Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1017brr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks. I guess the main thing im worried about is that in previous years i could just pop it back in instantly and it wouldnt hurt or anything and I could continue playing sports. Now it doesn't pop in so easily and hurts afterwards. And idk if it was swollen even close to that much, but definitely swollen.

So just calf exercises? Im assuming there are also some good videos on youtube for strengthening ankles, any you recommend?

Thanks again.

edit: yea im in college rn and i fell down some stairs in 8th grade and landed weird and this same ankle pretty fukd but i was walking on it the whole day so that probably made it worse. I guess thats where the issues started, but nothing happened during high school and I did football and track (HJ, jump off this foot) so suprised nothing happened then.

MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Should you reduce volume on a cut? And if so should you do it immediately beginning the cut?
    *Hole is Life Crew*
    *Meditation Crew*

N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi tank2003's Avatar
    tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MyBaddBrah View Post
    Should you reduce volume on a cut? And if so should you do it immediately beginning the cut?
    At first. A GOOD cut workout is measured by intensity which you get from your heart rate. One of the keys to a good cut is keeping your heart rate up around 80% of its max. Unless you get on a treadmill and go balls to the wall to get your ACTUAL HR Max, then you rely on the Theoretical Heart rate Max, which is (220-Age)
    Since i'm 31, my Theoretical HRM is 189. When I first got my actual HR, my theoretical was 200 BPM but i got it up to 210. Ive been out of the gym for a year with my back (and i cant run at all anymore) so i dont even want to know what my HRM would be Anyway, you'll want to start slow. I would say a good starting point would be a solid 10 min run (assuming you dont have a high VO2 max) to get the HR up and then go straight into lunges or air squats. generally anything to keep that heart rate up

Originally Posted by 1017brr View Post
    Thanks. I guess the main thing im worried about is that in previous years i could just pop it back in instantly and it wouldnt hurt or anything and I could continue playing sports. Now it doesn't pop in so easily and hurts afterwards. And idk if it was swollen even close to that much, but definitely swollen.

So just calf exercises? Im assuming there are also some good videos on youtube for strengthening ankles, any you recommend?

Thanks again.

edit: yea im in college rn and i fell down some stairs in 8th grade and landed weird and this same ankle pretty fukd but i was walking on it the whole day so that probably made it worse. I guess thats where the issues started, but nothing happened during high school and I did football and track (HJ, jump off this foot) so suprised nothing happened then.
    Its much easier for a sublux to stabilize when you are young. As we get older, common chronic injuries like that just multiply in occurrences especially if you stay active. Just one of those things brah...

“That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    -Dr. Jordan Peterson Sept 2017
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tank2003 View Post
    'Priciate the love guys. Keep the questions coming and i'll keep the knowledge flowing.
    Lol it's obvious which one was mine.

Would still love those dieting tips though

SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SxeSam View Post
    I'm back OP, thanks for responding. It's similar to foam rolling and flossing is compression bands.
    This is what I meant for body tempering: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HT_K...W5j_WwQqkn2zQa
    I would appreciate an answer brah

FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks OP for the quality thread and sharing the knowledge.

Can you recommend in me in your opinion the best hypertrophy workout split?

I just want to compare to what I am currently doing?

oh btw you should market you knowledge on the gram and such, peeps could benefit
    1Rep Max

Deadlift 463 lbs / 210 kg
    Bench 364 lbs / 165 kg
    Squat 419 lbs / 190 kg

5'10" 196lbs

tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hadtodoit View Post
    Lol it's obvious which one was mine.

Would still love those dieting tips though
    ok. Can you be more specific on the tips you are looking for? The more specific you can be, the better i can answer
    Originally Posted by SxeSam View Post
    I would appreciate an answer brah
    Ok i watched the video and that type of rolling and whatnot seems ok to me. I would think a massage is more effective but it would be more painful. I'm not really familiar with this so my POV is pretty limited.
    I do however approve of foam rolling, especially on the back and legs. Because of my low back injury, it makes my hams and quads hurt pretty badly so i will roll them out from time to time.
    Originally Posted by FPS75 View Post
    Thanks OP for the quality thread and sharing the knowledge.

Can you recommend in me in your opinion the best hypertrophy workout split?

I just want to compare to what I am currently doing?

oh btw you should market you knowledge on the gram and such, peeps could benefit
    Hypertrophy is the increase in girth of the muscle fascia. Hyperplasia, is an increase int he number of fascia, and this happens at young ages so you dont have to worry about that.
    My advice to maximize hypertrophy is to approach in cycles. My favorite way is to bulk and lift for strength. I'dd do 3 x 5 on BP (as an example) for a week, then IF i hit all my reps, i'll switch to a 5X5 the next week. If i hit all my reps and sets, then i'll increase the weights (usually just 5-10 lbs at a time) and start over with the 3 x 5 scheme. I do this will all the big lifts; Bench Press, Incline BP, DB Presses, Squats, OHP, Shrugs, Leg Press etc. I' slow the intensity down for shoulders because the shoulder is VERY delicate. Its the MOST unstable joint in the body. With shoulder ISo exercises, they MUST ALWAYS be slow and controlled. And there is proper form to lateral and anterior delt training. I suggest doing a combo of stuff on your own, watching other people at the gym and youtube videos. Now, you'll find some stupid chit on youtube, but thee ARE some bad ass sources like Athlean x, BUFF dudes, Hodgetwins (HILARIOUS mofos. they are experiences, but dont know how to present their advice in an academic way, but they still know what they are talking about)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ok. Can you be more specific on the tips you are looking for? The more specific you can be, the better i can answer
    Here, I'll post my last post here. I'm basically looking for more specific diet details than eat salad for a week, but here I'll paste my whole last post:

1)You can lose up to 10 pounds in one week on most diets, but the bulk of weight loss is water. What is considered "normal" is 2 lbs per week, which i think is lame. I use to drop at least 5, but ive always been pretty muscular. The more muscles you have, the more weight you melt off with relative ease. If you REALLy need to shave some pounds off, then try this. I did this for MEPS. 4 days before I went back to MEPS to get taped, they kept saying i was 23% Body Fat which ws chit and we all knew it. So 4 days before, I kept up with my regular schedule of work and training except all i ate was salads. i got this mexi style chicken salad from wendy with a tasty low calorie dressing and ate 2 or 3 a day. i was STARVING as fuk the whole time but i walked out of MEPS at 15% (i forgot to mention i rubbed prep H on my waist. it works by reducing the blood flow to the applied area so its almost as if your skin shrinks)
    2. Dangers for what? I dont understand what questions.
    3. OK the basic human usually only eats 2 meals a day. You'll need to eat at least 3 meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner. The goal is spike the metabolism. Think of your metabolism as a campfire. You wake up in the A m and the fire just has coals, some twigs and stick. And you need to put some wood on to get the flame going again (remember this campfire is pretty much your metabolism) So what you want to is not let the fire nearly die down, so you put a little bit on here and there, then here comes lunch and if gets a few thick logs and some brush and its going nicely until its time for dinner. Now you put a huge tree trunk on it and some other small branches that gets the fire going HIGH for 15 minutes, but once the small brush gets burned, theres nothing bu the huge logs left. The fire will continue to burnt he logs slowly but it will take forever. So its better to eat moderate meals throughout the day. When you get some hunger pangs, eat somethign healthy to give the fire something burn up

I'm trying to get the takeaway from all of this. Basically all I got from this was eat salad every day for a week with a low fat dressing?

Also, eat 3 meals/day? The interesting thing is I thought there was a lot of science around intermittent fasting which means 2 meals a day and the whole "graze all day to keep metabolism up" was false. Are you sure 3 meals is right?

You said in your previous post there were dangers to a keto diet I'm wondering what that was.

Can you porovide any more detail on some fat shredding diet than eat lettuce for a week?

From Bones to Brawn SkinnyBeast24's Avatar
    SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

22) Energy Systems
    We all have the same energy processes and metabolic pathways to power our bodies. But your fitness level type of training dictates which processes are used the most. Every movement we make starts with the first step, and then proceeds forward. The length of whatever you are doing determines which energy system you halt at. (The terminology may differ from source to source)
    ***1)Stored ATP. Lasts for 2-3 seconds. Ex: A wind up Pitch in baseball.
    ***2)ATP-Pcr (Phospho-Creatine) Complex- Lasts 3-15 seconds; Happens when Creatine Kinase Splits the Phosphate from the Creatine. This does not require Oxygen. Ex: For someone who is not "in shape," an example would be lifting weights that the person can only perform for up to 15 seconds and no more.
    ***3)Anaerobic Glycolysis - Energy Comes from glucose/glycogen which provides fast energy; Lasts 15 seconds to 2 minutes. Ex: 6 inches (when you lay down and lift you straightened legs up 6" in the air and hold them static)
    ***4)Oxidative Phosporylation - Requires Oxygen and lasts from 2-15 min. This is where the Electron Transport Chain, Krebbs cycle occur. Ex: Jogging/Running that you can ONLY perform for 2-15 min and no longer.
    ***5) Lipolysis - The breakdown of lipids in order to fuel the body. Lasts from 30 minutes and up. Ex: Long Distance jogging. This is why marathon runners look like emaciated africans
    1.) Oxidative phosphorylation is just what occurs at the end of the kreb cycle as oxygen is the final electron acceptor. It's not an energy system, but it is the end of the krebs.
    2.) 2 form of glycolysis. Slow and fast. Fast glycolysis results in lactate. Slow glycolysis results in pyruvate which would then enter the krebs cycle for more atp.
    3.) Beta-oxidation needs to be mentioned when you are discussing the breakdown of fats for energy.

and it's not an energy system, but gluconeogenesis is important to discuss as well even though it is never ideal
    Bench 315x1 - Squat 415x1 - Deadlift 515x1 Total = 1,245

3/4/5 Club as of 8-23-2019. Feels good man.

M.S. Exercise Science (2018)
    Certified by: NSCA C.S.C.S, NASM-CPT

6'5 Manmore, 230 pounds, 15% body-fat (Bod Pod tested)

COLTS (football) - Lakers (LeGOAT) - Indians (Baseball) - Uconn Huskies (college) - USA Soccer

Here, I'll post my last post here. I'm basically looking for more specific diet details than eat salad for a week, but here I'll paste my whole last post:

I'm trying to get the takeaway from all of this. Basically all I got from this was eat salad every day for a week with a low fat dressing?

Also, eat 3 meals/day? The interesting thing is I thought there was a lot of science around intermittent fasting which means 2 meals a day and the whole "graze all day to keep metabolism up" was false. Are you sure 3 meals is right?

You said in your previous post there were dangers to a keto diet I'm wondering what that was.

Can you provide any more detail on some fat shredding diet than eat lettuce for a week?
    OK..I'll short hand this since its so late. You need to burn more calories than you take in. so you need to make smarter food choices. Replace regular bread with something like ezekial bread or whole grain breads because they have complex carbs, which take a lot longer to metabolize and yields more energy. Next you to choose lean meats like turkey and wild game if you can find it. Bison is good, but it has so little fat that it lacks in taste so you need to season. Basically the dietary portion of a fat cut is the healthy food choices. Most people eat 3 times a day, but if you bump that up for 5 or 6 small meals a day, then you are less liekly to feel hungry and hit that afternoon drop in energy.

Your training needs to be high intensity, so a solid HIIT regiment is what you need to be doing. I covereed this already for another miscer.

Do this satisfy your question?

Originally Posted by SkinnyBeast24 View Post
    1.) Oxidative phosphorylation is just what occurs at the end of the kreb cycle as oxygen is the final electron acceptor. It's not an energy system, but it is the end of the krebs.
    2.) 2 form of glycolysis. Slow and fast. Fast glycolysis results in lactate. Slow glycolysis results in pyruvate which would then enter the krebs cycle for more atp.
    3.) Beta-oxidation needs to be mentioned when you are discussing the breakdown of fats for energy.

and it's not an energy system, but gluconeogenesis is important to discuss as well even though it is never ideal
    I just kept oxidative Phosphorylation as an energy process because i didnt want to get TOO deep into the enzymes and catalytic reactions. If you want to take what i said, and put your info in, then i will change the original post. I'm just too fukking to to do any more tonight

OK..I'll short hand this since its so late. You need to burn more calories than you take in. so you need to make smarter food choices. Replace regular bread with something like ezekial bread or whole grain breads because they have complex carbs, which take a lot longer to metabolize and yields more energy. Next you to choose lean meats like turkey and wild game if you can find it. Bison is good, but it has so little fat that it lacks in taste so you need to season. Basically the dietary portion of a fat cut is the healthy food choices. Most people eat 3 times a day, but if you bump that up for 5 or 6 small meals a day, then you are less liekly to feel hungry and hit that afternoon drop in energy.

Your training needs to be high intensity, so a solid HIIT regiment is what you need to be doing. I covereed this already for another miscer.

Do this satisfy your question?
    Kind of, but it was a 100% spin from what you talked about earlier. Earlier you mentioned a specific keto diet or something, and mentioned eating lettuce, dropping multiple pounds per week.

Here you just list basic dieting facts and no specific fat shedding diet. It's ok if diet isn't your specialty you are a mastermind with every other category from what it seems so far, and your diet advice is solid but stuff I already know (complex carbs, etc) but the specific keto diet or whatever diet you used to shred pounds was the interesting thing

FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Ok i watched the video and that type of rolling and whatnot seems ok to me. I would think a massage is more effective but it would be more painful. I'm not really familiar with this so my POV is pretty limited.
    I do however approve of foam rolling, especially on the back and legs. Because of my low back injury, it makes my hams and quads hurt pretty badly so i will roll them out from time to time.

Hypertrophy is the increase in girth of the muscle fascia. Hyperplasia, is an increase int he number of fascia, and this happens at young ages so you dont have to worry about that.
    My advice to maximize hypertrophy is to approach in cycles. My favorite way is to bulk and lift for strength. I'dd do 3 x 5 on BP (as an example) for a week, then IF i hit all my reps, i'll switch to a 5X5 the next week. If i hit all my reps and sets, then i'll increase the weights (usually just 5-10 lbs at a time) and start over with the 3 x 5 scheme. I do this will all the big lifts; Bench Press, Incline BP, DB Presses, Squats, OHP, Shrugs, Leg Press etc. I' slow the intensity down for shoulders because the shoulder is VERY delicate. Its the MOST unstable joint in the body. With shoulder ISo exercises, they MUST ALWAYS be slow and controlled. And there is proper form to lateral and anterior delt training. I suggest doing a combo of stuff on your own, watching other people at the gym and youtube videos. Now, you'll find some stupid chit on youtube, but thee ARE some bad ass sources like Athlean x, BUFF dudes, Hodgetwins (HILARIOUS mofos. they are experiences, but dont know how to present their advice in an academic way, but they still know what they are talking about)
    Thanks man, yea I have been doing that pretty much.

I aim at increasing my big 3 while then doing volume work on accessory movements
    1Rep Max

Deadlift 463 lbs / 210 kg
    Bench 364 lbs / 165 kg
    Squat 419 lbs / 190 kg

5'10" 196lbs

Xtcent is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtcent is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtcent is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtcent is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtcent is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtcent is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtcent is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtcent is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtcent is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtcent is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xtcent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Did zyzz have to use roids, because he was an ectomorph? I feel like someone with a different body type could have had simialar results in the same timespan naturally.

Goof loving Jared HockeyBacon18's Avatar
    HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    a mod should sticky this thread, one of the more informational misc threads

ill probably have more questions pertaining to my own training later, but you said you had a VO2 of 65 and 70 was considered elite, and im curious as to how big a difference that is.

Im not that familiar with the VO2 max other than its used in the NHL combine for draft prospects, would the difference between going from 65 to 70 be the same as going from 60-65 or is it like Runescape where going from 1-92 is the same as going from 92-99 in that its much harder to progress once you get closer to elite
    Keep mod discussions out of your sig line

Misc 2018 and 2019 NFL Pick Em Champion- Better luck next year fellas

Resident miscer for the Super Bowl 57 CHAMPION LA Rams.

Kind of, but it was a 100% spin from what you talked about earlier. Earlier you mentioned a specific keto diet or something, and mentioned eating lettuce, dropping multiple pounds per week.

Here you just list basic dieting facts and no specific fat shedding diet. It's ok if diet isn't your specialty you are a mastermind with every other category from what it seems so far, and your diet advice is solid but stuff I already know (complex carbs, etc) but the specific keto diet or whatever diet you used to shred pounds was the interesting thing
    OK. Nutrition specific diets for losing weight are really up to what the individual likes. Me personally, if i have a few weeks to drop weight for whatever reason, then i'll go with a keto or paleo-style diet. Ketogenic diets put you in an almost 24 hour fat burning mode. If you slip and eat some carbs or something, then you'll pause that fat burning cycle for a few hours, but it will resume because you'll be depleted of sugars and carbs so the body will burn through it quick then back to ketone bodies. Like you mentioned, actual dietary reccomendations aren't my specialty, but Here and Here are some good sites to check out.

If i need just a few days to do some cutting, then i'll do a crash diet and just eat rabbit food and protein shakes. but i must convery that you wont feel all that great on this type of diet. You have to stay hydrated or you cany Blood Pressure will drop and you'll be dizzy as phuuuuuuuuuuck

EE Student Master Race Rayaarito's Avatar
    Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm trying to correct my anterior pelvic tilt. Right now, I'm stretching my hip flexors and foam rolling my lower back & hip flexors every morning and sometimes night.

From my understanding, I have to strengthen my abs, glutes and hamstrings. And also my big toe to prevent flat feet which can lead to APT. For hamstrings, i'll just be using the machines at the gym. For glutes, I'll do kick backs at home. For the foots arch I'll be doing that towel scrunch thing. But for abs, I've been a little iffy since everything pretty much uses the hip flexors. I've found exercises that 'turns off' the hip flexors for the upper abs, but not for the lower. Which leads to my question:

What lower ab workouts can i do that doesn't use my hip flexors?

tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Serious question: I pulled my groin a few months ago playing football then I made the injury worse during a deadlift. At the very bottom of the pull I felt something strain deeper than the groin pull, almost between my balls and butthole (seriously).

It hurt me for a few weeks on and off but mostly when I wasn't lifting. At night, laying down I would feel a pain in the bottom of my testicles. I went to see my doctor and she checked for a hernia, but came up negative. So, since Christmas I've taken off lifting with the plan to return in Feb. However, even after a few weeks of non lifting it still bothers me some times just walking around. My doctor said it could be a torn ligament.

I THINK it might have something to do with sitting all day long and not stretching out my hips and hamstrings at all - making the injury worse. is this a thing? Could tight hips hurt or make worse the area?

Thoughts?

I've already covered this one, so i will just quote HIS original question and my advice. If you need some more clarification after.

Originally Posted by KMadigan777 View Post
    On this they talk about positioning with 'tailbone down' position for deadlifts if you have APT. When I do this I feel it far more in the abs, is anything dangerous about this position?
    https://www.t-nation.com/training/7-...or-pelvic-tilt

I have bad APT (yes read the brobrah guide) and wondering if I need to do this 'rib down' thing more.
    Hmm..To be honest, ive never really tried to tackle this. I do know this: The Insertion point (aka the most movable part or the body and muscle) is the pubic symphysis (the green portion in this pic:

Now when your pelvis tilts forward, it takes the abdominals with is, which is why you feel it. I couldnt find a good gif to illustrate this but my man jeff cavalier tackles this. And to the best of my knowledge, i DONT THINK its that bad, but it really needs to be corrected or it can cause all kinds of problems in the low back and knees.

**** Son of Asgard **** TheManofSteel's Avatar
    TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread made me reminisce and remember things from my Graduate school days. Thanks Dude, I won't hijack yah but I can lend a hand every now & again!
    B.S. in Health & Exercise Science / M.S. in Exercise Physiology / (Former) Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist

"There's US & there's THEM; always has been & always will be" - B.F., My Mentor
    "If you're not PASSIONATE about it... it's just another thing" - My Pops

Been Around Too Long Crew / OG Misc'r

tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OK thanks I'll check out the video. I don't think I have much pelvic tilt, but maybe I do and that;s making the groin (pubis area) injury worse?

Originally Posted by TheManofSteel View Post
    This thread made me reminisce and remember things from my Graduate school days. Thanks Dude, I won't hijack yah but I can lend a hand every now & again!
    No worries bro! Throw your knowledge in the mix too! the more knowledge we get going, then the more likely we will look swooooooooooooolllllllllleeeeee @ the next misc convention
    Originally Posted by tats27 View Post
    OK thanks I'll check out the video. I don't think I have much pelvic tilt, but maybe I do and that;s making the groin (pubis area) injury worse?
    It most def can depening on if the APT is a neutral tilt, meaning it doesnt tilt left or right. When it does that, it can raise one side of the hips up higher and that is a GREAT way to start low back issues like mine.

420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 420Layers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you think consuming dairy is detrimental to male sex hormone production, strength & endurance and overall health?

There's been a fair amount of discussion on this all around lifting boards and you can't tell what is broscience and what is not.

Originally Posted by 420Layers View Post
    Do you think consuming dairy is detrimental to male sex hormone production, strength & endurance and overall health?

There's been a fair amount of discussion on this all around lifting boards and you can't tell what is broscience and what is not.
    You know, i am not sup to date on that because i dont consume a lot of dairy (well...milk. LOVE me some cheese and sour cream and whatnot) so i do not consider myself well informed enough to make an accurate answer, but i would say that it probably has some negative effects on male hormone production. I will look into it further and see what i can come up with it. I have heard, however, that alternatives like almond milk give you a huge benefit with less detrimental effects

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm diabetic(Type 1). My endocronolgist told me to never do a full on keto diet becasue it could cause ketoacidosis. She said low carb is fine becasue muscles only use glycogen for fuel.

What happens when the body goes to ketoacidosis?

How does a keto diet make the body go on ketoacidosis?

I thought muscles can use fat as fuel but my endo says gycogen is the only fuel source?
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    I'm diabetic(Type 1). My endocronolgist told me to never do a full on keto diet becasue it could cause ketoacidosis. She said low carb is fine becasue muscles only use glycogen for fuel.

What happens when the body goes to ketoacidosis?

How does a keto diet make the body go on ketoacidosis?

I thought muscles can use fat as fuel but my endo says gycogen is the only fuel source?
    DKA is an ABSOLUTE fatal threat for Type I diabetics. You'll be dehydrated, slurring speech, uncoordinated motion, your breath will smell fruity or like acetone (almost unmistakable because it is almost 100% poisonous alcohol because its usually made with Isopropyl), you appear to be drunk and you'll me in metabolic acidosis. #1 cause of Type I's in hospital. lethargic, hyperventilation because of a build up of CO2 and keto acids
    Causes: M.I.G.S.
    Myocardial Infarction Stressor
    Infection - Stressor
    GI Bleed - MAJOR Stressor
    Sepsis - Most likely to kill you

Pathophysiology: You arent eating enough or getting enough insulin. Blood sugar/Potyassium SPIKES and you are starving. You eat and take in sugars and you get even more starving for fatty acids and this produces ketones because of the lack of insulin. The sugary blood goes to the kidneys to be filtered and you piss more than ever which dehydrates you (osmotic diuresis).
    Ketoacidosis stems from too many ketone bodies being synthesized from adipose tissue (fat cells). This happens when you drastically limit your carbohydrate intake, which has glucose and glycogen (and the body can covert this and that to glucagon) and like your Doc said, glucose and glycogen are the only fuel for muscles. Ketone bodies are formed when you have depleted your glucose/glycogen intake and storages, so the body makes energy elsewhere (adipose tissue). So the muscles arent straight up using fat for energy, but the compounds in the fat cells.
    Tips:
    -Get yourself some ketoacidosis strips and use them daily if you are on a keto diet
    -Commit to managing your diabetes. Make healthy eating and physical activity part of your daily routine. Take oral diabetes medications or insulin as directed.
    -Monitor your blood sugar level. You might need to check and record your blood sugar level at least three to four times a day — more often if you're ill or under stress. Careful monitoring is the only way to make sure your blood sugar level remains within your target range.
    -Adjust your insulin dosage as needed. Talk to your doctor or diabetes educator about how to adjust your insulin dosage in relation to your blood sugar level, what you eat, how active you are, whether you're ill and other factors. If your blood sugar level begins to rise, follow your diabetes treatment plan to return your blood sugar level to your target range.
    -Check your ketone level. When you're ill or under stress, test your urine for excess ketones with an over-the-counter urine ketones test kit. If your ketone level is moderate or high, contact your doctor right away or seek emergency care. If you have low levels of ketones, you may need to take more insulin.
    -Be prepared to act quickly. If you suspect that you have diabetic ketoacidosis — your blood sugar level is high, and you have excess ketones in your urine — seek emergency care.

Best of luck bro. At the VERY least, you probably have a good diet because of your condition, but thats not reason to lax on staying informed.

KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingofLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've got two major problems:

Both of my shoulders are fuked. I have been unable to progress past 225 in the bench for the past 5 years due to re-injuring my shoulder over and over again.

In certain positions my shoulder pops out of the socket (aka bringing my arms closer to my body, like im hugging something). If however i spread my arms out to the sides there seems to be a tightness running down from my neck all the way through my elbow, like a tendon thats stuck or something. Also if i massage a certain spot on my scapula there seems to pain shooting through my anterior deltoid, or front of the shoulder. I've been doing more back exercises because I believed it would help balance out the muscles, but it seems that my back is getting tighter as well as my shoulders.

My other problem is in my knee. I've had one my knee's popping without any pain when I squat. IIRC it happened on day when I was stretching my hamstring. It felt like I stretched it too far. The next week my knee was swollen, and after the swelling went down, my knee was popping. There is no weakness or anything, just popping. Sometimes it pops whenever I straighten out my leg and dorsiflex my ankle.

Pls help
    *Reps everyone who negs crew*
    *Track Crew*

Originally Posted by KingofLifts View Post
    I've got two major problems:
    Both of my shoulders are fuked. I have been unable to progress past 225 in the bench for the past 5 years due to re-injuring my shoulder over and over again.

In certain positions my shoulder pops out of the socket (aka bringing my arms closer to my body, like im hugging something). If however i spread my arms out to the sides there seems to be a tightness running down from my neck all the way through my elbow, like a tendon thats stuck or something. Also if i massage a certain spot on my scapula there seems to pain shooting through my anterior deltoid, or front of the shoulder. I've been doing more back exercises because I believed it would help balance out the muscles, but it seems that my back is getting tighter as well as my shoulders.
    *I covered this on the first page, but i do not mind touching on it again because its a MAJOR common problem*
    25) Why your shoulders hurt...Most likely
    So every other hour or so, I see a thread asking why my shoulders hurt, and it pretty much always has to do with their BP. 90% of us strive for that big bench, and sacrifice form to do so. ANYTIME your exercise requires you to bend the elbow (under resistance), your elbows should always be tucked into your lats. To have your elbows pointing out at a 90 degree angle is completely wrong. You may be able to push more weight that way, but you are causing tons of damage to your rotator cup muscles and the glenoid labrum. When it comes down to it, BP isn't really a stellar chest exercise because it doesnt even replicate the primary action of the Pectorals muscles. The action of the Pectorals is adduction of the humerus (recreating the chest fly motion).
    Shoulder Subluxations:
    The shoulder is a ball and socket joint, meaning it can rotate 360 degrees. HOWEVER is is the most unstable joint in the human body because:
    1. The glenoid fossa (the surface where the humerus articulates with and forms the "shoulder") is VERY shallow as compared to the hip, which is the same type of diarthrodial joint.

Comparison of shoulder and hip:

2. The Rotator cuff muscles are the ONLY thing that holds your shoulder together. These 4 muscles are small, weak and fatigue easily (these are the arm wrestling muscles).

and here is a closer look; all 4 muscles originate at different points, but insert almost at the same point. Just one small convergence of muscles to keep your joint stable...

Every time you sublux your shoulder, which is what you are doing this:

or for a bone on bone look:

Its a common issue, especially in sports where you have to perform overhead motions with weight. What you need to do to prevent this happening is:
    1. Work those shoulders. ISO them twice a week if you have to, otherwise, you can tear the glenoid labrum (the cartilage between the humerus and scapula). The stronger the muscle, the more stable the joint. Would you rather have 3" chains holding your shoulder together, or kite string?
    2. Recognize what induces the subluxation and avoid at all costs.
    3. Sleep with a pillow under each arm. this is the the best pic i could find, but i place the pillows as if i were carrying them under my arm (and just lay down like that). This puts space between your body and hunerus and takes the strain on the shoulder.

Preventative measures on next post

I neglected to mention that you should tuck your elbows (or at most flare them out to no more than 45 degrees. The more you flare, the more the RC strains and the likelihood of shoulder pain ensues.
    EX: Bench Press, Overhead Press, Bicep Curls, Tricep extensions, Dips etc
    Last edited by tank2003; 01-13-2017 at 03:02 PM.

CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Okay. You state that eating smaller, more frequent meals increases your metabolism. But some of the research suggests that this is - at best - minimal. http://www.alanaragonblog.com/wp-con...a-analysis.pdf
    https://www.elitefts.com/education/d...my-metabolism/

Would you say that both caloric intake and percentage(s) of macros are more important?

I currently do an upper/lower split, (a mix between Dr. Casey Butts and Lyle McDonald's generic bulking routine) as a natural trainee.

You state that you can increase natural testosterone can be increased by IF. How?
    **New Jersey Crew 201**

Never discourage anyone... who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.

Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.

Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos - the trees, the clouds, everything. - Thich Nhat Hanh