Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NEXTEPICBULG91 View Post
    hey tank whats up? so i have a quick question that you have probably answered in some variation but ill ask anyway..

training everyday? yay or nay?

do you believe with time the body will eventually adapt? i ask because im a waiter and i work literally every single day, and i also work out everyday as well. i listen to my body and there are days in which ill take off (primarily lower body days in between days in which i know ill have busy shifts).

You need recovery for supercompensation. Unless you're on skittles then ignore anything I say.

0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyBeast24 View Post

You need recovery for supercompensation. Unless you're on skittles then ignore anything I say.

Sorry not my intention to hijack the thread but just want your opinion on my post to op on the previous page. The split I suggested ( 1/2/3/1/2/3/off/repeat) wouldn't seem like too much volume?
    "You think this is a f**king game?"

***sloots gon sloot crew***
    *** the only woman I'll ever trust is my mother crew***

Registered User SameSongandDanc's Avatar
    SameSongandDanc will become famous soon enough. (+50) SameSongandDanc will become famous soon enough. (+50) SameSongandDanc will become famous soon enough. (+50) SameSongandDanc will become famous soon enough. (+50) SameSongandDanc will become famous soon enough. (+50) SameSongandDanc will become famous soon enough. (+50) SameSongandDanc will become famous soon enough. (+50) SameSongandDanc will become famous soon enough. (+50) SameSongandDanc will become famous soon enough. (+50) SameSongandDanc will become famous soon enough. (+50) SameSongandDanc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey man, you overlooked my post.. sorry about any inconvenience i may be causing you
    does me burning 2400 calories a day sound accurate if i am 24, 5'6, 178 pounds and my activity level is cardio 2-4 times a week? would 2400 calories a day be accurate if i was 24, 5'6, 178 pounds and did a short heavy lifting session of like 7 sets 3x a week or would that be more like 2700?

also, are diet drinks okay.. are they really treated as 0 calories in my diet?

thanks in advance my man, really appreciate all the help
    Last edited by SameSongandDanc; 07-27-2017 at 07:39 PM.

MBoux2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBoux2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBoux2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBoux2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBoux2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBoux2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBoux2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBoux2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBoux2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBoux2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBoux2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MBoux2000 View Post
    Ok question. I'm looking for a good routine to get started on and build some real muscle and strength. Is this ICF 5x5 routine a good idea https://www.muscleandstrength.com/wo...novice-workout

I've been working out for a year and a half and never did compounds until a month ago, hardly ever seen any sort of progress whatsoever and it's getting really discouraging. Also I'm 5'9 and 168lbs. I have a bit of belly fat but not an obese amount or anything like that. I want to gain muscle as well as lose that bit of belly fat, but gaining muscle is my biggest priority. How do I work out properly to do this and what do I eat? And yes I read the stickies and I'm still confused. I was never super consistent on my old programs and I only used weight machines. So a month ago I did a complete 360 and switched to free weights entirely. I've noticed a bit of a strength improvement but absolutely nothing physique wise yet. And I really want to look muscular. I have a bit of coordination issues so my lifts are lower but I'm working on getting them up...

I've tried a million different workouts and never gotten any sort of results. I need something where I'm going to notice a change in my strength and size. I started stronglifts but I feel it doesn't have enough exercises so that's why I was thinking ICF 5x5 instead.

What do you think?? Should I post a picture of myself.
    just resharing this as I think it got accidentally missed

BlackScorpio91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackScorpio91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackScorpio91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackScorpio91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackScorpio91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackScorpio91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackScorpio91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackScorpio91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackScorpio91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackScorpio91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackScorpio91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you do concurrent periodization?
    His Name Is Robert Paulson.

Winston... tell them... Tell them all... Whoever comes, whoever it is... I'll kill them. I'll kill them all.

SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkinnyBeast24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 0rders View Post
    Hey tank.
    First of all I'd just like to thank you for taking the time doing all of this and answering our questions brah!

I've always had a weak abdominal area, however I do a lot of back extensions/deadlift along with other lower back exercises, so I'd say I have a moderate core strength. Still, its not great, and I would just like to ask you about your favorite/most effective core strength/ abdominal exercise for stability and hypertrophy.

Again, thanks for taking the time!
    Just to add some extra information here.

Core training needs to be either anti-extension, anti-lateral flexion, anti-rotation.

Anti-extension

--> love this one

Anti-lateral flexion

--> DB works fine

Anti-Rotation

I disagree with Boyle on certain things, but his approach to core is really good

Originally Posted by 0rders View Post
    Yeah,I understand. Appreciate your help once again, so you believe that routine is superior to regular 5 day /1 muscle group/week split?. Also thank you for the routine, I'll start it now to work on my recovery. What rep ranges should I go for on the various compounds/accessories on day 1/2/3 to maximize stimulating hypertrophy gains? And warm ups?

Were you thinking one could for example do it like this: day 1/2/3/1/2/3/off-> repeat? More training frequency than a normal 5 day split
    How long have you been training?
    What are your training goals?

Linear periodization is going to be the most ideal for novice athletes. I'm a fan of summated microcycles or 3 weeks of training/1 deload week. You can run some pretty simple programs for quite a while as a novice and see great physiological adaptations.

Once you get some training years under your belt, that's when I personally think block periodization is the best.

In a 6 day split, you have to be very good at managing the intensity and volume or you will be doing too much and not reaching super compensation.

I'd need more info about you before I'd say whether or not a 6 day program would work.

Once you have 2-3 years of training age, once a week just doesn't cut it anymore....and there are more effective ways to program

I'm a huge fan of upper/lower splits sprinkling in an accessory day if you want to get some bodybuilding work done.

0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0rders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How long have you been training?
    What are your training goals?

Linear periodization is going to be the most ideal for novice athletes. I'm a fan of summated microcycles or 3 weeks of training/1 deload week. You can run some pretty simple programs for quite a while as a novice and see great physiological adaptations.

Once you get some training years under your belt, that's when I personally think block periodization is the best.

In a 6 day split, you have to be very good at managing the intensity and volume or you will be doing too much and not reaching super compensation.

I'd need more info about you before I'd say whether or not a 6 day program would work.

Once you have 2-3 years of training age, once a week just doesn't cut it anymore....and there are more effective ways to program

I'm a huge fan of upper/lower splits sprinkling in an accessory day if you want to get some bodybuilding work done.
    Thank you man, pmed you.
    "You think this is a f**king game?"

***sloots gon sloot crew***
    *** the only woman I'll ever trust is my mother crew***

tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

***announcement****

What's up fellas? I'm going to be taking a break for a few weeks. I have some personal stuff I need to address and attend to. When i return, i'll answer your questions like always. Wish me luck guys.
    VO2 Max=65 mL/(kg�min); Max Power Output=2250 watts; Max BP=465 lbs; B.S. Applied Clinical Exercise Physiology; Ask me your training questions here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173292071; 11x/11A
    *TheDukeUSMC/dj924s Crew* **In on TimOP Thread 07Oct2017**

Bitch Lasagna

MatthewChav is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MatthewChav is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MatthewChav is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MatthewChav is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MatthewChav is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MatthewChav is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MatthewChav is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MatthewChav is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MatthewChav is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MatthewChav is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MatthewChav is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Did you have to wear a Course uniform - like a Polo and Course Trakkies/Jogers or was any subtle colour allowed!!

Did any phags also not comply with the regs!!? This is very much so on these courses in the UK bruv!!!!

Brozef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brozef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brozef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brozef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brozef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brozef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brozef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brozef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brozef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brozef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brozef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

What does the dipping/rising line indicate? Muscle damage? Muscle size? Muscle strength?
    ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢

I got big & strong by reading the stickies.

dulcis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Related to this topic, I had a question from last night in the gym. I started weight training only around December '16 but not at ALL consistently. I have only been 2 months consistent so I am still rather new.

I figured out a routine last week after trial and error + instructional videos for a lower body routine that is heavily glute focused. It made specifically my butt pretty sore. Four days later, yesterday, I went to do the same routine but added a little extra weight on the earlier workouts.

When I got to hip abductor though (I sit out of the seat to really hit the glutes) I dropped from 130 to 110 for my max weight. I literally couldn't do 130 where as last time I could have done 150.

Is it just that I need even longer to recover? Or, did I overdo it on the other lifts and so I just had nothing left? For reference, I push myself until I am shaking and to failure.

Skin4arm is just really nice. (+1000) Skin4arm is just really nice. (+1000) Skin4arm is just really nice. (+1000) Skin4arm is just really nice. (+1000) Skin4arm is just really nice. (+1000) Skin4arm is just really nice. (+1000) Skin4arm is just really nice. (+1000) Skin4arm is just really nice. (+1000) Skin4arm is just really nice. (+1000) Skin4arm is just really nice. (+1000) Skin4arm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey OP what kind of training can i do if ive blown my achellies tendon and i am about %80 recovered.
    My calf muscle gets tight if i train alot or walk alot on it and i massage it every now and again.. ive torn my calf muscle in the past due to over stretching and the achellies inury.

I have a rotator cuff injury in the left shoulder.
    It causes tennis elbow and scapula pain.

What exercises can i do to make it stronger? its about 80% healed but it is weak. cant do any pull or pushing with it.

Pm me plz.
    MMA Analyst.
    Powerlifting Crew.
    Dream bulked Crew : Did Gomad 2 litres of milk a day crew ( max 3 litres )

bramboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
    What does the dipping/rising line indicate? Muscle damage? Muscle size? Muscle strength?
    Physical performance level.

A super compensatory effect (which is a short decrease in physical performance followed by a resulting increase in performance post recovery) is only achieved when an individual reaches a certain state of overreaching (a less sever stage of over training). The state needed to achieve a super-compensatory response as shown in the diagram is called 'functional overreaching', this can be achieved when there is a planned increase in physical stress over a microcycle, for example a few weeks prior to a competition. It is crucial that this planned increase in physical stress is managed properly and not continued for a prolonged time - if so then this can develop into the overtraining syndrome. Likewise a sufficient recovery of around >4 days can normalise any physiological negative alterations caused by functional overreaching, meaning a compensatory increase in performance can occur during this time frame.
    Lurker crew
    UK Brah

umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How would you explain to your mom that exercise is safe? Obviously you would need to do your workouts with proper form or else you increase your chance of getting hurt. For reference I have a BS in kines but she basically dismisses everything I have to say.
    *Official San Diego Brah Crew*
    *In Love With Taylor Swift Crew*
    *Rugby Crew*

Bench: 345
    Squat: 500
    Deadlift: 585

tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tank2003 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm back for the time being bros. I'll answer questions later though. I missed this **** so much
    VO2 Max=65 mL/(kg�min); Max Power Output=2250 watts; Max BP=465 lbs; B.S. Applied Clinical Exercise Physiology; Ask me your training questions here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173292071; 11x/11A

Bitch Lasagna

Originally Posted by dulcis View Post
    Related to this topic, I had a question from last night in the gym. I started weight training only around December '16 but not at ALL consistently. I have only been 2 months consistent so I am still rather new.

I figured out a routine last week after trial and error + instructional videos for a lower body routine that is heavily glute focused. It made specifically my butt pretty sore. Four days later, yesterday, I went to do the same routine but added a little extra weight on the earlier workouts.

When I got to hip abductor though (I sit out of the seat to really hit the glutes) I dropped from 130 to 110 for my max weight. I literally couldn't do 130 where as last time I could have done 150.

Is it just that I need even longer to recover? Or, did I overdo it on the other lifts and so I just had nothing left? For reference, I push myself until I am shaking and to failure.
    Doesnt sound like you over did it at all. When you arent consistently training, your central nervous system isnt consistent either. When you do not continue to increase the demands on the musculo-skeletal system, your body will undergo the reversibility principle and you'll lose the ability to rep that weight and what not. Since you werent quite a regular, it doesnt sound like you had a whole lot to lose in the first place (no hate). I really just think that you were still just adjusting. I wouldnt imagine that by now things have started to even out

Originally Posted by Skin4arm View Post
    Hey OP what kind of training can i do if ive blown my achellies tendon and i am about %80 recovered.
    My calf muscle gets tight if i train alot or walk alot on it and i massage it every now and again.. ive torn my calf muscle in the past due to over stretching and the achellies inury.

I have a rotator cuff injury in the left shoulder.
    It causes tennis elbow and scapula pain.

What exercises can i do to make it stronger? its about 80% healed but it is weak. cant do any pull or pushing with it.

Pm me plz.
    Chit bro....You completely tore it? I'm going to defer to Dr Jo because this is a pretty tall order

Originally Posted by umopp View Post
    How would you explain to your mom that exercise is safe? Obviously you would need to do your workouts with proper form or else you increase your chance of getting hurt. For reference I have a BS in kines but she basically dismisses everything I have to say.
    Why do you care what she thinks? If she is just going to dismiss everything, then why does it matter? As long as you are adequately educated on the subject matter and approach exercise in a safe manner, then there are ZERO negative side effects what so ever

Bitch Lasagna

horsediente has a spectacular aura about. (+250) horsediente has a spectacular aura about. (+250) horsediente has a spectacular aura about. (+250) horsediente has a spectacular aura about. (+250) horsediente has a spectacular aura about. (+250) horsediente has a spectacular aura about. (+250) horsediente has a spectacular aura about. (+250) horsediente has a spectacular aura about. (+250) horsediente has a spectacular aura about. (+250) horsediente has a spectacular aura about. (+250) horsediente has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Tank, this is my first time posting in this thread. Could you give a list, however long or short it might be, of some of the scholarly journals you follow that are centered around strength/conditioning or sports nutrition? I have read a ton of books by pro bodybuilders and the like who have practical experience with weight training, but would really like to balance out my knowledge by getting acquainted with academic/scholarly research perspectives on resistance training. I have a graduate degree in an unrelated field, so dense academic writing does not frighten me, lol. Thanks in advance.
    -- I savagely abuse my equipment, in the most tender and loving way possible --

Registered User skinnybigballs0's Avatar
    skinnybigballs0 is a complete loser! (-2000) skinnybigballs0 is a complete loser! (-2000) skinnybigballs0 is a complete loser! (-2000) skinnybigballs0 is a complete loser! (-2000) skinnybigballs0 is a complete loser! (-2000) skinnybigballs0 is a complete loser! (-2000) skinnybigballs0 is a complete loser! (-2000) skinnybigballs0 is a complete loser! (-2000) skinnybigballs0 is a complete loser! (-2000) skinnybigballs0 is a complete loser! (-2000) skinnybigballs0 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    A buddy of mine is a trainer and he's proposing a 60c%/30p/10f% split in a deficit.... this guys clients are all ducking shredded to the bone and they look juiced the fuk up If I didn't kno some of them personally I'd think they were cycling. Absolutely crazy. Any thoughts on this?

With protein being that low wouldn't muscle loss b significant?

Originally Posted by horsediente View Post
    Tank, this is my first time posting in this thread. Could you give a list, however long or short it might be, of some of the scholarly journals you follow that are centered around strength/conditioning or sports nutrition? I have read a ton of books by pro bodybuilders and the like who have practical experience with weight training, but would really like to balance out my knowledge by getting acquainted with academic/scholarly research perspectives on resistance training. I have a graduate degree in an unrelated field, so dense academic writing does not frighten me, lol. Thanks in advance.
    Dont really follow any other than ACSM, WPL, and other entities of the like. I rely on my education and experience otherwise. If i dont know, then I say so
    Originally Posted by skinnybigballs0 View Post
    A buddy of mine is a trainer and he's proposing a 60c%/30p/10f% split in a deficit.... this guys clients are all ducking shredded to the bone and they look juiced the fuk up If I didn't kno some of them personally I'd think they were cycling. Absolutely crazy. Any thoughts on this?

With protein being that low wouldn't muscle loss b significant?
    What works for one guy may not work for another. Hell, Lee Priest is a vegan and look at him (but yeah...he um...has a hormonal advantage). My point is, no one method is the correct way

Bitch Lasagna

KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Tank, re-reading that last page, a couple questions, wondering if my issues are all connected. I have foot supination, bad ankle rolls, knee pain, low back pain and I sit a lot. FWIW I've never had a hamstring pull, but sometimes my quads pull while doing squats. Do I need to stretch my calves/ankles more? My ankles roll ALL the time, sometimes it really fuks me up, what do I need to do?

Originally Posted by KMadigan777 View Post
    Hey Tank, re-reading that last page, a couple questions, wondering if my issues are all connected. I have foot supination, bad ankle rolls, knee pain, low back pain and I sit a lot. FWIW I've never had a hamstring pull, but sometimes my quads pull while doing squats. Do I need to stretch my calves/ankles more? My ankles roll ALL the time, sometimes it really fuks me up, what do I need to do?
    Do your quads pull from your hips or knees? I would imagine they pull from the knees, but the issue is probably in the hip. The muscles are much more numerous and dense there and not to mention, much more sensitive to making physiological changes when it comes to adjusting to compensation when there are issues with the ankles and knees

Bitch Lasagna

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz
    My tailbone is one fire. WTF! All I did was turn one way!

Also some say stretching is good and others say don't stretch? I like to stretch so yeah?

If my back is wacked out I should rest but for how long? Until I feel right? Keep in mind I do manual labor at work :/

Originally Posted by TheDukeUSMC View Post
    My tailbone is one fire. WTF! All I did was turn one way!

Also some say stretching is good and others say don't stretch? I like to stretch so yeah?

If my back is wacked out I should rest but for how long? Until I feel right? Keep in mind I do manual labor at work :/
    Your tailbone eh? I suggest you stop catching and rest or take over pitching for a bit.

Stretching is just about always good as long as you do it correctly and at the correct time. A very light stretch when you wake up is good. Just a few minutes though. Start your day first, THEN stretch. I prefer to do some cardio and get the blood flowing then hit a deep long stretch. Ballistic stretching, however, where you bounce up and down ( see gif below; is also what was taught in middle/high school PE for YEARS) is just about always bad. So dont do it. Or i will find you.

Now about your back. Any idea what you did you jack it up?
    -How long has it been bothering you?
    -What motions/exercises aggrivate it?
    -What motions/exercises do not?
    -What eases the pain?
    -Does it hurt to take deep breathes, cough, sneeze, bend over etc?

Include any other details that you can recall so i can Dx better
    Last edited by tank2003; 09-11-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Bitch Lasagna

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by tank2003 View Post
    Your tailbone eh? I suggest you stop catching and rest or take over pitching for a bit.

Stretching is just about always good as long as you do it correctly and at the correct time. A very light stretch when you wake up is good. Just a few minutes though. Start your day first, THEN stretch. I prefer to do some cardio and get the blood flowing then hit a deep long stretch. Ballistic stretching, however, where you bounce up and down ( see gif below; is also what was taught in middle/high school PE for YEARS) is just about always bad. So dont do it. Or i will find you.

Now about your back. Any idea what you did you jack it up?
    -How long has it been bothering you?
    -What motions/exercises aggrivate it?
    -What motions/exercises do not?
    -What eases the pain?
    -Does it hurt to take deep breathes, cough, sneeze, bend over etc?

Include any other details that you can recall so i can Dx better

HA HA HA

Ok. Sounds like I will change it up.

It comes and goes depending on how much work I do
    Some bending, some pressing.
    Otherwise I am fine
    Rest, ALOT of aspirin, ice/hot, deep tissue massage, etc
    It does when I fuk it up otherwise I am fine.

Like it was on fire yesterday because all I did was twist and turn to lift something. Today I feel fine. I mean all I did was try to lift a 80lb bag of cement. Odd.

Originally Posted by TheDukeUSMC View Post
    HA HA HA

Ok. Sounds like I will change it up.

It comes and goes depending on how much work I do
    Some bending, some pressing.
    Otherwise I am fine
    Rest, ALOT of aspirin, ice/hot, deep tissue massage, etc
    It does when I fuk it up otherwise I am fine.

Like it was on fire yesterday because all I did was twist and turn to lift something. Today I feel fine. I mean all I did was try to lift a 80lb bag of cement. Odd.
    Sounds like you have some radiculopathy that comes with age and possibly from injury. When it comes to low back and hip issues liek these, there are a TON of factors that can contribute to the overall issue. If you cant see a chiro or a physio, i'd suggest working in stretching a few times a day so try and reduce inflammation. But start slow by stretching a few minutes at a time, and working up from there. Also, stop bending at the hip when you need to pick something up. Bend at the knees instead. Its a friggin pain in the butt hole, but its much better for you. Also, its also much better to turn your entire body rather than to twist especially when you are carrying so mething

Bitch Lasagna

KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000) KMadigan777 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do your quads pull from your hips or knees? I would imagine they pull from the knees, but the issue is probably in the hip. The muscles are much more numerous and dense there and not to mention, much more sensitive to making physiological changes when it comes to adjusting to compensation when there are issues with the ankles and knees
    How can I tell which it pulls from? I foam roll and by the knee is INSANELY sensitive. But does all that stuff go together about tight quads/hips, then knee pain, and ankle rolling? In general I'm really healthy, just these weird pains that sometimes take me out.

Sounds like you have some radiculopathy that comes with age and possibly from injury. When it comes to low back and hip issues liek these, there are a TON of factors that can contribute to the overall issue. If you cant see a chiro or a physio, i'd suggest working in stretching a few times a day so try and reduce inflammation. But start slow by stretching a few minutes at a time, and working up from there. Also, stop bending at the hip when you need to pick something up. Bend at the knees instead. Its a friggin pain in the butt hole, but its much better for you. Also, its also much better to turn your entire body rather than to twist especially when you are carrying so mething
    Thansk brah

CawkBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CawkBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CawkBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CawkBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CawkBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CawkBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CawkBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CawkBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CawkBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CawkBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CawkBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey tank, I have started training recently after taking 3 years off. I have lost most of my muscle mass. Is muscle memory legit? if so can you explain the science behind it.

I used to follow a routine that Layne Norton was advocating, PHAT Routine. Should I just go back to that or should I be doing following another routine to get the quickest results. I've gone from about 100kg down to 77kg.

Originally Posted by CawkBrah View Post
    Hey tank, I have started training recently after taking 3 years off. I have lost most of my muscle mass. Is muscle memory legit? if so can you explain the science behind it.

I used to follow a routine that Layne Norton was advocating, PHAT Routine. Should I just go back to that or should I be doing following another routine to get the quickest results. I've gone from about 100kg down to 77kg.
    Muscle memory is legit. However, it refers more to something like....freethrows in basketball or say, assembling something on an assembly line (where you assemble the exact same thing all shift long). or this:

My point is that all muscle memory is, is when you improve the central nervous systems signal to the nerves that innervate the muscles. The electromagnet signal travels through the neurons, through the axons and across the synapses and ultimately ends up at the muscles you are using. The more you use those muscles (repetition, practice, reps...whatever), the faster the signal, and the better you become at that task.

When it comes to iron therapy, you could say muscle memory still applies.
    Ex: When most of us first tip toes into a weight room, made sure no one was looking and timidly slid under 95 lbs on bench press and nearly killed ourselves, we let gravity pull the weight down rather than us LOWERING the weight slow and controlled. After some practice, that was most likely corrected. Now i'll bet Proudmanlet's let nut that you can slide back under some weight and be able to hit some reps correctly like you are supposed to. So in that sense, yes, muscle memory is legit.

However, what i think you are referring to is getting back to where you were when you stopped training. This is a tricky question. For me, I can blow back up fairly quickly as long as i stay on my weekly Rx needle in my hip (it rhymes with bestosterone), then i'll be back up to 18" biceps in 2 months. For me, it is there, but for certain body parts. I have to REALLY kick my own ass to get my legs to quit being jag offs and grow.

For the average lifter (fully natty, no Rx like myself), I would say that to a certain degree, yes, you would make some gains quickly. Similar to the noob gains. But like the noob gains, they would stop abruptly. However, i think that you could use this unique physiological/metabolically opportunity to shock the CHIT out of yourself. The point of the shock principle is to confuse the fukking chot out of the central nervous system. You see, when you go to the gym and get yourself ready hit those reps, just by looking at the weights (and by repeating the same lame workout over and over), your CNS knows about how many motor units (they coordinate the contractions of muscles. The more motor units that are recruited, the stronger the contraction. Which is bueno) to recruit to get the job done without using too much energy. Your body only wants to use as little energy as possible and wants to save as much as possible in case you need to wrestle a moose or overhead press a HBB to ensure that your genes will be passed on. So the point of the shock principle is to force the CNS to recruit as many motor units as possible so you can throw around heavier weights and, in turn, do more neuro damage to the muscle (good thing). The damage has to be repaired so the body repairs it bigger and stronger (hypertrophy). By doing something like this:
    -10 reps on Bench press; Moderately heavy
    -50 push ups
    -15 reps Eccentric Loading (Negatives); Super heavy
    -15 reps incline bench or cables; moderately heavy
    -Cable flies; Super set
    -Chest dips until failure
    Etc

Your body should be like

To try and answer your question in a neat package: Does muscle memory exist? Yes and No. It depends on how you look at it. You'll still be able to perform the motions on just about all the exercises just fine. You should be able to make some decent progress for a time, but try not to get discouraged if/when you plateau

Bitch Lasagna