Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Reply
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 399
  1. #331
    Registered User Michael1J's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2016
    Age: 17
    Posts: 4
    Rep Power: 0
    Michael1J is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Michael1J is offline
    Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    You are simply overanalyzing things.
    i really dont think so. i started with u said when i first came in Fitness. With something so vague i didnt went thru things like uneven shoulders and hips which affected me in having tuneven muscles. I feel as though you might be finding me being rude to you but really, i just hope i can get some better advise that would help me in this "overanalyzing" and improve my overall performance. Thats y i even came to this website. Sorry if you feel offended of any sorts. erm yeah.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #332
    Registered User 17mahmoods's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2016
    Posts: 5,487
    Rep Power: 17748
    17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    17mahmoods is offline
    Originally Posted by Michael1J View Post
    i really dont think so. i started with u said when i first came in Fitness. With something so vague i didnt went thru things like uneven shoulders and hips which affected me in having tuneven muscles. I feel as though you might be finding me being rude to you but really, i just hope i can get some better advise that would help me in this "overanalyzing" and improve my overall performance. Thats y i even came to this website. Sorry if you feel offended of any sorts. erm yeah.
    Read the stickies in the nutrition and workout program section and you will learn the basics of a variety of things.
    5/3/1 Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

    Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19gm9K5qILxxcR15yK6v2cmI7Rk8ryNKcuiqSxR4Nahk/edit?usp=sharing**

    FMH Crew Little Beast
    Reply With Quote

  3. #333
    Registered User Michael1J's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2016
    Age: 17
    Posts: 4
    Rep Power: 0
    Michael1J is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Michael1J is offline
    Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    Read the stickies in the nutrition and workout program section and you will learn the basics of a variety of things.
    Now that, is something i needed to hear. I cant believe i totally skipped that. thanks man.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #334
    QUADZILLA CWGame's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Location: Arizona, United States
    Posts: 6,997
    Rep Power: 5896
    CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    CWGame is offline
    Originally Posted by Michael1J View Post
    Now that, is something i needed to hear. I cant believe i totally skipped that. thanks man.
    They're definitely important to read.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

    I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13
    Reply With Quote

  5. #335
    Registered User Gitsune's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2017
    Age: 23
    Posts: 66
    Rep Power: 0
    Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Gitsune is offline
    I've been using barbell excercises (namely chest and shoulders). Why do people highly recommend barbell just because you can load more weight? Isn't it basically the same if the contraction is felt similiarly? Not only that, but using dumbells doesn't require you to need a spotter. You can safely max out and simply drop the weights, rather than literally risk your life at times.

    Note that I'm also legitimately asking, despite it seeming like a critique. I literally want to know, because I don't see a clear advantage in barbell pressing unless it's micro-loading plates (1-2.5lbs).
    Reply With Quote

  6. #336
    Registered User MBoux2000's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Age: 17
    Posts: 1,134
    Rep Power: 0
    MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    MBoux2000 is offline
    Originally Posted by Gitsune View Post
    I've been using barbell excercises (namely chest and shoulders). Why do people highly recommend barbell just because you can load more weight? Isn't it basically the same if the contraction is felt similiarly? Not only that, but using dumbells doesn't require you to need a spotter. You can safely max out and simply drop the weights, rather than literally risk your life at times.

    Note that I'm also legitimately asking, despite it seeming like a critique. I literally want to know, because I don't see a clear advantage in barbell pressing unless it's micro-loading plates (1-2.5lbs).
    I do both dumbbell and barbell pressing but generally prefer barbell because you can load more weight = progressively overloading the muscles. You won’t get hurt as long as you have a spotter
    Squat- 435lbs
    Bench- 250lbs
    Deadlift- 470lbs
    Reply With Quote

  7. #337
    Registered User 7Ryu7's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2016
    Age: 71
    Posts: 96
    Rep Power: 31
    7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    7Ryu7 is offline
    Hi, bros.
    Can I get some chest development tips?I feel my chest isnt growing as much as it should.So far I'm using only dumbbels since barbell seems to fuark up my shoulders.
    My max is the 25 kilos dumbbel for 5 reps.I've been counting calories at eating around 2500 calories on off days and 2600-2700 on training days.I've put on 2 and a half kilos in 3 months and I guess the food is not the problem.
    Thanks.
    I'm also doing fierce 5 upper lower routine.
    Oh, and by the way, lifts:
    Squat 85kg for 5 reps
    Deadlift 90kg for 6 reps
    Last edited by 7Ryu7; 01-15-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #338
    Registered User 17mahmoods's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2016
    Posts: 5,487
    Rep Power: 17748
    17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    17mahmoods is offline
    Originally Posted by 7Ryu7 View Post
    Hi, bros.
    Can I get some chest development tips?I feel my chest isnt growing as much as it should.So far I'm using only dumbbels since barbell seems to fuark up my shoulders.
    My max is the 25 kilos dumbbel for 5 reps.I've been counting calories at eating around 2500 calories on off days and 2600-2700 on training days.I've put on 2 and a half kilos in 3 months and I guess the food is not the problem.
    Thanks.
    I'm also doing fierce 5 upper lower routine.
    Oh, and by the way, lifts:
    Squat 85kg for 5 reps
    Deadlift 90kg for 6 reps
    Just follow the program. You still have a long way to go, can't expect much growth when you are just benching 25s.

    Also learn to bench with the bar, it's likely a form issues rather that's causing the shoulder problem. Post form vids.
    5/3/1 Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

    Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19gm9K5qILxxcR15yK6v2cmI7Rk8ryNKcuiqSxR4Nahk/edit?usp=sharing**

    FMH Crew Little Beast
    Reply With Quote

  9. #339
    Registered User 7Ryu7's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2016
    Age: 71
    Posts: 96
    Rep Power: 31
    7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    7Ryu7 is offline
    Thanks for help mate!I'd rep you but I'm in cooldown.
    I posted one or two bench videos here long ago when I was benching with the bar, it seemed fine.Will think about this option.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #340
    Registered User Anonymous12321's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2017
    Age: 21
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    Anonymous12321 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anonymous12321 is offline
    Originally Posted by hs030300 View Post
    I am 16yo. 5'11, and weight around 165 lbs and go to the gym five days a week. My question is nutrition related: How much should I be eating a day? How many grams of protein do I need to build muscle? Thanks
    It depends on your goals. If you want to build muscle, eat about 100 or so grams a day, But don't focus on the numbers all that much. Just eat as much as you want, the body will deal with the rest.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #341
    Registered User MBoux2000's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Age: 17
    Posts: 1,134
    Rep Power: 0
    MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    MBoux2000 is offline
    Originally Posted by Anonymous12321 View Post
    It depends on your goals. If you want to build muscle, eat about 100 or so grams a day, But don't focus on the numbers all that much. Just eat as much as you want, the body will deal with the rest.
    Absolutely DO NOT give advice. 100g is WOEFULLY inadequate for anyone
    Squat- 435lbs
    Bench- 250lbs
    Deadlift- 470lbs
    Reply With Quote

  12. #342
    Registered User 7Ryu7's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2016
    Age: 71
    Posts: 96
    Rep Power: 31
    7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7Ryu7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    7Ryu7 is offline
    What do you mean?You mean that 100g of proteins is too much or too little?
    Reply With Quote

  13. #343
    Registered User needmoargains's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2016
    Age: 19
    Posts: 668
    Rep Power: 643
    needmoargains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) needmoargains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) needmoargains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) needmoargains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) needmoargains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) needmoargains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) needmoargains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) needmoargains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) needmoargains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) needmoargains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) needmoargains is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    needmoargains is offline
    Originally Posted by MBoux2000 View Post
    Absolutely DO NOT give advice. 100g is WOEFULLY inadequate for anyone
    What are you on about? 100 is fine , it all depends on the bodyweight. Most optimal is about 0.8-1 g of protein per lb of lean muscle.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #344
    Registered User joeyoreilly's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2018
    Age: 48
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    joeyoreilly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    joeyoreilly is offline
    Is there one bent row grip (overhand vs. underhand) that is more beneficial than the other?
    Reply With Quote

  15. #345
    Registered User joeyoreilly's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2018
    Age: 48
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    joeyoreilly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    joeyoreilly is offline
    Also, if my words hurt after front squats, does it mean I’m doing them wrong?
    Reply With Quote

  16. #346
    Registered User joeyoreilly's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2018
    Age: 48
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    joeyoreilly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    joeyoreilly is offline
    Wrists*
    Reply With Quote

  17. #347
    Registered User fabiusx's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Posts: 11
    Rep Power: 0
    fabiusx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    fabiusx is offline
    I'm getting hip adductor pain from squatting. When I was building up to my 150lb squat, everything was fine. After about 1 week, when I started squatting i've been getting that pain. Only thing that changed was I got powerlifting shoes since. Any tips? I warm up/foam stretch my adductor as well before I get started. Any links to stretching adductor you know that could help are greatly appreciated.

    Secondly, I'm starting to get mentally distressed with my arms and bar placement on my squat form. Whenever I use high bar, I get the bones near my shoulder/scapula bruised. When I switch to low bar, it feels nice and no pain but I don't know how to position my arms. Sometimes it feels like there is pressure on my wrist, should my arms be tucked in, or should they be flared out? I think i'm going to drop to 90lbs squatting until I'm certain of my form and I learn how to get rid of this hip adductor pain. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #348
    Registered User TylerHudson64's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2017
    Age: 16
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    TylerHudson64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    TylerHudson64 is offline
    Okay so I am 15 and dont have access to proper weights and only have dumbells but can i still build some decent pecs?
    Last edited by TylerHudson64; 01-25-2018 at 04:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  19. #349
    Registered User 17mahmoods's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2016
    Posts: 5,487
    Rep Power: 17748
    17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    17mahmoods is offline
    Originally Posted by fabiusx View Post
    I'm getting hip adductor pain from squatting. When I was building up to my 150lb squat, everything was fine. After about 1 week, when I started squatting i've been getting that pain. Only thing that changed was I got powerlifting shoes since. Any tips? I warm up/foam stretch my adductor as well before I get started. Any links to stretching adductor you know that could help are greatly appreciated.

    Secondly, I'm starting to get mentally distressed with my arms and bar placement on my squat form. Whenever I use high bar, I get the bones near my shoulder/scapula bruised. When I switch to low bar, it feels nice and no pain but I don't know how to position my arms. Sometimes it feels like there is pressure on my wrist, should my arms be tucked in, or should they be flared out? I think i'm going to drop to 90lbs squatting until I'm certain of my form and I learn how to get rid of this hip adductor pain. Thanks.
    Post a form vid.
    5/3/1 Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

    Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19gm9K5qILxxcR15yK6v2cmI7Rk8ryNKcuiqSxR4Nahk/edit?usp=sharing**

    FMH Crew Little Beast
    Reply With Quote

  20. #350
    Registered User 17mahmoods's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2016
    Posts: 5,487
    Rep Power: 17748
    17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    17mahmoods is offline
    Originally Posted by TylerHudson64 View Post
    Okay so I am 15 and dont have access to proper weights and only have dumbells but can i still build some decent pecs?
    Decent is a very subjective word.

    If your dumbbells are adjustable then I don't see why you can't gain more muscle then you already have, how much depends on how heavy the dumbbells go.

    Fierce 5 has a dumbbell only routine. Follow it.
    5/3/1 Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

    Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19gm9K5qILxxcR15yK6v2cmI7Rk8ryNKcuiqSxR4Nahk/edit?usp=sharing**

    FMH Crew Little Beast
    Reply With Quote

  21. #351
    Registered User ioanR's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2017
    Location: Romania
    Age: 19
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    ioanR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ioanR is offline
    Hi, guys.

    Is it possible for a 6'1 beginner to gain 30 lbs of pure muscle in his first year? I've read contradictory stuff. People saying you're lucky if you gain 10 lbs of muscle, while others said you can gain even 40. How is it?
    Reply With Quote

  22. #352
    Registered User 17mahmoods's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2016
    Posts: 5,487
    Rep Power: 17748
    17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    17mahmoods is offline
    Originally Posted by ioanR View Post
    Hi, guys.

    Is it possible for a 6'1 beginner to gain 30 lbs of pure muscle in his first year? I've read contradictory stuff. People saying you're lucky if you gain 10 lbs of muscle, while others said you can gain even 40. How is it?
    Even with amazing genetics it's likely going to be hard to gain 30lb in a year.

    Best thing you can do is just eat and lift and see where you get. Someone telling you that you will/will not does not make a difference.
    5/3/1 Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

    Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19gm9K5qILxxcR15yK6v2cmI7Rk8ryNKcuiqSxR4Nahk/edit?usp=sharing**

    FMH Crew Little Beast
    Reply With Quote

  23. #353
    Registered User SyedZeeshan's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Location: India
    Age: 24
    Posts: 167
    Rep Power: 70
    SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    SyedZeeshan is offline
    Had been searching the internet for a long time but found some really old threads here datinf back to 2006-13 regarding this issue. I have developed lipomas in my body. These are small fat balls on my arms and thighs. Has anyone heard of it? Any treatment apart from surgery?
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175488761&p=1545838421#post1545838421
    Follow My Fat Loss Journey - Ctrl Alt Diet
    Reply With Quote

  24. #354
    Banned chrishow98's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Age: 48
    Posts: 41
    Rep Power: 0
    chrishow98 is not very well liked. (-100) chrishow98 is not very well liked. (-100) chrishow98 is not very well liked. (-100) chrishow98 is not very well liked. (-100) chrishow98 is not very well liked. (-100) chrishow98 is not very well liked. (-100) chrishow98 is not very well liked. (-100) chrishow98 is not very well liked. (-100) chrishow98 is not very well liked. (-100) chrishow98 is not very well liked. (-100) chrishow98 is not very well liked. (-100)
    chrishow98 is offline
    Good post!
    Reply With Quote

  25. #355
    Registered User 17mahmoods's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2016
    Posts: 5,487
    Rep Power: 17748
    17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    17mahmoods is offline
    Originally Posted by SyedZeeshan View Post
    Had been searching the internet for a long time but found some really old threads here datinf back to 2006-13 regarding this issue. I have developed lipomas in my body. These are small fat balls on my arms and thighs. Has anyone heard of it? Any treatment apart from surgery?
    Best to consult a medical professional regarding this as treatment can differ based on a lot of factors.
    5/3/1 Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

    Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19gm9K5qILxxcR15yK6v2cmI7Rk8ryNKcuiqSxR4Nahk/edit?usp=sharing**

    FMH Crew Little Beast
    Reply With Quote

  26. #356
    Registered User SyedZeeshan's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Location: India
    Age: 24
    Posts: 167
    Rep Power: 70
    SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    SyedZeeshan is offline
    Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    Best to consult a medical professional regarding this as treatment can differ based on a lot of factors.
    I did consult a couple of doctors on this particular issue but they said I can let them be. But I have seen people with lipomas as huge as golf ball and bigger that that. Now It's not possible to go under the blade for almost 10 lipomas on different locations.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175488761&p=1545838421#post1545838421
    Follow My Fat Loss Journey - Ctrl Alt Diet
    Reply With Quote

  27. #357
    Registered User myvideoali's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2017
    Age: 48
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    myvideoali has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) myvideoali has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) myvideoali has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) myvideoali has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) myvideoali has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) myvideoali has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) myvideoali has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) myvideoali has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) myvideoali has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) myvideoali has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) myvideoali has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    myvideoali is offline
    Hello
    Reply With Quote

  28. #358
    Registered User aCreativeMan's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2017
    Age: 15
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    aCreativeMan is offline

    Question Need some serious advice...

    (Started a thread for this, but it didn't help.

    https ://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17541422

    So I'm just copying and pasting my question )
    Hey, this is a topic that I didn't find anywhere on the forums and so I need advice.
    I have been doing a 5-day split looks like this
    >Chest
    >Back
    <Rest>
    >Shoulder + Triceps
    >Legs
    >Biceps + Rear delt
    <Rest>
    (A lot of bodyweight core exercises 5 days)

    I'm hitting each muscle group once per week and the workouts look something like this -->

    (Compounds and bodyweight)
    <1 min rest>
    (Isolations)

    While I'm seeing more gains than my earlier 3 day split (compounds), I thought maybe I'd gain more if I HIT EACH MUSCLE GROUP TWICE PER WEEK.

    Now here's the main question -->
    Can I just slide down the isolations so that
    >Total no of sets for the week remains same
    >Each muscle is hit twice per week (One day with compounds and the other day with isolations (1-4 day rest in between))
    >Each workout looks like -->
    (Compounds of 1 muscle group) followed by (Isolations of another muscle group)

    For example --> Leg + Back day -->
    <Leg Compounds>
    >Stiff Legged DL
    >Squats
    >Lunges
    >Step ups
    <Back Isolations>
    >Pull downs (I really throw out the biceps, they remain soft(not flexed), therefore isolation)
    >Straight arm pushdowns
    >Plate Lying Pull overs
    >Shrugs----------------------| Super
    >Bent over Shrugs------| Set
    Reply With Quote

  29. #359
    Registered User 17mahmoods's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2016
    Posts: 5,487
    Rep Power: 17748
    17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    17mahmoods is offline
    Originally Posted by aCreativeMan View Post
    (Started a thread for this, but it didn't help.

    https ://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17541422

    So I'm just copying and pasting my question )
    Hey, this is a topic that I didn't find anywhere on the forums and so I need advice.
    I have been doing a 5-day split looks like this
    >Chest
    >Back
    <Rest>
    >Shoulder + Triceps
    >Legs
    >Biceps + Rear delt
    <Rest>
    (A lot of bodyweight core exercises 5 days)

    I'm hitting each muscle group once per week and the workouts look something like this -->

    (Compounds and bodyweight)
    <1 min rest>
    (Isolations)

    While I'm seeing more gains than my earlier 3 day split (compounds), I thought maybe I'd gain more if I HIT EACH MUSCLE GROUP TWICE PER WEEK.

    Now here's the main question -->
    Can I just slide down the isolations so that
    >Total no of sets for the week remains same
    >Each muscle is hit twice per week (One day with compounds and the other day with isolations (1-4 day rest in between))
    >Each workout looks like -->
    (Compounds of 1 muscle group) followed by (Isolations of another muscle group)

    For example --> Leg + Back day -->
    <Leg Compounds>
    >Stiff Legged DL
    >Squats
    >Lunges
    >Step ups
    <Back Isolations>
    >Pull downs (I really throw out the biceps, they remain soft(not flexed), therefore isolation)
    >Straight arm pushdowns
    >Plate Lying Pull overs
    >Shrugs----------------------| Super
    >Bent over Shrugs------| Set
    Honestly seems like a mess of a routine.

    You are right in the thinking that higher frequency is better but not how you are doing it.

    It would be better to split up both the compounds and isolation over the two days rather than compounds on one day and isolation on the other. Also your split looks pretty bad, you are trying to train your two largest muscle on the same day.

    Look into more balanced splits such as U/L/U/L or U/L/P/P/L. vikings and fierce 5 both have routines for these splits, it would be good if you looked into one of those and maybe followed them.
    5/3/1 Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

    Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19gm9K5qILxxcR15yK6v2cmI7Rk8ryNKcuiqSxR4Nahk/edit?usp=sharing**

    FMH Crew Little Beast
    Reply With Quote

  30. #360
    Registered User aCreativeMan's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2017
    Age: 15
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) aCreativeMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    aCreativeMan is offline

    Red face

    Sorry for late reply.
    I have tried the workouts from these forums and I know a lot of people talk about the amazing gains that they make, but that really confuses me.
    Like, I did squats on monday, and its asking me to do squats (some other variation) wednesday when my quads are sore from monday.
    And some other problems.

    I checked out the Vikings Bare bones series, it looks good, but I'll have to make substitutions (due to equipment), also I'm a little hesitant to experiment due to the time of the year when the current 5-day split is working good for me (it is really evolved and personalised based on how long my each muscle group takes to recover (judging by soreness)) <Any advice on that? >

    Which one seems like a mess of a routine, the current 5 day, or the twice a week that I'm planning to do?

    Also, since it's the stupid QUESTIONs thread, WHAT exactly is wrong with training two big muscle groups the same day?
    Last edited by aCreativeMan; 02-19-2018 at 05:35 AM.
    Reply With Quote

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Stupid Question Thread: PART 2
    By N4J4R in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 6272
    Last Post: 01-21-2017, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts