Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
    N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi tank2003's Avatar
    tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mincemeister View Post
    hey tank, thanks for the thread. read it all the way through and will keep reading more.

i have read that a bro split, consisting of working out 6 days a week, different body part each day like:

day 1: chest
    day 2: back
    day 3: abs
    day 4: off/cardio
    day 5: shoulders
    day 6: legs
    day 7: arms

which is my current routine, is not as good as working a body part twice a week for size, although i have seen size. i am going to switch it uo, but i was wondering about your take on it.

i also read that i may be overtraining with my workout, i do around 6-8 [3 sets, 8-12 reps slow and controlled] exercizes in a 45-60 minute span and limiting my growth, using too much intensity and volume, more than a natty can physicqlly handle making muscle growth or size gains be inhibited. what is your take?

my source is various article on t-nation. what do you yhink about the validity of that site, as most people om there eat carrots
    As long as you are getting enough REST (rest ≠ sleep always) and proper nutrition (hitting you macros including Amino acids that are essential for recovery), then over training shouldnt be a huge concern. Although, 6-8 exercises is probably as high as you want to go per muscle group, and that is only after you have quite a bit of time under your belt in the gym.

What i mean is, the only way you can do 8 different exercises as a noob is by doing light to moderately heavy weights. if your goal is hypertrophy, then you need to be getting as close to failure as possible. But as a noob, this almost certainly WILL send you into over training. You have to allow your central nervous system plenty of time (1 to 3 months) to adjust to the new demands you are putting on yourself.

All in all, if this split is what works for by all means, stick with it! I prefer a 3 day split with a few more days off. Of course, i have to take a few extra precautions that most people dont but such is life for a diesel

Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    My right clavicle keeps clicking whenever I move my right shoulder. I can feel it click around and move around the collar bone. How do I fix this?
    I'm assuming this is happening at your lateral clavicle? (i.e. where the clavicle meets your scapula).

3 Main Causes:
    1. Synovial fluid cavitations. Each synovial joint has this fluid in it that helps reduce friction between cartilage articulation points. When you over stretch these joints, the joints release CO2 gas that forms bubbles that sometimes rapidly collapse inwards and cause the cracking sounds *non-painful*

2. Bicep tendon misalignment. The biceps track along the biciptal groove in the humerus and some times, the muscle will pop out of alignment and leave the groove and then pop back in. *generally painful* This is ususally caused by poor posture and found especially in office workers who are at computers all day. The shoulders hunch forward and the delts/pecs become tight (sometimes the muscle fibers actually shorten making this worse). Best thing to do is work on re. Keep your shoulders pulled up and back

3. Arthritis. Not a lot you can do about this except strengthen the muscles around the joint and stay hydrated
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    -Dr. Jordan Peterson Sept 2017
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tank2003 View Post
    As long as you are getting enough REST (rest ≠ sleep always) and proper nutrition (hitting you macros including Amino acids that are essential for recovery), then over training shouldnt be a huge concern. Although, 6-8 exercises is probably as high as you want to go per muscle group, and that is only after you have quite a bit of time under your belt in the gym.

What i mean is, the only way you can do 8 different exercises as a noob is by doing light to moderately heavy weights. if your goal is hypertrophy, then you need to be getting as close to failure as possible. But as a noob, this almost certainly WILL send you into over training. You have to allow your central nervous system plenty of time (1 to 3 months) to adjust to the new demands you are putting on yourself.

All in all, if this split is what works for by all means, stick with it! I prefer a 3 day split with a few more days off. Of course, i have to take a few extra precautions that most people dont but such is life for a diesel

I'm assuming this is happening at your lateral clavicle? (i.e. where the clavicle meets your scapula).

3 Main Causes:
    1. Synovial fluid cavitations. Each synovial joint has this fluid in it that helps reduce friction between cartilage articulation points. When you over stretch these joints, the joints release CO2 gas that forms bubbles that sometimes rapidly collapse inwards and cause the cracking sounds *non-painful*

2. Bicep tendon misalignment. The biceps track along the biciptal groove in the humerus and some times, the muscle will pop out of alignment and leave the groove and then pop back in. *generally painful* This is ususally caused by poor posture and found especially in office workers who are at computers all day. The shoulders hunch forward and the delts/pecs become tight (sometimes the muscle fibers actually shorten making this worse). Best thing to do is work on re. Keep your shoulders pulled up and back

3. Arthritis. Not a lot you can do about this except strengthen the muscles around the joint and stay hydrated
    It's actually at the medial area towards the neck side.

you are mince meat mincemeister's Avatar
    mincemeister is not very well liked. (-100) mincemeister is not very well liked. (-100) mincemeister is not very well liked. (-100) mincemeister is not very well liked. (-100) mincemeister is not very well liked. (-100) mincemeister is not very well liked. (-100) mincemeister is not very well liked. (-100) mincemeister is not very well liked. (-100) mincemeister is not very well liked. (-100) mincemeister is not very well liked. (-100) mincemeister is not very well liked. (-100)
    so i can't work out only 4 days a week, i would rather work out 6 days because gymming is basically my addiction so tell me what you think
    i have some time under my belt lifting
    day 1: chest and tris
    day 2: back and bis
    day 3: legs and shoulders
    day 4: abs/cardio
    day 5: chest tri
    day 6: back bi
    day 7: legs shoulders

do you think thus is overkill?
    maybe i should only do my compounds on days 1-3 then go lighter doing accessory work 5-7? i read too much compound work overloads your cns, but if i could i would like to stick to compound lifts 2x a week. i mean on leg and shoulder day id do 2 compounds (squats and military).
    would ab day be considered a rest day or is it crucial to have a real rest day w no cardio involved.
    tell me your thoughts. i am all natty, no supps or anything just food so

happy thanksgiving
    Last edited by mincemeister; 11-24-2017 at 10:22 AM.

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz
    What do you think of the book "Into the Zone"?

tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry fellas. I totally neglected my thread over the holidays

Originally Posted by mincemeister View Post
    so i can't work out only 4 days a week, i would rather work out 6 days because gymming is basically my addiction so tell me what you think
    i have some time under my belt lifting
    day 1: chest and tris
    day 2: back and bis
    day 3: legs and shoulders
    day 4: abs/cardio
    day 5: chest tri
    day 6: back bi
    day 7: legs shoulders

do you think thus is overkill?
    maybe i should only do my compounds on days 1-3 then go lighter doing accessory work 5-7? i read too much compound work overloads your cns, but if i could i would like to stick to compound lifts 2x a week. i mean on leg and shoulder day id do 2 compounds (squats and military).
    would ab day be considered a rest day or is it crucial to have a real rest day w no cardio involved.
    tell me your thoughts. i am all natty, no supps or anything just food so

happy thanksgiving
    hhmmm...It seems like it would be ok. I would imagine that your day 4 (abs *you should be doing CORE rather than just abs though*/cardio) would get boring and you'd quickly start looking for something to add on so the time spent seems adequate to your other days. I use to use almost that exact same split, and it served me well until i switched it up and began doing:
    -Chest/Back
    -Shoulders/Legs
    -Arms
    -Core

and my results were MUCH more noticable. I finally got past my bicep plateau (in size. I was stuck at around 17" for a long time and was finally able to get to around 19" and also was able to get some major mass on my traps). One thing people tend to do with workouts, is get in a groove and steer away from experimentation as if changing things up will make them regress or stop making gains. Shocking things up may not ALWAYS garner hypertrophy, but you will just about always increase aerobic/anaerobic capacity or overall strength.

I did hit full body 2 x/week for a few months and I distinctly remember having to take extra precautions so i wouldnt tweak my shoulders, impinge something in my back or just over do it.
    -Pay extra attention to hydration and kcal intake
    -You'll need to include BCAAs to ensure you get enough Amino Acids like glutamine so you can recover adequately before your next session
    -Put more effort into setting a rest/sleep schedule so your CNS recovers as well. When your CNS starts to overload, headaches start to come in waves, you wont be as hungry, your vision tends to blur, you'll even be short tempered with people
    -I would Try to include some LISS cardio every few days. This sometimes blows if you are sore all the time, but it can help you recover faster. I know, it sounds counter-intuitive but i learned this in the army. It takes a HELL OF A LOT of drive to do this though

Keep me posted on your progress and anythign that stands out so that i can relay this to the next person who asks

Originally Posted by TheDukeUSMC View Post
    What do you think of the book "Into the Zone"?
    Ive never read a single book on nutrition or fitness outside of undergrad/grad work or personal trainer classes. Its just not fun for me. Too much like reading text books. All my knowledge is from university, PT courses, stuff from the misc/internet or (the VAST majority) is personal experience. Have you read it?
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tank, what's the best way to ease back into back squats?

Also as someone who hasn't squatted since August, how should I progress into squatting 3-4 times a week?

Also is it true that the knee experiences the most stress when it's undertaking a load when it's the femur and shin are at 90 degrees?

Originally Posted by squirrell751 View Post
    Tank, what's the best way to ease back into back squats?

Also as someone who hasn't squatted since August, how should I progress into squatting 3-4 times a week?

Also is it true that the knee experiences the most stress when it's undertaking a load when it's the femur and shin are at 90 degrees?
    What kept you from squatting if you dont mind me asking?

squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What kept you from squatting if you dont mind me asking?
    I was about to make my edit because I felt stupid not including information why.

I don't know if you remember but I made an earlier post about a possible herniated disc. I hurt my lower back, took about 10 weeks off to be extra safe, although made the mistake of completely laying off the gym. I tried squatting the other day and everything felt light and great, which scared me because I knew I would sooner than later become too greedy and try to creep onto the heavier weights too quickly, so I thought I'd ask how should I ease back into squats? I wouldn't count this other day I tried squatting as a real squat session as it was just 185 and 225, mostly to get the body back into the movement/groove sort of thing and test out the movement. I did like 5 reps at most at 225. But srs it felt like nothing, felt good man.

Also trying to make pause squats a routine, which is why I asked if the knee experiences the most stress/pressure when the femur and shin are at 90 degrees? Is it better to pause well below 90?

Originally Posted by squirrell751 View Post
    I was about to make my edit because I felt stupid not including information why.

I don't know if you remember but I made an earlier post about a possible herniated disc. I hurt my lower back, took about 10 weeks off to be extra safe, although made the mistake of completely laying off the gym. I tried squatting the other day and everything felt light and great, which scared me because I knew I would sooner than later become too greedy and try to creep onto the heavier weights too quickly, so I thought I'd ask how should I ease back into squats? I wouldn't count this other day I tried squatting as a real squat session as it was just 185 and 225, mostly to get the body back into the movement/groove sort of thing and test out the movement. I did like 5 reps at most at 225. But srs it felt like nothing, felt good man.

Also trying to make pause squats a routine, which is why I asked if the knee experiences the most stress/pressure when the femur and shin are at 90 degrees? Is it better to pause well below 90?
    I think i recall the post but i'm not positive. If you suspect a herniation, then you REALLY need to see a doc. Take it from me bro...My user sig doesnt say "Bad back brah" for no reason. I ruptured my L5/S1 in 2012 and the surgery fixed the disc itself, but i also had a ton of calcification from arthritis and bone spurring (which is a secondary and unrelated issue) and the removal of those resulted in scar tissue the size of my thumb that almost wraps completely around my left sciatic nerve. Now, i can only be on my feet for a few minutes before i have to sit or lay down. Not trying to scare you, but here is a quote from this thread

Originally Posted by nosirrahx View Post
    Herniated disk had me immobilized for 5 days in the hospital followed by a 6 month recovery.

Worked at a warehouse when I was younger. I reached into the pick slot and my right middle finger just clipped the palette above. A piece of wood went under my fingernail all the way to the base of the nail. As bad as that hurt pulling it out was worse. As they pulled it out the pain was so bad that my nervous system simply shut down and went right to the floor. As they pulled it out it was like getting tasered to the back of the neck.
    My point is, nerve related issues are ABSOLUTELY no joke. It is I-N-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y better to go see your doc and get an MRI to be sure that your disc is kosher than to screw your chit up and regret it like me. I'll never recover and be 'normal' again bro. I've been able to get back a lot of my gains even with my messed up back, but i'd give up these 18.5" arms and 400 lb Bench Press just to be able to go on a fun run again anytime i want. Serious.

Anyway, you are correct. The knees and the low back take all the weight when you are at the transition point between eccentric and concentric phase of the squat. This is the vulnerable time for the knee because the ACL's job is to control anterior tibial translation (how much the tibia moves in relation to the femur) as the knee joint bends and as the knee flexes, the ACL is stretched more and more. The Ligaments and tendons (ligaments moreso) are not like muscles in the respect that they have an exponentially less blood flow (that doesnt sound grammatically correct) because they do not function like muscles. They do not atrophy or hypertrophy like muscles so they do not need a substantial blood supply. But since they have poor blood supplies, they do not heal, if at all. (Tendons heal at a much faster rate than ligaments, but still at a MUCH slower rate than muscles. If you tear either a ligament or tendon, then it just about always requires a surgical intervention because of this. Both of these tissues are fibrous/collagenous connective tissues rather than meaty regenerative tissue). Anyway, when you hit the pause point, it is VERY important that you do not bounce or quickly rush through this transition phase or things tend to tear because the energy transition is too fast for the tissue. This is true for EVERY SINGLE EXERCISE, but most exercises have meaty muscles to bolster the joints so the detrimental effects arent usually as bad. Since we use our knees like...ALL THE TIME....its a cruel twist of fate.

In your case, i would reccomend that your try front squats at first. This way, the load isnt directly on your spine, and you wont be able to do as much weight as a rear squat. Your thoracic spine will have some time to adjust to the loads you will subject to it as well. You might also want to focus 2 days per week on strengthening your core as well to prevent any further future disc issues. Try this:

I think i recall the post but i'm not positive. If you suspect a herniation, then you REALLY need to see a doc. Take it from me bro...My user sig doesnt say "Bad back brah" for no reason. I ruptured my L5/S1 in 2012 and the surgery fixed the disc itself, but i also had a ton of calcification from arthritis and bone spurring (which is a secondary and unrelated issue) and the removal of those resulted in scar tissue the size of my thumb that almost wraps completely around my left sciatic nerve. Now, i can only be on my feet for a few minutes before i have to sit or lay down. Not trying to scare you, but here is a quote from this thread

My point is, nerve related issues are ABSOLUTELY no joke. It is I-N-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y better to go see your doc and get an MRI to be sure that your disc is kosher than to screw your chit up and regret it like me. I'll never recover and be 'normal' again bro. I've been able to get back a lot of my gains even with my messed up back, but i'd give up these 18.5" arms and 400 lb Bench Press just to be able to go on a fun run again anytime i want. Serious.

Anyway, you are correct. The knees and the low back take all the weight when you are at the transition point between eccentric and concentric phase of the squat. This is the vulnerable time for the knee because the ACL's job is to control anterior tibial translation (how much the tibia moves in relation to the femur) as the knee joint bends and as the knee flexes, the ACL is stretched more and more. The Ligaments and tendons (ligaments moreso) are not like muscles in the respect that they have an exponentially less blood flow (that doesnt sound grammatically correct) because they do not function like muscles. They do not atrophy or hypertrophy like muscles so they do not need a substantial blood supply. But since they have poor blood supplies, they do not heal, if at all. (Tendons heal at a much faster rate than ligaments, but still at a MUCH slower rate than muscles. If you tear either a ligament or tendon, then it just about always requires a surgical intervention because of this. Both of these tissues are fibrous/collagenous connective tissues rather than meaty regenerative tissue). Anyway, when you hit the pause point, it is VERY important that you do not bounce or quickly rush through this transition phase or things tend to tear because the energy transition is too fast for the tissue. This is true for EVERY SINGLE EXERCISE, but most exercises have meaty muscles to bolster the joints so the detrimental effects arent usually as bad. Since we use our knees like...ALL THE TIME....its a cruel twist of fate.

In your case, i would reccomend that your try front squats at first. This way, the load isnt directly on your spine, and you wont be able to do as much weight as a rear squat. Your thoracic spine will have some time to adjust to the loads you will subject to it as well. You might also want to focus 2 days per week on strengthening your core as well to prevent any further future disc issues. Try this:
    [youtube]IZcOAQoE81A[/yo

utube]
    It was more like a self diagnosed webmd doctor type of thinking. I feel fine now, just weak and flat in the lower half of my body. I don't want to sound like an expert here, but I don't think there's a nerve issue at all as I don't feel any tingling down my leg or any sharp pain running down from the deep buttocks and what not.

I appreciate this post a lot, I think that's a good idea in working back on with front squat first to not only strengthen the core and legs, but reduce load that the spine experiences.

Tasthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What would be the most likely reason for having an uneven stance whilst squatting?

Always find my left foot ends up 2-3 inches forward compared to the right.
    Bench: 292.5/ Squat: 405 /Deadlift: 500

Originally Posted by Tasthetic View Post
    What would be the most likely reason for having an uneven stance whilst squatting?

Always find my left foot ends up 2-3 inches forward compared to the right.
    does it move during the time it takes you to squat?

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz
    [QUOTE=tank2003;1536081561

Ive never read a single book on nutrition or fitness outside of undergrad/grad work or personal trainer classes. Its just not fun for me. Too much like reading text books. All my knowledge is from university, PT courses, stuff from the misc/internet or (the VAST majority) is personal experience. Have you read it?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Portion control, know what you are eating, look down at your plate, etc, etc.

Are energy drinks bad for you?
    So then I should drink coffee only?
    Does too much caffeine "burn" you out?

Originally Posted by TheDukeUSMC View Post
    Yes. Portion control, know what you are eating, look down at your plate, etc, etc.

Are energy drinks bad for you?
    So then I should drink coffee only?
    Does too much caffeine "burn" you out?
    The world's most psychoactive drug. We pay more for coffee than we do for gas. Aint that some chit?

Energy drinks are kind of a mixed bag. 400 mg (if memory serves) is the daily allowance of caffeine. A 20 oz soda usually clocks in with ~50 mg. These are safe levels. (But keep in mind, energy drinks are not regulated in any sense and they get more and more caffeine dumped into them every day. To throw you for a loop, on the supplement facts, they will say Caffeine per 12 oz, or caffeine per 3.5 oz). Coffee is where it starts to get hairy. They contain around 100 mg each. Black rifle coffee (US Army Vet Owned company) has around 200 mg per cup. Caffeine works by stimulating the nerves int he brain and central nervous system. Its actually almost identical to adenosine (which calms the nerves), but caffeine blocks the uptake of adenosine so its sort of like a shot of NOS (just not as strong. Cant think of a better analogy here). The effects will last a few hours and then its usually time for another cup/drink.

Coffee vs Energy drinks

Coffee, especially if you grind your own beans, is MUUUUUUUCH better for you. Sure, there is stuff added to them, but in comparison to what's added in energy drinks, it pails ion comparison. In addittion to the caffeine, there is allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll kinds of extra stuff added, like B vitamins. If you are B deficient or insufficient, then that is a good thing, but those cases usually only occur in 3rd world countries. Like i said above, there is no regulation on how much caffeine is in energy drinks. They can say they put 200 mg in them, when really they put 1000 mg. As for the heart, if you stay within safe levels and space your intake out through the day with adequate water intake, then all is well. There is no medical reason to stay away from caffeine in that case.

I dont think coffee can "burn you out" but your body does adjust to regular consumption. Heart and blood pressure increases when you consume caffeine (natural effect) and staying int he safe zone is fine. The rise in heart rate and BP is probably less than what it would raise to if you walked on a treadmill. But the constant intake, especially above the safe levels puts a lot of strain on your heart and CNS. It usually takes a whole lot for the user to notice (whether its blurry vision, muscle cramps, headache/migraine, shakiness, stuttering, sweating/chills etc) when they are taking in too much and even then, they may not attribute it to over use. Repetitive over use does have an effect on you. Your body can only desensitize so much and when it reaches its limits, kidneys start to be effected and then hypertension sets in. The heart can even enlarge in some cases.

I would stick to coffee and 4 cups throughout the day

JakeMuckey is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Help!

I lost about 170lbs going on 6 years ago now from 365 down to 190-200lbs and I'm in decent shape but I'm still a little bit saggy and it really bothers me I've got loose skin on my lower abdomen and my lower chest sags a little bit is there anything I can do to tighten that up with supplements or training would it be possible to build more muscle to fill it out any advice you can offer is much appreciated

Originally Posted by JakeMuckey View Post
    I lost about 170lbs going on 6 years ago now from 365 down to 190-200lbs and I'm in decent shape but I'm still a little bit saggy and it really bothers me I've got loose skin on my lower abdomen and my lower chest sags a little bit is there anything I can do to tighten that up with supplements or training would it be possible to build more muscle to fill it out any advice you can offer is much appreciated
    Congrats on the beast mode you went into brah! Thats one hell of a journey! However, there is no such thing as loose skin. Its just fat tissue that hasnt been metabolized yet. You see, we never lose the fat cells we are born with. We only increase the number of them. Fat cells increase in size until they l ook like they are ready to burst, then they split in 2, and swell again and split and repeats. When we lose weight, the body burns up all the energy that we take in from the food we eat and it still needs more, so it pulls from the stored energy, which is fat. So the energy is pulled from the fat cells and the cell shrivels up, but doesnt "disappear." The ONLY way to remove those cells is liposuction. Some people who lose wayyyyyyy more weight than you have it surgically removed. I'm not sure what its called, but surgeons literally cut a 4" "belt" from the midsection, and then suture the gap together.

The best advice is to keep cutting. There is no such thing as spot reduction as the body draws from fat storages from all over. I know that is frustrating as fuk though. A quick and TEMPORARY fix is preparation H or generic hemorrhoid creme. Sounds weird but it works by reducing the blood flow and fluid from the area. I used it to make tape at MEPS for the army. I went in on monday and failed tape at "23%," then went back on thursday with prep H rubbed on and was "18%."

jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Alright brah so I’ve always had really weak quads/hamstrings (calves are thick and strong for some reason), and my flexibility has always been piss poor. I can’t squat down too low and I can’t even go forward that much when doing toe touches without feeling major tightness behind my knee. I don’t squat because of this. Would stretching my quads and hamstrings improve depth when squatting? And should I start working hip abductors/adductors more? (hardly ever do so)
    Last edited by jesusxchrist; 12-06-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    Follow my IG @kaseyx_music and listen to me on Spotify

Buy my sticker: kaseyx.bigcartel.com

samsoned is not very well liked. (-100) samsoned is not very well liked. (-100) samsoned is not very well liked. (-100) samsoned is not very well liked. (-100) samsoned is not very well liked. (-100) samsoned is not very well liked. (-100) samsoned is not very well liked. (-100) samsoned is not very well liked. (-100) samsoned is not very well liked. (-100) samsoned is not very well liked. (-100) samsoned is not very well liked. (-100)
    What can be done for sore shoulders? Also is a foam mattress the best mattress?

Originally Posted by jesusxchrist View Post
    Alright brah so I’ve always had really weak quads/hamstrings (calves are thick and strong for some reason), and my flexibility has always been piss poor. I can’t squat down too low and I can’t even go forward that much when doing toe touches without feeling major tightness behind my knee. I don’t squat because of this. Would stretching my quads and hamstrings improve depth when squatting? And should I start working hip abductors/adductors more? (hardly ever do so)
    If your thighs are weak and the tendons are tight around the knee, then you will probably need to spend a FAIR amount of time stretching them out so that you can maybe one day do a full squat. . How close can you get to your toes? Ive always had low back issues so ive regularly stretched. I went to see a rheumatologist a year or so ago and was able to go palms to the floor. He made me do it several times because he thought i was cheating. Then he told me not to do it because it was stretching the ligaments and tendons in my back. he was so jelly of my flexibility that he knew he almost had to give me his coat and license because i'm so manly (I went full GMiscer). Regaining flexibility will take some time though because its going to be painful (to a certain degree) and it takes muscles a while to get use to stretching (different from "lengthening" like they would do during an eccentric contraction). You are doing some neuromuscular damage/tearing when stretching which is why it takes a while and need recovery time.

I like to do some light cardio before i stretch and get some blood flow going so the stretch feels a lot better. (Ass opposed to what i use to do in high school playing soccer: get out on the cold as field and stretch then run. Muscles are like rubber bands; They stretch better when warm). Then i'll do some toe touches, unilateral stretches, groin stretches, calves and so on. As far as your question about hip abd/adductors, yes, you should. Weak abd/adductors can lead to popping/cracking/snapping int he hip (like in the shoulder), and not to mention it magnifies issues that keep you from squatting
    Here is just one consequence of a weak adductor

Originally Posted by samsoned View Post
    Im just going to assume they are sore from a workout. Shoulders, especially deltoids, arent easily stretched out, no that stretching them alleviates a whole lot of soreness anyway. Best thing to do is to carry on as usual, and keep the blood flowing to the muscles so that nutrients are continuously flowing to them, and waste is taken away. Massage is decent if you can handle that when sore.

Originally Posted by samsoned View Post
    forgot to mention the mattress. I'm not positive about that, but from what i hear, yes.

jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the advice as always mane.

Just took my exercise physiology final today and made an 88. Honestly much better than I thought I’d do since I had a tough time with this class. Definitely gonna spend my free time reading up on the material. Wondering if I should take Clinical Exercise Physiology or Advanced Exercise Physiology next fall. I’m thinking clinical.

Originally Posted by jesusxchrist View Post
    Thanks for the advice as always mane.

Just took my exercise physiology final today and made an 88. Honestly much better than I thought I’d do since I had a tough time with this class. Definitely gonna spend my free time reading up on the material. Wondering if I should take Clinical Exercise Physiology or Advanced Exercise Physiology next fall. I’m thinking clinical.
    tough call. I prefer applied vs clinical, but thats just me. See if you can track down someone who took both and see what they say.

tough call. I prefer applied vs clinical, but thats just me. See if you can track down someone who took both and see what they say.
    Uni only gives me an option between clinical and advanced Thinking the clinical will have more of an applied aspect to it. + I have two other classes to take which are Health Related Fitness Assessment and Fitness Programming & Exercise Prescription

k3l3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) k3l3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) k3l3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) k3l3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) k3l3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) k3l3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) k3l3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) k3l3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) k3l3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) k3l3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) k3l3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    does lifting regularly increase glycogen storage in muscles, like sometimes after not lifting for a while muscles feel flat even if i am eating carbs but if I lift and still eat same amount of carbs they feel fuller if that makes any sense.

Originally Posted by k3l3 View Post
    does lifting regularly increase glycogen storage in muscles, like sometimes after not lifting for a while muscles feel flat even if i am eating carbs but if I lift and still eat same amount of carbs they feel fuller if that makes any sense.
    Yes. Regular training does increase glycogen storage capacity. If not, then we would never be able to progress past the first plateau. Runners are best at doing this

How’d you get your personal training certification bro? Thinking I should get certified and get some experience since a lot of these jobs with an exercise science degree require personal training experience.

I got my first cert through Fitour/ Cheap, online, could do at my leisure. I was working on my internship at the time and was all i needed for my degree so i got certified to try and get a PT job and get a better revenue flow going before i got a better, more widely accepted certification like AFAA or ACSM. My uni offered AFAA classes once a semester to whoever was interested. I believe MS State does several every semester. Otherwise, i think they still hold regional classes monthly where you attend a 3 day workshop, then do the standardized and practical test on the last day

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    does it move during the time it takes you to squat?
    this happens to me, during my squat my left foot seems to creep up a bit
    You never wont know what you cant achieve until you dont achieve it.

Originally Posted by djansen View Post
    this happens to me, during my squat my left foot seems to creep up a bit
    i'm not sure ive ever encountered this issue. Could be as simple as just placing a bit more focus on keeping your feet planted. Perhaps have someone watch your sets (or record yourself) and see if you can pin down when exactly your foot starts to creep forward. I cant imagine that there would be much you could do to correct this other than focusing on keeping it planted or securing it down somehow. Perhaps you could rest your heels on a 5 lb plate.

xs650 is a name known to all. (+5000) xs650 is a name known to all. (+5000) xs650 is a name known to all. (+5000) xs650 is a name known to all. (+5000) xs650 is a name known to all. (+5000) xs650 is a name known to all. (+5000) xs650 is a name known to all. (+5000) xs650 is a name known to all. (+5000) xs650 is a name known to all. (+5000) xs650 is a name known to all. (+5000) xs650 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Recently got diagnosed with an Inguinal hernia, any suggestions for taking care of it and recovery? Day to day seems to change; one day i cant walk up stairs without serious pain others its totally fine but I don't have any dates for specialists/surgery yet. They are taking forever to get back to me.