Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Toptendy View Post
    Hey I'm 6'2 186 pounds and currently holding around 13% body fat. My body is currently shaped like a hour glass and I want to know if people reccomend cutting down to 10% body fat then clean bulking or should I try to build up my upper body? I have big legs with a skinny upper body. My waist is 34 inches and I don't have love handles.
    I would personally bulk for as long as you can then cut. The vast majority of your gains will be during a bulking phase so you want to be in one as long as possible.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Laurence126 View Post
    *sorry in advance for the essay it's my first post on these forums*
    15y/o ; 1,85m been doing SL 5x5 consistently for a couple weeks now with rugby training 3 times a week during 'off' days as well. Estimate my bf to be around 15% from those picture tests. In a few months I will be going back to Waterpolo as a sport so my question is: If I continue eating ~2000 calories a day (don't count all the time) will I be able to achieve a defined physique or should I do a different program. Like I said I've been doing 5x5 for a couple weeks and I like how I am progressing but I'm having doubts because looking athletic for Waterpolo was my main goal.
    Your diet will largely define how you look, not the routine especially early on in training. So if you want the athletic look I would eat in a caloric deficit and still run the routine. It will be harder though.

NickLucasFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hs030300 View Post
    I am 16yo. 5'11, and weight around 165 lbs and go to the gym five days a week. My question is nutrition related: How much should I be eating a day? How many grams of protein do I need to build muscle? Thanks
    If you're 165 lbs you need 165g of protein per day, and if you're trying to gain muscle you need to eat a lot... be in a caloric surplus
    * Fitness/Comedy YouTube Channel *
    ** http://youtube.com/nicklucasfitness **
    *** @NickLucasFitness - Instagram ***

BinceVince has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know that:

Cheat day = Eat what ever you want in that one day.
    (I feel like this is pretty bad)

Cheat meal = 1 meal of your cravings.
    (This one seems pretty good)

Refeed day = 400-600 calories over maintenance but mainly just stacking up on healthy carbs.

Correct me if I'm wrong with this information btw.

Right now I am currently 5'7, 160lbs 18% body fat. I'm aiming to cut down to 10% body fat.

The main questions that I have:
    1) Which one above is the best to get to results during a cut?
    2) Is there a range where I can have a cheat day x amount of times a week/month? (ex. 20% body fat and above = 1 cheat meal/cheat day/refeed day per month)
    3) During a cheat meal or cheat day, do I have to say within my daily calorie intake for my cut? (ex. eating a burger for a cheat meal and adding it to my 2300cal/day)

Let's say I go out with my family to eat. With the foods that I eat there, do I add them to myfitnesspal and fill them in my macros? Let's say for example I eat BBQ ribs with fries, do I add it to my macros/calories?

And btw wouldn't you need to have a cheat meal once in a while to keep you sane. By once in a while I mean once every 2 weeks?

Thanks!

BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A lot of people say as a beginner you should start off with starting strength, however I find that really boring and I personally like going to the gym six days a week. A while back I posted a question in this thread about if I would gain similar mass. So far on coolcicada's ppl my squat increased 30 lbs in 2 and a half weeks, my bench increased 15 lbs in 3 weeks, along with my shoulder press. My isolations also went up a bit. I'm making good and steady strength gains, so would staying on this program be fine? (BTW, my bench should have been up 20-25 lbs, however I was not eating enough for a week and a half out of those three weeks, so I stalled 3 times)

Originally Posted by BinceVince View Post
    I know that:

Cheat day = Eat what ever you want in that one day.
    (I feel like this is pretty bad)

Cheat meal = 1 meal of your cravings.
    (This one seems pretty good)

Refeed day = 400-600 calories over maintenance but mainly just stacking up on healthy carbs.

Correct me if I'm wrong with this information btw.

Right now I am currently 5'7, 160lbs 18% body fat. I'm aiming to cut down to 10% body fat.

The main questions that I have:
    1) Which one above is the best to get to results during a cut?
    2) Is there a range where I can have a cheat day x amount of times a week/month? (ex. 20% body fat and above = 1 cheat meal/cheat day/refeed day per month)
    3) During a cheat meal or cheat day, do I have to say within my daily calorie intake for my cut? (ex. eating a burger for a cheat meal and adding it to my 2300cal/day)

Let's say I go out with my family to eat. With the foods that I eat there, do I add them to myfitnesspal and fill them in my macros? Let's say for example I eat BBQ ribs with fries, do I add it to my macros/calories?

And btw wouldn't you need to have a cheat meal once in a while to keep you sane. By once in a while I mean once every 2 weeks?

Thanks!
    Just make sure you are in a weekly deficit in calories depending on how much weight you want to lose. Cheat meals are fine just make sure it isn't a often habit. If you are over one week due to a cheat meal then you are fine its not really an issue, cant expect to be perfect.

Originally Posted by BHFK View Post
    A lot of people say as a beginner you should start off with starting strength, however I find that really boring and I personally like going to the gym six days a week. A while back I posted a question in this thread about if I would gain similar mass. So far on coolcicada's ppl my squat increased 30 lbs in 2 and a half weeks, my bench increased 15 lbs in 3 weeks, along with my shoulder press. My isolations also went up a bit. I'm making good and steady strength gains, so would staying on this program be fine? (BTW, my bench should have been up 20-25 lbs, however I was not eating enough for a week and a half out of those three weeks, so I stalled 3 times)
    Yeah that program is fine.

BinceVince has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys I know that vegetables are good for you but I dont seem to enjoy them as much. I'm currently cutting and I was wondering if I get my carb macros from brown rice only, will it be the same as if I were eating vegetables? Or is this bad?

I eat:
    Meal 1:
    Vector cereal
    Milk 1 cup

Meal 2:
    Chicken breast
    1 cup of brown rice
    1 scoop of protein (after workout)

Meal 3:
    2 chicken breast
    2 scrambled egg
    1/2 a cup of brown rice
    1 cup of milk
    1tbsp of Heinz ketchup

Meal 4:
    1 chicken breast
    1tbsp of Heinz ketchup

This all equalls approx 2227 calories including olive oil for cooking

Rasheedsodmg is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Please just read.How To Make Gains & See Results To Encourage Me

Ok so I am desperate for help, I need to help to be encouraged, I am about to be in training for my P.O.W.E.R. Test for Police officer I've got approximately 2 years before I'm on patrol if I make it. That isn't my only reason for wanting to get some weight and muscle I've always been skinny and I'm tire of it. I look like a stick in size small clothes wtf. I currently weight 150lbs, around 6'1-2. I'm currently drinking a milk shake made up of
    1 cup of Oat meal
    2 cup of ice cream
    1 cup of milk
    1 cup of almond milk
    2 cap full of olive oil
    2 cup of protein supplement
    2 spoon of peanut butter
    I make a big coke bottle of this and can't even drink it all down.
    Oh yeah I work out and my arm looks more fit when I flex you know but it's like when I stop I got back to skinny look, so hear me out I think like the space for muscle has been created, but I don't eat enough to grow the muscle to fill that space.
    I'm like so discouraged right now is there any easier way, way to help with what I've been doing Right now ?
    I'm not really in the luxury of money too so it's just all bad dudes.

Thanks by the way.

Originally Posted by BinceVince View Post
    Hey guys I know that vegetables are good for you but I dont seem to enjoy them as much. I'm currently cutting and I was wondering if I get my carb macros from brown rice only, will it be the same as if I were eating vegetables? Or is this bad?

I eat:
    Meal 1:
    Vector cereal
    Milk 1 cup

Meal 2:
    Chicken breast
    1 cup of brown rice
    1 scoop of protein (after workout)

Meal 3:
    2 chicken breast
    2 scrambled egg
    1/2 a cup of brown rice
    1 cup of milk
    1tbsp of Heinz ketchup

Meal 4:
    1 chicken breast
    1tbsp of Heinz ketchup

This all equalls approx 2227 calories including olive oil for cooking
    From a macro perspective as long as you are hitting your calories and macros then you are fine.

But from a micro perspective they are still a necessary part of a balanced diet.

Originally Posted by Rasheedsodmg View Post
    Ok so I am desperate for help, I need to help to be encouraged, I am about to be in training for my P.O.W.E.R. Test for Police officer I've got approximately 2 years before I'm on patrol if I make it. That isn't my only reason for wanting to get some weight and muscle I've always been skinny and I'm tire of it. I look like a stick in size small clothes wtf. I currently weight 150lbs, around 6'1-2. I'm currently drinking a milk shake made up of
    1 cup of Oat meal
    2 cup of ice cream
    1 cup of milk
    1 cup of almond milk
    2 cap full of olive oil
    2 cup of protein supplement
    2 spoon of peanut butter
    I make a big coke bottle of this and can't even drink it all down.
    Oh yeah I work out and my arm looks more fit when I flex you know but it's like when I stop I got back to skinny look, so hear me out I think like the space for muscle has been created, but I don't eat enough to grow the muscle to fill that space.
    I'm like so discouraged right now is there any easier way, way to help with what I've been doing Right now ?
    I'm not really in the luxury of money too so it's just all bad dudes.

Thanks by the way.
    Eat more. If you aren't gaining weight you aren't eating enough. As for cost chicken breast, eggs, and rice are all pretty cheap. If you want results you are going to have to put forth the effort.

tyronerse is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Early Cardio Question

So at the moment I can't remember the exact name of this type of cardio, but I have heard from many that this type of cardio works wonders for fat loss. I am talking about the cardio in which one wakes up and first thing before eating (while on an empty stomach) does cardio for a certain period of time keeping their heartrate just high enough to burn fat but not to high so they won't burn muscle. My questions are, does this help for fat loss if done right (I am a teen btw), and if so, can this be done at any time upon waking. Like for example in the summer I would love to stay up late on skype with my friends or watching a movie with my girl but I wouldn't want to wake up super early to do this, as long as I am doing this cardio first thing when I wake up on an empty stomach, does it matter what time I am waking up?

JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a question about workout order. I follow Westside for Skinny Bastards (meathead template). I'm wondering what the best order to do the four workouts is. I can work out Mon-Fri. This is what I was thinking.

Mon : Upper Body 1
    Tues : Vanity
    Wed :
    Thurs : Lower Body
    Fri : Upper Body 2
    Sat :
    Sun :

Upper Body 1
    3x5 Incline bench
    2x15 Chin-ups
    3x12 T-bar Row + Face pulls (Superset)
    4x12 Shrugs
    4x12 Curls

Vanity
    4x12 Flyes
    4x10 Hanging Leg Raise
    4x20 Cable Crunch
    4x12 Wrist Curl
    4x10 Calf Raise
    4x20 Calf Raise

Lower Body
    3x5 Box Jumps
    3x5 Squat
    3x12 Leg Press
    3x12 Glute Ham Raise
    3x Ab Circuit

Upper Body 2
    4x12 Bench
    3x12 Chin-ups + Face pulls (Superset)
    4x12 Overhead Press
    3x10 Shrugs + Curls (Superset)
    4x12 Wrist curl
    Last edited by JohnnyGunn; 04-19-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Originally Posted by tyronerse View Post
    So at the moment I can't remember the exact name of this type of cardio, but I have heard from many that this type of cardio works wonders for fat loss. I am talking about the cardio in which one wakes up and first thing before eating (while on an empty stomach) does cardio for a certain period of time keeping their heartrate just high enough to burn fat but not to high so they won't burn muscle. My questions are, does this help for fat loss if done right (I am a teen btw), and if so, can this be done at any time upon waking. Like for example in the summer I would love to stay up late on skype with my friends or watching a movie with my girl but I wouldn't want to wake up super early to do this, as long as I am doing this cardio first thing when I wake up on an empty stomach, does it matter what time I am waking up?
    Im assuming you are talking about fasted cardio. As long as you are fasted it shouldn't make too much of a difference. Honestly I don't follow any special requirements if you count calories and track macros with a solid program you will get to where you want.

Originally Posted by JohnnyGunn View Post
    I have a question about workout order. I follow Westside for Skinny Bastards (meathead template). I'm wondering what the best order to do the four workouts is. I can work out Mon-Fri. This is what I was thinking.

Wed :
    Sat :
    Sun :

Upper Body 1
    3x5 Incline bench
    2x15 Chin-ups
    3x12 T-bar Row + Face pulls (Superset)
    4x12 Shrugs
    4x12 Curls

Vanity
    4x12 Flyes
    4x10 Hanging Leg Raise
    4x20 Cable Crunch
    4x12 Wrist Curl
    4x10 Calf Raise
    4x20 Calf Raise

Lower Body
    3x5 Box Jumps
    3x5 Squat
    3x12 Leg Press
    3x12 Glute Ham Raise
    3x Ab Circuit

Upper Body 2
    4x12 Bench
    3x12 Chin-ups + Face pulls (Superset)
    4x12 Overhead Press
    3x10 Shrugs + Curls (Superset)
    4x12 Wrist curl
    Does it not say the format you are supposed to do it in?

JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CWGame View Post
    Does it not say the format you are supposed to do it in?
    It says to do

Mon: Upper Body 1
    Wed: Lower Body
    Thurs: Upper Body 2
    Sat: Vanity

But I only have access to my gym Monday-Friday.

It says to do

Mon: Upper Body 1
    Wed: Lower Body
    Thurs: Upper Body 2
    Sat: Vanity

But I only have access to my gym Monday-Friday.
    Then just do that monday-friday.

Then just do that monday-friday.
    On what days though? What I was thinking was

To give time to recover b/w muscle groups.

On what days though? What I was thinking was

To give time to recover b/w muscle groups.
    You can do it that way but I would run it how the program is set. So just run it in order of how it says to run it like you posted above.

PetyrBaelish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetyrBaelish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetyrBaelish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetyrBaelish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetyrBaelish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetyrBaelish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetyrBaelish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetyrBaelish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetyrBaelish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetyrBaelish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetyrBaelish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Edit: Oops accidentally posted here o.O

HiD3nZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm currently 84kg/185lbs, 17 years old. I would like to get leaner, currently eating 3250 calories (90f/365c/240p), but I am a little bit scared of wasting my potential for growth these summer months. Even at this high calories I am losing weight quite fast (I know it's water weight first weeks, but still, dropped from 89 to 84 in a week and that scared me a little).
    Is it possible to not lose muscle mass while trying to get leaner, if I am a guy who has lifted for like 9 months now consistently? (noob gains or whatever they're called) Or am I over that period that I could lose fat and gain muscle at the same time?

Originally Posted by HiD3nZ View Post
    I'm currently 84kg/185lbs, 17 years old. I would like to get leaner, currently eating 3250 calories (90f/365c/240p), but I am a little bit scared of wasting my potential for growth these summer months. Even at this high calories I am losing weight quite fast (I know it's water weight first weeks, but still, dropped from 89 to 84 in a week and that scared me a little).
    Is it possible to not lose muscle mass while trying to get leaner, if I am a guy who has lifted for like 9 months now consistently? (noob gains or whatever they're called) Or am I over that period that I could lose fat and gain muscle at the same time?
    Theres a much larger issue here if you are losing 11lbs in a week. You are probably weighing yourself at inconsistent times, loss of water weight, etc.

You can lose weight and keep most of the muscle by staying in a low caloric deficit.

HiD3nZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Theres a much larger issue here if you are losing 11lbs in a week. You are probably weighing yourself at inconsistent times, loss of water weight, etc.

You can lose weight and keep most of the muscle by staying in a low caloric deficit.
    I'm not that dumb to weigh myself one day in morning, then one in evening, I do that first thing every morning.

wughnshpoen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    beginner lifter here doing 5x5, what do i do if i hit my reps, increase by 2.5kg next workout and can't hit the reps?

Tjgipson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is eating a pint of ice cream every night a "bad" way to bulk? I've been doing it for a week or so now and have gotten a pound or two from it. Not sure if it just fattens you actually helps. Has anyone else tried this before?

Originally Posted by wughnshpoen View Post
    beginner lifter here doing 5x5, what do i do if i hit my reps, increase by 2.5kg next workout and can't hit the reps?
    Drop the weight by 10% and work your way back up. Make sure everything is on point though from nutrtion, to form to fatigue.

Originally Posted by Tjgipson View Post
    Is eating a pint of ice cream every night a "bad" way to bulk? I've been doing it for a week or so now and have gotten a pound or two from it. Not sure if it just fattens you actually helps. Has anyone else tried this before?
    From a health perspective its not good, but if you are hitting your macros then I guess its fine.

bassamh1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So ive been training my muscles for about 7 months now but I also have fat I need to lose so I have no Idea if I should continue training muscles or cut.
    I tried a online calculator and I got 17% body fat

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bassamh1 View Post
    So ive been training my muscles for about 7 months now but I also have fat I need to lose so I have no Idea if I should continue training muscles or cut.
    At your age you shouldn't be thinking about cutting.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

Originally Posted by bassamh1 View Post
    I wouldn't cut until you think you are too fat. The vast majority of your progress will be made while bulking or maintaining.