Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    dox0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    good on you then. I would ensure you are following a good routine as right now it seems questionable.
    It's a routine that a trainer from the gym built for me, do you think I'd be better off following one of the starting strength ones available in this site like fierce 5?

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dox0 View Post
    It's a routine that a trainer from the gym built for me, do you think I'd be better off following one of the starting strength ones available in this site like fierce 5?
    Most routines built by trainers aren't too great. To give him the benefit of the doubt you can post the routine if you like. Going with fierce 5 would surely be a safe bet though.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Calisthenics is such a great suggestions, especially when you're young. Your body is still malleable enough to be flexible — and believe me when I say that flexibility exercises benefit you for the rest of your life.

socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    Most routines built by trainers aren't too great. To give him the benefit of the doubt you can post the routine if you like. Going with fierce 5 would surely be a safe bet though.
    I wouldn't say that they're not "great," it's just that beginners don't have enough information about their bodies to fully inform trainers on the most optimum routines. Similar to when you consult a doctor or something like that.

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by socksndtubes View Post
    I wouldn't say that they're not "great," it's just that beginners don't have enough information about their bodies to fully inform trainers on the most optimum routines. Similar to when you consult a doctor or something like that.
    Beginners don't need programs tailored to them individually. It's simply trainers who don't understand what a beginner really is.

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

benjj0123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey! I’m super new to this site so hopefully I posted this in the right place!

Overview: been going to the gym since sophomore year, currently a freshman in college, probably around 12-15% body fat not too big not too skinny

As a freshman in college, I’ve been going to the gym a lot more often and watching what I eat. However, I’ve been pretty skeptical about my progress - my abs have been coming in and although I’ve been working my upper abs evenly (to my knowledge) My right side upper ab (one that I believe should be directly under the pecs) is legit nonexistent. The one on the left has some muscle that I can see but when I feel my right side one I just feel my rib cage (as if there’s just bones and skin)
    Is there any way to fix this kind of problem? Or any specific exercises that you guys would recommend to train that one area? It really bugs me that I’ve almost gotten all of my other abs to show but just that one very upper right ab is driving me insane.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help!

Is it possible to lose fat while bulking? I was thinking about doing some cardio after lifting weights, would that work?

Is it possible to lose fat while bulking? I was thinking about doing some cardio after lifting weights, would that work?
    lower bf% maybe but fat no.

Doing cardio does not magically make you lose fat.

FMH Crew Little Beast

I'm in my 2nd day of my 10th week working out. I never went through a deload week up to now, should I do one next week?

Edit: Reason as to why I'm curious is because I read on these forums that I should be adding weight to my lifts weekly, but I'm not being able to do that.
    Last edited by dox0; 12-04-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I want to hit the game everyday. How much do I need to reduce the weight?

I'm in my 2nd day of my 10th week working out. I never went through a deload week up to now, should I do one next week?

Edit: Reason as to why I'm curious is because I read on these forums that I should be adding weight to my lifts weekly, but I'm not being able to do that.
    follow your program. If you are not able to keep up with the prescribed progression, deload. if you have taken multiple weight and time of gym deloads and you are still unable to break a plateau then move on to a program with slower progression.

FMH Crew Little Beast

Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Why do guys recommend stuff like 5x5 and strength-centered training for begginers? It doesn't seem optimal in terms of recovery and volume. Not to mention, it's probably even more likely to begginer to injure themselves if they don't do it right. I always see begginers in my gym on more conventional volume based workouts. The trainer at my gym says it's a lot better to avoid injuries.

Originally Posted by Gitsune View Post
    Why do guys recommend stuff like 5x5 and strength-centered training for begginers? It doesn't seem optimal in terms of recovery and volume. Not to mention, it's probably even more likely to begginer to injure themselves if they don't do it right. I always see begginers in my gym on more conventional volume based workouts. The trainer at my gym says it's a lot better to avoid injuries.
    Beginners recover at a lot fast rate then more advanced trainees.

You injure yourself by lifting with bad form. It doesn't matter if you are doing 5x5 and 3x12. We always recommend beginners to start light and work on form and build up as the progression protocol demands.

5x5 programs are a lot better in comparison to high volume programs as they make the most of LP and they allow you to practice the movement more often. Plus a high volume approach is unnecessary for novice as they can respond just as well to a lower volume approach.

FMH Crew Little Beast

Very good, so far. But then, isn't more volume what creates more stimulus? I see guys like Omar Isuf and Alphadestiny preach on volume. Omar did 10k pullups and a year and his back blew up (he's an advanced lifter).

Izuffy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi everyone i'm new here and i wanted to ask you that i'm able to increase all of my weights that i left in every exercise but i have a hard time increasing the weight on shoulder press it's been 2 months that i joined the gym and i'm still doing it with 5-7 KG each side on the bar and i feel like crap and i struggle when doing shoulders ? i'm 180 cm tall 69 KG verry skinny guy trying to put on weight Thanks!

Originally Posted by Gitsune View Post
    Very good, so far. But then, isn't more volume what creates more stimulus? I see guys like Omar Isuf and Alphadestiny preach on volume. Omar did 10k pullups and a year and his back blew up (he's an advanced lifter).
    If more volume meant more stimulus then everyone would be spending hours in the gym. There is only so much useful stimulus you can get. Excessive volume as a novice is simply wasting your time in the gym. They are advanced lifters which makes the argument irrelevant.

FMH Crew Little Beast

Is it too late to start Fierce 5 or Starting Strength if I have been working out 6 days a week for 16 weeks?

khoaboy20 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can i lift weight beyond my strength when i just started ? Im Obese and just started my working out with a friend a few days prior to this comment (I don't move around much , only on the PC for 24/7). Im 5'11 and 275 lbs 18 y/o , my friends , who has a 2-3 years of experience in the gym (he also went from skinny to muscular succesfully) when i started he always push me to go over the weight limit that im capable to lift but he still demand the same rep as the maximum weight i can lift (im pretty weak , i can only bench press 22 lbs per side for 12 rep) . Is it possible for me to lift heavier weight with the same reps this soon ?

Originally Posted by khoaboy20 View Post
    Can i lift weight beyond my strength when i just started ? Im Obese and just started my working out with a friend a few days prior to this comment (I don't move around much , only on the PC for 24/7). Im 5'11 and 275 lbs 18 y/o , my friends , who has a 2-3 years of experience in the gym (he also went from skinny to muscular succesfully) when i started he always push me to go over the weight limit that im capable to lift but he still demand the same rep as the maximum weight i can lift (im pretty weak , i can only bench press 22 lbs per side for 12 rep) . Is it possible for me to lift heavier weight with the same reps this soon ?
    yes

FMH Crew Little Beast

abcmouse123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    14, 118lbs, around 5'6.5-5'7
    Completely new to the gym, trying to go every day and do a decent amount of exercise but it's all surface-level stuff. Do 10 minutes of cardio, a few general exercises. Tried checking out the other threads but the terms are all greek to me, and even after looking them up it's still hard to understand. Anyways, onto my question: I gain fat in my face very easily, and given my proportions it messes up my look quite a bit. I've tried increasing my caloric intake but after I gained facial fat fast, I stopped. I know I was doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what. I'm trying to stay relatively lean while gaining a fair amount of muscle mass though, and I'm a complete nutritional newbie with no clue what I'm doing or what I actually should be eating. Any recommendations for diets, recipes, caloric intake, etc. and the workouts I should do alongside them would be much appreciated. Thanks

Faiyaz01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Heya guys, just got some general questions bout getting into powerlifting/ other ways to compete with lifts

I used to do karate at quite a high level, so for the last year i went gym alot. What i began to realize is, while i put on weight immensely slowly (partially due to being allergic to milk, whey, wheat, eggs, nuts etc), i do put on alot of strength

I weigh 51kg (112lbs)
    Bench 70kg (w/out crazy back arch that ppl who compete do)

Deadlift 145kg ( not sumo)
    Squat: 100kg (lil bit below parallel)

3 lift total of 315kg ( 695lbs for u americans)

A mate told me that lifts like that are worth competing over

So was wondering... (and this’ll sound stupid)

1. is my friend taking the piss and telling me they good for no reason

2. How does one compete?

Faiyaz01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Heya , im p. New here aswell, and i totally get ur problem.

I think genetics plays a part, like for me, all my abs are different sizes, and some are slightly more prominent than others.

Eventually they should even out if u just keep working it

I really recommend V-sits, (not the conventional type tho) basically u hold a 6-20kg kettle bell and raise ur legs and arms to touch in the middle (holding the kettlebell) and lower slowly, the weight keeps the rep range at bout 20ish and its killer

Hope this helps

Soultrapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Soultrapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Soultrapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Soultrapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Soultrapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Soultrapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Soultrapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Soultrapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Soultrapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Soultrapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Soultrapp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can anyone provide a good ab workout?

BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Do sit-ups help lose fat or not?

Originally Posted by abcmouse123 View Post
    14, 118lbs, around 5'6.5-5'7
    Completely new to the gym, trying to go every day and do a decent amount of exercise but it's all surface-level stuff. Do 10 minutes of cardio, a few general exercises. Tried checking out the other threads but the terms are all greek to me, and even after looking them up it's still hard to understand. Anyways, onto my question: I gain fat in my face very easily, and given my proportions it messes up my look quite a bit. I've tried increasing my caloric intake but after I gained facial fat fast, I stopped. I know I was doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what. I'm trying to stay relatively lean while gaining a fair amount of muscle mass though, and I'm a complete nutritional newbie with no clue what I'm doing or what I actually should be eating. Any recommendations for diets, recipes, caloric intake, etc. and the workouts I should do alongside them would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Everyone stores fat differently. You just happen to store it more on your face, nothing you can do it about.

Read the stickies in the nutrition section to learn about nutrition
    Read the stickies in the workout program section for workout plans.
    Originally Posted by Faiyaz01 View Post
    Heya guys, just got some general questions bout getting into powerlifting/ other ways to compete with lifts

I used to do karate at quite a high level, so for the last year i went gym alot. What i began to realize is, while i put on weight immensely slowly (partially due to being allergic to milk, whey, wheat, eggs, nuts etc), i do put on alot of strength

I weigh 51kg (112lbs)
    Bench 70kg (w/out crazy back arch that ppl who compete do)

Deadlift 145kg ( not sumo)
    Squat: 100kg (lil bit below parallel)

3 lift total of 315kg ( 695lbs for u americans)

A mate told me that lifts like that are worth competing over

So was wondering... (and this’ll sound stupid)

1. is my friend taking the piss and telling me they good for no reason

2. How does one compete?
    Good is a very subjective term. Their always going to be people stronger and weaker than you. If you are interested in powerlifitng then go try a meet out. A simple google search regardign meets in your area should help.

Go with the intention to learn rather than winning, that way you don't lose anything.
    Originally Posted by Soultrapp View Post
    Can anyone provide a good ab workout?
    Lots of routines in the workout program stickies.
    Originally Posted by BBB8910 View Post
    Do sit-ups help lose fat or not?
    No exercise can make you lose weight. Only a caloric deficit can.

FMH Crew Little Beast

BinceVince has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today I just did an upper A workout for a 4 day split.
    For decline bench press last week I did:
    3x8 = 8 reps, 7 reps, 3 reps

This week I was able to do:
    3x8 = 8 reps, 8 reps, 5 reps

It was an improvement for me but after that progression, I felt that my dumbbell shoulder press went down. I was able to do 3x8 for dumbbell shoulder press but today I struggled for my last set (I only did 5 instead of 8). I understand that this might be the cause of putting in all my energy to the decline bench press but I was wondering how would I successfully reach progressive overload for my bench and my dumbbell shoulder press at the same time

Exercises:
    Decline bench
    Reverse lat pull down
    Straight bar row
    dumbbell shoulder press
    rear deltoid flies
    bicep curls

Ruckai is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Should I feel weight on my pelvis? I was doing a standing shoulder press and I felt lots of weight on my pelvic bone. Is that normal?

godgund is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Was wondering I’m 17 been going to the gym for about a year so I usually workout 4-5 days a week I usually take a fat burner everte two hours before I workout and was wondering if it’s bad to mix with a pre workout since I started to go to the gym every Saturday with my uncle and he takes pre workout was wondering if it’s a bad mix because it would add up to 410mg if caffeine which is a lil over the usual amount people drink but would that have health risk especially even if it’s only once a week?

sebastianom75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im doing 5/3/1 for beginners and i had to do go to another city with my family for a week so i decided to rest and do some light cardio (I am so constant that I gave myself the privilege). The thing is that when i came back to my city, the first day i couldn't do the squats with the weight that i have to use in the spreadsheet, so im kinda unmotivated and i don't know if its just the first day or i have to down a little the weights of the rep maxes and restart the cycle.
    What do you guys think?

BigOlChungus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Workouts

Let me preface this by saying I’m new to the fourms so cut me some slack

I’m about 5 foot 9, 155 pounds and a wrestler. The problem is, I spent all my effort on losing weight and cardio, but the season is over so weight is not a concern. I want to build some muscle mass because I head off to basic in June and I know I’m not as strong as i should be. Can anyone reccomend some good workouts or a place to find some? I have a basic weight set, a punching bag I use alot, and a pullup bar.

Thanks