osamayasser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) osamayasser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not Getting Upperbody Growth

Hi all,

I am 34 years of age, 182 cm and 90 kg. I've been going to the gym for 6 months. I finished the shortcut to size twice and Von Moger twice but didn't feel that I am getting the muscle growth I wish esp. in arms and chest
    my goal is getting good shapped upperbody as i have good muscle mass in legs and calves
    Regarding the supp i use Whey Isolate , Creat., Glutamine, Pre-& Post- work Outs and BCAA

My Question : Why i didnt get the growth i want and wat's the best workout program to get the upperbody growth i wish ?
    thanx in advance

pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by osamayasser View Post
    Hi all,

I am 34 years of age, 182 cm and 90 kg. I've been going to the gym for 6 months. I finished the shortcut to size twice and Von Moger twice but didn't feel that I am getting the muscle growth I wish esp. in arms and chest
    Regarding the supp i use Whey Isolate , Creat., Glutamine, Pre-& Post- work Outs and BCAA

My Question : Why i didnt get the growth i want and wat's the best workout program to get the upperbody growth i wish ?
    thanx in advance
    What was your nutrition plan? Also, try one of the beginner workout programs provided in the Workout Programs forum stickies. They provide some better progression than some of the suggested programs on the "Training" page.
    Twitter: @pmward70
    Instagram: @pmward70

S225kg/B147.5kg/D252.5kg @ 107.8kg
    S496lb/B325lb/D557lb @ 237.7lb

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Hi all,

my goal is getting good shapped upperbody as i have good muscle mass in legs and calves

thanx in advance
    How much body weight did you gain in that 6-month period?

How much did your Squat, Bench, and Deadlift poundage increase in that 6-month period?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

osamayasser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) osamayasser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pmw961 View Post
    What was your nutrition plan? Also, try one of the beginner workout programs provided in the Workout Programs forum stickies. They provide some better progression than some of the suggested programs on the "Training" page.
    Breakfast : 3 eggs or Oats with nuts and banana, protein scoop
    Lunch : Meat or Chicken Breast
    Dinner : Feta cheese - 2 Toast Slices or Tuna Can with Protein scoop

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    How much body weight did you gain in that 6-month period?

How much did your Squat, Bench, and Deadlift poundage increase in that 6-month period?
    The Workout program was Fixed
    ShortCut to Size was Chest + Triceps - Back+ Biecps -Rest - Legs - Shoulders - Rest
    Von Moger : Back - Chest - Legs - Arms - Shoulders - Rest - Rest
    Squats : Till now i Feel little Pain so i didn't had any significant increase in weight
    Leg Press : started with 240 kg to 280 kg now
    Bench and Deadlifts actually iam not recording my weights but there is increase in weights i lift

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Going to cut straight to the chase:

You're not eating anywhere near enough on which to grow.

The Workout program was Fixed
    ShortCut to Size was Chest + Triceps - Back+ Biecps -Rest - Legs - Shoulders - Rest
    Von Moger : Back - Chest - Legs - Arms - Shoulders - Rest - Rest
    Squats : Till now i Feel little Pain so i didn't had any significant increase in weight
    Leg Press : started with 240 kg to 280 kg now
    Bench and Deadlifts actually iam not recording my weights but there is increase in weights i lift

If your goal is to get bigger and stronger, you need a complete overhaul in your routine and how much you're eating. Both programs you've tried to use are inappropriate for a beginner.

Start all over again, here:
    Fierce 5 Novice routine:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=159678631

If you don't know how to perform any of the exercises in this program, look them up here to learn how to do them correctly:
    http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

This thread will explain all the steps to figure your baseline of required protein, fat, carbs, and calories:
    *Emma Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Get your regular-food nutrition squared-away and your eating on a consistent basis for several months, and then consider addition of possible supplements.

Guessing at portion sizes or relying on food package information will fail you. Buy an inexpensive digital food scale (~$30 at any big-box discount store), weigh your portions, and track them here: http://fitday.com
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    above and

The physique you want- what is this? Assuming your looking what I consider a good physique- sports models, athletes, natural bodybuilders, muscular celebrities - this takes years of training, nutrition, and an intelligent way of going about both- you will not have this is 6 months, going to have to be patient and consistent- focus on strength progression, this will be easier on you mentally... Ive been training 15+ years, I'm still learning new things that improve my training and nutrition. Right now focus on the basics read the nutrition stickies and get on a beginner training program.

Supplements are an extra, not a need. Its a waste of money if training and nutrition arnt in place.
    Oct 2013- 4th Place Novice, 5th place Open NPC NY Grand Prix
    May 2015- 2nd Place Musclemania New England

Originally Posted by TJP33 View Post
    above and

The physique you want- what is this? Assuming your looking what I consider a good physique- sports models, athletes, natural bodybuilders, muscular celebrities - this takes years of training, nutrition, and an intelligent way of going about both- you will not have this is 6 months, going to have to be patient and consistent- focus on strength progression, this will be easier on you mentally... Ive been training 15+ years, I'm still learning new things that improve my training and nutrition. Right now focus on the basics read the nutrition stickies and get on a beginner training program.

Supplements are an extra, not a need. Its a waste of money if training and nutrition arnt in place.
    Dude, I just need some progression to encourage me to continue

DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Add heavy deadlifts. Your traps and forearms will grow like hell. Eat more and continue increasing reps/poundages on big compound lifts.

pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000) pmw961 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like was stated above, get on a quality nutrition plan and training program and progress will come. Also, you need to find some internal motivation because visual progress takes time and effort to achieve.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    progression is slow my friend, as others stated, get on a good novice program, determine how many calories you need to gain weight and start lifting.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

Ryancon87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to increase your food intake...Flexible diet so it makes it easier to get the calories in i.e the odd Mcdonalds or Pizza.

You make the common nebie mistake by thinking if you take BCAA and protein shakes that is the secret to amazing gains when really you need to be eating a lot more carbs

You will start to notice your energy increase, recovery increase, strength increase and weight increase after 2 or 3 weeks of eating ENOUGH food.
    YOUTUBE - Life of Rye
    IG - lifee_of_rye

Originally Posted by DlackBick View Post
    Add heavy deadlifts. Your traps and forearms will grow like hell. Eat more and continue increasing reps/poundages on big compound lifts.
    I will Try , But the problem is that i reached the Plateau :/ e.g Biceps Barbell Curl 25kg and cannot increase to 30 Kg
    thanx Bro

Originally Posted by Ryancon87 View Post
    You need to increase your food intake...Flexible diet so it makes it easier to get the calories in i.e the odd Mcdonalds or Pizza.

You make the common nebie mistake by thinking if you take BCAA and protein shakes that is the secret to amazing gains when really you need to be eating a lot more carbs

You will start to notice your energy increase, recovery increase, strength increase and weight increase after 2 or 3 weeks of eating ENOUGH food.
    i were 110 kg came down to 87 and started to lift weight and reached 90 kg
    in the same time i want to build muscle mass, i want to lose fats
    So iam focusing on protein intake and my carb intake daily ~350-450 and daily Calories ~ 1900 - 2600
    did u mean by increasing carb intake to follow "Dirty Bulking" Plan ?

i were 110 kg came down to 87 and started to lift weight and reached 90 kg
    in the same time i want to build muscle mass, i want to lose fats
    So iam focusing on protein intake and my carb intake daily ~350-450 and daily Calories ~ 1900 - 2600
    did u mean by increasing carb intake to follow "Dirty Bulking" Plan ?
    Your two answers aren't really consistent. You didn't give us an serving sizes for these things but it certainly doesn't appear they add up to the intake you're claiming. And are you saying you are getting around 350-350g of carbs and protein combined? It doesn't really work like that. You should have specific goals for each of them. Also, to lose fat you need to be in a caloric deficit. It is extremely difficult to add muscle mass and almost impossible to add significant amounts while in a deficit. You need to re-evaluate and prioritize your goals and get your nutrition in check to achieve them.