Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by brenthopkins View Post

This guy is 300lbs at 5'11, so no.

Lean bulk, you aren't going to get fat if you eat 200-300 calories over your tdee.
    Lol that guy is an extreme bodybuilder. An example of why BMI is not an accurate scale.

If my weight has been staying the same for a couple of weeks does that mean I'm not gaining any mass? I've noticed my strength go up though. I gained 3lbs in my first 2 weeks of serious lifting and now I've only gained .5 in the second 2 weeks period.

Looks like I may have to count calories...

brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MBoux2000 View Post
    Lol that guy is an extreme bodybuilder. An example of why BMI is not an accurate scale.

If my weight has been staying the same for a couple of weeks does that mean I'm not gaining any mass? I've noticed my strength go up though. I gained 3lbs in my first 2 weeks of serious lifting and now I've only gained .5 in the second 2 weeks period.

You probably had CNS adaption the first 2 weeks. It explains why lifts went up.

If you gained .5 in 2 weeks its still not terrible. 62.5lbs in 5 years

MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by brenthopkins View Post
    You probably had CNS adaption the first 2 weeks. It explains why lifts went up.

If you gained .5 in 2 weeks its still not terrible. 62.5lbs in 5 years
    Lol. Does that mean I didn't actually gain strength and my body just adapted?
    Idk man, I'm upping my squats tomorrow for sure. I do know without a doubt I'm stronger than I've been before though. I could eat even more I just choose not to go all out crazy on it cause I don't wanna gain more fat. That's where lean bulk comes in. I suppose I'm gonna end up counting calories, at least for a little while...

LKFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LKFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LKFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LKFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LKFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LKFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LKFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LKFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LKFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LKFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LKFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stupid questions a'plenty

Hey people, I'm new to this site, first post my name is Landon, I'm 15 and just wondering about some basic stuff, for one, I'm wondering what an average leg press is, I've always had strong legs, I'm 6'0 194 lbs and I can carry my 6'9 340lb friend around for like 20 minutes without my legs getting tired (my shoulders are dying about halfway through though, mostly do it to impress girls 👌, not that I'm all that impressive. But I can lift 600 for 5 reps which seems like a lot to me (not sure though) just wondering, also wondering what an average bench is for someone my age, I sadly don't have a car yet so my gym visits aren't all that often as I live around 12 miles from the nearest gym walking isn't a viable option, I can bench 200 5 times, I try to do 5x5 whenever I go, and add on 10 pounds each time I go back, I'm pretty sure I have good genetics, I'm 35% basque, 30% native American 20% Italian and 15% Welsh, my dad is the strongest guy I've ever met, although he's almost 50 now he can still pick me up with one arm, when he was in the navy he could bench 550, according to him and his old friends, sorry if this is a little long, any advice or info helps, thanks!

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol. Does that mean I didn't actually gain strength and my body just adapted?
    Idk man, I'm upping my squats tomorrow for sure. I do know without a doubt I'm stronger than I've been before though. I could eat even more I just choose not to go all out crazy on it cause I don't wanna gain more fat. That's where lean bulk comes in. I suppose I'm gonna end up counting calories, at least for a little while...
    Im 5'10, gaining .5lbs a week is a great amount in the long run, and if your lifts are going up you're getting stronger.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LKFC View Post
    Hey people, I'm new to this site, first post my name is Landon, I'm 15 and just wondering about some basic stuff, for one, I'm wondering what an average leg press is, I've always had strong legs, I'm 6'0 194 lbs and I can carry my 6'9 340lb friend around for like 20 minutes without my legs getting tired (my shoulders are dying about halfway through though, mostly do it to impress girls 👌, not that I'm all that impressive. But I can lift 600 for 5 reps which seems like a lot to me (not sure though) just wondering, also wondering what an average bench is for someone my age, I sadly don't have a car yet so my gym visits aren't all that often as I live around 12 miles from the nearest gym walking isn't a viable option, I can bench 200 5 times, I try to do 5x5 whenever I go, and add on 10 pounds each time I go back, I'm pretty sure I have good genetics, I'm 35% basque, 30% native American 20% Italian and 15% Welsh, my dad is the strongest guy I've ever met, although he's almost 50 now he can still pick me up with one arm, when he was in the navy he could bench 550, according to him and his old friends, sorry if this is a little long, any advice or info helps, thanks!
    No one really cares about leg press strength, but I guess thats decent. The squat is the lift to see how strong your legs are. If you cant go to a gym follow a calisthenics routine, 10lbs everytime you go is unsustainable for bench.

Originally Posted by CWGame View Post
    Im 5'10, gaining .5lbs a week is a great amount in the long run, and if your lifts are going up you're getting stronger.
    Thanks, I'm 5'9.

Is ICF 5x5 a good routine? Is it better than stronglifts. I started SL but I don't really like the lack of exercises so I'm thinking of going with ICF instead

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/wo...novice-workout

BlacThunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WASSUP NINJA!!! I've returned!!! Remember me?

Yup. I visited the old thread and saw the link to this one. Been a while.

I'm finally a lot less fat than before. I weigh 163 now at 5"8?

I still have moobs tho .

I'm trying to cut down to about 5% fat and bulkinh from there

Any tips ?

Btw, i heard stronglifts were useless now. Is that true ?

Originally Posted by BlacThunder View Post

I still have moobs tho .

Any tips ?

A couple of things. 5% fat is near impossible and if you were that low you'd look incredibly skinny. I'm a similar size to you at 5'9 168lbs and I have a bit of fat too.
    Stronglifts is not directly useless, but from what I have heard ICF 5x5 might be a better option because it covers more muscle groups.

Thanks, I'm 5'9.

Is ICF 5x5 a good routine? Is it better than stronglifts. I started SL but I don't really like the lack of exercises so I'm thinking of going with ICF instead

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/wo...novice-workout
    I think the original version of stronglifts is flawed so I made some changes to it a couple years ago if you want to look at my version of the routine here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=167032221

I prefer my version of stronglifts to ICF because my goal is strength, but ICF is also decent.

I still have moobs tho .

Any tips ?

Haha yeah I remember you man.

5% is pretty unhealthy and very very low. That's stage ready for bodybuilding. I would aim for 8-12% I'm still a large fan of strong lifts especially this version https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=167032221

I think the original version of stronglifts is flawed so I made some changes to it a couple years ago if you want to look at my version of the routine here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=167032221

I prefer my version of stronglifts to ICF because my goal is strength, but ICF is also decent.
    Thanks. I feel the original stronglifts doesn't hit all the muscle groups.

Is there a reason you feel ICF isn't as good? Does it help build strength and visible muscle?

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is there a reason you feel ICF isn't as good? Does it help build strength and visible muscle?
    The only problem I find with ICF is the overload of volume. If you are able to keep up with it you will definitely build strength and muscle. It's always important to do a routine that is sustainable in the long run which you can keep up with in terms of diet and sleep.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    The only problem I find with ICF is the overload of volume. If you are able to keep up with it you will definitely build strength and muscle. It's always important to do a routine that is sustainable in the long run which you can keep up with in terms of diet and sleep.
    what do you mean volume overload? Too many exercises? I found that stronglifts didn't have enough and I was getting bored, which is why I was considering ICF. Will the amount of volume damage my progress?

Thanks. I feel the original stronglifts doesn't hit all the muscle groups.

Name a muscle group stronglifts doesn't hit.

I feel it isn't as good because it isn't as oriented towards strength as SL is. It may be boring, but for strength gains (and with the fixes I made to it also with the added exercises) its second to none in my opinion.

I feel it isn't as good because it isn't as oriented towards strength as SL is. It may be boring, but for strength gains (and with the fixes I made to it also with the added exercises) its second to none in my opinion.
    Biceps.

Glad to hear your opinion. What is ICF focusing on if it's not focusing as much on strength?

Thanks. This is the lowest weight i've been in the last 3 years. I was 15 when we met. 18 now, and soon to be shipping too marine corp bootcamp.

I have till june of next year. Thats when i ship.

However, this a fitness test i'm required to take happens in february. 175 pushups in 2 minutes and 20 pulls are what i'm
    Most worried about.

In the coming months, i want to cut down as much fat as possible and bulk up with the from that point forward.

I saw a guy who was about my height. He weighed 150. No manboobs and no jiggly belly. Do you think i'll finally be happy at that weight?

I also found out i'm mesomorphic.

In other words, at what weight will i be at 8% body fat?

Haha yeah I remember you man.

5% is pretty unhealthy and very very low. That's stage ready for bodybuilding. I would aim for 8-12% I'm still a large fan of strong lifts especially this version
    I'm going to save this routine for later. Once i hit 8% fat, its go time.

Also, i struggle to lift 30 pounds over my head for after about 20 reps. So whats the reccommended start weight for stronglifts?

Not sure if your being sarcastic, but is there anyway to retain the 3lb gain every 2 weeks? I'd love that

Originally Posted by LKFC View Post
    Dude, i'm 18 and you have better stats than me. I wish i was 6 feet

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what do you mean volume overload? Too many exercises? I found that stronglifts didn't have enough and I was getting bored, which is why I was considering ICF. Will the amount of volume damage my progress?
    as in at has too much volume as compared to other beginner routine.
    A high volume could leave you burnt out if you aren't eating enough and sleeping enough. So if you are unable to keep up with it it will do more harm than good.

Also strong lifts does hit your biceps since it has rows.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

A couple of things. 5% fat is near impossible and if you were that low you'd look incredibly skinny. I'm a similar size to you at 5'9 168lbs and I have a bit of fat too.
    Stronglifts is not directly useless, but from what I have heard ICF 5x5 might be a better option because it covers more muscle groups.
    I hear 8% is the more realistic goal.

So at what weight will i reach that? Tired of these manboobs and this gut

Biceps.

Glad to hear your opinion. What is ICF focusing on if it's not focusing as much on strength?
    Deadlift and BOR definitely hit biceps. Also in my version of it you have a bicep isolation exercise.

Thanks. This is the lowest weight i've been in the last 3 years. I was 15 when we met. 18 now, and soon to be shipping too marine corp bootcamp.

I have till june of next year. Thats when i ship.

However, this a fitness test i'm required to take happens in february. 175 pushups in 2 minutes and 20 pulls are what i'm
    Most worried about.

In the coming months, i want to cut down as much fat as possible and bulk up with the from that point forward.

I saw a guy who was about my height. He weighed 150. No manboobs and no jiggly belly. Do you think i'll finally be happy at that weight?

I also found out i'm mesomorphic.

In other words, at what weight will i be at 8% body fat?
    If you want to pass that test with flying colors get really good at pushups and pull ups. Also I can't tell you nor can anyone else, if your nutrition is in check you will eventually get to where you want to it will just take time.

Best of luck at basic.

I'm going to save this routine for later. Once i hit 8% fat, its go time.

Also, i struggle to lift 30 pounds over my head for after about 20 reps. So whats the reccommended start weight for stronglifts?
    Why are you doing 20 reps? Also read over the routine everything should be explained if you still have any questions after feel free to ask.

Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    as in at has too much volume as compared to other beginner routine.
    A high volume could leave you burnt out if you aren't eating enough and sleeping enough. So if you are unable to keep up with it it will do more harm than good.

Also strong lifts does hit your biceps since it has rows.
    Thank you. I started ICF today and I really like it actually, so we'll see how it goes. My lifts are already getting a bit stronger in the last month so I have hope.

Do you think cutting 15 more pounds will be enough right?

Ill look into that routine then

BinceVince has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Questions:

1) What do you think the most accurate calorie formula is? (The options are below)

- mifflin-St Jeor
    - Katch-McArdie (you enter your body fat%)
    - Harris-Benedict

2) The free dieting calculator is giving me a choice to choose my activity level. There is an option for 5 days a week of working out (which I do), and there is also another option where it's 5 days a week but intense. My question here is, what is considered intense? For me, I weight train pretty hard for 30-45 minutes, but when I get home, I literally do nothing but watch TV. What do you think I should put? 5 days a week or 5 days a week intense? Thank you

3) Right now I'm doing a tipical bro split routine. I did this program while bulking and now I'm cutting. If I were to change this program into stronglifts 5x5, will my body still be able to maintain the muscle I gained from my bulk/my bro split routine? Or will my body not get used to the new routine and end up losing muscle? Thank you

Sorry for the long questions
    Last edited by BinceVince; 07-29-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Why are you doing 20 reps? Also read over the routine everything should be explained if you still have any questions after feel free to ask.

The required amount is 50.

Do you think cutting 15 more pounds will be enough to reach 8% fat?