jbohabla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Full body vs Split Routine

So I've been doing Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 and it takes me 2 hours to complete the whole routine, is this normal?

While I was doing my workout someone came up to me and told me that I should be doing lighter weights and just do full body for eight days just to ready my body. This guy also told me I'd get thinner instead of gaining weight.

What this guy told me got me thinking and so I searched stuff. I read that doing full body workouts burns more calories and fat, wouldn't this make me thinner? I want to gain weight and muscle so should I be doing split routines instead?

Also, should I do warm-ups and cardio before doing ICF 5x5? If yes, what would you recommend?

Should I change into an easier beginner routine with lesser isolation exercises? If yes, like what?

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ICF 5x5 is quite a high volume program and 2 hours to complete it is normal. you don't need to get your body ready just get into the routine and since you have already started it your body should be getting used to it. You should not be getting thinner as you need to be in a caloric surplus in order to optimize muscle gain which means gaining weight. Its true this workout is likely going to burn more calories than other beginner routines with lower volume but you simply compensate for that with more calories. If you are able to keep up with this the results will be well worth it and you will gain weight and a lot of muscle.

I wouldn't do cardio before it but warming up is a good idea. Warm ups should be done for the compounds by working up to a working set. For example for your 5x5 bench press you will do 1-3 warm up sets with lower weight and work up to your working weight. Warm up for all the compounds.

If you think you are unable to keep up with this routine then it would be best to switch earlier rather than later