Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calories and Recovery

Hi guys,

So a little intro, I've been working on myself since last year and have made progress that I'm pretty happy with (down from 295 to 230, **** load of muscle development, and strength gains). I've been lifting on a caloric deficit since January 2016 and things have been progressing well at a total intake of 2000 calories (185g protein, 60g fat, 180g carbs). I've been losing fat and gaining muscle, dropping around 1-2 pounds per week as reccomended but I was hoping to be more aggressive in my cutting so I dropped the calorie deficit further to 1850 at the start of this month by cutting my carb intake down to 140g.

I've been following starting strength since November (yeah I know rip says to eat a **** load) and the week I increased my caloric deficit was the first week I failed my lifts while on the program (that day was squat 275, bench at 200, deadlift at 305). Any thoughts on whether my lifts will bounce back after an adjustment period and deload or am I just wasting my time with too much of a deficit?

Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skorrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As a follow up to anyone having the same issues, I deloaded all lifts by 10% and changed intake to 1850 cals with a split of 45% protein, 30% carb, and 25% fat. Protein intake every 3 hours with casein before bed. Lifts have bounced back and yesterday I completed all 3 previously failed lifts.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You realize that you're posting in the Olympic Lifting sub-forum?? You might get better responses in the Nutrition section, I would think.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133