you yeah I'm sure I will definitely gain a decent amount of fat I will just try to minimise it by bulking more conservatively as the years go by Y1: +2-3lbs Y2/3: +1-2lb
    Then a long awaited cut
    Yeah just try and bulk for as long as possible since thats where the vast majority of your gains will come in.

Minkster123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm going on a clean bulk and I'm pretty active (probably get in 5 days of cardio a week from gym and soccer), currently trying to go +500, do I add my BMR+active calories burned+500 to get my calorie count or just use TDEE+500 to get my calorie count? Currently use a Garmin Vivosmart Hr+ which tracks active calories.

Originally Posted by Minkster123 View Post
    I'm going on a clean bulk and I'm pretty active (probably get in 5 days of cardio a week from gym and soccer), currently trying to go +500, do I add my BMR+active calories burned+500 to get my calorie count or just use TDEE+500 to get my calorie count? Currently use a Garmin Vivosmart Hr+ which tracks active calories.
    So at the end of the day you want to be in a 500 calorie surplus over everything. Meaning you add up all activity, and all calories consumed. Because TDEE stands for total daily energy expenditure that should include everything.

Manosteele17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm 17 5 11 and 250lbs
    I sqaut high bar ay 300 if I switched to low bar would I be able to get it up to 315