Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi tank2003's Avatar
    tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pep_meister View Post
    first thanks a million for the detailed reply. My biggest question was the volume thing because in all of my years in the gym i've never seen anyone do that much volume. I appreciate it big time. I think im going to try squatting and deadlifting with the bar for form with a friend and work on flexibility. The biggest thing i took was my abs will help with my back issues. i've never done abs outside of situps for my air force pt test which i manage to max out.

1. How often do you train? 5 days a week. Usually a split like chest monday. tuesday bis and tris. wednesday shoulders. thursday back and legs. and friday a full body circuit... i do sit ups before every workout but i will add another few minutes daily to strengthen my core.
    2. what is your rough BMI? i'd say between 20-25%. 5'10 240 right now.
    3. What is your experience in the gym? Did you just show up one day and do this and that, watch other lifters, read a book...etc?
    i'm 23 and started lifting when was 14. so 9 years in the gym. my base was having this " i benched a b52 challenge (185klbs)" on the bench and i only had 3 weeks to finish before i left to get my tshirt so i started hammering out crazy volume on chest and found i kept getting stronger, reps came easier and easier and my push ups for my pt test went from 65 to 75 in a minute which is a big big jump in just 3 months. i used to have a more powerlift approach smaller rep range but this volume has been doing crazy **** to me. in arms, shoulders, all my lifts while losing weight and at a calorie defecit. i watched a lot of youtube videos through the years because i never lift with a partner and got my bench form down, i do a lot ot basic lifts in high volume .seated dumbell ohp for a lot of reps, super set/drop set lat and front raises together.

arm day will consist of starting at 40lb dumbells do to 5lb curling normal at 20 reps at each increment then superset with hammer curls immediatly after then skull crushers take a 2 minute rest and repeat 2 more times. then go super set cable curls and tricep push downs for a ton of reps. ive never followed a program or had anyone tell me if what im doing is a waste of time or if there is a legit method to my madness. lol. people just see me doing this stupid ammount of volume. its helped a lot. for a while i was only getting 225 for 19 now im at 25 and have lost 20lbs since then. just a few months ago
    Oh i totally understand skepticism about my trat volume. It is a monstrous load but its not a dynamic group biceps where you have a million different options. And also, I noticed one day that they resembled calves (to me at least. but not in form). What i mean is, we use out calves so much that it takes special attention to coax some hypertrophy with them. My traps are they same. So i started watching and keeping notes, then i heard Dewayne Johnson compare them to calves and suggested HIGH reps. Then i remembered arnold mentioning that too in his bodybuilding encyclopedia. If i recall correctly, he didnt have an official explanation, just that high reps were the only way he could get anything from his calves or traps. So thats what i did and boy did it work. And good on you for the abs. Even if you never use them for chicks (or dudes. whatever lol) then you'll have a much better "old" life than I will. My back is FUKKED for life. I need a 3 vertebral fusion but it can be REALLY debilitating so he keeps telling me to just work with my pain doctor and put it off as long as I could. EVERY day i wish that if i could just change 1 thing from my past it would be it. Not the bad choices in relationships, not skipping this class and etc but to save my back.

1.I havent been in the gym for over a year because of my back issues (not sure if you have heard me talk about it but i have moderate rheumatoid arhritis in all my Lumbar vert, most thoracic and severe arthritis in my neck (had low back surgery in 2012 but i'm worse off now because scar tissue formed as a result and is pushing on my Left L5 nerve root (gives me TERRIBLE nerve pain in addition to physical)). My split was a 3 day: day one was chest/back. Day 2 was Shoulders and legs and Day 3 was Arms I'll see if i cant provide my spreadsheet i made a few years back to let you know what exactly i do.

2. My BMI is probably around 20 atm. My actually BF% is probably close 20 18%-20%. Its sad I am planning on getting back in the gym today though. If i have to live with this pain, then i'll do it with a swole ass neck

My gym experience is almost solely on my own. I've never lifted with anyone. I had a few friends that liked the gym, but not as much as i did and not as frequent Plus they didnt want to put in the effort.
    3. What is your experience in the gym? I started by doing push ups in 8th grade while DBZ ws on commercials. I just wanted to get some muscle going and it was enough to really make me interested. When i first hit the gym, i was your typical noob so i wont get into that. After a year or so, and from the advice of a few randoms, i started to form a workout regimen. In high school, i got a bit "better" but i was always busy with sports or chicks though. The summer between high school and college were PARAMOUNT for me. My first serious GF dumped me and i was utterly alone. It was a "dont know what you got, til its gone" situation. So i wasnt in school (because it was summer) and VERY little to do so i chose to concentrate on the gym. Then i started school and a year later, i was in classes that taught me how to TRAIN rather than just workout.
    as my schooling progressed so did I. But keep in mind, i'm a naturally big fella. I resemble a big hairy russian with 20" biceps rather than Arnold. My first bench goal was 135. lol. First time under actual weight, i couldnt even push 95 lbs for 10 reps. Around 2008ish, i put up 465 and felt like a boss.

I will say this. Even though i credit myself for what i have achieved, some credit is due to the OGs that look past their prime. They may not be able to hang with you on the weights, but they have a thing or 2 to teach you. But its not every old guy there. Its the guys who dont waste money on all the supps, the gear and spend 10 minutes talking between sets. Just shoot me a PM sometime if you need some more in depth advice. If i could show you in person then that would be way better but ya know....
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    -Dr. Jordan Peterson Sept 2017
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    MEGA bumps

“That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz
    Subbed for ever.

Should a spring and/or a summer cut be started now? If so why or why not?

420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bro you don't need to bump remember? You're stickied now.

Originally Posted by TheDukeUSMC View Post
    Subbed for ever.

Should a spring and/or a summer cut be started now? If so why or why not?
    I would say Now. The more cut time under your belt, the better. but you are just perfect the way you are
    Originally Posted by 420Layers View Post
    Bro you don't need to bump remember? You're stickied now.
    silly fairy. I do have my ego to pander to

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Force=Mass X Acceleration

The bigger an object is and the faster it goes the more force it produces.

Can a smaller person produce as much force as a bigger person? Or can a smaller person punch as hard or harder than a bigger person if they produce enough speed?
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    Force=Mass X Acceleration

The bigger an object is and the faster it goes the more force it produces.

Can a smaller person produce as much force as a bigger person? Or can a smaller person punch as hard or harder than a bigger person if they produce enough speed?
    Yes but the acceleration has to be exponentially greater

RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thanks for answering my previous question. You did so well I am going to follow up with another question.

I had a high ankle sprain from playing soccer where I slid and had the ball kicked into the bottom of my foot which pushed it back further than it should typically go(up by my toes). Now any time I flex my foot past a certain(normal) point it hurts incredibly bad in that same high ankle area. Do you think there is something I could do to alleviate this injury or is it one of those things I'll just have to deal with?

If your having trouble picturing what movement causes the pain think of the position used to stretch calves where your hands are on the ground akin to a pushup position.
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    "the personification of greatness"

Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    Thanks for answering my previous question. You did so well I am going to follow up with another question.

I had a high ankle sprain from playing soccer where I slid and had the ball kicked into the bottom of my foot which pushed it back further than it should typically go(up by my toes). Now any time I flex my foot past a certain(normal) point it hurts incredibly bad in that same high ankle area. Do you think there is something I could do to alleviate this injury or is it one of those things I'll just have to deal with?

If your having trouble picturing what movement causes the pain think of the position used to stretch calves where your hands are on the ground akin to a pushup position.
    That is hard to imagine doing. So what you are saying is, that you over plantar flexed your ankle" If so, then is the pain in the "front" of your foot, where it bends? And how long was your recovery? In my experiences, 1 or 2 ankle injurys tend to linger for life. Its possible you have bone spurs or scar tissue that resulted from the trauma. Scar tissue is formed quickly when something big happens because its tougher than any other soft tissue. Can you MS paint a crude illustration?

Oh wait...i get it. the ball made contact at your toes and pushed the tarsals dorsally? That's a tough one. But i will refer to my rebuttal. I think you just have laxed ligaments and tendons from the injury. To my knowledge, there isnt a whole lot you can do to rehab it. Once the soft tissue stretches, thats it. Ligaments, especially, have a low blood flow, because they are small, and take longer to heal. My only suggestion is to strengthen your calves to hold the joint stable. You can also wear shoes that have high ankle support AND ankle tape when you have a flare up or playing a pick up game. Try the advice in these videos

Spoiler!

iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    cool thread OP

can you recommend me a hiit routine at the gym? ive started doing cardio the past couple months and have been doing a 3 mile jog in 30 minutes, haven't really pushed it yet on endurance/running.
    watchout your comments boyo ↓

RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tank2003 View Post
    That is hard to imagine doing. So what you are saying is, that you over plantar flexed your ankle" If so, then is the pain in the "front" of your foot, where it bends? And how long was your recovery? In my experiences, 1 or 2 ankle injurys tend to linger for life. Its possible you have bone spurs or scar tissue that resulted from the trauma. Scar tissue is formed quickly when something big happens because its tougher than any other soft tissue. Can you MS paint a crude illustration?

Oh wait...i get it. the ball made contact at your toes and pushed the tarsals dorsally? That's a tough one. But i will refer to my rebuttal. I think you just have laxed ligaments and tendons from the injury. To my knowledge, there isnt a whole lot you can do to rehab it. Once the soft tissue stretches, thats it. Ligaments, especially, have a low blood flow, because they are small, and take longer to heal. My only suggestion is to strengthen your calves to hold the joint stable. You can also wear shoes that have high ankle support AND ankle tape when you have a flare up or playing a pick up game. Try the advice in these videos

Spoiler!
    Yes exactly I experienced hyper dorsiflexion which obviously was painful at the time. I've pretty much learned that if I want to play soccer or basketball I have to wrap my ankle which is annoying because I have to go up fairly high to provide proper support. I will try the advice in those youtube videos because it looks similar to what I am having and I have noticed some improvement with just the simple stretch I mentioned in my post.

My injury was pretty bizarre and no one really understood what happened when I went down but it was surely unpleasant. But I'd say mine has nothing on the dude in the gif. fuarrrrk
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    "the personification of greatness"

Tormoz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tormoz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tormoz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tormoz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tormoz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tormoz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tormoz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tormoz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tormoz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tormoz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tormoz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No answer

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What's the best way to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks? I need to cut weigth for a Grappling tournament.
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz
    I would say Now. The more cut time under your belt, the better. but you are just perfect the way you are
    haha negative. Gotta go down 15lb and that waist.

Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrc25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Started working out at the gym at my work on my lunch break. Only problem is they don't have a squat rack. For legs they have leg press, abductor machines, and curl/extension machines. Right now my leg day consists of

4x Leg Press
    4x Romanian DL
    3x Leg Extension
    3x Ham Curl
    4x Calf raises

I don't feel like I'm working my quads hard enough. Any advice or adjustments I should make on my routine?

Originally Posted by iwant2beswole View Post
    cool thread OP

can you recommend me a hiit routine at the gym? ive started doing cardio the past couple months and have been doing a 3 mile jog in 30 minutes, haven't really pushed it yet on endurance/running.
    The base of HIIT training is the interval. If you plot your workout, it would look like this:

Medium Intensity (just because few people are prepared for an actual HIIT workout):
    3 rounds of 30 sec of each with a 15 sec rest
    -Jumping Jacks
    -Lunges
    -Push ups
    -Air squats
    -And tricep dips

High Intensity: 3 sets of 45 to 60 sec with 15-30 sec rest
    -Sprinting (if you are indoors then run around a basketball court or do suicides)
    -Mountain Climbers
    -High Knees
    -Not sure what this is called but its a wall sit without that wall. You just hang at the bottom of a squat

If you dont feel like death, then you werent trying hard enough. Its brutal but its most effective when you put everything into it.

Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    Yes exactly I experienced hyper dorsiflexion which obviously was painful at the time. I've pretty much learned that if I want to play soccer or basketball I have to wrap my ankle which is annoying because I have to go up fairly high to provide proper support. I will try the advice in those youtube videos because it looks similar to what I am having and I have noticed some improvement with just the simple stretch I mentioned in my post.

My injury was pretty bizarre and no one really understood what happened when I went down but it was surely unpleasant. But I'd say mine has nothing on the dude in the gif. fuarrrrk
    You rinjury was highly unique. I had to read your description a few times to get it. I dont even want to imagine how bad that hurt
    Originally Posted by Tormoz View Post
    No answer
    Pretty sure i answered your question. What was it?
    Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    What's the best way to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks? I need to cut weigth for a Grappling tournament.
    ah man...i dont want to answer this because it can be dangerous. But here is my advice

Crash diet:
    -eat only mixed green salads and light dressing, celery is good. If you have 2 weeks, then i would spend 3 or 4 days tapering your diet down, and then 1 week prior, hit the crash diet
    -drink lots of water until about 2 days before
    -a lot of boxers spit rather than swallow *cue the jokes* but they spit into a bucket and that really adds up
    -Steady State cardio. Your heart rate should stay around 50%-60% of its max. Anymore and you will most def pass out
    -water weight can make or break you so approach this lightly. High potassium will kick out excess sodium in your muscles and the water goes with it. There are also diuretics you can drink but BE FRIGGIN CAREFUL with this one. Even The gift can get bit by it

I need to go down by like...40. I'm sure my back would thank me if i did. but its a catch 22. i need to hit the gym to lose weight, but hitting the gym is what hurts
    Originally Posted by Mrc25 View Post
    Started working out at the gym at my work on my lunch break. Only problem is they don't have a squat rack. For legs they have leg press, abductor machines, and curl/extension machines. Right now my leg day consists of

4x Leg Press
    4x Romanian DL
    3x Leg Extension
    3x Ham Curl
    4x Calf raises

I don't feel like I'm working my quads hard enough. Any advice or adjustments I should make on my routine?
    Try doing unilateral exercises (one leg at a time). this way, its unlikely you'll max the machine out anytime soon. You can also do pauses in between eccentric and concentric phases. Lastly, try incorporating lunges. They are REALLY effective

Sorry bros. I just realised i missed your questions. Please accept my humble apologies

Originally Posted by Xtcent View Post
    Did zyzz have to use ketchup, because he was an ectomorph? I feel like someone with a different body type could have had simialar results in the same timespan naturally.
    yes and no (I also edited your post so mythread doesnt get closed. ketchup. the word is now ketchup).He had a figure that was attainable naturally, but i think where he excelled was definition. He used stuff to increase density and enhance striations.

gone too soon man

Originally Posted by HockeyBacon18 View Post
    ill probably have more questions pertaining to my own training later, but you said you had a VO2 of 65 and 70 was considered elite, and im curious as to how big a difference that is.

Im not that familiar with the VO2 max other than its used in the NHL combine for draft prospects, would the difference between going from 65 to 70 be the same as going from 60-65 or is it like Runescape where going from 1-92 is the same as going from 92-99 in that its much harder to progress once you get closer to elite
    Let it be known that thaT was MY VO2 Max. I probably cant stand long enough to get an accurate max now. The difference between mine and elite isnt that great. When you do vo2 maxes, sometimes you will plateau and even though the speed and grade increases, you still hover. I started to do that my first time, and when my prof said i was plateauing but my lactic acid buffering quotient was too low for me to stop, i just gritted my teeth and went super saiyan. Elite levels can stay on the treadmill for 30 minutes or so despite the grade increasing every 2 min (eventually you stop increasing speed)
    Originally Posted by tats27 View Post
    Serious question: I pulled my groin a few months ago playing football then I made the injury worse during a deadlift. At the very bottom of the pull I felt something strain deeper than the groin pull, almost between my balls and butthole (seriously).
    Ive felt this before when i poop. It happens kind of often for me and i have no clue why. its a really sharp pinch isnt it? Its got to be nerve related because it just doesnt feel like a muslce
    It hurt me for a few weeks on and off but mostly when I wasn't lifting. At night, laying down I would feel a pain in the bottom of my testicles. I went to see my doctor and she checked for a hernia, but came up negative. So, since Christmas I've taken off lifting with the plan to return in Feb. However, even after a few weeks of non lifting it still bothers me some times just walking around. My doctor said it could be a torn ligament.

I THINK it might have something to do with sitting all day long and not stretching out my hips and hamstrings at all - making the injury worse. is this a thing? Could tight hips hurt or make worse the area?

Thoughts?
    Doesnt sound like a ligament to me. I mean, ligaments hold bone with bone and when you factor in the anatomy of the pelvic girdle, there is no bone there to host a ligament. I really dont know what to tell you other than stretching. I hate to leave you at this point, but its beyond me bro. best of luck with it though. Keep me posted. I might need it one day

Originally Posted by CelticBhoy View Post
    Okay. You state that eating smaller, more frequent meals increases your metabolism. But some of the research suggests that this is - at best - minimal. http://www.alanaragonblog.com/wp-con...a-analysis.pdf
    https://www.elitefts.com/education/d...my-metabolism/

Would you say that both caloric intake and percentage(s) of macros are more important?

I currently do an upper/lower split, (a mix between Dr. Casey Butts and Lyle McDonald's generic bulking routine) as a natural trainee.

You state that you can increase natural testosterone can be increased by IF. How?
    Wait a sec. did i ACTUALLY say increases metabolism, because that is really hard to do. It takes a long time and lifestyle changes. What i meant to say is it will keep your metabolism going by putting some sticks on the fire rather than 1 huge log or pine straw.
    And yes. kcal intake and pecentages are more important because without them, your metabolism can only do so much.

Originally Posted by chunkdouglas View Post
    Hey OP, thanks for the great thread.

I'm not sure if you have experience with this, but I have chronic bursitis in both of my feet. Foot doctor told me that I need to lose weight, so that's what I've been doing. I'm in the 260s range right now, but I've lost over 100lbs over the last few years. On to my question. Do you think that I should avoid exercises like squats that put so much pressure on my feet. I was doing Stronglifts 5x5 for a few weeks. It felt great and I loved the enhanced mobility and strength that the program gave me over those few weeks, but it ended when I had a bad flair up of my bursitis in my right foot. I'm not sure if it was the squats and other exercises, but it had been a while since I'd had a flair up like that. If there's another way that I can get a workout like the one I was getting without stressing my feet so bad, I'd really love to know. Especially since my weight loss is steady and I want to put on some muscle and retain mobility as I get closer and closer to my goal weight.

Thanks
    Hmm...I would say its ok to keep working out, but after you need to focus on taking care of your feet since you just blasted them. Try rolling your feet on a tennis ball after you work out. This helps relax your feet. i would also pay close attention to your shoes. You need a pair of shoes or orthotics that support the arch. If your shoes are wearing on the inside or outside, then your heel strike, midstance or toe off is jacked up. Some people need shoes that have thicker soles on the outside so they can get closer to a neutral stance

Originally Posted by Jattfusion View Post
    gj tank on this thread.. will rep u on that brah.

My question is, i need to work my lower back. DUring this time of the year i avoid the gym to stay away from flu.
    So i workout in my makeshift bsmt gym. What i have are dbells, stationary bike (live strong version) and workout bench that goes from flat to incline. I also have an exercise ball. Tell me how i can work my lower back from this setup and equipment.
    Can you do back extensions? IMO, they target the erector spinae the best. it doesnt sound like you have the right equipment to perform it though. If you can jerry rig something into allowing you to do extensions, then def do those. You can also increase the load by resting a weight on the back of your neck. The whole idea of this is to raise your center mass as high as possible so your back gets targeted more. If you dont have enough weights, then hold the weight above your head. Not towards the ceiling but towards the wall. Just be careful with your shoulders.
    Originally Posted by theACEofSPADES View Post
    If I get injured, who is the best person to see? A doctor? PT? Sports med?

Which PT cert is the best one to get? Are they even worth it?
    A kinesiologist is probably best. PTs are really good too. A reg doc will probably throw a vague diagnosis on it because they arent PTs. When it comes to exercise and the injuries, I would rely on a PT more (since a kinesiologist is hard to find).

found you a good cutting diet
    Attached Images

baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm 40 year old man. 5-6, about 250 pounds. I lift and do cardio. I eat relatively cleanly, not a lot of carbs. I am getting hitched in May and would like to drop as much as possible, prefer to lose 50 pounds. I am having a bitch of a time getting my weight to budge. I work rotating shifts as a nurse, so 3 weeks 7am to 7pm, followed by 3 weeks of 7pm to 7am. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by baran13 View Post
    I'm 40 year old man. 5-6, about 250 pounds. I lift and do cardio. I eat relatively cleanly, not a lot of carbs. I am getting hitched in May and would like to drop as much as possible, prefer to lose 50 pounds. I am having a bitch of a time getting my weight to budge. I work rotating shifts as a nurse, so 3 weeks 7am to 7pm, followed by 3 weeks of 7pm to 7am. Any suggestions?
    hmm...you could switch you a ketogenic diet. this is almost a 24 hour fat burning diet, but there are risks. I think that the biggest one for you would be keeping your energy up for a full shift. I personally have done a keto several times and with awesome results, but for the first few weeks, i was lacking energy and was hungry. but i adapted and eventually felt pretty good. another issue with a keto diet is the HUGE poops you'll take. usually on a keto, your veggie intake is raised so you have that feeling a satiation. More veggies is more fiber and more fiber means huge poops so you'd need to really increase water intake so you dont have one of those stories where the person has to go anal spelunking and break up the mass in order to pass it. Although they are funny stories. I'll defer to the hodge twins on keto diets

Another way is to embrace the food pyramid, but not the old model. In the mid 2000s, the FDA rethought the pyramid and turned it on its side. Its more calorically balanced and takes the emphasis off simple carbs and increased fiber reccomendations

like ive said before, eating smaller more frequent meals is the healthiest way, but you are at a disadvantage since you are a nurse

baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baran13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    5.5 ounces of meat a day? Huh? LOL! If I do keto, how many carbs per day?

5.5 ounces of meat a day? Huh? LOL! If I do keto, how many carbs per day?
    yeah...piss on that chit. I say go nuts on Lean meats and fish. I could eat smoked salmon every day son
    Salmon is my chit

yeah...piss on that chit. I say go nuts on Lean meats and fish. I could eat smoked salmon every day son
    Salmon is my chit
    What would be the daily carb limit for a fat ass such as myself then?

What would be the daily carb limit for a fat ass such as myself then?
    If you are doing a keto, then around 20-30g

otherwise, based on a 2500 kcal...i'd say around 300g

From Bones to Brawn SkinnyBeast24's Avatar
    SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    more on ATP from fellow M.S. brah

ATP: The Energy Currency
    *Energy from ATP hydrolysis powers all forms of biologic work so that is why its cells energy currency
    *Potential energy in this nucleotide molecule can power all the cells energy requiring processes
    1. Extract potential energy from food and conserve it within bonds of ATP
    2. Extract and transfer chemical energy in ATP to power biologic work
    *ADP is formed when ATP joins with water which is catalyzed by the enzyme ATPase
    -ATPase Reaction cleave ATPs outer most phosphate bond to release an inorganic phosphate + 7.3k cal of free energy
    *Capability to hydrolyze ATP without oxygen which can generate rapid energy transfer
    *Cytsosol contains pathways for ATP production from anaerobic breakdown of PCr, glucose, glycerol, and the carbon skeletons of some deanimated amino acids.
    *Mitochondria has reactive processes to harness cellular energy to generate ATP aerobically

ATP: A limited Currency
    *Cells must continually resynthesize ATP at its rate of use
    *An imbalance of ATP and ADP and Pi stimulates the breakdown of other stored energy
    Containing compounds to create more ATP.
    *ATP isnt a huge significant energy reserve which is beneficial due to the heavy weight of the
    Molecule

Phosphocreatine: The Energy Reservoir
    *Anaerobic splitting of a phosphate from PCr can create ATP
    *Creatine kinase catalyzes hydrolysis for PCr
    -Cells store 4 to 6 times more PCr than ATP
    *Short increases in ADP within muscle contraction during exercise shift the creatine kinase
    Reaction toward PCr hydrolysis and ATP production.
    -Does not require oxygen
    *PCr serves as a reservoir of high-energy phosphate bonds.
    *Adenylate kinase uses 2 ADP molecules to produce 1 ATP and 1 AMP
    Bench 315x1 - Squat 415x1 - Deadlift 515x1 Total = 1,245

3/4/5 Club as of 8-23-2019. Feels good man.

M.S. Exercise Science (2018)
    Certified by: NSCA C.S.C.S, NASM-CPT

6'5 Manmore, 230 pounds, 15% body-fat (Bod Pod tested)

COLTS (football) - Lakers (LeGOAT) - Indians (Baseball) - Uconn Huskies (college) - USA Soccer

SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Important graphs to understanding some information on the pulmonary system. Cardiac Output is the main culprit on why we eventually fatigue in aerobic exerciseQ= HR x SV(stroke volume or amount leaving heart with each contraction)

Key points
    1.) Oxygen travels from higher partial pressures to lower partial pressures.
    2.) You can see a gap with PA02 (oxygen in the alveolar air in lungs) compared to Pa02 (oxygen in arterial blood) as pulmonary ventilation increases to deliver oxygen to the necessary parts of the body
    3.) CO2 in vein (blood returning to heart) naturally increases as we need to expire and rid it out of our systems
    4.) Pulmonary ventilation increases = drop in arterial pH aka blood becomes more acidic so time to breathe

Key points
    1.) Bohr effect

An example would be oxygen saturation of hemoglobin isn't as effective under certain conditions such as an increase in temperature which means not as much oxygen will target the necessary working muscles meaning decreased performance and a quicker reach to fatigue.

The dotted line represents myoglobin which has a much higher affinity in holding on to oxygen. The problem lies with the amount of oxygen that needs to travel from lungs to the working muscles. That is cardiac output and the reason we eventually get gassed as hell.

COLTS (football) - Lakers (LeGOAT) - Indians (Baseball) - Uconn Huskies (college) - USA Soccer

And some extra fun facts on lactate
    In steady state exercise, hydrogen oxidizes at same rate as it becomes available
    *Lactic acid is quickly dissociated in body and releases a hydrogen ion.
    -Remaining compounds binds with a positively charged sodium or potassium ion
    To form lactate
    *NAD+ frees up when non-oxidized hydrogens combine with pyruvate to form lactate
    So NAD can accept more hydrogen to produce more ATP
    -Removal of lactate = rate of production
    high turnover in endurance athletes
    -ATP formation fails to keep up with pace and rate of use as blood and muscle lactate
    Levels increase

Lactate: A Valuable Waste Product
    Once oxygen becomes available, NAD+ finds hydrogens attached to
    Lactate to form ATP via oxidation
    Cori cycle --> removes lactate release from active muscles and uses
    It to replenish glycogen reserves depleted from intense exercise

cliffs or tldr or wtf
    -You don't produce more lactate then what you are expelling. Lactate can actually be converted back to pyruvate and then used to create more ATP. The reason for DOM's is not "lactic acid."

-->

Originally Posted by CelticBhoy View Post

You state that you can increase natural testosterone can be increased by IF. How?
    https://translational-medicine.biome...967-016-1044-0

some cliffs

Fat Mass
    Significant decrease in fat mass (-16.4% - TRF group) compared to (-2.8% in ND group)
    Total testosterone and IFG-1
    Significant decrease in TRF subjects
    Blood Glucose and Insulin levels
    Decreased significantly only in TRF subjects, with an improvement in HOMA-IR

I broke it down further and if you are going to read research articles it is VERY easy to mis-interpret the data. These decreases in IFG-1 and testosterone would look frightening but they still fall in the normal range.

Now when it comes to "diets" it is quite simple. If it works for you then that is all that matters.

Originally Posted by SkinnyBeast24 View Post
    more on ATP from fellow M.S. brah

ATP: The Energy Currency
    *Energy from ATP hydrolysis powers all forms of biologic work so that is why it’s cells energy currency
    *Potential energy in this nucleotide molecule can power all the cell’s energy requiring processes
    1. Extract potential energy from food and conserve it within bonds of ATP
    2. Extract and transfer chemical energy in ATP to power biologic work
    *ADP is formed when ATP joins with water which is catalyzed by the enzyme ATPase
    -ATPase Reaction cleave ATP’s outer most phosphate bond to release an inorganic phosphate + 7.3k cal of free energy
    *Capability to hydrolyze ATP without oxygen which can generate rapid energy transfer
    *Cytsosol contains pathways for ATP production from anaerobic breakdown of PCr, glucose, glycerol, and the carbon skeletons of some deanimated amino acids.
    *Mitochondria has reactive processes to harness cellular energy to generate ATP aerobically

ATP: A limited Currency
    *Cells must continually resynthesize ATP at its rate of use
    *An imbalance of ATP and ADP and Pi stimulates the breakdown of other stored energy
    Containing compounds to create more ATP.
    *ATP isn’t a huge significant energy reserve which is beneficial due to the heavy weight of the
    Molecule

Phosphocreatine: The Energy Reservoir
    *Anaerobic splitting of a phosphate from PCr can create ATP
    *Creatine kinase catalyzes hydrolysis for PCr
    -Cells store 4 to 6 times more PCr than ATP
    *Short increases in ADP within muscle contraction during exercise shift the creatine kinase
    Reaction toward PCr hydrolysis and ATP production.
    -Does not require oxygen
    *PCr serves as a ”reservoir” of high-energy phosphate bonds.
    *Adenylate kinase uses 2 ADP molecules to produce 1 ATP and 1 AMP
    Important graphs to understanding some information on the pulmonary system. Cardiac Output is the main culprit on why we eventually fatigue in aerobic exerciseQ= HR x SV(stroke volume or amount leaving heart with each contraction)

Key points
    1.) Oxygen travels from higher partial pressures to lower partial pressures.
    2.) You can see a gap with PA02 (oxygen in the alveolar air in lungs) compared to Pa02 (oxygen in arterial blood) as pulmonary ventilation increases to deliver oxygen to the necessary parts of the body
    3.) CO2 in vein (blood returning to heart) naturally increases as we need to expire and rid it out of our systems
    4.) Pulmonary ventilation increases = drop in arterial pH aka blood becomes more acidic so time to breathe

Key points
    1.) Bohr effect

An example would be oxygen saturation of hemoglobin isn't as effective under certain conditions such as an increase in temperature which means not as much oxygen will target the necessary working muscles meaning decreased performance and a quicker reach to fatigue.

The dotted line represents myoglobin which has a much higher affinity in holding on to oxygen. The problem lies with the amount of oxygen that needs to travel from lungs to the working muscles. That is cardiac output and the reason we eventually get gassed as hell.
    And some extra fun facts on lactate
    In steady state exercise, hydrogen oxidizes at same rate as it becomes available
    *Lactic acid is quickly dissociated in body and releases a hydrogen ion.
    -Remaining compounds binds with a positively charged sodium or potassium ion
    To form lactate
    *NAD+ frees up when non-oxidized hydrogens combine with pyruvate to form lactate
    So NAD can accept more hydrogen to produce more ATP
    -Removal of lactate = rate of production
    “high turnover” in endurance athletes
    -ATP formation fails to keep up with pace and rate of use as blood and muscle lactate
    Levels increase

Lactate: A Valuable “Waste Product”
    Once oxygen becomes available, NAD+ finds hydrogens attached to
    Lactate to form ATP via oxidation
    Cori cycle --> removes lactate release from active muscles and uses
    It to replenish glycogen reserves depleted from intense exercise

cliffs or tldr or wtf
    -You don't produce more lactate then what you are expelling. Lactate can actually be converted back to pyruvate and then used to create more ATP. The reason for DOM's is not "lactic acid."

-->
    https://translational-medicine.biome...967-016-1044-0

some cliffs

Fat Mass
    Significant decrease in fat mass (-16.4% - TRF group) compared to (-2.8% in ND group)
    Total testosterone and IFG-1
    Significant decrease in TRF subjects
    Blood Glucose and Insulin levels
    Decreased significantly only in TRF subjects, with an improvement in HOMA-IR

I broke it down further and if you are going to read research articles it is VERY easy to mis-interpret the data. These decreases in IFG-1 and testosterone would look frightening but they still fall in the normal range.

Now when it comes to "diets" it is quite simple. If it works for you then that is all that matters.
    whoa. flashback to grad classes. I havent thought about the cori cycle for years man. And i was terrible with conversions like met rates. I'm bad at math in general though

whoa. flashback to grad classes. I havent thought about the cori cycle for years man. And i was terrible with conversions like met rates. I'm bad at math in general though
    Yea in the heat of it now, actually doing my thesis on anterior pelvic tilt. Gonna be a doozy of a semester but I am loving my advanced sport and physiology classes.

This textbook is life