Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    HistoryBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HistoryBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HistoryBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HistoryBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HistoryBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HistoryBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HistoryBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HistoryBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HistoryBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HistoryBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HistoryBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Any tips on improving ankle flexibility? My inflexible ankles are preventing me from getting low while squatting. They're so bad I can't even do leg press with proper form (legs flare out like crazy around parallel). This is preventing me from doing deadlifts as well.

JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    tfw wrapping up my Masters in Applied Exercise Science and reading this thread like its a peer reviewed journal

Lots of good stuff in here, Tank.
    I'm back, bby - doubt you noticed

N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi tank2003's Avatar
    tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HistoryBrah View Post
    Any tips on improving ankle flexibility? My inflexible ankles are preventing me from getting low while squatting. They're so bad I can't even do leg press with proper form (legs flare out like crazy around parallel). This is preventing me from doing deadlifts as well.

First you need to confirm that you can't utilize a full ROM. So:
    - go to a wall and put your foot about a hand width's distance from it (your toes should be pointing to the wall) -Remove your hand (there should be about 6" between the wall and your toes). While keeping your foot firmly in place, lean forward (slowly) so you are dorsiflexing the ankle.
    -If you can touch your patella to the wall, then you are fine. If not, then you could use some work

You can also have someone watch you air squat. Then place a 5 lb weight under your heels and do it again. If you can go farther, then its probably an ankle biomechanical issue, but those are VERY rare.

If soft tissue if the culprit (like tight calves), then foam roll them out. *It is important to note that most of us have really tight posterior chains (Low back, glutes, hams and calves). So i'm 100% certain you could close the ROM gap a bit with some extensive stretching starting from the ground by rolling your feet over a tennis ball to relax the feet, then move to calves, then hams, then glutes and low back THEN back down.

Originally Posted by JACrawford View Post
    tfw wrapping up my Masters in Applied Exercise Science and reading this thread like its a peer reviewed journal

Lots of good stuff in here, Tank.
    No problem bro. I love to teach. Which is about all you can do with these Exercise Phys Degrees. Lol.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    -Dr. Jordan Peterson Sept 2017
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey tank,
    I've 3 questions.

1)what do you think an athlete should do Front squats or back squats, assuming he can only do 1 and why?

2)Why does my deadlift get significantly more difficult after doing front squats, but they're fine after I have done back squats, To my knowledge don't back squats work the posterior chain more?

3)Do Elbow planks work the Spinal erectors or are they just abs?

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Kanvus View Post
    Hey tank,
    I've 3 questions.

1)what do you think an athlete should do Front squats or back squats, assuming he can only do 1 and why?

2)Why does my deadlift get significantly more difficult after doing front squats, but they're fine after I have done back squats, To my knowledge don't back squats work the posterior chain more?

I don't understand the difference between Front Squat and Back Squat(the effects of them) Isn't it jsut that the weight is shifted in a different position? I mean to me a Squat is a Squat. Does it matter?
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanvus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    I don't understand the difference between Front Squat and Back Squat(the effects of them) Isn't it jsut that the weight is shifted in a different position? I mean to me a Squat is a Squat. Does it matter?
    Yes.

Snakin down your chimney InVentive44's Avatar
    InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey brehs

I've got a pinch/ pull in my left shoulder when I do side lateral raises, I'm not doing improper form by pouring the "pitcher". My thumbs are pointed more upwards. I feel the pain more in my Medial delt

What could cause this?

Tank's Banned?!, dang looks like I won't be getting my daily dose of knowledge anytime soon.

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Tank's Banned?!, dang looks like I won't be getting my daily dose of knowledge anytime soon.
    Why is he banned?
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Why is he banned?
    I don't know man but if you look at his latest post here It just says Banned and 0 reps

tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey tank,
    I've 3 questions.

1.) Back squats. Front squats are for advanced lifters because it completely moves your center mass (or center of gravity). When you do this (move your center of mass/gravity), you have to engage synergists to a higher degree. I think of mass movement like this: get set up on the decline bench to do some decline sit ups. Now, pick up some plate weights to add some resistance, except, you hold the weight behind your head rather than holding it on your chest. When you hold the weight on your chest, your center of mass BARELY moves at all. The next time you see a douche adding plates onto his chest when doing sit ups, you kick him square in the teeth

2.) Front squats are tougher because of reasons

3.)All core muscles. Just about anytime you are contracting the abs, then you are working the erector spinae as well. However, the erector spinae is most targeted when you are flexed at the hip and you straighten your back from being bent. Yes, planks will help you target your low back, but its much more effective when you are doing back extensions. They are essentially the same (for low back) except that there is actualy joint motion on back extensions

The weight is directly above your low back in a back squat. While that position isnt natural, its much more easy to handle than a front squat. One goal of resistance training is to strain your body so that it works harder, but in a safe manner. Like i said above, when you move the weight to the front, this is a position your body has probably never tried, so its much harder. You simply cant do as much weight on a front squat as a reg squat...Unless you are ronny coleman.
    Think of it like this. Let's say that you are strong enough to hold 135 lbs in the traditional bench press form, except you are standing up. Like if you were in a full upper body cast. I put the weight in your hands (and somehow you were able to hold it there). Now you have to do a set of squats. Since the weight is No longer over your center of gravity, you will be fighting harder and harder to stay upright as you do your reps. It's all the same in my head so it makes perfect sense to me, but that last example may suck. If anyone gets it and can explain it much better then feel free

Here
    Originally Posted by InVentive44 View Post
    Hey brehs

I've got a pinch/ pull in my left shoulder when I do side lateral raises, I'm not doing improper form by pouring the "pitcher". My thumbs are pointed more upwards. I feel the pain more in my Medial delt

What could cause this?
    NEVER POUR THE PITCHER!!!!!!!!!!! N-E-V-E-R!!!! It may not fuk your world up at first, but in the long run it DEFINITELY will!!!

Your thumbs, or the knuckle rather, should be pointing directly in front of you

This one should help you

No worries fellas, i've returned. Forsook you all, I have not. For i relished on the memories of us during my incarceration

Why is he banned?
    I wasnt th inking. I quoted an illicit substance in another thread. It was def my fault but the mod gods saw fit to punish me with a 24 hours ban. The mod gods can truly be merciful
    I don't know man but if you look at his latest post here It just says Banned and 0 reps
    Rest easy children. I am here
    Last edited by tank2003; 04-27-2017 at 06:22 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

Children, why hath thous forsaken me? I bring the gospel to you so that thou may rise to heavenly ranks, yet abandon me in my temporary sabbatical granted to me by a vigilant mod for 30 buckets of whey. As i fought me way back, I took comfort in knowing that my children would be waiting for me, yet I see you not. Does thou no longer wish to be heavenly? To have the gains that only our father, Arnold, can grant you? I have layed the path on the road, but you walk another.

ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    forgiveth thy sins father

i always have questions but lately ive been a lazy chit, mostly because of my diet...really need to get off sugar and just go back to eating good. ****, i can't even imagine how bad excess sugar is going to affect me later in life if it hits me this hard already...brb body turns it into fat the moment it touches my tongue, brb lazy as ****, brb can actually feel detect the inflammation in the tissues caused from said sugar. pretty much is a drug like *******

but yeah, here are my Qs:

1) Thinking about doing pull to push like at a 3:1 ratio for a while. I feel like I've been doing too much for my chest and shoulders lately and not nearly enough for my back. Feel like it's affecting me negatively too. I just want to counterbalance whatever damage I did from neglecting my back training, and do it quick in a matter of weeks

2) What is the number one thing you do, to personally relieve your back pain?

3) Best rep range to work within for hypertrophy of neck muscles? Any neck training tips in general? I've had a bit of success with just doing isometric work but it's boring as ****. Hopefully once im done with this bull**** injuries that have seemed to been piling up lately i'll be able to do some rack pulls and see if that **** really does build traps and then finish it off with some neck work and see if i can make some significant gains, hopefully
    Word is Bond

Lakers - Mackin' on your favorite team since 1947

Dear Tank,
    Tank here are 3 of my questions, Is it ok to do HIIT on an empty stomach in the morning or is it detrimental to my body?

Question 2, Is it ok to do HIIT in the morning and still workout on the evening?

How long should workouts be(Not including Mobility warm up, and dynamic stretching)? My workouts last usually 2 hours Including the mobility drills and dynamic stretching routine.

Edit: I'm looking to lose fat and Improve Cardio-vascular Efficiency, but a quick google search says that doing HIIT on an empty stomach can/may lead to loss of lean tissue care to chime in on this tank?
    Last edited by Kanvus; 05-01-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Originally Posted by ClevageGobbler View Post
    forgiveth thy sins father

i always have questions but lately ive been a lazy chit, mostly because of my diet...really need to get off sugar and just go back to eating good. ****, i can't even imagine how bad excess sugar is going to affect me later in life if it hits me this hard already...brb body turns it into fat the moment it touches my tongue, brb lazy as ****, brb can actually feel detect the inflammation in the tissues caused from said sugar. pretty much is a drug like *******

but yeah, here are my Qs:

1) Thinking about doing pull to push like at a 3:1 ratio for a while. I feel like I've been doing too much for my chest and shoulders lately and not nearly enough for my back. Feel like it's affecting me negatively too. I just want to counterbalance whatever damage I did from neglecting my back training, and do it quick in a matter of weeks

2) What is the number one thing you do, to personally relieve your back pain?

3) Best rep range to work within for hypertrophy of neck muscles? Any neck training tips in general? I've had a bit of success with just doing isometric work but it's boring as ****. Hopefully once im done with this bull**** injuries that have seemed to been piling up lately i'll be able to do some rack pulls and see if that **** really does build traps and then finish it off with some neck work and see if i can make some significant gains, hopefully
    1. Would advise to first throw in a few extra sets of back workouts, specifically rowing. try that for ~6 weeks and see what happens. Also, really make it a point to stretch your chest. Relaxed muscles wont pull nearly as much

2. Stretching + Laying down. My issues are pretty uncommon since I have bad arthritis and scar tissue impinging a nerve. However, stretching helps relax muscles and that directly helps ease the pain some. Other than that, I would recommend to ISO low/middle/upper back (which ever bothers you the most but i'm willing to bet its your low back). If its your low back, roll your bare feet on a tennis ball (to relax the tendons), then stretch calves, then hams, then glutes/low back, and then go back down to your feet. repeat as many times a necessary

3. IMO, HIGH volume is the only way to go for hypertrophy in the neck. I never got much of anything done until i decided to do 30 reps per set and see where that takes me. And after 3-4 weeks, my traps exploded. I did standard shrugs (where i leaned forward slightly, and let the weight pull my anterior shoulders forward. Then for the reps, i would go straight up (as high as i could go; note: always look forward in shrugs. Looking up will lessen your ROM) and then straight down (allowing my shoulders to come forward a bit). I did this all while adducting my scapulas (bringing them together). These form tweaks will activate the middle and upper fibers of the traps)

Dear Tank,
    Tank here are 3 of my questions, Is it ok to do HIIT on an empty stomach in the morning or is it detrimental to my body?

Question 2, Is it ok to do HIIT in the morning and still workout on the evening?

How long should workouts be(Not including Mobility warm up, and dynamic stretching)? My workouts last usually 2 hours Including the mobility drills and dynamic stretching routine.

Edit: I'm looking to lose fat and Improve Cardio-vascular Efficiency, but a quick google search says that doing HIIT on an empty stomach can/may lead to loss of lean tissue care to chime in on this tank?
    1. Yes it is ok. I personally dont like it, but then again, i dont eat a big breakfast then beat my ass at the gym right after. A CHIT ton of bb'ers swear by this (fasting and training)

2. You could try it, but i think that doing compounds again would push you into over training. I would stick to ISO stuff and at an intensity of 7 out 10

3. 1.5 at the most (JUST the trianing. Not stretching and warms ups an what not). You REALLY need structured time hacks to meet in order to train your body like clock work. Only you have the ability to set your rest time, but based on intensity, if you are doing HIIT, i would say start off with a 2 min break in between. If your intensity level is super high, then you will need more time. And as ive covered before, intensity is measured via Heart rate (Beats per minute). Most people dont know their max heart rate so they use the theoretical equation: 220 minus your age = Theoretical HR Max. So if you are 20 years old, your TBPM = 200. To do a REAL HIIT workout, your heart rate NEEDS to stay around 170-180 BPM. But let me tell you bro, it. is. a. B'OTCH. You'll wonder why you decided to do this in the first place. BUT, you have to reach inside, grab what you need, and grip it till it bleeds. Whatever you need in order to finish the workout. You resting heart rate (assuming you are keeping it up between 170 and 180,) probably wont fall much during the rest but doesnt need to drop below 150-160

At the end of the workout, if you arent wanting to off yourself, then you werent doing enough. HIIT training is best done in groups so someone can encourage you to stop being a bish as well as change your tampon and man up for the next cycle

If you are doing a "cardio" style workout, then your BPM should be around 150.

ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good look. I've racked up a ton of injuries over the years, especially over the years ages 17-22 so I know the disappointments of being stuck with an injury or injuries all to well. Luckily I managed to get out of that hole and find my way. Your advice is MUCH appreciated, tank. I don't know if this would interest you or not, but there's this one dude named Tom Meyer who has this anatomy series called Anatomy Trains that this one cool doctor ive seen recommended me to check out. Meyers offers some insightful information regarding fascia. I'm highly interested in what he or anybody else has to say about the topic revolving around fascia because one of the major problems that impedes us after injury is the scar tissue that forms after the trauma. I'm still not sure if scar tissue can fully removed or broken down then rebuilt as more functioning tissue but I aim to find out. Would be really exciting to know that there is something people can do to regenerate their health by dealing with their scar tissue, fully

Also, I fully agree with the high volume for upper trap development and probably neck too but i need to work on the neck first to see never really trained neck consistently at all. But yeah for traps shrugs at least, takes a hell of a lot of perfect form, all in type concentration reps, tons of them. I found that 40 reps or 45 reps per set is the sweet spot if I can mange to stick with the intensity and focus on the contractions and form all the way through. But even then, gains are negligible. I think I need to go a lot heavier to really blow up the traps. Lighter weight high reps no matter how perfect the form and effort going in doesnt seem to do chit, me being a testament to that. Leaning forward while doing the sets makes all the difference though you're definitely right about that. i'll try the high rep scheme for neck out soon
    Word is Bond

Lakers - Mackin' on your favorite team since 1947

Originally Posted by ClevageGobbler View Post
    Good look. I've racked up a ton of injuries over the years, especially over the years ages 17-22 so I know the disappointments of being stuck with an injury or injuries all to well. Luckily I managed to get out of that hole and find my way. Your advice is MUCH appreciated, tank. I don't know if this would interest you or not, but there's this one dude named Tom Meyer who has this anatomy series called Anatomy Trains that this one cool doctor ive seen recommended me to check out. Meyers offers some insightful information regarding fascia. I'm highly interested in what he or anybody else has to say about the topic revolving around fascia because one of the major problems that impedes us after injury is the scar tissue that forms after the trauma. I'm still not sure if scar tissue can fully removed or broken down then rebuilt as more functioning tissue but I aim to find out. Would be really exciting to know that there is something people can do to regenerate their health by dealing with their scar tissue, fully

Also, I fully agree with the high volume for upper trap development and probably neck too but i need to work on the neck first to see never really trained neck consistently at all. But yeah for traps shrugs at least, takes a hell of a lot of perfect form, all in type concentration reps, tons of them. I found that 40 reps or 45 reps per set is the sweet spot if I can mange to stick with the intensity and focus on the contractions and form all the way through. But even then, gains are negligible. I think I need to go a lot heavier to really blow up the traps. Lighter weight high reps no matter how perfect the form and effort going in doesnt seem to do chit, me being a testament to that. Leaning forward while doing the sets makes all the difference though you're definitely right about that. i'll try the high rep scheme for neck out soon
    This is my view on traps:

If 40+ is your zone then stay the course. Its different strokes for different folks. But i like to pay attention to what people tell me and mix it with some parts of my workout. Like tricep kick backs. I use to do them normally:

But I lifted with a buddy almost 10 years ago and he suggested that i end the concentric phase with my palm upwards (to the ceiling). Low and behold, it REALLY hit the medial head of the tri's

Oh yeah..scar tissue. In most cases, scar tissue is there for good. For some small injuries, like a cut or something, that left a scar, the body may reabsorb it. But collagen is a fickle chemical. Doesnt break down well among other things. You can try and minimize scar tissue formation by massaging your cut area a little bit each day. That stimulates the genesis of skin and fascia.

The issue with scar tissue is that it can be quickly produced to help a wound heal but obviously it leaves a prominent sign. You COULD surgically remove it, but surgery always results in scar tissue.

CobybSmith is just really nice. (+1000) CobybSmith is just really nice. (+1000) CobybSmith is just really nice. (+1000) CobybSmith is just really nice. (+1000) CobybSmith is just really nice. (+1000) CobybSmith is just really nice. (+1000) CobybSmith is just really nice. (+1000) CobybSmith is just really nice. (+1000) CobybSmith is just really nice. (+1000) CobybSmith is just really nice. (+1000) CobybSmith is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry if this was asked already.

Is the merit of higher frequency vs higher volume for natural lifters true? If I did 12 sets a muscle a week would it be more optimal, or no difference, to do 4 sets a workout for three workouts a week, or two sets of 6?
    B/S/D
    300/365/405

When you strain your neck do you normally get these mild headaches throughout the day?

Cause I sprained mine and my head feels buzzy.

Originally Posted by CobybSmith View Post

Is the merit of higher frequency vs higher volume for natural lifters true? If I did 12 sets a muscle a week would it be more optimal, or no difference, to do 4 sets a workout for three workouts a week, or two sets of 6?
    "Riding a bicycle" helps with recovery hence why Ahnold was able to do 2-a-days. In my opinion the amount of sets that one does during a workout really doesn't matter too much.As long as you have the intensity/focus down. US Army Special Forces motto is "Your mind is the ultimate weapon." Bruce Lee said, "You must go beyond plateaus."
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Originally Posted by CobybSmith View Post

IMO, its subjective to each lifter. Me personally, I prefer high reps per set. That is how i got my traps and cavles to explode. I dont use such high reps (~30) on compounds that go get me killed, like BP, or when doing legs (because leg day wrecks me as it is. High reps would burst an aneurysm. It is also my personal opinion that you need to perform at least 4 different exercises per muscle group. I do 5 however. For me, it feels better in the end as well as soreness. I use soreness as a fairly reliable gauge of intensity and whatnot.

When you strain your neck do you normally get these mild headaches throughout the day?

Cause I sprained mine and my head feels buzzy.
    Ive never strained my neck and ive always had migraines so i cant really relate to this specific issue. Here area few things i do for mine migraines:
    -Keep my blood pressure low
    -250-500mg of magnesium/day. Magnesium helps "calm" the CNS. Also, start low with this because everyones tollerable upper limit is different. when you take too much, you'll have the ass piss for 8 hours
    -Stretch the traps and anterior neck muscles
    -I LOVE having someone do a deep tissue massage on my traps but when i have a migraine, i prefer they they dig their elbows in. "New pain" over shadows "old pain." You can do this on major pressure points like in between your thumb and pointer in the meat
    -Stay hydrated
    - Massage the neck and back of the sckull (on the occipital lobe)

Dear Tank,

I've sprained my rotator cuff I think it is, doing Front squats, I can feel in just behind my shoulder and near my scapula,my shoulder clicks very loudly when I raise my arm up, a very audible click, any tips beside icing? Icing doesn't seem to reach the deep dull soreness I have on my sholders.

Dear Tank,

I've sprained my rotator cuff I think it is, doing Front squats, I can feel in just behind my shoulder and near my scapula,my shoulder clicks very loudly when I raise my arm up, a very audible click, any tips beside icing? Icing doesn't seem to reach the deep dull soreness I have on my sholders.
    OK. Just for clarification's sake:
    Sprains - Ligaments
    Strains - Muscles

The way to check your RCs is to:
    -Raise your arms out (from your side, not in front of you) so your body is making the shape of the letter "T."
    -With both fists, make the "thumbs down" motion so the thumbs are extended and pointing to the ground
    -Have someone else gently push down on your first or forearms. If it hurts, then it is def a strain ion your RC

Clicking isnt much a a big deal. It is usually just a tendon that gets "hung" on a bone and it is quickly moved into its regular action path. Its really common in the knees, especially. But its pretty hard to Dx from the other side of the computer. But i'll defer to Jeff Cavalier.

This vid should fix the issue

And just for good measure

tylerurann will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerurann will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerurann will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerurann will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerurann will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerurann will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerurann will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerurann will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerurann will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerurann will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerurann will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fkn lol
    *WA State, USA crew
    *Rooty Hill, Sydney NSW AUSTRALIA Crew
    *ENFP crew

Originally Posted by tylerurann View Post
    Fkn lol
    Cool story

How does one do side lateral raises correctly? Saw a guy in the gym accidentally smash his dink because he didn't do them right.(Dead SRS)
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

How does one do side lateral raises correctly? Saw a guy in the gym accidentally smash his dink because he didn't do them right.(Dead SRS)
    -Stand with feet at about a shoulders width
    -Lean forward slightly
    -Palms should be facing each other grasping the DB or cable right infront of your junk
    -Pull your shoulders back (adduct the scapulas). This helps place all the force on your delts
    -With your elbows locked but slightly bent, raise them up. Make sure you finish the concentric phase where the palms are not pointed DOWN to the ground. They should be level also. Some guys will "overpour the pitcher" which is where they tilt the back of the DB UP and the thumb side goes DOWN, like you are pouring a pitcher of water

While it is true that over pouring activates the ant delt heads WAYYYYYYYY more, but it will, and this a is a guarantee, to fuk up your shoulders int he long run.

The guy probably neutured himself because he was, more or less, flapping his arms as well as letting his upper body move with the weight. You always want to keep your elbows locked as well as your upper body. The ONLY joint that should move is the shoulder. I stress this in tricep dips too. Except in dips, the ONLY joint that should be moving is the elbow. There should be ZERO shoulder movement

Embed ain't working for me tank, but since icing did not work I just went to the gym and did a bunch of rotator cuff exercises (Cuban press,ext rotation,reverse flies) and my shoulder actually has reduced in swelling and is relatively better now

Embed ain't working for me tank, but since icing did not work I just went to the gym and did a bunch of rotator cuff exercises (Cuban press,ext rotation,reverse flies) and my shoulder actually has reduced in swelling and is relatively better now
    Really? That suggests that there might have been some impingement going on. A lot of times, sleeping can mess your shoulders up. When you sleep on your side, you need to hug a pillow. Otherwise, that can put a TON of pressure on your shoulder and spine. When you sleep on your back, try putting a pillow in between your body and arm. Sometimes when I dont do that, my shoulders will hurt kind of like they are being pulled from the socket at the elbow

mysticpolarbear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mysticpolarbear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mysticpolarbear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mysticpolarbear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mysticpolarbear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mysticpolarbear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mysticpolarbear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mysticpolarbear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mysticpolarbear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mysticpolarbear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mysticpolarbear has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have a question.

Do you have any exercise recommendations for posture & posterior chain correction? I lift M-F, and dedicate my Saturdays to "corrective" routines, but I'm having a difficult time coming up with a plan that is effective. Looking to fix a slight Lumbar Lordosis & slight forward Shoulder rotation (When I lay my arms to my side in a relaxed-neutral position, my arms are a few inches too far forward).

Thanks!