Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    SirusMion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, I would just cut until you think you look decent, don't have to necessarily set an arbitrary number since your goal is losing fat. I wouldn't cut too low or you will probably start to look "skinny fat" since your foundation probably isn't built up.

ollieb3112 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Doms

This question is going to sound stupid but here me out:
    So I do 3 ab excersises every Tuesday and Thursday they are as follows:

Tuesday
    Plank - 2m~1.5m~1m~1m~X
    Reverse crunches - 18r3s
    Leg raises -15r3s
    (X=However long I can hold it , 30 sec rest between sets and each excersise)

Thursday
    Russian twists-15r8s
    V sits- 12r3s
    Crossover crunch-12r3s
    (30 sec rest between sets and each excersise)

So most of the time I do these and I really feel the burn and for hours after I feel the muscle fatigue so I assume that I’ve done a pretty solid workout however I wake up the next day and there are no signs of DOMS or any kind of soreness or sometimes very minor almost unnoticeable aches.
    Unsurprisingly this makes me feel like the work I’ve done isn’t enough or isn’t effective so I increase reps shorten breaks and still nothing. So then one day I decided to try research it and I found a comment on a thread saying that doms can rarely be felt when the workout is contraction based , so therefore most ab excersises, then I applied it to other parts of my workout and realised that there are a lot of times where my biceps don’t ache the day after, after doing curls and various other excersises that are contraction based.
    So my question is , is this far fetched and I’m just grasping straws or is this a scientifically proven thing?
    Thank you for reading

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    As mentioned in the numerous articles (if you've been reading the right ones), DOMS is not a sign of progress. It tends not to happen when you've been training a while, especially if you train with frequency.

Don't try to adapt your training to make DOMS happen more, that's a waste of time. Focus on increasing performance.

And do more than just lots of ab exercises, this will not give you lean torso, only full body muscle development and proper diet will do that. I would say progression in the back squat and deadlift is probably more important in working towards that goal.

daisy632 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Diamhea View Post
    The questions in most threads belong here, lol.
    its absolutily right.

daisy632 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hi
    Yeah, I would just cut until you think you look decent, don't have to necessarily set an arbitrary number since your goal is losing fat. I wouldn't cut too low or you will probably start to look "skinny fat" since your foundation probably isn't built up
    thanks