Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi tank2003's Avatar
    tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BWisBatman View Post
    Hey there,

19M. Doing calisthenics irregularly for about 2 years.

So, at the beginning of last year, I woke up with an intense pain in my right shoulder. The day before, I worked out my triceps using dumbbells, by performing overhead tricep extension. The pain went away on it's own within a month, and I took a break for about 4-5 months since the injury. After the break, I started doing Freeletics, and it worked pretty well for me. This year, on February, I felt a sharp intense pain on my same right shoulder while doing assisted one hand push ups. The pain lasted more than the last time. I went to see a physiotherapist, and was diagnosed with shoulder impingement. They perform a massage therapy for weeks, and gave my some rotator cuff exercises ( ext/ int rotations )for strengthening. I performed them on a daily basis, and the pain came back. I stopped doing them afterwards, and was told that, the pain was due to DOMS. I again took a break for around 5 months due to the injury.

3 weeks ago, I realized the pain was gone. And I started working out. Everything went fine for about 2 weeks. I wasn't doing any shoulder strengthening exercises along with my workouts.

Today, while performing pull-ups, I couldn't do more than 5. When I switched to doing negative pull ups, I wasn't able to control the motion at the bottom of the pull ups. I felt sharp pain in my right shoulder, at the bottom of the pull ups. I stopped doing that. Though, I was able to perform push-ups with a slight realization of pain on my right shoulder throughout my current workouts and today as well.

What's wrong with my shoulder ? And, what should my next move be ?
    This is probably a bit over my head, but i'll throw out some knowledge, guesses and recommendations.
    My first thought was impingement as well. 9 times out of 10, sharp sudden pains will most likely always be nerve related. Nerve pain is COMPLETELY different from musculoskeletal pain because different parts of the nervous system are responsible for the innervations and naturally, different chemicals are released. Anyway, when nerves become involved, the problem may not become more serious, but the issue will become a bit more complex. Muscles heal 5-8 times faster than nerves, so a nerve injury will linger and nag you for a while. But, in this instance, it doesnt sound like you over torqued your shoulder and visited snap city or anything. Shoulder issues are VERY common because the shoulder is the most unstable joint int he human body. The joint itself is very poorly "designed," the muscles the hold the humerus in the socket (the rotator cuff muscles) are very small, weak and fatigue VERY easily, so injuries like subluxations and dislocations occur often. Anyway, there are a few issues that concern the physiology of the shoulder that require a formal Dx from a physio or a PT. One of those is something like a hooked acromion. That is a muscle and bone related though. Anyway....watch these videos and see if this helps you at all.

Originally Posted by AutobotsAttack View Post
    Quick question:

This is referring to lady issues, although this affects men as well.

Concerning the deadlift and squat, I've done quite a few pelvic floor exercises, I even did them regularly before even stepping foot into a gym. I have had no kids, regular menstruation cycles, however I did have some ovarian issues that I've recovered from a good few years ago. No surgery was needed.

Upon reaching heavy maxes on either of the two lifts I occasionally will pee a bit. I've read page after page, article after article saying this is a normal thing occasionally and some saying it's not normal.

Personally I would like to not have this happen. I make sure to go to the bathroom beforehand as well. I do not have bladder issues, nor any infections, or UT issues.

I wanted to ask your opinion? Does the pelvic floor adapt just like any other muscle concerning how heavy the weight is? I don't think I have a weak bladder but then again anything is possible. Would the adductor muscles have anything to do with this occurrence? Should I strengthen them more? Is this just due to the placement of female organs, or just being a female anatomically speaking?

This does not happen every single time, but enough for me to pay attention to it.

Thanks in advance.
    Wow...um.Well, the pelvic floor muscles are all skeletal muscles which means we have control over them (unlike smooth and cardiac muscle which we dont (They contract/relax on their own). If you do the exercises, they you should be eliminating the problem. I'll be honest though, i've never dealt with the issue at all so that is the limit of my knowledge. Maybe someone on the female misc knows more about the subject
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    -Dr. Jordan Peterson Sept 2017
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

AutobotsAttack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks man

From Bones to Brawn SkinnyBeast24's Avatar
    SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by horsediente View Post
    Tank, this is my first time posting in this thread. Could you give a list, however long or short it might be, of some of the scholarly journals you follow that are centered around strength/conditioning or sports nutrition? I have read a ton of books by pro bodybuilders and the like who have practical experience with weight training, but would really like to balance out my knowledge by getting acquainted with academic/scholarly research perspectives on resistance training. I have a graduate degree in an unrelated field, so dense academic writing does not frighten me, lol. Thanks in advance.
    You can get a pro membership to the NSCA and access to the journal of strength and conditioning for like 120 dollars a year. It's worth it if you like reading what is out there.

Also, advanced fitness on reddit (reddit, i know) does have good articles being posted constantly.

SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
    What does the dipping/rising line indicate? Muscle damage? Muscle size? Muscle strength?
    The rising line indicates a super compensated athlete. A proper application of high-grade stress that caused a severe alarm reaction and hormonal release within the individual. This, in turn, signals a massive resistance stage response, turning the athlete into an anabolic stage that leads to positive adaptation.

The decreased line is the severe alarm reaction from resistance training or w/e stimuli you put on the individual. This signals a massive catabolic hormoneal release. In turn, this forces the body to rebuild the damaged tissue and refill metabolic stores.

That's why periodization is so important, and there are many ways of doing so.

Linear periodization (with tons of research) is the BEST for novice. Always.

More advanced, that's when you can start utilizing block periodization, undulating periodization, the conjugate method, etc.

Originally Posted by dulcis View Post
    Related to this topic, I had a question from last night in the gym. I started weight training only around December '16 but not at ALL consistently. I have only been 2 months consistent so I am still rather new.

I figured out a routine last week after trial and error + instructional videos for a lower body routine that is heavily glute focused. It made specifically my butt pretty sore. Four days later, yesterday, I went to do the same routine but added a little extra weight on the earlier workouts.

When I got to hip abductor though (I sit out of the seat to really hit the glutes) I dropped from 130 to 110 for my max weight. I literally couldn't do 130 where as last time I could have done 150.

Is it just that I need even longer to recover? Or, did I overdo it on the other lifts and so I just had nothing left? For reference, I push myself until I am shaking and to failure.
    One workout. Too many variables. Sleep, nutrition, and just regular life stressors can be at play.

I'd have to see the overall volume of your workout (sets,reps,weights)...and go from there.

Nothing wrong hitting a body part twice a week and 4 days is plenty to recover from, but there's too many variables that could be the reason why the weight felt harder on that accessory lift.

jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Kinda off topic but can I ask what kinda jobs have you found with your degree OP? I'm currently majoring in the same thing.
    Follow my IG @kaseyx_music and listen to me on Spotify

Buy my sticker: kaseyx.bigcartel.com

tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jesusxchrist View Post
    Kinda off topic but can I ask what kinda jobs have you found with your degree OP? I'm currently majoring in the same thing.
    Not a cot damn one other than a personal trainer. If you live in a an economically sound area then you can make a nice living doing it, but I dont. HOWEVER, you dont need a 4 year degree to be a PT. It helps a chit ton because your theoretical knowledge will be a good bit ahead of the competition (as opposed to joe blow who started lifting at age 15 and did the 3 day weekend course). You REALLY need a SOLID ass plan if you want to stay the course and though. Go ahead and get a plan B, C and D in place too. Get some business classes under your belt, nutrition courses...hell, get some massage therapy classes in there if you can. The more you can do to make yourself harder to turn away, the better
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesusxchrist has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tank2003 View Post
    Not a cot damn one other than a personal trainer. If you live in a an economically sound area then you can make a nice living doing it, but I dont. HOWEVER, you dont need a 4 year degree to be a PT. It helps a chit ton because your theoretical knowledge will be a good bit ahead of the competition (as opposed to joe blow who started lifting at age 15 and did the 3 day weekend course). You REALLY need a SOLID ass plan if you want to stay the course and though. Go ahead and get a plan B, C and D in place too. Get some business classes under your belt, nutrition courses...hell, get some massage therapy classes in there if you can. The more you can do to make yourself harder to turn away, the better
    So my best option would probably be going back to school and becoming an RN after I finish this degree? I always liked kinesiology but it started dawning on me that I have no idea wtf to do with it.
    Follow my IG @kaseyx_music and listen to me on Spotify

Buy my sticker: kaseyx.bigcartel.com

Originally Posted by jesusxchrist View Post
    So my best option would probably be going back to school and becoming an RN after I finish this degree? I always liked kinesiology but it started dawning on me that I have no idea wtf to do with it.
    Honestly, i'd say jump to nursing ASAP. Or there is always Vocational degrees. I'd imagine that youd get paid better with a voc degree in much less time and effort

KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey tank what are best exercises for knee pain? Its strange I got some really situational patella pain, I can do deadlifts fine with hundreds of pounds but then if I even just stand up wrong (usually knees further forward) it is nearly enough pain to floor me. I can stick my butt out and stand up that way without pain.

Originally Posted by KMadigan777 View Post
    Hey tank what are best exercises for knee pain? Its strange I got some really situational patella pain, I can do deadlifts fine with hundreds of pounds but then if I even just stand up wrong (usually knees further forward) it is nearly enough pain to floor me. I can stick my butt out and stand up that way without pain.
    Do you do leg extensions? These are usually causes for patellar tendonitis type pains. With these pains, you'll USUALLY feel them going UP stairs, sometimes down (which is when i felt them). I'll let Athlean X tell you why Leg extensions are bad for you in the video below. The reason why i'm immediately going with tendinitis here is because:
    1. Limited Info
    2. In the fitness world, the most common ailments are most common for a reason.
    3. The VAST VAST majority of people just dont know enough to recognize that this exercise or that exercise that they see joe shmoe doing in a magazine, on social media or on tv, is terrible. So they recreate it thinking it is the way to go
    4. You hear hoof beats, you think: Horses. Not Zebras.
    Here is a very good explanation and treatment protocol for Jumper's Knee

Here is Jeff Cavalier with another explanation and substitutions for leg extensions

If you dont think tendinitis accurately applies to you then we can reassess

BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have crazy anterior pelvic tilt. I've foam rolled and tightened my glutes for 6 months as they were too loose, I do plenty of running and squatting using my glutes, they are not weak or inactive anymore. Yet the only way I can get my pelvis into normal alignment is to squeeze my glutes. Surely normal people with no tilt do not go walking around all day with contracted glutes?

Originally Posted by BuddyBoyo View Post
    I have crazy anterior pelvic tilt. I've foam rolled and tightened my glutes for 6 months as they were too loose, I do plenty of running and squatting using my glutes, they are not weak or inactive anymore. Yet the only way I can get my pelvis into normal alignment is to squeeze my glutes. Surely normal people with no tilt do not go walking around all day with contracted glutes?
    i dunno brah. Never had APT so i cant speak for them. lol

Gman1999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman1999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman1999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman1999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman1999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman1999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman1999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman1999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman1999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman1999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman1999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if I drink 1 beer daily how will it impact my physique. assume that I am not consuming an extra 200 cals a day because ill cut 200 cals out in order to fit beer into macros

squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squirrell751 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sometimes when I'm sitting in my car or certain chairs, I get a sharp pain in my left glute that runs to the medial of my quad and into the anterior of my knee. This is a pinched nerve right? It never occurred to me until recently, but I've come to the conclusion that it very well could be. Any other thoughts on what it might be and what I should do in terms of stretching or corrective exercises?

Originally Posted by Gman1999 View Post
    if I drink 1 beer daily how will it impact my physique. assume that I am not consuming an extra 200 cals a day because ill cut 200 cals out in order to fit beer into macros
    gotta factor in how many kcals you burn in a day, but look at the whole equation over a week long period. Are you still burning more kcals than you take in? Because the laws of weight loss still apply here
    Originally Posted by squirrell751 View Post
    Sometimes when I'm sitting in my car or certain chairs, I get a sharp pain in my left glute that runs to the medial of my quad and into the anterior of my knee. This is a pinched nerve right? It never occurred to me until recently, but I've come to the conclusion that it very well could be. Any other thoughts on what it might be and what I should do in terms of stretching or corrective exercises?
    It very well could be, though I would imagine you would feel it in other circumstances though. You'd need an MD, PT or at the very least an Xray for confirmation. Though i would recommend a highly rated chiro for treatment

pv97 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I squat heavy and reach depth there's a sharp pain on my right lower lat. kinda odd tbh, do you think this is like a mobility issue or

Originally Posted by pv97 View Post
    When I squat heavy and reach depth there's a sharp pain on my right lower lat. kinda odd tbh, do you think this is like a mobility issue or
    not mobility because mobility is more related to the temperature of the muscles and the contractile force/distance related to their temperature. Look at it like this. If you have a rubber band, will it stretch farther when you remove it from a freezer and stretch it or when its been in your pocket?

Originally Posted by BuddyBoyo View Post
    My thesis research is actually on a resistance training program designed purely to fix this.

You have to look at the pelvis as if there are 4 quadrants that each need something.

Core work, lower back stretching, hamstring/glute work, and quad stretching are what needs to happen at each quadrant surrounding the pelvis. Ideally, 3 times a week for about 3 months. It is preferred to give up back squats b/c that puts you into anterior pelvic tilt and reinforcing posture you are trying to reverse. If you go crazy without squatting, then do front squats.

Once i publish my research, i can provide more info on it
    Bench 315x1 - Squat 415x1 - Deadlift 515x1 Total = 1,245

3/4/5 Club as of 8-23-2019. Feels good man.

M.S. Exercise Science (2018)
    Certified by: NSCA C.S.C.S, NASM-CPT

6'5 Manmore, 230 pounds, 15% body-fat (Bod Pod tested)

COLTS (football) - Lakers (LeGOAT) - Indians (Baseball) - Uconn Huskies (college) - USA Soccer

tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Got an MRI last week regarding a lower abdominal / groin / rectum (!) pains Ive been having on and off for almost a year. Normal wear and tear found on hips, plus a slight impingement, but no news of a hernia nor herniated gut or butt.

My ortho says he doesn't know what is causing the pain. I can do deads and cleans with little to no pain, but squats are pretty much out of the question as is sprinting and heavy lunges.

What's a good leg fill in for squats that won't bother the damaged area but can still give me the meaty power of a squat.

I have been doing a ton of volume on leg extensions, but....

Originally Posted by tats27 View Post
    Got an MRI last week regarding a lower abdominal / groin / rectum (!) pains Ive been having on and off for almost a year. Normal wear and tear found on hips, plus a slight impingement, but no news of a hernia nor herniated gut or butt.

My ortho says he doesn't know what is causing the pain. I can do deads and cleans with little to no pain, but squats are pretty much out of the question as is sprinting and heavy lunges.

What's a good leg fill in for squats that won't bother the damaged area but can still give me the meaty power of a squat.

I have been doing a ton of volume on leg extensions, but....
    wow. Um...well. since there is no known cause for your pain, its REALLY hard to suggest an exercise or plan. It actually borderlines on irresponsible since we dont know the cause, we dont know what will make it worse. Since the pain is in the hips, that is the area we need to avoid most likely. BUT the quads and hams cross 2 joints (hips and knees) so they have to be hit from both joints to be effective. The only exercise i can think of off the top of my head is leg extensions/curls but leg extensions arent very good for your ACL. They tend to give you very sore knees. The more time i put into thinking about this one, the more stumped i get. Try to pay more attention to your movements. Ex: What SPECIFICALLY aggrivates the pain? Is in femoral flexion or extension, internal or external rotation, femoral adduction or abduction etc..

random questions:
    1. Have you every had a hip injury where you thought you might have torn something?
    2. Did the Radi-tech give you a dye injection? Scar tissue is hard to see in MRIs without the contrast

tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wow. Um...well. since there is no known cause for your pain, its REALLY hard to suggest an exercise or plan. It actually borderlines on irresponsible since we dont know the cause, we dont know what will make it worse. Since the pain is in the hips, that is the area we need to avoid most likely. BUT the quads and hams cross 2 joints (hips and knees) so they have to be hit from both joints to be effective. The only exercise i can think of off the top of my head is leg extensions/curls but leg extensions arent very good for your ACL. They tend to give you very sore knees. The more time i put into thinking about this one, the more stumped i get. Try to pay more attention to your movements. Ex: What SPECIFICALLY aggrivates the pain? Is in femoral flexion or extension, internal or external rotation, femoral adduction or abduction etc..

random questions:
    1. Have you every had a hip injury where you thought you might have torn something?
    2. Did the Radi-tech give you a dye injection? Scar tissue is hard to see in MRIs without the contrast
    Thanks for the reply. No dye in the MRI. The hip injury never felt too bad, jst a gradual build. The groin and butthole pain I knew immediately when they happened though.

The most painful movements are deep squats and a fast sprints. After speaking to my doctor some more, she seems to think the hip pain is totally unrelated to the groin/rectum pain. Her guess is this -

"There is a minor tear like a hernia would have and when I'm squatting with all that weight 315-404 normally, the pressure is herniating and causing the damage / pain the next day, but when I'm not lifting so heavily the "hernia" recedes, thus unnoticeable by the MRI"

I have been doing a lot of extension volume and just keeping it light plus cycling to get my leg work in for now.

tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tonyparker69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    okay, why not.

let's see. i've had knee pain for the past 5 or so years, that started during/right after a summer where i played (touch) football almost every day. noticed it at first as a sharp shooting pain when i tried squatting, on the outside, more lower section of my knee. have tried rest, ice packs, foam rolling whatever, still can't do legs. last time i tried maybe 2 years ago, i was able to squat, very uncomfortably, building up to like 95lb squat for about 2 weeks before it started hurting again during the lift, and so i stopped again. MRI says grade 1 chondromalacia or something, x rays all good. nowadays i don't do legs, can't even get into the start position for deadlifts and rows without pain, feels unstable all the time, inflammation/pulsing/tightness often just laying in bed or even just sitting in a chair at work. for some reason i can run though, used to run 2 years back every now and then without much pain. i mean it'd hurt afterwards a bit but it was nothing compared to playing basketball where i can't even walk the next day lol.

GPs gonna book an appt with a sports medicine doctor, but that's gonna take a while (canada ayy). until then if there's anything to help, wat do?
    ***Canadian Crew***

KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's the deal with over training? Real? Meme?

I know some people will be like 'impossible to overtrain' etc. But if I am lifting heavy, after about a month of so I will really just start feeling worn out (tired, sore for days on end) etc. I take 3-4 days off and feel good to go.

Originally Posted by KMadigan777 View Post
    What's the deal with over training? Real? Meme?

I know some people will be like 'impossible to overtrain' etc. But if I am lifting heavy, after about a month of so I will really just start feeling worn out (tired, sore for days on end) etc. I take 3-4 days off and feel good to go.
    Overtraining is VERY possible especially if you arent getting your macros every day and resting enough. If you are like me, you dont sleep well in your own bed. I cant keep a solid sleep schedule to save my friggin life. I only feel rested every 5 or so days. even in the army i was still dragging ass all the time.

Specifically, over training is when the physical demands you are placing on yourself exceed your body's ability to meet and repair the damage. If you dont meet your nutritional requirements, then your body will have to draw on storages, which is metabolically expensive and especially harsh when you arent resting enough to give yourself enough time to repair some damage

Originally Posted by tats27 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. No dye in the MRI. The hip injury never felt too bad, jst a gradual build. The groin and butthole pain I knew immediately when they happened though.

The most painful movements are deep squats and a fast sprints. After speaking to my doctor some more, she seems to think the hip pain is totally unrelated to the groin/rectum pain. Her guess is this -

"There is a minor tear like a hernia would have and when I'm squatting with all that weight 315-404 normally, the pressure is herniating and causing the damage / pain the next day, but when I'm not lifting so heavily the "hernia" recedes, thus unnoticeable by the MRI"

I have been doing a lot of extension volume and just keeping it light plus cycling to get my leg work in for now.
    Well, i dont understand why they didnt use contrast. I mean, I have a SERIOUSLY jacked up low back. I ruptured my L5/S1 and the surgery that fixed that left scar tissue the size of my thumb that wraps almost completely around my sciatic nerve. I had an MRI at the local hospital and they didnt use dye so the impression was interpreted as a massive disc herniation. When i had another one WITH contrast, it was clearly scar tissue which changed things drastically. But I guess the Doc knows whats best. When you see another doc, specifically ask about that though, just to be certain. I really dont know what to suggest here though. Its real hard to Dx from the other end of a comp and its especially dangerous when the pain is idiopathic. But if you have found some exercises that dont hurt too bad, then i'd roll with those. Hop on youtube and look at athlean x and Dr Jo. I emailed Dr. Jo the results of my MRI (the one done without the contrast) and she called it. She said she thought there might be scar tissue causing the issues and when i had the MRI w/contrast she was totally right. If you have the interpretation of the MRI, then i'd try emailing her to see what she says

Originally Posted by tonyparker69 View Post
    okay, why not.

let's see. i've had knee pain for the past 5 or so years, that started during/right after a summer where i played (touch) football almost every day. noticed it at first as a sharp shooting pain when i tried squatting, on the outside, more lower section of my knee. have tried rest, ice packs, foam rolling whatever, still can't do legs. last time i tried maybe 2 years ago, i was able to squat, very uncomfortably, building up to like 95lb squat for about 2 weeks before it started hurting again during the lift, and so i stopped again. MRI says grade 1 chondromalacia or something, x rays all good. nowadays i don't do legs, can't even get into the start position for deadlifts and rows without pain, feels unstable all the time, inflammation/pulsing/tightness often just laying in bed or even just sitting in a chair at work. for some reason i can run though, used to run 2 years back every now and then without much pain. i mean it'd hurt afterwards a bit but it was nothing compared to playing basketball where i can't even walk the next day lol.

GPs gonna book an appt with a sports medicine doctor, but that's gonna take a while (canada ayy). until then if there's anything to help, wat do?
    Runners knee usually stems from a few different issues:
    -poor alignment due to a congenital condition
    -weak hamstrings and quadriceps (the muscles in the back and front of your thighs)
    -muscle imbalance between the adductors and abductors (the muscles on the outside and inside of your thighs)
    -repeated stress to your knee joints, such as from running, skiing, or jumping
    -a direct blow or trauma to your kneecap

If you have flat feet that makes you more proned to it as well. The best way to keep from making it worse is to strengthen your quads, hams, adductors and abductors. This will stabilize the patello-femoral joint and minimize un-necessary movement. I think you can also get some shoe inserts to help combat flat feet, but i would see a doc about that. The wrong shoe inserts can make knee, hip and low back issues wayyyyyyyyyy worse

Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So I am getting back into body building after not being able to walk well for 3 years. I was walking better 3 days after the leg surgery than I was in those 3 years.

Anyways I am running into an issue that I'm debating on making a thread on. I want to productively start working out again. Problem is I am getting way too sore for way too long. Even if I'm dividing it up into certain days for certain things, I will be sore for 4-5 days. Is there a way to speed up that recovery time? Any tricks or tip?
    Last edited by Alluna; 10-20-2017 at 12:28 AM.

Originally Posted by Alluna View Post
    So I am getting back into body building after not being able to walk well for 3 years. I was walking better 3 days after the leg surgery than I was in those 3 years.

Anyways I am running into an issue that I'm debating on making a thread on. I want to productively start working out again. Problem is I am getting way too sore for way too long. Even if I'm dividing it up into certain days for certain things, I will be sore for 4-5 days. Is there a way to speed up that recovery time? Any tricks or tip?
    Are you talking about your entire body is having a much harder time recovering from DOMS or just some muscle groups?

Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluna will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you talking about your entire body is having a much harder time recovering from DOMS or just some muscle groups?
    My whole body. I take leg day easy but it's everything. Shoulders (near pecs), abs, and legs mainly but everything.

Originally Posted by Alluna View Post
    My whole body. I take leg day easy but it's everything. Shoulders (near pecs), abs, and legs mainly but everything.
    Did your diet change? Or your rest cycle? Something physiologically has definitely changed that is for sure. Has anything else changed for you also? Appetite, general sluggishness etc? I'm wondering if maybe you need to hop on TRT. You could try supplementing l-glutamine but that def wont fix your problem. Other than that, I dont have an answer for you man. This is most likely something going on in your integumentary system. After i had my surgery, my t levels plpummeted and i became hypothyrodic. I was always sluggish and 'meh' in the gym with little motivation. It's worth looking into i' say