Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    rome1989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rome1989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rome1989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rome1989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rome1989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rome1989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rome1989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rome1989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rome1989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rome1989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rome1989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ty OP now if you can, can you post a video of what you mean by incorrect BP form?

iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    does taking a pre-workout stim affect my lactate treshold? I know it affects my running pace vs perceived effort relationship but wonder what the mechanism is ther.

Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tank2003 View Post
    Thanks bro! Sounds like a blast too! I havent done much since i hurt my back. My friends dont even text me anymore. Iwent from being Muscle Tank BuffPants to a hermit that worries about going out and whether or not i'll be able to sit down

Muscle loss. That's a pretty easy one. Ketogenic diets. Similar to atkin's. They work GREat because once you get a wee or so into the diet, then the weight literally melts away. HOWEVER, this is just a fad diet. The problem is that a HEALTHY diet calls for one to each a certain amout of food from all categories, where as keto diet's basically forbid carbs of all kinds. The human body runs off of the glucose and glycogen that we take in or the body synthesizes. When you stop taking in carbs, the body will MUSt find somethign to burn, so it burns the fat storages by breaking down adipose tissue (fat cells) and uses Ketone bodies for energy. They do their job well but are metabolically costly to synthesize, which is why you melt fat away. HOWEVER....you MUSt be careful that you do not go into ketoacidosis because ketone bodes are acidic. If you body pH ****s to the acidic side, then that is Bad news son. They MAJOR drawback of this type of diet is that ANY fad diet that results in such a huge weight loss (a keto diet will drop 10 pounds in a week but will slow down eventually) makes it easiest to put the weight on when yous top. So ideally, you want to shoot for 2 lbs per week. If you REALLY bust your nuts in there, you can hit 3 or 4. The HEALTHIEST way to drop weight is to figure out your theoretical BMI (which i think is Bull Fukking Sh&t) and kep watching. I prefer to take measurements (neck, chest, biceps, forearms, waist, hips, quads, calves and the butt. Every month or so, i remeasure to keep track of progress

Wow man, great info.

So, you're 100% welcome to tell me just to go Google something, because I can, but I like talking to you guys on the forum and just passing some time tonight.

So, if you are in the mood, I'd love to hear about a rookie version of either one of these diets. I'm tempted to try. What do I buy? What would I eat?

I'm 5'9.5, and 180 right now. Haven't lifted hard in years but do casual exercise and sometimes home workouts like today. Used to lift a ton. I'm extremely interested in a diet that can literally shed multiple pounds off in a week.

1) How realistic is that though?
    2) Are there dangers, and what do I look out for if there are?
    3) What would I eat and when, any guides?
    4) How much will I feel like **** and how do I handle it?

SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm back OP, thanks for responding. It's similar to foam rolling and flossing is compression bands.
    This is what I meant for body tempering: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HT_K...W5j_WwQqkn2zQa

N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi tank2003's Avatar
    tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    Tankbrah since you have suffered your back injury would you agree with me in saying that powerlifting is where 90%+ of injuries lifting occur? If I am lifting lower weight but higher reps wouldn't it be possible to get fairly shredded and decently big despite natural hormone levels? I want to push myself with high weight and lower reps but after a couple of months I do start to feel it in my joints.

It seems almost inevitable that most people mess up a knee, a shoulder, or herniate a disk in their back from lifting...
    Well, this is a SENSITIVE topic. It can cause severe issues, and then again, one may never experience one. The key is HOW you perform. Let's talk about disc herniations. They can happen to anyone at any time, athletic or couch potatos. The BEST way to prevent any low back injuries is to strengthen your core. If you are worried about back issues then this should be your number 1 focus. My issues started when i was in middle school, but as i got older, the training got harder and i was built like a deep freezer but could still run a sub 7 min mile. Basically what my issue is, is that my hips are misaligned by .25" as seen here:

And here is an oblique view of my Lumbar vert:

Because my hips are misaligned my lumbar vert curve in the opposite direction to compensation. Go farther up the spine and there is an opposite directional curve in my thoracic vertebrae and I have military neck (straight cervical vert. They should curve forward a bit). I also look like one leg is longer but its because of my hips. Leg length discrepancies arent common at all. I worked at a restaraunt for almost 10 years and there were zero breaks. One time, on new years, i opened up at 0900 31DEC,and left at 0515 on 1 Jan. I fully believe that that job pushed the pre-existing conditions and exacerbated them which resulted in a ruptured disc. but i also have arthritis that makes chit was worse.

Power lifting can EASILY screw you up. We are all creatures of testosterone so we want to throw up as much weight as possible. So when some hit OHP, squat and Dead lift, that s where they screw themselves by doing them incorectly.

Originally Posted by Feb15Join View Post
    Good thread with good advice. OP doing a solid here.
    Gracias mi amogi
    Originally Posted by vt2medellin View Post
    Any advice on building a routine to improve mobility, stability, flexibility and posture?
    Posture. Hmm. That is pretty much ALL core training as well as upper back and chest.
    Back Extensions, Squats, planks, shoulder raises (the upper fibers of the traps insert onto the occipital protuberance on the back of your head, ergo, STRONG traps, the easier it is to hold you head up). I would also practice keeping you chin up just a BIT higher than normal so your air ways open up and you are slouching
    Originally Posted by District View Post
    Hey OP bro,

I have a disk herniation, L5-S1, with sciatica down my right leg. Any advice, exercises, things to do to battle through this? Even maybe foods? Supps?
    How far is it herniated? Its measured in Millimeters and i believe 6 is considered surgery worthy. What you need to do is see a doc and get some steroid injections that can help shrink the disc back into its normal state. It didnt work for me but it may for you. Also, you need to stretch WELL before you train. I will let these 2 videos cover that for me:
    [youtube]b2CyO6cdJ4M

Foods: Just eat healthy so you dont gain weight. And i dont buy ANY supps other than creatine, mixed protein, BCAAs, fish oil, multi and SOMETIMES a PWO
    Originally Posted by Gios View Post
    With bent over barbell row what difference does having your elbows flared out directly of the bar make? Is it a good way to build different part of back?
    Elbows flared out means your rotator cuff is engaged when it doesnt need to be. The RC muscles should be seen as LAST resort muscles to get that weight off you. They are not ideal for this because when you step back and watch the exercise, your humerus does not or BARELy rotates (and humeral rotation is the sole job of the rotator Cuff). This is the eact opposite of the BP that causes shoudler issues when elbows are flaired. i would try them at 45 degrees is having them tucked is too hard
    [quote]What is the training technique where one lets go of the weights and quickly then catches them again (like a lateral shoulder raise). Similar to a pushup where you bounce off the floor or machine shoulder press where you can push and let go for split second. Is this an effective or known technique?
    Plyometrics. You are exerting waaaayyyyy more force to achieve (for instance) a push up. Its a good workout if you lack the explosive power in an exercise
    I have a cold and hardly trained in a week but I'm functional. I feel uneasy that I'm breaking the consistent routine I had. Should I just push through a lighter workout or completely rest?
    I'd plan to go light, and if you feel better then slowly increase.
    Pullups with thumb around bar or over bar? Whats the difference?
    Pullups: when your palms are facing you. This set up engages the biceps and brachialis more and makes the exercise a bit easier
    Chin Ups: When your palms face away. Harder to do, but you get stronger this way
    Originally Posted by vt2medellin View Post
    I have the same question with pull/chin-ups. Does it make a difference if your elbows are in front of you or to the sides?
    I would think so. As long as your humerii arent rotating, then it shoudl be ok. i would still keep them together or so what i do on wide grip Lat Chin Ups. hands wide and palms away. They key for that here is to poke your chest out so your scapulas come together. this makes your upper body stable, include your shoulders. On any vartiation of pull ups, the ONLY joints that should be moving are the elbow and should
    Originally Posted by JamesA1990 View Post
    Cool thread OP

I don't have any questions tho..
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    -Dr. Jordan Peterson Sept 2017
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Heading to bed bros. Dream of them gainz!!!!!
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000) PKneyr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great thread brah, for us and yourself. Teaching others you are able to memorize upwards of 90% of the content.

Which one book would you recommend to read for a basic knowledge of exercise physiology? Or any video series?

TrotonKat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrotonKat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrotonKat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrotonKat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrotonKat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrotonKat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrotonKat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrotonKat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrotonKat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrotonKat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrotonKat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want to know the science behind why you can not work your muscles daily? If you listen to your body and only go hard when your muscle not overly sore and than tame it down days muscle fatigues, why can't they be worked daily? People with physical jobs work muscles daily and they still have muscle growth??

TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been trying to work on my poverty squat lately after having give up on it. Reset my max to 135 (program is based on max and %s). Max, for the program, is currently 190, although last week I hit 245 and I felt I could have done more. Problem is, and why I'm not raising the max input for the program to 245, is that I can barley get through the work sets with the 190 max. On one of the days, with 190 as max, I have to hit 155 for 8-10 reps. I go 9/10 effort just to get 8 reps. Is my core too weak, and giving out? Or does it sound like there is something mechanically wrong with my squat?

FWIW I low bar squat, below parallel, and while I probably forward lean a little more than I should it otherwise looks good to me when I film it.

Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you check this tomorrow, please respond to my post above lol I'm excited to at least learn something

Originally Posted by PKneyr View Post
    Great thread brah, for us and yourself. Teaching others you are able to memorize upwards of 90% of the content.

Which one book would you recommend to read for a basic knowledge of exercise physiology? Or any video series?
    there is no one book man. Most of my knowledge stems from 10 different Kinesiology classes such as Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Graded exercise testing, Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, Anatomical Kinesiology, Foundations of Exercise Phys, Praciticum (an entire semester taping people and testing their strength and flexibility and what not), and Measurement and Eval (was basically stastistical calculation; (like Calculating this or that into MET rates, reading and interpreting 12 LEAD EKG readings). Chit was hard as fuk because V fib looks similar to V tach looks like Atrial flutter, "is that a saw tooth pattern or is an irregular tach rhythym, is this a bundle branch block or a small heart attack.

All my "smart" knowledge is straight up from college classes. Once i got a few classes in and learned to evaluate a motion, my mind just applied it very well. And i attribute 100% to me loving what I was doing.

Originally Posted by TrotonKat View Post
    I want to know the science behind why you can not work your muscles daily? If you listen to your body and only go hard when your muscle not overly sore and than tame it down days muscle fatigues, why can't they be worked daily? People with physical jobs work muscles daily and they still have muscle growth??
    Theoretically, you can work your muscles every. But only at an easy intensity. Ex: Calves, if you can walk, then you work them everyday. However, if you subject them to a gym regiment comparable to a hard chest workout, then not only will the be sore as balls, but your body will not be able to repair the neuromuscular damage that happens when you train. So if they never actually heal because you dont give them enough rest, nutrients or time for myoclast cells to do their job. EVENTUALLY, the body will stop trying to repair them (bigger, faster, stronger like they normally would), the body can respond in several ways
    1. Lock your feet. You are repeated hammering your calves and they cannot cope, so assuming they do not just tear apart, the body with just convert muscle to tendons and then calcify them. The body may even fuse the ankles together as well
    2. The massive overload WILL trigger pain like you've never had before. It would feel like your cavles and hams are cramping so bad, Blood Pressure rises, Pain just gets worse ad worse, if you are lucky, you'll pass out. If the body has the opportunity, it may lock in that position so you cant do it again.

But these are just the extreme sides. when youve over trained a large group of muscles, your energy level wills drop and you may even feel sick. Some say there is no such thing as over training, just not enough rest and food intake. Now this may be true, but i certainly do not want to find out.

Originally Posted by Hadtodoit View Post
    Wow man, great info.

So, you're 100% welcome to tell me just to go Google something, because I can, but I like talking to you guys on the forum and just passing some time tonight.

So, if you are in the mood, I'd love to hear about a rookie version of either one of these diets. I'm tempted to try. What do I buy? What would I eat?

I'm 5'9.5, and 180 right now. Haven't lifted hard in years but do casual exercise and sometimes home workouts like today. Used to lift a ton. I'm extremely interested in a diet that can literally shed multiple pounds off in a week.

1) How realistic is that though?
    2) Are there dangers, and what do I look out for if there are?
    3) What would I eat and when, any guides?
    4) How much will I feel like **** and how do I handle it?
    1)You can lose up to 10 pounds in one week on most diets, but the bulk of weight loss is water. What is considered "normal" is 2 lbs per week, which i think is lame. I use to drop at least 5, but ive always been pretty muscular. The more muscles you have, the more weight you melt off with relative ease. If you REALLy need to shave some pounds off, then try this. I did this for MEPS. 4 days before I went back to MEPS to get taped, they kept saying i was 23% Body Fat which ws chit and we all knew it. So 4 days before, I kept up with my regular schedule of work and training except all i ate was salads. i got this mexi style chicken salad from wendy with a tasty low calorie dressing and ate 2 or 3 a day. i was STARVING as fuk the whole time but i walked out of MEPS at 15% (i forgot to mention i rubbed prep H on my waist. it works by reducing the blood flow to the applied area so its almost as if your skin shrinks)
    2. Dangers for what? I dont understand what questions.
    3. OK the basic human usually only eats 2 meals a day. You'll need to eat at least 3 meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner. The goal is spike the metabolism. Think of your metabolism as a campfire. You wake up in the A m and the fire just has coals, some twigs and stick. And you need to put some wood on to get the flame going again (remember this campfire is pretty much your metabolism) So what you want to is not let the fire nearly die down, so you put a little bit on here and there, then here comes lunch and if gets a few thick logs and some brush and its going nicely until its time for dinner. Now you put a huge tree trunk on it and some other small branches that gets the fire going HIGH for 15 minutes, but once the small brush gets burned, theres nothing bu the huge logs left. The fire will continue to burnt he logs slowly but it will take forever. So its better to eat moderate meals throughout the day. When you get some hunger pangs, eat somethign healthy to give the fire something burn up

Originally Posted by TheSandHusky View Post
    I've been trying to work on my poverty squat lately after having give up on it. Reset my max to 135 (program is based on max and %s). Max, for the program, is currently 190, although last week I hit 245 and I felt I could have done more. Problem is, and why I'm not raising the max input for the program to 245, is that I can barley get through the work sets with the 190 max. On one of the days, with 190 as max, I have to hit 155 for 8-10 reps. I go 9/10 effort just to get 8 reps. Is my core too weak, and giving out? Or does it sound like there is something mechanically wrong with my squat?

FWIW I low bar squat, below parallel, and while I probably forward lean a little more than I should it otherwise looks good to me when I film it.
    First of all, low bar squat/high bar squat are the exact same thing. Letting the bar rest 3" up or 3" down makes no difference. The lower the bar sits, the lower your center of gravity is and the more likelihood that you'll botch the rep or get invited to snap city

You have provided me with enough info to help you bro. Tell me about your complete leg workout: The exercises, reps, sets, weights, what order you did them in.
    Originally Posted by Hadtodoit View Post
    If you check this tomorrow, please respond to my post above lol I'm excited to at least learn something

Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thks mate. About pullups, I'm talking bout grip only. Not hands facing you or away. Thumb wrapped around the bar, or just over it, like suicide grip. Similar to what you mentioned in OP.

Originally Posted by Gios View Post
    thks mate. About pullups, I'm talking bout grip only. Not hands facing you or away. Thumb wrapped around the bar, or just over it, like suicide grip. Similar to what you mentioned in OP.
    Oh ok. You need a thumb grip. Always. A false grip means that one of the leading limiting factors will be your ability to hang. Since its just your fingers and you dont have the thumb using the alternating grip, you'll only be able to hag a portion of the time

atjoblin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atjoblin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atjoblin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atjoblin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atjoblin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atjoblin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atjoblin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atjoblin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atjoblin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atjoblin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atjoblin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    subbed.
    "Inside... Something... Doesn't feel right...

Maybe... Because... I'm rotting"

****St. Jude/FedEx Classic Donation Thread****
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177679861

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    7) The Rotator Cup
    Hate to be that guy but rotator cup?
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    Hate to be that guy but rotator cup?
    rotator Cuff, Rotator Cup...Same thing. They are interchangable

0680496 is just really nice. (+1000) 0680496 is just really nice. (+1000) 0680496 is just really nice. (+1000) 0680496 is just really nice. (+1000) 0680496 is just really nice. (+1000) 0680496 is just really nice. (+1000) 0680496 is just really nice. (+1000) 0680496 is just really nice. (+1000) 0680496 is just really nice. (+1000) 0680496 is just really nice. (+1000) 0680496 is just really nice. (+1000)
    is it beneficial to train arms 2x or 3x a week or even more compared to only once a week for size? Can you over-train arms or is it a bro science, in other words is there a number of times a week where training arms starts being detrimental to having bigger arms? Same question for shoulders as well. Thanks!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ...............................R.I.P................................
    ..........Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian..........
    .............₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪₪.............
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Looks OK to me. Although, i would change your cardio to something similar to HIIT and on its own day or a day that is relatively light. PLUS...HIIT cardio burns almost 3 times as much cardio. Also, look at the developement of a sprinter (HIIT workouts) vs a marathon runner (steady state/LISS)

I would also suggest tapering a 90 ISO workout like that to no more than 45 min.
    Does cardio type really matter that much?

Rowers do a ridiculous amount of LISS cardio, I would argue more than any other athletes. Especially at the Olympic level.

They still manage to build muscular physiques, because their workload also includes a lot of resistance training.

I doubt you would find anybody (even if they're taking the same gear Olympic sprinters are) who has put on an impressive amount of muscle doing HIIT cardio.

Originally Posted by 0680496 View Post
    is it beneficial to train arms 2x or 3x a week or even more compared to only once a week for size? Can you over-train arms or is it a bro science, in other words is there a number of times a week where training arms starts being detrimental to having bigger arms? Same question for shoulders as well. Thanks!
    Eh...yes and no. Training them twice a week runs the risk of over training or plateau training (is what i call it. making no gains and not progressing in weight and whatnot). As long as you are changing up something here and there, i cant really see if it would be bad or not. Most guys tend to hit arms as much as possible, but dont make much progress. However, for a while, i hit full body twice a week and was still able to make some gains.

Originally Posted by 420Layers View Post
    Does cardio type really matter that much?

Rowers do a ridiculous amount of LISS cardio, I would argue more than any other athletes. Especially at the Olympic level.

They still manage to build muscular physiques, because their workload also includes a lot of resistance training.

I doubt you would find anybody (even if they're taking the same gear Olympic sprinters are) who has put on an impressive amount of muscle doing HIIT cardio.
    Olympic level competitors have never and will never JUST focus on their sport. I can guarantee you that they are in the gym training hard as phuck on their entire body. They made do LISS cardio, but i can guarantee you also that its the HIIT cardio that does the most benefit. If you are an Olympic Level competitor and all you do is LISS, then you'd get smoked by the competition seeing as how they are competing at such a high intensity

KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Can you talk more about #13 concentric vs eccentric?

Are you saying if I only do the eccentric I would get just as strong? Or if I only pick up the weight in deadlifts (then drop weight) I gain nothing?

Originally Posted by KMadigan777 View Post
    Can you talk more about #13 concentric vs eccentric?

Are you saying if I only do the eccentric I would get just as strong? Or if I only pick up the weight in deadlifts (then drop weight) I gain nothing?
    You get the most benefit from eccentric motions. Just to be clear, the eccentric phase is when the muscle fascia is LENGTHENING. Ex: Lowering the weight on bench press, Lowering yourself to the floor on squat, lowering the weight on a barbell curl. What you are doing is creating potential energy by using your muscles elasticity to store energy, like you would with a rubber band. this is also the phase where you do the most neuromuscular damage to the muscles, which is a good thing. when you create micro tears and microfissures in the bones, your body floods that muscle group with blood and increases the oxygen and nutrients to repair the site, while simultaneously removing carbon dioxide and nitrogenous waste (like ammonia, urea ect). When you pause, the intensity shoots up because it takes a lot of muscle and nerve chains to stablize yourself between phases. Now begin the next phase and release all that stored energy.

If you only did eccentric training, then all you would be able to do is stand under the weight and keep it there or slowly lower it. You wouldnt be able to push up back up. We are all naturally stronger eccentrically because you are basically slowly guiding the weight down, and not going balls to the wall to push it up. But to answer your questions, yes and no. If you take 2 weeks and do just eccentric training, then when you come back your reps and weight will be higher. Most people dont do eccentrics or negatives (same thing) because you need more than 2 or 3 do spot you when you do them on the big lifts like bench, squat, OHP etc

1)You can lose up to 10 pounds in one week on most diets, but the bulk of weight loss is water. What is considered "normal" is 2 lbs per week, which i think is lame. I use to drop at least 5, but ive always been pretty muscular. The more muscles you have, the more weight you melt off with relative ease. If you REALLy need to shave some pounds off, then try this. I did this for MEPS. 4 days before I went back to MEPS to get taped, they kept saying i was 23% Body Fat which ws chit and we all knew it. So 4 days before, I kept up with my regular schedule of work and training except all i ate was salads. i got this mexi style chicken salad from wendy with a tasty low calorie dressing and ate 2 or 3 a day. i was STARVING as fuk the whole time but i walked out of MEPS at 15% (i forgot to mention i rubbed prep H on my waist. it works by reducing the blood flow to the applied area so its almost as if your skin shrinks)
    2. Dangers for what? I dont understand what questions.
    3. OK the basic human usually only eats 2 meals a day. You'll need to eat at least 3 meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner. The goal is spike the metabolism. Think of your metabolism as a campfire. You wake up in the A m and the fire just has coals, some twigs and stick. And you need to put some wood on to get the flame going again (remember this campfire is pretty much your metabolism) So what you want to is not let the fire nearly die down, so you put a little bit on here and there, then here comes lunch and if gets a few thick logs and some brush and its going nicely until its time for dinner. Now you put a huge tree trunk on it and some other small branches that gets the fire going HIGH for 15 minutes, but once the small brush gets burned, theres nothing bu the huge logs left. The fire will continue to burnt he logs slowly but it will take forever. So its better to eat moderate meals throughout the day. When you get some hunger pangs, eat somethign healthy to give the fire something burn up

I'm trying to get the takeaway from all of this. Basically all I got from this was eat salad every day for a week with a low fat dressing?

Also, eat 3 meals/day? The interesting thing is I thought there was a lot of science around intermittent fasting which means 2 meals a day and the whole "graze all day to keep metabolism up" was false. Are you sure 3 meals is right?

You said in your previous post there were dangers to a keto diet I'm wondering what that was.

Can you orovide any more detail on some fat shredding diet than eat lettuce for a week?

IsraeliPride is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsraeliPride is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsraeliPride is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsraeliPride is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsraeliPride is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsraeliPride is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsraeliPride is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsraeliPride is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsraeliPride is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsraeliPride is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsraeliPride is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A really good HIIT exercise is the 60-120. You walk for 60 seconds, then sprint for 120 sec for 6 sets. Now, the first time you do this, you'll just want to kill yourself because this is a BRUTAL exercise. I would start with 30-60s or even 15-30s. As you do this more and more, you can just jog rather than walk. We did this in the army and it cut my 2 mile time from 14 min down to 12:30. but they key is giving it your all. Its so fukking hard to sprint for 2 minutes and there is no pump or second wind, but after a few weeks, those quads will start to get that fat tear drop shape. Plus, your survivability int he zombie apocalypse just skyrocketed
    You mean legit spriting 2 minutes straight? I assume this can't really be an all out sprint can it?

Anyways I was wondering what kind of HIIT routines you can recommend. I saw that you mentioned doing something in the gym where you go from exercise to exercise with no rest basically, but I don't see this working for powerlifting programs since you need a lot more rest between the sets.

I used to sprint up stairs as HIIT, I would say it took me around 20 seconds to get to the top, then I would walk down, rest like 2 minutes and do it again (at the beginning it was more than 2 minutes). What do you think of that? (besides the fact that if I do that again I'll bring a timer with me and really try to go all out and rest less etc etc).

Basically any other kind of HIIT I can do in a place where I don't even have 60 str8 meters to run (well I could run uphill actually, what about that? and if so for how long? rest period? and so on).

Would really appreciate your answer and help.
    "One would tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel"

Current lifts:

Squat 200 kg / 441 lbs
    Bench 135 kg/ 297 lbs
    Deadlift 220 kg / 485 lbs

Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IsraeliPride View Post
    You mean legit spriting 2 minutes straight? I assume this can't really be an all out sprint can it?

Anyways I was wondering what kind of HIIT routines you can recommend. I saw that you mentioned doing something in the gym where you go from exercise to exercise with no rest basically, but I don't see this working for powerlifting programs since you need a lot more rest between the sets.

I used to sprint up stairs as HIIT, I would say it took me around 20 seconds to get to the top, then I would walk down, rest like 2 minutes and do it again (at the beginning it was more than 2 minutes). What do you think of that? (besides the fact that if I do that again I'll bring a timer with me and really try to go all out and rest less etc etc).

Basically any other kind of HIIT I can do in a place where I don't even have 60 str8 meters to run (well I could run uphill actually, what about that? and if so for how long? rest period? and so on).

proper HIIT is hard as fuk bro, spinning bikes are good for HIIT, treadmill also but i prefer HIIT with lower impact on joints
    I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
    Podcast 24/7 Crew
    Conspiracy Crew

Originally Posted by IsraeliPride View Post
    Yes. And all out sprint. it is HARD AS PHUCK but you can and will adapt. theoretically, you could sprint a full marathon with enough training, but like i said, its hard and painful.

If you are powerlifting then a HIIT gym cycle is almost counter productive. If you did that every once in a while, i imagine it could do some good by shocking things up. the more you shock your body, the more it learns how to lessen the detrimental effects. it will do this by sending more blood, oxygen and nutrients to the muscle groups and buffer the nitrogenous waste. Your VO2 max will increase, and eventually, you'll adapt enough to where you'll need to increase either the number of exercises, the weight, the mode or duration. this isnt really any different than typical training patterns in theory, its just done waaaayyyy faster.

The only REAL limitations to HIIT training is your imagination. When I left the army and moved in with my homie, i took him to the gym with me, except we never picked up a weight. We headed to the b-ball court and trained there. What we did was:
    -Push ups
    -Then rolled over to do flutter kicks
    -Then back onto our stomachs and did prone rows
    -Then back onto our backs and did V ups
    Hopped up and did a suicide
    -Then picked up the bench for sitting they had and did OHP for 30 or so reps
    -Then did some high jumps
    -Diamond push ups for triceps
    -Lunges and air squats (not back to back though; i was just freestyling this and tried to do a push/pull type regiment so ryan wouldn't keel over and die).

You could also use outdoor equipment. Our local hospital has some and are cool to use. this way, you never pick up a single weight. Its all just body weight exercises.

in the gym you could set up a circuit. Jump Ropes. Ab roller, bozu ball, constriction bands etc. I personally dont liek doing those. I prefer to do it in free weights.

Stairway sprints are almost 3 times as calorically expensive, meaning you can burn up to 3 times as many calories as you would on a flat surface. Training outside boosts your calorie burning by 10%. the colder, the better. guys who work outdoors in the snow burn twice as many calories JUST to stay warm. And if their job is manual labor like, i dunno, log splitting, then they will most likely NEED 5,000 kcals/day just to break even.

Sprinting is a HIGHLY effective way to HIIT. I would get a weighted vest to help increase the work load, because if you run those stairs every day, you'll plateau and stay there. Throw a vest on, and you will bust through that plateau.

HIIT regiments, like i said, are limited by your imagination. It does help to get input from people. He/she may have a solid idea that you may never think of. Uphill running is great to. just remember, if you dont feel like absolute DEATH after a hiit workout (Comparatively, a proper Negative (eccentric loading) workout isnt quite as tough, but when you do it correctly and give it your all, you will feel like chit after), then you werent doing enough. You really need a partner top push you along. Compete for times and so on. If you running surface is short, then do suicides. If you have a little money then you can get these small parachutes that add a lot of resistance. those multiply the effectiveness of a HIIT protocol by 4 or 5, but you HAVE TO PUSH YOURSELF. You would be AMAZED at what the human body is capable of. When i went through ranger School, i was beaten down, tired, thirsty, hungry and wondering why i was there, but i pushed myself as hard as i could. On the log lifts (300 lb 15 ft red oak log), there was usually a minimum of 10 candidates on it. I was usually in the middle or the ends because i was tall. We had been PT'ing for nearly 22 hour straight, muddy and tired. 5 people fell off (they just quit while we were OHP'ing the log or holding it at chest level) and it was basically just me holding up 1 end. I literally went primal to hold my end up until some others could cover down. I remember being a little woosy, legs shaking and feeling like i was at my thresh hold and when i saw the guys drop out the instructor looked at me and made sure i did not have permission to drop. And it was like a firecracker in my head went off. I gritted my teeth and yelled loud as fuk, stood straight up witht he log at my chest, widened my stance and stood there for almost 15 long seconds (felt like an hour though). Once 5 guys covered down, the instructor pulled me out to check on me. I got a coin from Admiral Mike Mullins for that. He was on hand observing and no one knew. I'm not telling you this to stroke my own cock, i just want to convey the potential of the human body. just when you think you are done, you can shift gears and carry on.

'Priciate the love guys. Keep the questions coming and i'll keep the knowledge flowing.

1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Por favor senor

So i was walking in flip flops a while back and sort of slid off a curb with one foot and sort of popped/slid the side of my ankle out (dont know the proper term for this). Normally when this happens it just slides back in and im good to go, even when im playing sports. I was drunk so i tried shaking/rotating my foot to get it back in but it didn't really work and i was drunk so I didn't care too much. I continued walking on it for a while and I think that made it permanently weak. I didn't do too much cardio or sports for a while and decided to play basketball today. Well, the same thing happened where my ankle slid/popped out of place, I sort of got it back into the right place but it didn't go back in instantly as it would in years past and hurt afterwards, so I did RICE.

It feels much better know, but I wanna know how I can prevent this in the future so that i can slide it in quickly without it hurting. Ankle exercises? Is it damaged cuz of that prior incident or what? Pls help. Thanks

Originally Posted by 1017brr View Post
    So i was walking in flip flops a while back and sort of slid off a curb with one foot and sort of popped/slid the side of my ankle out (dont know the proper term for this). Normally when this happens it just slides back in and im good to go, even when im playing sports. I was drunk so i tried shaking/rotating my foot to get it back in but it didn't really work and i was drunk so I didn't care too much. I continued walking on it for a while and I think that made it permanently weak. I didn't do too much cardio or sports for a while and decided to play basketball today. Well, the same thing happened where my ankle slid/popped out of place, I sort of got it back into the right place but it didn't go back in instantly as it would in years past and hurt afterwards, so I did RICE.

It feels much better know, but I wanna know how I can prevent this in the future so that i can slide it in quickly without it hurting. Ankle exercises? Is it damaged cuz of that prior incident or what? Pls help. Thanks
    Most likely what you did was most likely a subluxation meaning the bone(s) broke their continuity and normal tracking path and SLIGHTLY dislocates but it pops back in. A full dislocation requires a doctor to reset the joint. The odd thing with the ankle, is what people call the ankle "bone" is actually and bundle of tough tendons from the tiabialis anterior (muscle over your shin) and the gastrocnemius and soleus (the 2 muscles that make up the calves). As you can see here, there is no Bone on the outside of the foot that forms the protrusion usually just called the ankle.

So back to your foot. When you rolled your ankle (also called a sprain because sprains are associated with tendons while strains are associated with muscles). each time you roll your ankle out, you stretch those tendons (and ligaments within the ankle), making it easier and easier to keep doing it. I'm sure your ankle looked like this a bit:

these are pics of what happened:

and

The 2nd pic more accurate reflects what your ankle tendons probably look like, though not quite as severe. The best way to avoid re-injuring your ankle is to:
    1. Strengthen your calves. The stronger the muscles are, the more stable the joints will be
    2. Identify what actions produce the injury. In B-ball, its usually jumping for a rebound and not landing on the pads of your feet but when you foot is just SLIGHTLY everted (when the outside of the foot touches the ground first and your weight travels through and you just roll your ankle) OR cutting really fast and changing directions.
    3. Either tape up your ankle before you shoot hoops or wear high top shoes or shoes that provide a LOT of ankle stability

And you were correct with RICE. Compression is pretty paramount in this case. It will help the swelling stay down and force the pooling fluids away from the ankle to be reabsorbed