Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    Country ass chit thedarrenestes's Avatar
    thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sup Tank...still 10/10 thrad.

So I tore my ACL and meniscus about 6yrs ago. More or less just lived with it until last Oct when i had my ACL repaired with cadaver tissue and my meniscus tear was shaved out (doc said the stitches pulled during surgery several times so they opted to just shave out the torn area).
    Went thru 12 weeks of PT 3x week and slowly gained all of my flexion and mobility back.

It's been beyond a bitch to fix the imbalance in my legs tho, even with the gym + PT...
    I've mainly stuck to high rep, single leg movements up to recently. (no extensions of course)
    But last week for the first time since surgery, I went for a heavy lower day. Probably half dozen 4-6 max reps on squats, heavy presses, and a few failure sets on the hack sled.
    Everything felt good leaving the gym...during none of the sets did anything feel different.

The next 2 days I of course paid the price. Both legs were fukked...in the good sense. Very sore in the quads/hammys...but generally just leg day sore.
    But I'm 7 days removed since, and my operated on knee is still extremely stiff...i cant bend it anywhere near where i could before that day. I can only get about 90deg without assistance and maybe just beyond 90 with help. I can straighten it out all the way but it takes effort. All the while it feels like every tendon/ligament is pulled as tight as can be pulled. Also when extended all the way out, i really cant flex my outter quad at all...like if were going to attempt to mirror flex my quads, id be unable to do so with my knee locked out.

I do have an appt w/ the ortho next Fri...it was my 6mo from surgery, final release appt. But now I'm sick thinking ive rekt something...

Any insight?
    Nascar American
    HA
    LVIIILLIAN

N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi tank2003's Avatar
    tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thedarrenestes View Post
    Sup Tank...still 10/10 thrad.

So I tore my ACL and meniscus about 6yrs ago. More or less just lived with it until last Oct when i had my ACL repaired with cadaver tissue and my meniscus tear was shaved out (doc said the stitches pulled during surgery several times so they opted to just shave out the torn area).
    Went thru 12 weeks of PT 3x week and slowly gained all of my flexion and mobility back.

It's been beyond a bitch to fix the imbalance in my legs tho, even with the gym + PT...
    I've mainly stuck to high rep, single leg movements up to recently. (no extensions of course)
    But last week for the first time since surgery, I went for a heavy lower day. Probably half dozen 4-6 max reps on squats, heavy presses, and a few failure sets on the hack sled.
    Everything felt good leaving the gym...during none of the sets did anything feel different.

The next 2 days I of course paid the price. Both legs were fukked...in the good sense. Very sore in the quads/hammys...but generally just leg day sore.
    But I'm 7 days removed since, and my operated on knee is still extremely stiff...i cant bend it anywhere near where i could before that day. I can only get about 90deg without assistance and maybe just beyond 90 with help. I can straighten it out all the way but it takes effort. All the while it feels like every tendon/ligament is pulled as tight as can be pulled. Also when extended all the way out, i really cant flex my outter quad at all...like if were going to attempt to mirror flex my quads, id be unable to do so with my knee locked out.

I do have an appt w/ the ortho next Fri...it was my 6mo from surgery, final release appt. But now I'm sick thinking ive rekt something...

Any insight?
    damn man. thats beyond my pay grade and i wouldnt feel comfortable making a suggestion anyway. You have too severe of an issue for a non-professional (and i mean an MD or a PT) to give you advice or prescribe you a course load. I would imagine that scar tissue is a huge part of your problem though
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    -Dr. Jordan Peterson Sept 2017
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarrenestes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tank2003 View Post
    damn man. thats beyond my pay grade and i wouldnt feel comfortable making a suggestion anyway. You have too severe of an issue for a non-professional (and i mean an MD or a PT) to give you advice or prescribe you a course load. I would imagine that scar tissue is a huge part of your problem though
    Appreciate the quick respawn...
    I do seem to faintly remember the surgeon mentioning having a large amount of scar tissue since I went so long before having it repaired...
    Thanks again and you have relieved some stress in the hope it is just scar tissue...
    Nascar American
    HA
    LVIIILLIAN

tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thedarrenestes View Post
    Appreciate the quick respawn...
    I do seem to faintly remember the surgeon mentioning having a large amount of scar tissue since I went so long before having it repaired...
    Thanks again and you have relieved some stress in the hope it is just scar tissue...
    the problem with scar tissue, is that it usually forms in areas where there is repeated trauma. Say you have bone spurs in a joint an they keep tearing soft tissue so the body forms collagenous scar tissue around the area to protect the remaining scar tissue. Collagen requires an EXTREMELY low blood and nerve supply so its no big deal if it takes damage. But if you remove it, its like pulling a rock out of the ground. It leaves a hole and the only holes int he body are filled with air (but must be lined with mucosal membranes) or fluids. So the body fills it in with scar tissue and the cycle repeats. I myself have scar tissue the size of my thumb impinging my left sciatic nerve. My neurosurgeon wont touch it unless something severe necessitates a surgery because it will just result in more scar tissue and it has a 40%-50% that i'll lose function/feeling in my lower leg
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

My neurosurgeon wont touch it unless something severe necessitates a surgery because it will just result in more scar tissue and it has a 40%-50% that i'll lose function/feeling in my lower leg
    Fukk bruh...

You know how when u get a pregnancy scare w/ some sloot...and u swear to yourself you'll neeeevvveeeer be so stupid to risk it again??
    Now I'm have this same convo w/ myself about my knee now...aging fukkin sucks mane.
    I remember when i used to refer to em as left and right...now its my good knee and bad knee.

and my WEEINEE!!!!!
    Nascar American
    HA
    LVIIILLIAN

kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kingofturtles View Post
    It happened feb 24. I had surgery two days later. Fractured it. They threw a plate and some screws in it. I started walking on it in a boot about a week later. Couple days after that I started walking on it without a boot. Mostly because it’s winter here and my boot was always dirty so inside the house I would use crutches. Got tired of that and said phuck it. Think the boot at this point is more of an added protection against rolling it maybe. As I said. I am in Mexico and I am rolling around with the boot probably 50% of the time wanting to use my foot but careful not to overdo it.

Edit: running and slipped. Foot rolled underneath me and I fell on it and made a squishy sounds.
    Missed my reply to u bro ^*

I am almost caught up in this thread. See your a fan of creatine. Any advice such as kind, brand, loading not loading. When/how to take it.

Do I really need to drink a chitonne of water on it? I pee a lot and that’s a game changer for me. And I mean a lot. I am up 4 tines a night to piss and I hardly drink water. If I am on a binge and drinking I’ll piss after every drink. It’s to the point where I am debating seeing a doctor about it.

Anyway. Not to get off topic. Creatine?

Missed my reply to u bro ^*

I am almost caught up in this thread. See your a fan of creatine. Any advice such as kind, brand, loading not loading. When/how to take it.

Do I really need to drink a chitonne of water on it? I pee a lot and that’s a game changer for me. And I mean a lot. I am up 4 tines a night to piss and I hardly drink water. If I am on a binge and drinking I’ll piss after every drink. It’s to the point where I am debating seeing a doctor about it.

Anyway. Not to get off topic. Creatine?
    Creatine will definitely take you to the next level of training. If you are unaware, its kind of like putting NOs in the tank. It allows more ATP to be cleaved and more energy is released-->Less recovery time --> More strength

Down sides are that:
    -you have to load
    -You piss out of your ass until loading is done (unless you take an anti-diarrhea med)
    -Some people tend to cramp easier and in weird places like their chin but its nothing to worry about

Once you get past the loading phase, its easy to stay on though. Its like 1 teaspoon every 3 days or something like that. You just need to stick to the dose and not more and will need to cycle off for a week at a time to give the kidneys time to recover. If you have a kidney problem, then creatine isnt for you. Its water soluble so you cant mix it in water and drink on it all day/week or anything like that.

If you piss alot, then try reducing your sugar intake. Once sign of hyperglycemia is pissing a ton because there is too much sugar in your blood and the body is desperately trying to get rid of it. Other signs of HBS is:
    -very thirsty
    -headache
    -blurry vision
    -weight loss
    -trouble concentrating
    -fatigue
    -slow healing cuts and bruises
    -nerve damage in feet (numbness/tingling like in diabetics)
    I think am hyperglycemic and I piss a lot at night as well but i dont experience weight loss. I also have other symptoms, but ive had others for YEARS and I certainly cannot be certain that I can attribute them to Hyperglycemia

kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tank,

I am on page 19 so almost caught up. You’ve talked a couple times about shocking the system and not really going in with a set/rep scheme. You also talk about gong till failure the whole time.

So basically, say your doing a push day do you just say:

Add two plates to the barbell and bench till failure. Add more weight/ less weight and bench till failure. Do this till u decide that’s enough then:

Grab a dumbbell and do peck flys till failure. Grab a different weight of dumbbells and sonoeck fly’s till failure etc...

Really hard for me to wrap my head around. How do u see progression? Once a month test max?

SeymourGains has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SeymourGains has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SeymourGains has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SeymourGains has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SeymourGains has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SeymourGains has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SeymourGains has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SeymourGains has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SeymourGains has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SeymourGains has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SeymourGains has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Im arm dominant with a narrow torso. How do i grow a good chest, flat barbell bench never felt good. My chest routine is

3 - 4 sets low incline dumbell press
    3 - 4 sets low incline smith machine(i know smith is ****gy but it feels smooth and good on my chest)
    3 sets cable flies
    3 sets Dips

It took me a while to find angles that allow be to feel my chest work. Is there anything i should or shouldnt be doing?

My avi is with a good pump in good lighting. I dont walk around looking like that.

Tank,

I am on page 19 so almost caught up. You’ve talked a couple times about shocking the system and not really going in with a set/rep scheme. You also talk about gong till failure the whole time.

So basically, say your doing a push day do you just say:

Add two plates to the barbell and bench till failure. Add more weight/ less weight and bench till failure. Do this till u decide that’s enough then:

Grab a dumbbell and do peck flys till failure. Grab a different weight of dumbbells and sonoeck fly’s till failure etc...

Really hard for me to wrap my head around. How do u see progression? Once a month test max?
    First off, let me say that its been 10 years since ive been in school so i am rusty on all my knowledge but I do research and provide advice to the best of my ability. That being said, i'm sure ive contradicted myself on several occasions and i apologize for that.
    Second, When I say shock method, what I mean is pretty much what you said, but STILL making sure that you are progressively over loading. Otherwise, you WILL not make any gains. The most basic way to progressively overload, is to increase the weight, or do a pause rep, or do 12 reps instead of 10. That kind of thing. When i say shock method, I mean attack the weights with intensity. Slow and controlled concentric descents, and explosive ascents. If you are squatting, then you are not just envisioning exploding with enough force to launch the weights through t he ceiling, but you are also clenching those tight delicious buns with such force that if you banged you boyfriend with that force, his delicate dirt star would be forever gaped and his fats would never make a sound again. Does this make sense?
    I mean, you can make this a simple as you want and say, never repeat a workout, or make it as complex, and never repeat a set. Personally, I'd keep it simple to moderate and monitor results. I, personally, am working on strength atm, so what I do is
    -BP 4 x 5 (sometimes 5 x 5 but my cardio is terrible because i can only stand to do maybe 10-20 min on a recumbent bike. So i tire out so quickly. Plus my back is hurting more and more and i just cant spend as much time in the gym anymore)
    -Incline BP 4 x 5
    -Incline DB BP 3 x 10 (DBs only go to 120 so i max with the 120s @ 10 reps. Will probably end up doing them for 20 eventually)
    -DB BP 3 x 10 (same as above)
    -Floor Flies 3 x 10 (pause reps)
    -Plate squeeze; Hold a 25 lb plate at arms length and squeeze in between palms for 30 sec (3 sets)

If/when i shock, I would still keep the exercises, but i would:
    (1)-drop the weights, and pre-exhaust with push-ups
    (2)-Super sets (REALLY drops the weights of course)
    (3)-Pause reps (concentrating particularly on the explosive eccentric phases)
    (4)-HIIT - choose a weight and rep range that would allow you to set up a circuit (1 set in each of the exercises), do 1 circuit, then rest for say 3 min (or less if you are a better man than I, then HIIT it again and repeat
    (5)- Hell, you can do the exercises backwards AFTER you pre-exhaust by doing triceps if you like.

The possibilities are limited to your imagination, but you do need to put forethought into it. You can do #2 one day, then #1 the next day then do #4 the next and so on. Your body wont get use to any specific rep scheme. If you choose to HIIT, then you need to pick a time to train when there arent many people so they dont take up a bench you will need or something. If you are doing super sets, you need a partner or will need a time when people are there so someone can spot you. The key here is that you are continuously progressively overloading (say that 5 times fast) AND meeting your time under tension.

Originally Posted by SeymourGains View Post
    Im arm dominant with a narrow torso. How do i grow a good chest, flat barbell bench never felt good. My chest routine is

3 - 4 sets low incline dumbell press
    3 - 4 sets low incline smith machine(i know smith is ****gy but it feels smooth and good on my chest)
    3 sets cable flies
    3 sets Dips

It took me a while to find angles that allow be to feel my chest work. Is there anything i should or shouldnt be doing?

My avi is with a good pump in good lighting. I dont walk around looking like that.
    Bench press is more or less an Ego lift and hardly represents how strong someone is. However, i CAN help you build a solid chest. its as imple exercise, but you do need to master it to make it effective.

Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Tank, keep up the good work.

Quick question. Im experiencing some anterior hip pain. While standing if I flex at the hip there by raising my knee straight up is no pain, but as I abduct my hip I experience hip pain when flexing at the hip. This pain is happening when I squat as I lower myself deep into the squat. Any suggestions? Appreciate it

Any cool tips for someone who just gained 10-14 lbs eating and drinking every day for the last week in Mexico?

Usually a chit out most the weight through the first week home but wondering how badly a week like this phucks up your metabolism and if there’s a quick way to get back on track?

Originally Posted by Broksi96 View Post
    Hey Tank, keep up the good work.

Quick question. Im experiencing some anterior hip pain. While standing if I flex at the hip there by raising my knee straight up is no pain, but as I abduct my hip I experience hip pain when flexing at the hip. This pain is happening when I squat as I lower myself deep into the squat. Any suggestions? Appreciate it
    Ok just for clarification, you are feeling pain as your are on the way down in a squat? When you are in the eccentric phase of the squat and bending at the hip, you arent just stretching and contracting the quads. You are also working so deep muscles like the Psoas which is the first thing that comes to mind. I'm REALLY hoping that you just have some inflammation because Psoas Syndrome is a bitch. I doubt you have it since you only mentioned pain during squatting though. Do you have any of these symptoms?
    -Lower back pain
    -Pain in the lumbosacral region (the border between the lower part of the spine and the buttocks that can radiate up to lumbar vertebrae or down to the sacrum) when sitting or particularly when changing positions arising for sitting to standing
    -Difficulty/pain when trying to stand in a fully erect posture
    -Pain in the buttocks
    -Radiation of pain down the leg
    -Groin pain
    -Pelvic pain
    -Limping or shuffling stride when you walk

Any cool tips for someone who just gained 10-14 lbs eating and drinking every day for the last week in Mexico?

Usually a chit out most the weight through the first week home but wondering how badly a week like this phucks up your metabolism and if there’s a quick way to get back on track?
    If you gained it in a week, then it wont be hard to shed it. Just switch to only water for a few weeks, LIMIT your sugar, choose complex carbs (and know when to choose fast or slow digesting carbs as well) and hop back ont he fitness horse and you'll be fine

Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Broksi96 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok just for clarification, you are feeling pain as your are on the way down in a squat? When you are in the eccentric phase of the squat and bending at the hip, you arent just stretching and contracting the quads. You are also working so deep muscles like the Psoas which is the first thing that comes to mind. I'm REALLY hoping that you just have some inflammation because Psoas Syndrome is a bitch. I doubt you have it since you only mentioned pain during squatting though. Do you have any of these symptoms?
    -Lower back pain
    -Pain in the lumbosacral region (the border between the lower part of the spine and the buttocks that can radiate up to lumbar vertebrae or down to the sacrum) when sitting or particularly when changing positions arising for sitting to standing
    -Difficulty/pain when trying to stand in a fully erect posture
    -Pain in the buttocks
    -Radiation of pain down the leg
    -Groin pain
    -Pelvic pain
    -Limping or shuffling stride when you walk
    Thanks for the response as always. I do not have those symptoms, BUT it hurts anytime my left hip is abducted and flexed with or without weights. I tried squatting yesterday but the pain was too much, but I was able to deadlift (conventional) and leg press (with a narrow stance) no problem.

Originally Posted by Broksi96 View Post
    Thanks for the response as always. I do not have those symptoms, BUT it hurts anytime my left hip is abducted and flexed with or without weights. I tried squatting yesterday but the pain was too much, but I was able to deadlift (conventional) and leg press (with a narrow stance) no problem.
    Hmm...it is hurts when you are abducting the femur then that means we are dealing with the hip abductors. And that just means there are a thousand possible causes. It could come from the foot, the knee or the low back.
    give these a look and try and see if these might help

TheEquestrian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any ideas on dealing with a strained muscle? I pulled a muscle in my upper arm a couple of weeks ago, and it's still bothering me. Usually I'm better in a few days. I know the RICE method, anything else I can do to speed it along? I have a horse I need to work.

Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I never took trig or geometry in college. I took geometry in high school and did ok, but that was HS. If possible, take all you can at your JuCo. I wish i did. As far as A&P, its straight up memorization and very little application (as opposed to something like chemistry). I didnt put THAT Much effort into my A&P classes but is till did ok. My grades DEF do not reflect the info i retained (i dont do too well on test day). If strict memorization is an issue with you, then maybe this will help. One class that I struggled with was Anatomical Kinesiology. It was pretty much just Origin, insertion, action, innervation, antagonist of about 80 different muscles. I literally just had to write and re-write the info over and over and over and over one muscle at a time, then two muscles, then three and so one. I bought a spiral bound notebook and filled up page after page. When i got the test, i flipped it over and scribbled out everything i had memorized then knocked the test out from there. I had everything written down then and could flip back and forth and not worry about where the answer was "lower 1/3 of the lateral trochanter or middle 1/3 of the lateral trochanter." A&P is a bit different from that though and usually comes with separate workbooks with drawings you do yourself to make it a bit easier but its just an idea
    Thank you Tank, I'm looking forward to taking these classes
    “If you are born to the iron, you’ll know it the first time you lift” —-Joe Weider

Originally Posted by TheEquestrian View Post
    Any ideas on dealing with a strained muscle? I pulled a muscle in my upper arm a couple of weeks ago, and it's still bothering me. Usually I'm better in a few days. I know the RICE method, anything else I can do to speed it along? I have a horse I need to work.
    there is no trick or secret to healing faster other than taking it easy, feeding the muscle what it needs (a broad array of proteins and amino acids) to adequately heal and SLOWLY reintroducing it to stress.

jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jesusxchrist View Post
    Weird thing is the pain started around where my greater trochanter is. Now the pain moved more to the anterior side so I’m wondering if it’s something with my rectus femoris or femoroacetabular joint..
    Referencing this post I made a few weeks ago about pain from running.

Still in pain but I think it must be greater trochanteric bursitis since the pain is right on it most of the time. My question is, do you think it’s something I should see a doctor for and maybe see if I can get a steroid shot, or could I treat it myself? I just don’t want to be told to go to physical therapy for stretches and exercises I can do at home.

Also wondering if my pain might be stemming from a weak gluteus medius, and if strengthening it while losing some weight may help.
    Follow my IG @kaseyx_music and listen to me on Spotify

Buy my sticker: kaseyx.bigcartel.com

As previously disclosed, I have a broken fibula. I am in a boot. Should I avoid all standing excerzises because one leg is longer than the other (do to the boot)? I r been trying to do all sitting stuff

PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Got a couple hours to kill, will read every single post ITT. srs

Referencing this post I made a few weeks ago about pain from running.

Still in pain but I think it must be greater trochanteric bursitis since the pain is right on it most of the time. My question is, do you think it’s something I should see a doctor for and maybe see if I can get a steroid shot, or could I treat it myself? I just don’t want to be told to go to physical therapy for stretches and exercises I can do at home.

Also wondering if my pain might be stemming from a weak gluteus medius, and if strengthening it while losing some weight may help.
    Well, to be honest, ive never dealt with GTB at all. But here is a video by Dr Jo. I emailed my MRi results to her several years ago (before I got a formal Dx from my current Neurosurgeon and she was able to make a very well educated guess at what was going on in my abck and nailed it. So here she goes over symptoms, stretches and ways to help avoid it in the future. My advice is, if you think its not that bad, the pain isnt to unbearable, then i'd try doing the stretches on your own for a few weeks. If it doesnt start to clear up, THEN def see a doc because you can EASILY become a permanent resident of Snap City with hip issues

As far as your gluteus medius, i guarantee you its weak, but is it the cause of your issue? No clue.

In for bare ass and spread eagle pics though
    As previously disclosed, I have a broken fibula. I am in a boot. Should I avoid all standing excerzises because one leg is longer than the other (do to the boot)? I r been trying to do all sitting stuff
    Have you been diagnosed with a leg length discrepancy? Because they are pretty rare and not usually caused by fractures to the fibula since they arent weight baring at all. But if you are still int he boot, then i would direct the question to your Doctor

Originally Posted by PKneyr View Post
    Got a couple hours to kill, will read every single post ITT. srs

i'm just here trying to help folks out

jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Actually ended up watching a bunch of Dr Jo vids the other night and took screenshots of all the exercises/stretches she was demonstrating for GTB, along with some other vids of hers.

As far as my weak gluteus medius, I admit I don’t squat because I have some bad tightness/mobility in my legs and can barely go down when trying to squat (made a post ITT awhile back about). Been stretching every day to try to fix this, but my question is if leg press and machine kickbacks are enough to strengthen the gluteus medius since I can’t squat properly? (I know I can just look up more exercises but you’re my dawgie and always appreciate your replies).

Well, to be honest, ive never dealt with GTB at all. But here is a video by Dr Jo. I emailed my MRi results to her several years ago (before I got a formal Dx from my current Neurosurgeon and she was able to make a very well educated guess at what was going on in my abck and nailed it. So here she goes over symptoms, stretches and ways to help avoid it in the future. My advice is, if you think its not that bad, the pain isnt to unbearable, then i'd try doing the stretches on your own for a few weeks. If it doesnt start to clear up, THEN def see a doc because you can EASILY become a permanent resident of Snap City with hip issues

As far as your gluteus medius, i guarantee you its weak, but is it the cause of your issue? No clue.

In for bare ass and spread eagle pics though

Have you been diagnosed with a leg length discrepancy? Because they are pretty rare and not usually caused by fractures to the fibula since they arent weight baring at all. But if you are still int he boot, then i would direct the question to your Doctor

i'm just here trying to help folks out
    I meant the height diff cause my boot is like three inches taller. So I feel like if I am doing something like standing ohp I would have some sort of muscle imbalance unless I went on my toes to make my body even again.

The boot is like a cast. But more mobile. Not sure if u muricans have that.

Actually ended up watching a bunch of Dr Jo vids the other night and took screenshots of all the exercises/stretches she was demonstrating for GTB, along with some other vids of hers.

As far as my weak gluteus medius, I admit I don’t squat because I have some bad tightness/mobility in my legs and can barely go down when trying to squat (made a post ITT awhile back about). Been stretching every day to try to fix this, but my question is if leg press and machine kickbacks are enough to strengthen the gluteus medius since I can’t squat properly? (I know I can just look up more exercises but you’re my dawgie and always appreciate your replies).
    Also, is it possible to have BOTH trochanteric bursitis and a femoroacetabular impingement since I’m having pain in both of those areas? I’m going to the doc on Sunday. I also asked one of my Kine professors who I believe is also a personal trainer about this pain and he just said it’s a simple overuse injury that should go away with rest, ice, foam rolling, etc. That was a few weeks ago though.

I meant the height diff cause my boot is like three inches taller. So I feel like if I am doing something like standing ohp I would have some sort of muscle imbalance unless I went on my toes to make my body even again.

The boot is like a cast. But more mobile. Not sure if u muricans have that.
    Yeah we have those. Its not likely you have an imbalance with such a short time int he cast but its in the realm of possible. if you do, it shoudlnt take long to work it out. Just put emphasis on unilateral ISO work. They work great for exposing weaknesses and imbalances
    Also, is it possible to have BOTH trochanteric bursitis and a femoroacetabular impingement since I’m having pain in both of those areas? I’m going to the doc on Sunday. I also asked one of my Kine professors who I believe is also a personal trainer about this pain and he just said it’s a simple overuse injury that should go away with rest, ice, foam rolling, etc. That was a few weeks ago though.
    Sure its possible. but i would imagine you have some bio-mechanical causing that are causing it if you actually DO have them both.

RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What can I do about wrist crepitus? The joint cracks as i do radial and ulnar deviation (my username comes from this) the thumb joints crack a lot aswell. I dont feel any pain but i used 5o do a lot of wrist curls and stupid grip training stuff i thought it was ostroarthritis at first but im not feeling weak. Should i take time off training? Ice it? Its been with me for over a year and ive always trained through it and if i did take time off it was for a week but id go lift heavy right after again so it wasnt really rehab. Idk what to do, id like your input.

gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how can you tell if your PT is great?

i mean, how can you truly know if your PT does or doesnt care about you?

signs?
    educate yourself before you wreck yourself.

Originally Posted by RadialDevial View Post
    What can I do about wrist crepitus? The joint cracks as i do radial and ulnar deviation (my username comes from this) the thumb joints crack a lot aswell. I dont feel any pain but i used 5o do a lot of wrist curls and stupid grip training stuff i thought it was ostroarthritis at first but im not feeling weak. Should i take time off training? Ice it? Its been with me for over a year and ive always trained through it and if i did take time off it was for a week but id go lift heavy right after again so it wasnt really rehab. Idk what to do, id like your input.
    Osteoarthritis is overuse arthritis and you'd know it from the pain. The issue with crepitus in the hands and wrist is that its USUALLY caused by a tendon injury that may not always manifest with pain. If its in both wrists, then its likely a biomechanical problem with your anatomy in say...your shoulder. You really need a Doctor (and i mean an ortho or a kinesiologist) to take a look because an X-ray or CT is used to make a Dx. After that,t he proper treatment place can be set up. Until then, you can rest, ice it, immobilize it when training, avoid motions that aggravate it (i.e. EZ curls over straight bar curls, that kind of thing)

Originally Posted by gerbilz View Post
    how can you tell if your PT is great?

i mean, how can you truly know if your PT does or doesnt care about you?

signs?
    Question their credentials. Whether they are a PT (M.S 6 year (min) degree) or a PTA (A.S. 2 year degree). PTAs are basically just educated enough to know the basic anatomy and muscular system and how to interpret the Doctors instructions and have the patient perform them so the doc doesnt have to be there with EVERY single patient. If they are a PTA then rest assured they have the most minimum of knowledge. Beyond that, it really takes someone with experience to k now whether or not they suck (i'd imagine at least)

RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Osteoarthritis is overuse arthritis and you'd know it from the pain. The issue with crepitus in the hands and wrist is that its USUALLY caused by a tendon injury that may not always manifest with pain. If its in both wrists, then its likely a biomechanical problem with your anatomy in say...your shoulder. You really need a Doctor (and i mean an ortho or a kinesiologist) to take a look because an X-ray or CT is used to make a Dx. After that,t he proper treatment place can be set up. Until then, you can rest, ice it, immobilize it when training, avoid motions that aggravate it (i.e. EZ curls over straight bar curls, that kind of thing)

Question their credentials. Whether they are a PT (M.S 6 year (min) degree) or a PTA (A.S. 2 year degree). PTAs are basically just educated enough to know the basic anatomy and muscular system and how to interpret the Doctors instructions and have the patient perform them so the doc doesnt have to be there with EVERY single patient. If they are a PTA then rest assured they have the most minimum of knowledge. Beyond that, it really takes someone with experience to k now whether or not they suck (i'd imagine at least)
    I understand what caused it now that you’ve mentioned tendon injury. I did thick bar training and wrist curls a lot which definitely started all this. Straight bar doesnt cause any pain. How can i know if i shouldnt do something if im not feeling pain?